Double Battle for Seattle [VGC Warstory]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations on your win Diesel. After reading about your experiences in the tournament, I'd love to start playing in the doubles metagame myself. However, Nintendo really should consider using singles format in at least one tournament, whether it be next year or in five years.

hey man, thanks so much for posting this - so glad to see cuddles do some good work :)

good luck in the next stage - hope to hear of his further exploits!

if he gets an awesome ribbon or something i want a copy! that would be more than enough payment for the trade ;)

Very nice, and I saw the battle video before I read the story, lol.

I gave you congrats at Skarm, but I don't recall seeing you there. So congrats. :D

Lechee - Thanks, nice meeting you.

Feathers - Yea his team was trash, that sucks. I was experiencing the terrible feeling of losing a battle solely on hax until I managed to turn it around against him. Good luck in the future. Do you remember his last two pokes btw? I completely forgot (as you can see).

DBR - You're just being lazy. You should have gone to Japan.

Bozo - Yea I'll see if he gets one and get back to you on that. Thanks again!

VashTheStampede - What's Skarm? (am I a noob?)

Everyone else - Thanks! :)

You are such a baller and these stories were great!

GL in St. Louis. I'm throwing 5 stars on and pushing for Archives easily
This made my day. :D

Did you see many other theme teams in Seattle? I know Trick Room proved effective, as shown in your story, but how did the Rain Dance, Sunny Day, Hail, and Sand teams fare?

This is one of the best recent warstories. Great job, Diesel!

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
For the senior division, they didn't ask my brother. However, he clearly looks old enough to be in the Senior division. If you're on the borderline, they might ask. You should be sure to bring ID just in case.

Weee, TPCi has made a summary (with pics) of Seattle. Apparantly Diesel nicknamed the Snorlax "Cuddles" instead of Bozo.

http://www.go-pokemon.com/op/news/articles/54.html
hehe cuddles was the original nickname - bozo was the breeder, not the pokemon ;)

i just watched the video - makes me so proud lol!! man... cuddles even got a mention on that website you posted ^^

but diesel, you got ripped off man..... hippowdon asleep for one more turn would have meant an easy victory for you i think.... then just to add insult, your hypnosis misses, and his hits.... ah..............

Good job Diesel. I hope there won't be anybody in the tournament with pokemon that just beat the first gym leader and take away a spot from someone who knows how to battle and trained a team. About your team, a strategy that would really ruin it that you have to watch out for in the future is a team like gyarados/ludicolo with taunt and fake out or say crobat/Infernape with taunt fake out because it would kind of mess up your team so you have to be prepared for it. Good luck at the next stage.

KB - Yea you weren't online on Sunday, I wanted to tell you. Thanks!

Adman - Well the team I faced was obviously both Trick Room and Sandstorm. I suspect the Zapdos/Ludicolo team would have used Rain Dance had I not gone with Trick Room.

TheFourthChaser - I'm guessing that's more important for the Junior Division. Not sure they really care if people try to sneak into the Seniors, lol. Although it would be stealing spaces from people, so if you look like you're 10 they'll probably check.

Bozo - Yea, but I also blew some opportunities, I would have been furious if I lost on luck alone. Same prize package though. :D

Metabou - Yea, I was praying I wouldn't see a Crobat or Fake Out + Taunt combo, and I didn't. I certainly don't expect to be so lucky in St. Louis, so I won't be using the same team there.

KB - Yea you weren't online on Sunday, I wanted to tell you. Thanks!

Adman - Well the team I faced was obviously both Trick Room and Sandstorm. I suspect the Zapdos/Ludicolo team would have used Rain Dance had I not gone with Trick Room.

TheFourthChaser - I'm guessing that's more important for the Junior Division. Not sure they really care if people try to sneak into the Seniors, lol. Although it would be stealing spaces from people, so if you look like you're 10 they'll probably check.

Bozo - Yea, but I also blew some opportunities, I would have been furious if I lost on luck alone. Same prize package though. :D

Metabou - Yea, I was praying I wouldn't see a Crobat or Fake Out + Taunt combo, and I didn't. I certainly don't expect to be so lucky in St. Louis, so I won't be using the same team there.
That's why Follow Me > Dark Void on your Smeargle by FAR!

I was discussing this with PBB the other day, Pablo. I think both have their merits. You'll have to explain your reasoning to me on this via IRC or something.

Very nice battle, and congratulations for coming second- basically the same as winning.

I'm doing the London one on the 30th and am really dreading either not getting in (thankfully Pokémon isn't popular in the UK) or coming against a Crobat/Aerodactyl paired with fake out. I'm running a shiny "heavy rain" team (gravity and rain :D) of Dusknoir/Qwilfish/Kingdra/Toxicroak which should be pretty good.
Though I'm seriously considering using a Jolteon instead of Dusknoir and dropping the gravity.
^Scrap that; I just perfected my team. Ohhhh boy. I'm gonna take London by storm. Hopefully. My team counters every Trick Room variation I'm aware of.

Excellent job Diesel ;). It was fun to read about how your day led up to the battles, and also how your team fared in the battles (awesome team strategy btw). I actually thought you were going to win when watching the video, all the way until you got haxed >.<. That had to of made you cringe.

Very much looking forward to the next segment of the tournament. :D

Seems like trick room teams are the powerhouses of tournaments. I've seen some Pokemon tournament battles and I believe it was either trick room or Rain dance (From what I've seen) that makes it.

Thanks everyone!

Amazing Aaron - What's great about Trick Room is that it's somewhat of a trump card in terms of speed because it tops Rain Dance, Sunny Day, Tailwind, Scarfs, etc. If you can stop it from getting up, however, it can collapse on itself.

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
For the senior division, they didn't ask my brother. However, he clearly looks old enough to be in the Senior division. If you're on the borderline, they might ask. You should be sure to bring ID just in case.
Well I think I'm good then, how many 10 year olds are 5'10? But I'm still kinda nervous and stuff so here comes another question :toast:,

What kind of teams did you(this questions goes to anyone that was there) see most? Trick Room, Rain Dance, Goodstuffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)