Enchanted Items [Now Multibility]

I just realized... besides the slew of crazy abilities being passed around, Talonflame can regain back its former glory with Magic Guard. Prevents recoil from Brave Bird AND Stealth Rock damage, leaving it in a role as a very nice cleaner.
Also, this means we can safely unban Togekiss again, as Gale Wings is more situational.

Hmm... I will miss old Enchanted Items... But I thing new Multibility is much better than EI, allowing you to choose between all items OR all not banned extra abilities.

For some mons propably old sets will work great also on 7 gen, but with some nerf in play...
A lot of abilities are also for doubles, what we must have in mind...

Whait...
If we can replace just item by second ability... that means Trace can be fixed easier?
And how second ability works with Acrobatics? And some moves what remove or interact with item like Knock Off, or Thief? They are technicaly items, because they are in item slot, I'm correct?

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
How much of a boost Water Bubble + Adaptability under rain even is?
Well assuming we're counting Adaptability as 4/3 rather than 2x it would be

2(Water Bubble)*4/3(Adaptability)*1.5(rain)=4
And then with STAB that goes up to 6, if you want to count it that way (that's also what you get by counting Adaptability as a 2x boost).

If you actually meant Huge Power, relevant to Azumarill:

2(bubble)*2(huge power)*1.5(rain)=6 before STAB, 9 after.

Then if it Belly Drums it hits 36x. Okay.

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
Well assuming we're counting Adaptability as 4/3 rather than 2x it would be

2(Water Bubble)*4/3(Adaptability)*1.5(rain)=4
And then with STAB that goes up to 6, if you want to count it that way (that's also what you get by counting Adaptability as a 2x boost).

If you actually meant Huge Power, relevant to Azumarill:

2(bubble)*2(huge power)*1.5(rain)=6 before STAB, 9 after.

Then if it Belly Drums it hits 36x. Okay.
So it becomes stronger than standard tier Azumarill...
[AquaticPanic intensifies]

I'm sorry

lost heros

Meme Master
So I didn't play much of EI when it was OMotM, but I think these are a couple new powerful threats from Gen 7.

Pelipper
Ability: Drizzle
Item: Electric Terrain
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Roost
- Defog
- Toxic

Raichu-Alola
Ability: Surge Surfer
Item: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Electro Ball
- Psyshock
- Volt Switch
- Surf

While both Swift Swim and Surge Surfer may seem redundant it quadruples Raichu's speed so that Electro Ball should consistently be 150 BP in electric terrain. Pelipper is there to switch in off a Volt Switch and then Switch back out to Raichu.

Last edited:
So I didn't play much of EI when it was OMotM, but I think these are a couple new powerful threats from Gen 7.

Pelipper
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- Defog
- Toxic

Raichu-Alola
Ability: Surge Surfer
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Electro Ball
- Thunder
- Volt Switch
- Surf

While both Swift Swim and Surge Surfer may seem redundant it quadruples Raichu's speed so that Electro Ball should consistently be 150 BP in electric terrain. Pelipper is there to switch in off a Volt Switch and then Switch back out to Raichu.
were these supposed to have secondary abilities added at some point

Yes i fucked up
k cool

You're onto something though, weather ability + terrain ability should enable one mon like Pelipper to pack a lot of support in one package (Drizzle Tapu Koko also seems legit). I feel like stacking speed-doubling abilities on one mon is a little bit of a waste (even if you do get a 150bp electro ball), but something like Swift Swim Xurkitree could do this:

252+ SpA Xurkitree Thunder vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Blissey in Electric Terrain: 237-279 (36.4 - 42.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+3 252+ SpA Xurkitree Thunder vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Blissey in Electric Terrain: 586-690 (90 - 105.9%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO (assuming non-unaware)

... while still outspeeding everything up to and including +1 base-111s.

