Diablo III

aamto

on whom the three Fates smile
if you want real money, make sure you have your account linked to a paypal at the time of auction. otherwise, it automatically goes to Blizzard dollars, which cannot be redeemed for cash (without the help of a friend).

made that mistake today and now have $78 in fake money sitting in my account.

Lucky! Is that solo farming or in a group? I've had totally shit luck with standard Cydaea/Azmo runs, which are intensely frustrating when playing solo and dealing with constant spear chucker elites, ugh. It's hard to say what the market is going to be like until commodities and gold trading opens... kinda hope they come out with an ETA on that soon. Also related but I'm a little disgusted that people would actually spend $250 on a single item... but taking advantage of other people's bad decisions is basically the backbone of the RMAH, I guess.
Mostly solo farming the 250 dollar item was an insanely good 2h bow with

1100 dps
100 int
100 vit
20% IAS
59% crit dmg
Socket

After i threw an emerald in that sucker it was pretty amazing. The constant 5-10 dollar with an occasional 20-30 is what i expect the bulk of my transactions to look like i just got lucky.

aamto

abandoned the DH (Tower of Sin was just too frustrating) and power leveled a Barb a while ago. currently in Act IV Inferno utilizing the 2H WrathQuake setup. pretty remarkable. patch 1.0.3 is supposed to drop tomorrow as well, with Inferno "nerfs" coming.

gene

(* ̄(エ) ̄*)
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
out of curiosity, what kind of stats do you have on your barb? i've been using wrathquake as well, and i'd love to go 2handed but i feel like i'd need a fuckload more resists/armor/health. (i also get fucked up by some of the act 3 mobs/elites pretty hard atm)

Hard to tell how the market will be long term but the first week has been good to me for 15 hours of "work" i got 5 million gold and this...

Interested to see how long the market holds water before the inevitable saturation point happens with items very rarely leaving the econmy
I am now somewhat sad I didn't give in and buy Diablo 3 to make some money :(

aamto

out of curiosity, what kind of stats do you have on your barb? i've been using wrathquake as well, and i'd love to go 2handed but i feel like i'd need a fuckload more resists/armor/health. (i also get fucked up by some of the act 3 mobs/elites pretty hard atm)

http://i.imgur.com/l8vKP.jpg?1

(War Cry and Enchantress buffs included)

build is: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WeTPRk!ZYb!cYbZbc

the 4 secondary skills are non-negotiable. Pop Wrath, try and get Fury x5, then EQ + Ignore Pain gives you 5 seconds of pure invulnerability (stand in Plague, Desecrator, and Molten patches if you want...at the same time). the good thing about this is that EQ can kill even if you die.

i have tried a bunch of different things in place of Seismic Slam, such as Revenge, Weapon Throw, Furious Charge, Leap, among others. i found that Seismic Slam gives me the best damage/CC ability, especially with the reduced Fury (a single War Cry allows two usages). use this against the white mobs and use it liberally -- most white mobs in Act III are fully capable of ganking you if they get on top.

Act III is two-faced for this build, i found. the first part (up to Glom in the Keeps) is very easy -- the enemies are not overwhelming in number and can be funneled and dealt with in small packs. elite types are easy to deal with and can be blown up rather handily with WrathQuake (and stragglers can be picked off with regular melee). however, from there to Siegebreaker is incredibly tough. i would advise specing Sprint and just ignoring most white mobs and mad dash your way to the boss. deal with the mobs that you have to but it's tough on a huge open field with 20-30 enemies coming at you at once (not to mention the evil Herald of Pestilence and Winged Moloks AI).

Tower of Sin is very easy; once again (although some elites, like Blood Occultists are an absolute pain in the ass) just blow them up with EQ + Wrath. the build is extremely reliant on CDs for elite kills but can handle white mobs easily in non open areas with Seismic Slam.

gene

(* ̄(エ) ̄*)
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
good to see a dps build work out. i have about the same resists, more armor and health, but it looks like i'd need way more strength and crit to actually clear elites before getting massacred.

aamto

good to see a dps build work out. i have about the same resists, more armor and health, but it looks like i'd need way more strength and crit to actually clear elites before getting massacred.
crit chance/damage is for regular attacking and dealing with white mobs. the only things that affect EQ damage are AS and weapon damage.

