Enchanted Items [Now Multibility]

Leaf Guard + Drought/Desolate Land would have similar effect, but since all mons that could run this are weak to fire and most are not remotely bulky, it's probably less viable, nonetheless list of possible mons:
Tangrowth, Meganium, Leafeon, Lilligant, Jumpluff
(Quiver Dancing Lilligant and BULKY BULK Tangrowth are probably the only feasible ones to run this)
Leaf Guard causes Rest to fail when used during harsh/extremely harsh sunlight

otherwise, this post looks good. the best combination for Hydration + Primordial Sea is probably Manaphy as it gives an already good set (the Tail Glow sweeper set) some extra durability thanks to Hydration Rest, as well as extra power backing up its STAB move of choice.

Tbh I'm really good at hating on stall (I'm sorry AllJokesAside).

Haxorus @ Park Ball
Ability: Mold Breaker + Tinted Lens
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Dragon Claw/Outrage
- Iron Tail

Who needs good coverage when you already hit everything because of Tinted Lens? Multiscale? Unaware? Wtf are those? I have Mold Breaker man. Steel types tryin to wall me? Lol. Weakness of this set is, prone to phazing like Roar, though if you have set up to +2 at least, no Stallmon is gonna stop you if Stealth Rock is on the field.

If you're worried about phazing and annoying Prankster burn/Sleep/whatever, here is an alternative.

Haxorus @ Micle Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker + Magic Bounce
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake/Poison Jab
- Dragon Claw/Outrage
- Brick Break

Substitute? Who needs that when you are basically immune to Roar/Whirlwind/Toxic/Will-o-wisp/whatever status any Stallmon is gonna throw at you, meaning you can just set up in the face of Skarmory without any worries. If you reach +6 somehow, Brick Break 2HKOs Skarmory. Only works against full Stall though.

Azumarill @ Oran Berry
Ability: Huge Power + Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Waterfall/Superpower

Ooh. Unaware trying to wall me? How cute. Get rekt, unless you bring a Mega Venusaur. What? Skarmory?

+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 360-424 (107.7 - 126.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Superpower does the same damage, and also hit Ferrothorn and Empoleon, but drops Attack and Defense so maybe not preferable. I'd say this is still really good, even with Knock Off banned.

Manaphy @ Oran Berry
Ability: Hydration + Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Speed
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Ice Beam/Rain Dance
- Energy Ball

As you know, due to my memory of being walled by Unaware mons in Inheritance, I come to REALLY hate Unaware walls. Tail Glow + Mold Breaker + Rain support is possibly the BEST anti-status and anti Unaware option you can imagine (no, I won't say this is the best option to Stallbreak). Primordial Sea is probably better than Mold Breaker, but I just post this because I want to show my hate against Unaware walls.

I want to show my hate against Unaware walls.
Unaware walls can't be -quite- as bad as AU; mostly because you can't do Unaware on a decent mon AND an item.

Unaware Blissey <<< Unaware + Eviolite Chansey.

I don't think any of the mons that ran Unaware Walls in AU had decent normal abilities; hell Florges' abilities only work in doubles, Cresselia has Levitate and Blissey has...Serene Grace or Natural Cure?

Yea I'm not seeing it as that powerful without the item slot. I'm not finding any bulky mons with abilities that pair particularly well with Unaware...Aromatisse can run Aroma Veil + Unaware, I guess? but its defenses are lower than mew's...

HP 101 Atk 72 Def 72 SpA 99 SpD 89 Spe 29 BST 462
Florges and Cresselia are slightly worse than AU (No lefties recovery), Unaware Chansey, becomes the much less bulky Unaware Blissey; of those only Cresselia runs PHYSICAL bulk anyways.

All of your suggestions are physical completely...

Unaware walls can't be -quite- as bad as AU; mostly because you can't do Unaware on a decent mon AND an item.

Unaware Blissey <<< Unaware + Eviolite Chansey.

I don't think any of the mons that ran Unaware Walls in AU had decent normal abilities; hell Florges' abilities only work in doubles, Cresselia has Levitate and Blissey has...Serene Grace or Natural Cure?

Yea I'm not seeing it as that powerful without the item slot. I'm not finding any bulky mons with abilities that pair particularly well with Unaware...Aromatisse can run Aroma Veil + Unaware, I guess? but its defenses are lower than mew's...

