CAP 14 CAP 3 - Part 6 - Stat Spread Poll 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rising_Dusk

I like that the spread maintains usability while kicking the obvious BST creep that is in full swing in the face.

Scoopapa
Steamroll
bugmaniacbob
Korski
Flareblitz
srk1214
Rising_Dusk

I am highly opposed to junk stats, especially with this CAP. Scoopapa's entry hits the mark for me because it makes for a very nice mixed offense. Something CAP can use to its advantage against specially-bulky Waters.

Scoopapa
Steamroll
bugmaniacbob

Alright, firstly: I've been lurking around Smogon and the CAP project for a while now. I've been playing Pokemon since Yellow first came out, and I've recently started dabbling in competitive Pokemon. I'm mostly here for CAP, I'm hoping to learn from you guys, and I hope my input will prove useful in some manor.

Now, on to the nitty gritty.

Scoopapa's stats seem to fit the Fire/Poison type best, and I like the offensive power it brings to the table, without sacrificing to much bulk. In particular, I like that the Attack stat isn't just thrown away; depending on what moves this thing gets down the line, 90 Base Attack could prove useful against certain Pokemon, and provide it with just enough unpredictability to keep people guessing, which is always a good thing. On the other hand, it probably wouldn't be enough to dismantle anything, meaning at the end of the day CAP3 will always be a Specially offensive Pokemon.

I chose Steamrolls set for many of the same reasons as Scoopapa's. The main difference for me was the underutilized Attack. It's a minor thing, but I think it could make CAP3 a bit to predictable; irregardless of the actual moves it would receive, there would be a high likelihood of it being a purely Special tank, and while this isn't by any means bad, I feel like Poison/Fire has more to offer than just sponging Special moves then returning fire (Yes, pun was intended.)

As for Bugmaniacbob, I feel like to much is done with the Attack stat; while I would personally love to have a Poison/Fire type with 120/110 Atk/Sp.Atk, I think competitively speaking it's a bit to good to be true. Maybe this is my competitive naivete speaking, but that seems like something that could, if executed properly, eviscerate other teams without a lot to stop it. Even with it's poor speed, it's bulk would let it soak up hits from a lot of faster Pokemon, Dry Skin would heal it, and it could smash things with either STAB move and any coverage moves it gets.

Don't get me wrong-I like the set, which is why I'm voting for it, but I feel like if it does get chosen we'll need to be careful how we handle it.

bugmaniacbob
Scoopapa

Oh hey, finals mean I completely missed the stat limit discussion and spread submission windows. >:( It's a pity Asylum_Rhapsody's spread wasn't slated, but these are the closest to what I'd like to see.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
C-C-C-C-Closing time.

Array
(
[srk] => 6
[steamroll] => 7
[flareblitz] => 9
[bugmaniacbob] => 10
[scoopapa] => 13
[korski] => 22
[risingdusk] => 30
)

Array
(
[steamroll] => 7
[flareblitz] => 9
[bugmaniacbob] => 10
[scoopapa] => 13
[korski] => 27
[risingdusk] => 31
)

Array
(
[bugmaniacbob] => 10
[flareblitz] => 10
[scoopapa] => 13
[korski] => 28
[risingdusk] => 35
)

Array
(
[scoopapa] => 17
[korski] => 29
[risingdusk] => 45
)

Array
(
[korski] => 35
[risingdusk] => 48
)

I'll leave the final three to duke it out. Rising_Dusk, Korski, and Scoopapa advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)