flash games - mark 2

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Some of you are probably aware that I am making a flash game on my own for a final school project. I am very close to having a working game available and may need some feedback when the time comes.

Edit: I now have a working game but it's still not finished, so I am presently looking for testers to get some feedback. While I'd rather not publish the link which is actually a work in progress, please PM me if interested in testing.
First correct answer so far...

Hint for other tunes: the grab item & got hit sounds come from tunes that hit #1 in the US on Billboard within the past 10 years. The sound when exiting level is a huge challenge since it was an orchestrated version of an old classic rock song back in the 1960's which later inspired a popular tune in the late 1990's.
Folks, I'll be getting ready to present my Obama arcade game within the next 3 weeks. Any further feedback shall be gratefully appreciated. Link to my game again is: http://jfalberg.tripod.com/cs670/

Sonny 2 is out, which is bigger and better than the first! Big fan.
I use a really cheap tactic in sonny 2 as shown below.

Here is your skill spread:
Dark Echoes 1
Destruction 1
Salvation 1
Tenacity 5
Shock therapy 3
High voltage 1
Electrical storm 4
Wraith form 1
Charged blood 5
Terrify 1
Free will 4
Betrayal 1
Retrograde 1
Over drive 1
Epiphany 1
Psychopath form 1
Implosion 2

I'm not going to get in to some big talk about strategy I'm just going to give you the basics but I assure you this is a build that will be tough to beat. The idea here is a simple one: hit HARD. You throw up free will turn one then you can take your time dropping Wraith form and Psycho form, yes you can do both at once and yes it in fact does pwn. Then you got 3 turns to hit with shock therapy for a guaranteed 8k+ every shot. If that's not enough to kill you opponent use free will to stall till you can get wraith form back up and swing three more times. Your ability wheel should look like this:

Shock therapy 3
Free will 1
Implosion 1
Electrical storm 1
Wraith form 1
Psychopath form 1

If you need more fire power you can switch out a move for Destruction if you need more healing you can switch a move out for another Free will but I have yet to need either.
As for abilities, I got one word: Instincts. Nothing else matters. Strength is useless in this build, wraith form takes care of speed and free will protects your health so no need to buff it. Implosion is a reliable healing move.

Here is your equipment list:
Helm Broken Promise
Armor Johnson's legacy
Gloves Council Gloves
Weapon Wrath of the council
Leggings Bite proof pants
Boots Council shoes

The Shock armor from act 2 is a good second place to this gear and will do you just fin till you get this stuff but believe me this stuff is better, 200 some odd points of instinct beats 60 points of lightening piercing any day. In any case, most of this stuff should be easy to come buy accept for the stuff with �council� in the name you may have to go in to the fight club several times to find the city council and get all the items in question. Till then you can subsist on the full set of mayor gear its not quite as good but is a more than acceptable substitute. If you have trouble finding the weapon you can go in to act 4 and fight in the training ground there till you find a Poseidon's Fury. Its definitely second place In the weapons list. Failing that you can just go to the Pwn Shop and buy that light saber looking weapon whos name eludes me at the moment. The Bite proof pants are the wild card most of this stuff comes from either the mayor or the city council, this is the only item that doesn't. It is important to note that these items where selected because they have the highest Instincts bonus at the cost of all else. Your other stats will suffer badly for the sake of your instincts although it will pay off giving you an instinct score close to 700.

Can someone explain to me why Sonny is so highly rated? I don't "get it".
I like it because it has a decent story, nice graphics, good voice acting, is quite witty and has deep game mechanics. It also has decent replayability with the several different classes.

edit: Sora, that looks pretty cool, but I'm playing as a Biological :p

I like it because it has a decent story, nice graphics, good voice acting, is quite witty and has deep game mechanics. It also has decent replayability with the several different classes.

edit: Sora, that looks pretty cool, but I'm playing as a Biological :p
What kind of Biological are you: Speed, Strength, or Poison?

What kind of Biological are you: Speed, Strength, or Poison?
I've tried Electrical Psycho and Cold Hydro and have found both to be rather fun - with their abilities advanced, they hit hard and still have decent Vitality. For some reason, I have never really liked using Bio... maybe it's not my style.

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
i tried out sonny, did a cold (instict) hydro and got to the end.. story didnt seem to be very coherent but its a fun game. might try again on higher difficulty

I started Sonny 2 as well, playing with Hydro and balancing between strength and Instinct. I cant wait to get the Avenger Form stuff..halfway through the 2nd area

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
imo ditch the strength and go all-out instinct :) i was well over 300 by the time i finished the game

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)