HP 101 Atk 72 Def 72 SpA 99 SpD 89 Spe 29 BST 462
Florges and Cresselia are slightly worse than AU (No lefties recovery), Unaware Chansey, becomes the much less bulky Unaware Blissey; of those only Cresselia runs PHYSICAL bulk anyways.

All of your suggestions are physical completely...
Yeah, I am that traumatic against Unaware walls, especially in AU and Inheritance both of which are very cancerous (moreso in AU). Anyway, I forgot to post possibly the #1 mon that I will use because it will ignore Prankster burns, Magic Bounce and Unaware mons.

Thundurus @ Oran Berry
Ability: Prankster + Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Speed
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice/Focus Blast

Prankster + Mold Breaker Taunt makes any attempt to status, recovery or set up useless, and it can't be Bounced and it ignores other Prankster users because this thing is possibly the fastest natural Prankster user you'll find (unless you use Whimsicott with max speed). Electric typing means it will not be useless against Gale Wings or Aerilate mons.

Another thing that can break mindless status stall

Excadrill @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Mold Breaker + Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide/Rapid Spin/Filler/Stealth Rocks

Basically gives you a free Sd on most stall mons.After +2 ada excadrill hits hard as hel.Pair it with a hazard stacking team and bye stall.
With magic bounce skarm cant whirlind out exca and just set up to +6 and 2hkos with iron head.

some things that I've been thinking about today are magician and embargo. Magician turned out to not be as promising due to it..
- Being limited to hoopa normal form, fennekin's line, etc (Generally not very good pokemon)
- pretty unreliable how strong you'll become IF you manage to pull it off, some abilities may turn out useless for you
EG, Delphox steals Manaphy's Primordial Sea on the switch-in, GG your mon is useless

But embargo, however..
+

These two pokemon are amongst the few that get the combination of Prankster and Embargo. There are some more but they're outclassed / bad (Regular Tornadus, Liepard, Banette etc.) They have the ability to neutralize the enemy's secondary ability near instantly. Thundy can do this the fastest and Mega Sableye can now continue to stall / stallbreak without having to worry about pesky Teravolt mons. Not sure how good this could be but something to consider for those hell-bent on destroying stall

Sobi

Banned deucer.
This is a really interesting meta! There are an endless amount of ability combos you can try, and that's what is really appealing. One set I've been playing around with is this Scizor one:

Scizor @ Lagging Tail (Flash Fire) / Old Amber (Thick Fat)
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Bug Bite

so Scizor is a great Pokemon, but it's matchup against fire-types is kinda poor. well thanks to lagging tail and old amber, scizor takes no damage and little damage respectively from fire-type moves, meaning it can switch into them very easily, and start to set up. with thick fat, it can also counter pokemon like starmie because it carries ice-types coverage, but the preferred has to be flash fire, because it grants an immunity to fire moves, instead of lowering the power of them. whilst there's no benefit from the spa boost, scizor's fire immunity is more than enough.

Another set I came across was this Gyarados one:

Gyarados @ Repeat Ball (Volt Absorb)
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Earthquake

gyarados's 4x weakness to electric is kinda glaring because it loses to a lot of pokemon that carry moves like thunderbolt, discharge, etc. with repeat ball, it is now immune to electric type moves, and can instead take electric types on with ease, OHKOing them with EQ. now that it has volt absorb, its only weakness is to rock, and it can pretty much take 'em on with Earthquake and Waterfall, so they're not a big problem. moxie is a useful ability if you manage to get a kill because the attack boost makes a big difference, but intimidate handles physical attackers well.

bp scrub

rub a dub dub one scrub in a tub
Gengar @ Burn Drive (Normalize)
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Sableye @ Burn Drive (Normalize)
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Trick
- Recover
- Foul Play
- Will-O-Wisp

Froslass (F) @ Burn Drive (Normalize)
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Switcheroo
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Ice Beam

disables 3 of your opponent's non mega offensive Pokemon.

Sableye in particular can come in on any setup sweeper without priority and make it useless for the rest of the match.