Other ideas:
  • Grass Pelt Tapu Bulu. Lets it take neutral physical hits as strong as banded Tyranitar's Stone Edge... without Def investment. To say nothing of how well it counters Ground-types.
  • Corrosion Sub+Toxic Kyurem-Black. Don't laugh, any stall that doesn't pack a Rest+Sleep Talk user or a Kyub-proof Regen core is going to hate absolutely unstoppable Toxics, and none of KyuB's best Steel-type counters are equipped to deal with it.
  • Psychic Surge on a fast Psychic-type.
  • Mimikyu + Prankster. WoW, T-Wave, Destiny Bond, Substitute... take your pick. It's a surprisingly flexible mon when it gets a free turn like that.
  • An immunity ability or Regenerator on Celesteela.
  • Wimp Out/Emergency Exit on a few Regenerator mons. Regenerators LOVE free switches. Equivalently, Regenerator Golisopod, which lets it take advantage of its great bulk and typing even before Emergency Exit triggers.
  • Stamina Espeon. Setting up with Calm Mind, and potentially Baton Passing the benefits away, should be easier and more rewarding with some Defense boosts from weaker physical moves.
  • Grassy Surge on Steel-types over Levitate so that they can check Mold Breaker Ground-types.
  • Electric Surge should stop Manaphy from healing up, and also force it out reliably. Finally some fucking counterplay for that thing. Also in the 'thank you Gamefreak' department: Gale Wings nerf. Bulky Flying resists are... slightly less mandatory now!
  • More later if I think about anything.

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
I decided to go throughand make some sets for some of the most interesting mons in gen 7, the Tapus.
Tapu Koko @ Galvanize
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Quick Attack
- U-turn
- Brave Bird

This abuses the 1.5x boost from Electric Terrain alongside the 1.2x boost from Galvanize to smack the things hard. Return is the nuke, Quick Attack is priority, U-Turn is for pivoting, and Brave Bird is to hit Grass types and because lol what other physical moves does Tapu Koko have.

+1 252 Atk Galvanize Tapu Koko Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 298-352 (87.3 - 103.2%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
+1 252 Atk Galvanize Tapu Koko Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 298-352 (87.3 - 103.2%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Tapu Koko combines this with a blazingly fast 130 speed. I got this idea from an EI BH set I made with the same combo of abilities on FakeSpeed Zekrom.

Tapu Bulu @ Mold Breaker (or a cooler varient)
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Horn Leech
- Swords Dance
- Substitute / Leech Seed / Superpower

This is a stallbreaker Tapu Bulu. Mold Breaker to go through Magic Bounce and Sap Sipper and stuff. I feel like there are better moves for the last slot, like coverage to hit idk, Heatran, Ferrothorn, those staples of stall, but idk what to put. Actually as I'm writing this I realized Superpower is probably the best choice to hit Steels and... well give neutral coverage ig.

Tapu Lele @ Prankster
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Moonblast / Rest
- Nature Power / Rest
- Focus Blast / Sleep Talk
- Calm Mind / Psych Up
The idea behind this is prankster Nature Power, giving you a powerful STAB priority attack. RestTalk would be my go to set here if Psychic Terrain didn't put a timer on it. The movepool besides Nature Power isn't great for Prankster. Psych Up is the only interesting looking option, but I'd usually run Calm Mind 3 attacks.

On second thought I REALLY didn't think this through but I'll leave it here because it's kind of hilarious how badly I messed this set up. Don't run Prankster + Psychic Terrain.

Tapu Lele @ Speed Boost
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 8 SpD / 252 spe (or whatever)
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast / Protect
- Calm Mind

Here's the good set. Or better. Speed boost + Psychic Terrain makes it difficult to revenge Lele.

Tapu Fini @ Prankster
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Nature Power
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
Is this the same set but Prankster Fairy type? Yes. Does this one actually work? Yes. Fairy is also better than Psychic, although Misty Terrain doesn't give you the 1.5x boost unfortunately. Seems fun.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)