Ruthless and Weapon Master are great in that regard -- they provide huge damage boosts to either generic killing (via bonus crit chance) or elite killing (with a sword, via the 15% damage bonus). i have tried Tough as Nails in place of one of them (replace Ruthless if using a sword, Weapon Master if using an axe/mace) and noticed less (but not that much less) damage across the board.

as for gearing up, i make it comfortably through the Tower of Sin with this build. if you've got much more armor and HP, it's time to start swapping that out for +strength.

note that i haven't even tried Act IV yet, so this is strictly speaking Act III.

bojangles

IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
So I'm pretty much level 58 on my wizard in Act II Hell and I'm using this build:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#acRQOS!YXd!ccbYYZ

Pretty standard build but it works. I have about 25k health and 14k DPS with MW buff so I'm not having many problems with dpsing mobs, but I'm starting to actually have to kite elite mobs instead of just facetanking them.

I have about 1 mil in the bank and I'm wondering how I should go about preparing for Inferno. How much money will I need, what should I upgrade first, what's most economical, etc, are all kicking around in my mind so I was just wondering what the best way to go is.

As a side note, what is the method to power level? I really enjoy my wizard but every so often I do get a bit tired of repetition so it would be nice to try other classes at higher levels without playing through Normal (zzz).

So I'm pretty much level 58 on my wizard in Act II Hell and I'm using this build:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#acRQOS!YXd!ccbYYZ

Pretty standard build but it works. I have about 25k health and 14k DPS with MW buff so I'm not having many problems with dpsing mobs, but I'm starting to actually have to kite elite mobs instead of just facetanking them.

I have about 1 mil in the bank and I'm wondering how I should go about preparing for Inferno. How much money will I need, what should I upgrade first, what's most economical, etc, are all kicking around in my mind so I was just wondering what the best way to go is.

As a side note, what is the method to power level? I really enjoy my wizard but every so often I do get a bit tired of repetition so it would be nice to try other classes at higher levels without playing through Normal (zzz).
As far as starting levle inferno gear you can get very good gear for 50k or less per item should have no problem clearing act 1 inferno.

What kind of stats should I be getting to (dps, life, resist, etc)?
Depends entirely on how you want to play, Want to be a mega glass cannon who kills everything in his path but dies to a summer breeze go for it. In general most Wds i see think around 300 all resist with 30k-40k hp is enough defense so if you want to be a bit more tanky id start there and just play and see how it feels. Try to hit around 30k ish dmg i think as a wizard i think that is a good number.

Wow, when I checked the RMAH everything was going for a few dollars, max. Are some items really going in the hundreds? Well screw having a job, I'm doing this full-time.

bump

So the new patch came out and my friends and I just started playing this again. Got my Demon Hunter to level 55 now, finished Hell and am grinding for gold+exp. The auction house is so addictive ~.~ Though it's hard to find high-dps weapons with low amounts of money. I'm trying to build as much crit as possible with a bit of all-res and vit, because lightning bolt perma-stunning enemies is hilarious. And I love the christmas angel rune for shadow power (aka gloom). 65% damage reduction with 0cd? Free discipline on crits thanks to passive? so fun

I think overall the with doctor was improved the most, as it's pets scale hard with health now. Though the wizard now does absurd amounts of damage (1600% weapon damage on 1 skill wut), and all the classes got some improvements. Anyone else considering getting back into this?

ps they added this level system for after level 60 which gives free mf and stuff but imo it doesn't really change much unless you sink 1000s of hours into the game

Heh, I was actually debating bumping this myself asking the same question. I managed to clear inferno with a friend before the 1.0.3 nerfs but got bored of the game not long after that on my WD. The pet changes have been awesome, though I'm finding that pets (specifically zombie dogs with life leech) aren't THAT bulky in inferno act 3 and whimsyshire (my main farming areas). Though I suppose I'm not super tanky either, 45k health and 200-300 resists, but I haven't found a way to integrate the jungle fortitude talent (-20% damage for you and pets) because I consider spirit vessel and pierce the veil to be absolutely necessary and zombie handler to be a better talent for a pet build. Here's what I'm using if anyone is interested. I haven't tried out any of the different single target spells that aren't splinter darts since they had their animations sped up, anyone had any success with them?

Loving paragon levels despite them largely being an artificial grind that doesn't add much. It's a little sad how much they add to the game considering that fact, but I'm hoping they add something fun like uber Diablo before they do an expansion. I'm sitting at level 5 at the moment, I've got a few friends who are around 13-14 because they play demon hunters with 125k to 192k dps. Bloody nerds.

Edit: Also I still haven't been able to kill Cydaea since 1.0.3, with my relatively low dps (35k) I haven't been able to kill her before she goes up and releases all the spiderlings... and considering they still hit you before they even come out of the ground, I haven't been able to handle her at all. Any ranged classes been having similar issues? I know she's pretty easy for melee in general.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)