This is a really interesting meta! There are an endless amount of ability combos you can try, and that's what is really appealing. One set I've been playing around with is this Scizor one:

Scizor @ Lagging Tail (Flash Fire) / Old Amber (Thick Fat)
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Bug Bite

so Scizor is a great Pokemon, but it's matchup against fire-types is kinda poor. well thanks to lagging tail and old amber, scizor takes no damage and little damage respectively from fire-type moves, meaning it can switch into them very easily, and start to set up. with thick fat, it can also counter pokemon like starmie because it carries ice-types coverage, but the preferred has to be flash fire, because it grants an immunity to fire moves, instead of lowering the power of them. whilst there's no benefit from the spa boost, scizor's fire immunity is more than enough.

Another set I came across was this Gyarados one:

Gyarados @ Repeat Ball (Volt Absorb)
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Earthquake

gyarados's 4x weakness to electric is kinda glaring because it loses to a lot of pokemon that carry moves like thunderbolt, discharge, etc. with repeat ball, it is now immune to electric type moves, and can instead take electric types on with ease, OHKOing them with EQ. now that it has volt absorb, its only weakness is to rock, and it can pretty much take 'em on with Earthquake and Waterfall, so they're not a big problem. moxie is a useful ability if you manage to get a kill because the attack boost makes a big difference, but intimidate handles physical attackers well.
Scizor already resists Ice, so there's no point in giving it another Ice resist on top of that. Even with Thick Fat, it's still dying to Fire STABs because it's still a 2x weakness. Ice-types will switch out for fear of Bullet Punch anyways, and anything using Ice as coverage is going to have a STAB move that hits Scizor neutrally anyways (save for non-Tinted Lens Kyub). Oh, and Flash Fire grants WoW immunity.

With Scizor's typing, another option is to run a defensive set with Roost+U-Turn+Bullet Punch+other since it'll get lots of switch-in opportunities and can pivot out.

Gengar @ Burn Drive (Normalize)
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Sableye @ Burn Drive (Normalize)
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Trick
- Recover
- Foul Play
- Will-O-Wisp

Froslass (F) @ Burn Drive (Normalize)
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Switcheroo
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Ice Beam

disables 3 of your opponent's non mega offensive Pokemon.

Sableye in particular can come in on any setup sweeper without priority and make it useless for the rest of the match.
Welp, time to start running Fling/Trick on all of my sweepers, or perhaps Pursuit Mega Banette. Or uhhhhh Sticky Hold? Really though is there any otherise-viable counterplay?

Scizor already resists Ice, so there's no point in giving it another Ice resist on top of that. Even with Thick Fat, it's still dying to Fire STABs because it's still a 2x weakness. Ice-types will switch out for fear of Bullet Punch anyways, and anything using Ice as coverage is going to have a STAB move that hits Scizor neutrally anyways (save for non-Tinted Lens Kyub). Oh, and Flash Fire grants WoW immunity.

With Scizor's typing, another option is to run a defensive set with Roost+U-Turn+Bullet Punch+other since it'll get lots of switch-in opportunities and can pivot out.

Welp, time to start running Fling/Trick on all of my sweepers, or perhaps Pursuit Mega Banette. Or uhhhhh Sticky Hold? Really though is there any otherise-viable counterplay?
Well, megas :)
Also Klutz*, hidden power, another negative ability, scrappy*, Ate's*, and taunt from faster things like Thundurus.
*as your normal ability

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level

Outspeed and OHKO?

edit: obviously this doesn't work for sableye but for gengar/froslass you only need smth faster than base 110s, which there are a lot of, and set up sweepers that boost speed should usually aim for that benchmark anyway

Another thing that can break mindless status stall.
Honestly I doubt status stall will be a thing in this meta. Hydration Manaphy is IMMUNE to status as long as it's raining and with Tail Glow is a decent sweeper, Unaware walls can somewhat call it (4HKO on Cresselia) but then they can't do much back because of the status immunity.

