Charity + Video Games = Win

There is this thing called The Humble Indie Bundle: https://www.humblebundle.com

It supports charity, specifically Child's Play charity: www.childsplaycharity.org, a charity that provides games to children in hospitals, etc.

It also supports DRM free games, they can be shared with your friends or played many times without keys or codes. DRM free is the ideal that indie gamers want to reach. With Diablo 3 having to be online at all times to play the company can monitor the games use restricting it to only you, it also requires an internet connection, which is bs.

You can pay anything you want, but if you have $8.00 to spare then you can get 4 more games. With the donation comes the OST for each of the first 5 games, Bastion's is amazing I might add, so is Superbrother's.

The games they give you are awesome. The bundle is only available for 7 more days so give a dollar and you won't be sad.

[youtube]zwANFc7D1ac[/youtube]

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Humble Indie Bundle was always a good idea, but you'd have to be fucking insane to turn down this spread! I don't even really like Braid or Super Meat Boy, but they still make for a very ambitious bundle.

I hope I can get Valkyrie in this program in a few years.

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
this is like the best humble bundle ever, even better than the one that had Super Meat Boy and other stuff. theres no reason not to get it! aside from already havin all those games

Eiganjo

So who did buy all the stroopwafels?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
if anything, Amnesia: The Dark Descent is already worth it on its own. That game is great to play in the dark, with headphones and volume to full, atmosphere and horror at its best :)

I havent played any of the other ones, but Amnesia gets a big thumbs up from me :D cant wait for the sequel :)

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I went ahead and paid the $8 for the extra four games. I've heard good things about Sword & Sorcery, so I'm definitely interested in playing it. Although, my internet connection is really slow at the moment, so I might have to wait until I'm home again in a few days to actually DL most of the games.

Thanks for the heads up!

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
ugh i love buying the humble bundles but i already own limbo smb psychonauts and braid and the other ones i know im not going to play =(

The Humble Bundles are kinda old news by this point, but I will agree they are pretty nice. I'm upset with this bundle because I own pretty much all the games they're offering.

(This is worth getting for Bastion alone. Amazing game. Do not miss out)

The Humble Bundles are kinda old news by this point, but I will agree they are pretty nice. I'm upset with this bundle because I own pretty much all the games they're offering.

(This is worth getting for Bastion alone. Amazing game. Do not miss out)
Yah I thought that might be the case, I decided to post it because it upgraded to include the other games, which is totally super special awesome.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Amnesia ? It has fucking Amnesia ?

Gah, I would so buy that if I could =/

Also Limbo and Bastion.. good package is good.

this is like the best humble bundle ever, even better than the one that had Super Meat Boy and other stuff. theres no reason not to get it! aside from already havin all those games
Or being unable to run them on your awful laptop :(

Seriously, I would love to play Bastion in particular, but I can't afford a new laptop and my CPU falls just short of the minimum to run it. But this is such a good deal otherwise, though I'll steer clear of Amnesia. No like horror.

got them all for £3.50 or something stupid on the day it came out. Got a spare Bastion key since I have it already, but you should really pay yourself!

Just spent my $10. I have Braid but everything else is new to me. Don't know which to download first. The average price paid is up to $8.26 and about 490,000 bundles have been sold. That's a ton of money to charity since people probably used the default breakdown or the all to charity breakdown. (Who would give less than the default to charity?)

Royal Flush

in brazil rain
is a Past WCoP Champion
Amnesia alone is worth any amount you pay, seriously. For the extra four, give Super Meat Boy a try.
For those who already own one or two games included, I believe you get a tradable copy of it, so you can trade for other steam games or gift it to a friend.

Amnesia alone is worth any amount you pay, seriously. For the extra four, give Super Meat Boy a try.
For those who already own one or two games included, I believe you get a tradable copy of it, so you can trade for other steam games or gift it to a friend.
I didn't get a trade able copy when i bought it. I did get steam activation keys, if that's what you mean. They may become trade able after you activate them though.

This may be slightly off-topic, but did the icons for Lone Survivor and Super Meat Boy Editor properly appear on you guys' desktops after the games were downloaded off of Steam and installed?

This would be a fantastic deal if I didn't already own every game except Swocery and Lone Survivor. I might still throw in a little cash for Swocery + soundtracks though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)