CAP 14 CAP 3 - Part 7 - Secondary Ability Poll 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

breh

強いだね
No Competitive Ability

For the very reason the user above said,

the whole idea of CAP is to explore the metagame, not just randomly create OU-quality mons for the sake of adding mons to OU.
By making a Drought Pokemon that's better than Ninetales, we... pretty much "randomly create OU-quality mons". The concept of CAP3 is to make a poor typing good, not make a lackluster playstyle good.

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Regenerator

Regenerator might as well be a flavor ability compared to Dry Skin, but at least it will be more useful than whatever NCA we have the option to choose. I just don't want Drought to win.

No Competitive Ability
I'd hate how in the playtest, Dry Skin CAP3 becomes a liability with Drought CAP3 running around.

Also,
I feel like the non-Drought votes will be split because of Regenerator, and I'm questioning why Regenerator was slated when it seems to add little to the concept of making a "poor" typing a selling point. Just my two cents.
I'n not really "questioning". It just makes me sad.

Let's not forget how easy it is to be really good when you have a permanent weather ability.

No competitive Ability

No Competitive Ability

I feel like that we would be straying off the path that was given to use if we choose Drought since we aren't trying to make a weather mon with this concept so I think Drought would make it be only used as such and it wouldn't find its true potential.

Drought

Initially I was totally uncomfortable with Drought versus Dry Skin for flavour reasons - we'd have a damp-skinned Pokemon that both suffers under sunlight and at the same time can usher it in and benefits from it. Flavour-wise that's nonsense. I overcame that by looking at my art entry and thinking carefully about how that might ever be *plausible* on the same Pokemon, and came up with the idea that whichever art wins, its skin can absorb moisture from the air and bring on a localised drought. I'm now comfortable that several entries in the art thread could do this, and so vote for Drought.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Drought

Still not 100% liking the idea, but I dislike even more having only Dry Skin as its ability (too niche) and lol Regenerator. I would never expect it to be slated, but fine I guess

the problem I see with this poll is that the anti-drought people get split voted, causing drought to win. :(
This won't be a problem if the anti-Drought people are more than 50% of the voters, as Drought would then need to win a second poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)