Honestly I doubt status stall will be a thing in this meta. Hydration Manaphy is IMMUNE to status as long as it's raining and with Tail Glow is a decent sweeper, Unaware walls can somewhat call it (4HKO on Cresselia) but then they can't do much back because of the status immunity.
Yeah true but we dont know. Basically were just trying to predict the meta

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
otherwise, this post looks good. the best combination for Hydration + Primordial Sea is probably Manaphy as it gives an already good set (the Tail Glow sweeper set) some extra durability thanks to Hydration Rest, as well as extra power backing up its STAB move of choice.
I'm surprised nobody is up on Motor Drive Manaphy, an AAA Staple for offense that did extremely well against balanced offensive builds, which will likely be common here as well. Getting a free +1 on the many electrics that will be running around is really nice, and being immune to Thundy's Twave further helps its offensive matchup. Thundy will likely be very common in this meta, now that I think about it.

Honestly many generic sweepers adding Mold Breaker can really decimate stall. Especially because stall can't spam 6 regens, we won't see recover regirock and the like running around, so there isn't a massive bulk creep like there normally is. Unaware mons don't get many compliments either, so Unaware Cresselia can't slap another ability over itself. Things like AdaptSharp and AdaptKeld are all offense really needs to give stall teams a hard time, and a mold breaker sweeper can easily break right through most builds that attempt to use catch-all unaware users to wall uncommon sweepers.

Thank you to Sobi for a beautiful banner!

thFAg4Q.png

I'm surprised nobody is up on Motor Drive Manaphy, an AAA Staple for offense that did extremely well against balanced offensive builds, which will likely be common here as well. Getting a free +1 on the many electrics that will be running around is really nice, and being immune to Thundy's Twave further helps its offensive matchup. Thundy will likely be very common in this meta, now that I think about it.

Honestly many generic sweepers adding Mold Breaker can really decimate stall. Especially because stall can't spam 6 regens, we won't see recover regirock and the like running around, so there isn't a massive bulk creep like there normally is. Unaware mons don't get many compliments either, so Unaware Cresselia can't slap another ability over itself. Things like AdaptSharp and AdaptKeld are all offense really needs to give stall teams a hard time, and a mold breaker sweeper can easily break right through most builds that attempt to use catch-all unaware users to wall uncommon sweepers.
Idk how Manaphy could afford not to run Primordial sea, 50% damage to Scald, immune to fire attacks, instant 100% recovery that cures status makes it excellent versus all playstyles

View attachment 61059

Idk how Manaphy could afford not to run Primordial sea, 50% damage to Scald, immune to fire attacks, instant 100% recovery that cures status makes it excellent versus all playstyles
It might want regular rain for its team, or mold breaker if unaware gets super common? Thats all I can think of, with the exception of serne grace scald.
Well, it might also have rain support, or want regenerator.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways

View attachment 61059

Im just pointing out that it beats thundy with Motor Drive, and the +1 speed with a tail glow is decimating vs offense. There's a reason Motor Drive is MUCH more common than primordial sea on offense in AAA. Manaphy already resists fire attacks anyways, and desolate land is still common in AAA, but Motor Drive ranks supreme. Surprise factor for people who dont expect MD when they dont see PSea is nice as well.

Im just pointing out that it beats thundy with Motor Drive, and the +1 speed with a tail glow is decimating vs offense. There's a reason Motor Drive is MUCH more common than primordial sea on offense in AAA. Manaphy already resists fire attacks anyways, and desolate land is still common in AAA, but Motor Drive ranks supreme. Surprise factor for people who dont expect MD when they dont see PSea is nice as well.
I think a chief difference is that here, Primordial Sea will stack with Hydration to let Manaphy reliably use Rest for instant recovery. Plus people have already talked about running Mold Breaker on stuff like Thundurus, which it won't even have to give up Prankster for, so immunity abilities are probably not quite as good here as in AAA. Not that Motor Drive is outclassed, but I'd much sooner use Primordial Sea for stallbreaking. Though honestly, I'd be loathe to theorymon anything stall-related because I have no idea what stall's gonna have to come up with to beat the bajillion stallbreakers that offense could pull out of its ass, so maybe Motor Drive is a better thing to start out with.

StaraptorThinking about item manipulation (breaking ability combos)

I'll lead with a couple questions:

1. How will fling work with Enchanted Items? (Like the normal item, refuse to be flung, unique base as they are a different item than normal?)
2. How will Bug Bite / Pluck work if the Enchanted Item target is a berry?

Here are a few OBVIOUS ability breakers:

Thief -
- Power 60 - Accuracy 100% - PP 40 - If the user has no item, it steals the target's. (Only works once unless the user can remove its item).
Covet -
- Power 60 - Accuracy 100% - PP 40 - If the user has no item, it steals the target's. (Only works once unless the user can remove its item).
[If Fling is Allow this will effectively be a two-turn Knock Off]

Scizor @ [No Item]
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
+ Atk / - SpA Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn / Bug Bite
- ( Superpower / Swords Dance / Roost / Bug Bite / Defog )
- Thief

Bisharp @ [No Item]
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
+ Atk / - SpA Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Thief
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Weavile @ [No Item]
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Thief
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- ( Pursuit / Low Kick / Poison Jab / Swords Dance )

Note: These are standard OU sets with Thief instead of Knock Off, since Knock Off is banned.

Blissey @ [No Item]
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
- Covet
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect

Other Potential Thief Users: (These are less attack oriented and won't be as strong with it):
- Diggersby, Skarmory, Staraptor, Talonflame, Thundurus, Thundurus-Therian, Tornadus-Therian, Gengar, Mew, Klefki [OU]
- Alakazam, Arcanine, Chandelure, Crobat, Darmanitan, Galvantula, Gardevoir, Gligar, Heracross, Honchkrow, Hydreigon, Krookodile, Machamp, Mandibuzz, Nidoking, Nidoqueen, Porygon-Z, Porygon2, Sableye, Slurpuff, Tentacruel, Toxicroak, Whimsicott [UU]
There are over 100 total Pokemon with Thief, but searching lower than UU is probably not worth it in this case, since it's not adding an ability to make the mon more viable.

Other Covet Users: (These include more bulky mons that make sense to use tricks with status stalling, etc.)"
- Azumarill, Clefable, Diancie, Keldeo, Klefki, Latias, Manaphy, Mew, Sylveon, Togekiss [OU]
- Arcanine, Empoleon, Espeon, Florges, Infernape, Roserade, Shaymin, Slurpuff, Snorlax, Umbreon, Vaporeon, Whimsicott [UU]

Trick -
- User switches its held item with the target's.
Switcheroo -
- User switches its held item with the target's.

Bad Items to consider tricking to foe.- Normal Choice (Choice Scarf, Flame/Toxic Orb, Assault Vest (Requires Klutz))
- Custap Berry (Color Change) - Lets you remove foe's STAB and control their weaknesses (IE they will always be weak to the second turn of Outrage).
- Iapapa Berry (Dry Skin) - Makes target weak to fire and makes it take (burn-tier damage) damage in harsh sunlight.
- Occa Berry (Heavy Metal) - Mostly useless, doubles low kick damage.
- Passho Berry (Hustle) - Somewhat risky; makes the foe inaccurate, but buffs their attack. Similar idea to using Swagger.
- Fairy Gem (Imposter) - Prevents the foe from knowing what's up and is a completely useless item once switched.
- Shell Bell (Light Metal) - Mostly useless, doubles heavy slam damage.
- Burn Drive (Normalize) - Forces all the target's moves to normal type. Making any Physical/Special moves NVE to Rock/Steel and No Effect on Ghost...and generally depreiving of coverage (or STAB).
- Soul Dew (Prankster) - Guarantees your Trick goes first; you have to hope it's useless to the foe.
- Claw Fossil (Slow Start) - Unless you have Klutz, the foe can see this one coming a mile away (Slow Start is an obvious status effect announced on switch in).
- But halves Attack and Speed for 5 turns; similar to 5 turns of Stall + Burn damage reduction (no Burn Damage).
- Electirizer (Stall) - Foe always moves last. (Same as normal Lagging Tail, but that doesn't exist in this meta).
- Pomeg Berry (Truant) - Foe moves every other turn; runs the risk of the foe knowing what you're about to do and using Protect.
- Skull Fossil (Weak Armour) - If you follow up with a multi-hit move their defense will be near zero by the end.

Trick Users - I'm not detailing EVs on these, since unless you're using the mon as 100% support you'll pick EVs based on the rest of the moveset.
- Celebi, Clefable, Gengar, Jirachi, Latias, Latios, Mew, Slowbro, Starmie, Togekiss, Victini [OU]
- Alakazam, Azelf, Chandelure, Cresselia, Espeon, Gardevoir, Metagross, Porygon-Z, Reuniclus, Sableye [UU]

Switcheroo Users - I'm not detailing EVs on these, since unless you're using the mon as 100% support you'll pick EVs based on the rest of the moveset.
-
Klefki [OU]
- Crawdaunt, Whimsicott [UU]

Magician - If this Pokemon has no item, it steals the item off a Pokemon it hits with an attack. (Upon hitting with AY move, steals the foe's item, allows more powerful moves to work like Thief.)
Potential Users
- Delphox, Hoopa, Klefki

I don't have any sets for this. Play Rough Klefki and A NORMAL Hoopa are the most obvious users; but neither looks that good.

Pickpocket - If this Pokemon has no item, it steals the item off a Pokemon making contact with it. (Upon being hit with the foe's contact move, steals the foe's item. Should be used on defensive pokemon.)
Potential Users
-Barbaracle, Shiftry, Weavile

Barbaracle is probably the only valid user (the others aren't defensive enough); even then Barbaracle is normally a Shell Smash Sweeper; not a defensive set, so I don't know if Pickpocket would work well (Unless you per se switch into a flying attack and steal Gale Wings off the user).

Last edited:
Sand seems really scary, especially with Excadrill:

Excadrill @ Pecha Berry (Sand Stream)
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin/Swords Dance

I know all too well the threat that is Sand Rush Excadrill, but combining its extreme power with automatic setup upon switch-in is nightmare fuel, and that would be an understatement. Building around Drill's threats is a lot easier when you aren't required to have a T-Tar or Hippo to set up for you. You do lose out on extra damage from LO, but I think the free setup us completely worth it. SD is an option if you want to make up for that. Weather is honestly broken in this metagame, but I like that.

I know I already made a post, but I'm going to put a few more idea onto the table

Gyarados @ Air Balloon (Aerilate)
Ability: Intimidate
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Frustration
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance

Reliable Flying-STAB is something Gyarados has been dying for since its release, and now its wish comes true! Water-Flying Dual-STAB is almost unresisted, the main counters being Mega-Amph, Rotom-W, and Lanturn. Even then, you won't be seeing Megas that often in this meta and Lanturn would be too niche to run on a team imo. This leaves Rotom-W as the one main counter, but if you get to +2, and the Rotom-switches in (on rocks or prior damage), this happens:

+2 252 Atk Aerilate Gyarados Frustration vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Rotom-W: 144-171 (47.5 - 56.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

So, no counters for a +2 Gyarados in this tier, fun.

Alakazam @ Armor Fossil (Sheer Force)
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball

I feel this one is pretty self-explanitory.

Crawdaunt @ Pinap Berry (Tough Claws)
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Crunch
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance

Another Water-type setup sweeper, except of getting x2 on its moves, it gets x3 because all of Crawdaunt's STABs are contact moves. Let's see what happens to Poliwrath, Crawdaunt's main counter:

+2 252 Atk Tough Claws Adaptability Crawdaunt Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Poliwrath: 184-217 (47.9 - 56.5%) -- 85.9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

welp, gg. Water-types OP

Victini @ Grip Claw (Desolate Land)
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- V-create
- Solar Beam
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn

Sun-boosted V-Create and free Solar Beams? Yes please.

Scizor @ Wacan Berry (Mold Breaker)
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Swords Dance

I've heard many of you complaining about Unaware, well throw a Wacan Berry onto any set-up sweeper and problem solved. I just chose Scizor because he's a common set-up sweeper, not because it is the best possible combo.

I could go on for a while, but I think I will leave it at that for now.

+2 252 Atk Aerilate Gyarados Frustration vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Rotom-W: 144-171 (47.5 - 56.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

+2 252 Atk Tough Claws Adaptability Crawdaunt Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Poliwrath: 184-217 (47.9 - 56.5%) -- 85.9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
Don't forget; they might not be able to switch in and survive to get a hit in...but both of those can OHKO those as revenge kills. :P

Don't forget; they might not be able to switch in and survive to get a hit in...but both of those can OHKO those as revenge kills. :P
Yeah, but with 5 extra mons, dealing with counters isn't as much of a problem for the mon itself. I'm just showing that at +2, they have no switch-ins. They are no longer counters, they are only checks.

So, no counters for a +2 Gyarados in this tier, fun.
so don't let it get to +2 then lol, it's not like gyarados gets swords dance
Alakazam @ Armor Fossil (Sheer Force)
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball

I feel this one is pretty self-explanitory.

Crawdaunt @ Pinap Berry (Tough Claws)
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Crunch
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance

Another Water-type setup sweeper, except of getting x2 on its moves, it gets x3 because all of Crawdaunt's STABs are contact moves. Let's see what happens to Poliwrath, Crawdaunt's main counter:

welp, gg. Water-types OP
252 SpA Sheer Force Alakazam Psychic vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 196-232 (57.4 - 68%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Alakazam Psychic vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 199-234 (58.3 - 68.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

The situation is the same for Crawdaunt. 30% boosts is the same. Those Crawdaunt calcs are replicated in standard. Crawdaunt never really had counters at +2, it just couldn't take hits or outspeed anything. So I guess avoiding Life Orb recoil is always cool, but that's not a power boost. Actually, Alakazam is better off using Life Orb over Sheer Force, as it already has Magic Guard and at least Life Orb lets it occasionally get those secondary effects.

If offense wants a power boost out of its ability compared to a Life Orb, it should be running Protean or Tinted Lens. Alakazam looks like a solid Protean user, having the combination of speed, power, and coverage that the role demands, on top of Magic Guard letting it last in the face of passive damage. Starmie and Latios also enjoy running special Protean sets, keeping up offensive pressure alongside hazard removal options while sporting great coverage. Kyurem-Black (or Kyurem-N, if -Black is banned) sports mixed offensive stats, a dangerously good movepool, and Teravolt (because fuck immunity abilities). And so on and so forth. Tinted Lens goes to things with raw offensive stats and STAB types that lack dual resists and immunities -- Kyurem-Black, again, stands out from the crowd.

Otherwise, offense can run defensively-oriented abilities to ward off status or make setting up easier. But I'm never going to get excited over using my item slot for Adaptability or Tough Claws or Sheer Force.

Yeah, but with 5 extra mons, dealing with counters isn't as much of a problem for the mon itself. I'm just showing that at +2, they have no switch-ins. They are no longer counters, they are only checks.
so don't let it get to +2 then lol, it's not like gyarados gets swords dance

252 SpA Sheer Force Alakazam Psychic vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 196-232 (57.4 - 68%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Alakazam Psychic vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 199-234 (58.3 - 68.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

The situation is the same for Crawdaunt. 30% boosts is the same. Those Crawdaunt calcs are replicated in standard. Crawdaunt never really had counters at +2, it just couldn't take hits or outspeed anything. So I guess avoiding Life Orb recoil is always cool, but that's not a power boost. Actually, Alakazam is better off using Life Orb over Sheer Force, as it already has Magic Guard and at least Life Orb lets it occasionally get those secondary effects.

If offense wants a power boost out of its ability compared to a Life Orb, it should be running Protean or Tinted Lens. Alakazam looks like a solid Protean user, having the combination of speed, power, and coverage that the role demands, on top of Magic Guard letting it last in the face of passive damage. Starmie and Latios also enjoy running special Protean sets, keeping up offensive pressure alongside hazard removal options while sporting great coverage. Kyurem-Black (or Kyurem-N, if -Black is banned) sports mixed offensive stats, a dangerously good movepool, and Teravolt (because fuck immunity abilities). And so on and so forth. Tinted Lens goes to things with raw offensive stats and STAB types that lack dual resists and immunities -- Kyurem-Black, again, stands out from the crowd.

Otherwise, offense can run defensively-oriented abilities to ward off status or make setting up easier. But I'm never going to get excited over using my item slot for Adaptability or Tough Claws or Sheer Force.
Basically what Akuemoy said, but Crawduant also got nerfed (no koff), mons can run defensive abilities (like multiscale, etc), and polywrath is a counter still, because it outspeeds and ohkos. Even Keldeo now counters at +2, admittedly not multiple times. Any decently bulky fighting/fairy type, or even just mons like hippowdon can slap on a water immunity and just wall it completely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)