Starburst (Salazzle) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Corrosion
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Toxic
- Protect
- Flamethrower
- Substitute

Salazzle is 1 of 4 Scizor checks/counters on the team to support Sylveon and Hydreigon. Otherwise, it's the main annoyance and star of the team. Corrosion Toxic allows for the crippling of major threats in the meta, such as Muk-Alola, Aggron, and Klefki that normal Toxic spreaders usually can't poison. It can also punish poison types that like to trample Toxic Spikes from Tentacruel. Protect + Substitute + Black Sludge mean that Salazzle can almost permanently stall most threats. Flamethrower is mainly for chip and to decimate Scizor.
Hydreigon.png

Darker Yet Darker (Hydreigon) (M) @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Dark Pulse
- Roost
- Draco Meteor

Hydreigon's great resistances and ampleness to counter psychics that feast on Salazzle gains it a spot on the team. Taunt, though used scarcely, is useful against denying rocks against mons such as Hippowdon, Gligar, and Aggron. Roost is to allow Hydreigon to not worry as much about Sneaky Pebbles and chip damage without the help of Sylveon's Wish. Dark Pulse is good stab and chunks against non-invested walls. I chose Dragonium Z Draco Meteor over Life Orb for the instant damage nuke and because I don't have another Z Move on the team.
Steelix.png

Deep (Steelix) (M) @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Roar

Scizor Check #2 (just physical check tbh). I chose Mega-Steelix over Mega-Aggron mainly as a ground immunity, but Steelix also punishes Hippowdon's own sand with Sand Force. Stealth Rock is always good for residual pressure. Roar is for chipping with Stealth Rocks and poisoning with TSpikes, and phazing also helps against set-up sweepers not named Suicune. Gyro Ball and Earthquake fit the bulky offensive play style that Steelix has.
sylveon.gif

Girl She Cute! (Sylveon) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Cute Charm
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

The obligatory cleric of the team. The fairy typing helps round out the Dragon-Fairy-Steel core that this team has. Wish-Protecc for self healing, team healing. and scouting. Heal Bell is mostly just for Hydreigon, seeing how it is extremely prone to drawing out Toxic. Moonblast over Hyper Voice for Kommo-o's Soundproof, plus, I just think Cute Charm works wonders both aesthetically and for winning usually unwinnable matchups.
suicune.png

Kiev (Suicune) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald

Classic CroCune! This bad boy usually wins after threats such as electric types, grass types, and set-up sweepers are eliminated. It also works as a pivot into Scizor, making it Scizor check #3. I'm guessing most know what CroCune does, but to put it simply: PP Stall with Pressure, become unkillable with instant recovery and Calm Mind, and win.
tentacruel.gif

50º Below (Tentacruel) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Timid Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb

Last, and unfortunately least, Tentacruel. This is the final Scizor check as well as the hazard control of the team. 144 Speed allows Tentacruel to reach an important speed tier with Max HP and 112 Defense to maximize bulk. TSpikes gives this team even more pressure as well as giving additional synergy to Steelix's Roar. Scald and Sludge Bomb are for stab and additional status. Clear Body allows for the absorption of Mementos and Parting shots, as well as not having to worry about stat lowering hax. Overall, my least passionate Pokemon on the team and could be easily replaceable with another member.

Final Focus:
I don't usually use stall-y strategies, but I found it surprisingly fun to play around with this team. Note, I am not the best player, nor do I have the most extensive knowledge of the game, I do hope some people will be able to enjoy it. Also, it wouldn't be bad to get a little bit of pointers . : ]

The 2 Replays I remembered to save:
Against Dysforia
Against efijadfkjsdfml

Importable:
Timid Nature
- Toxic
- Protect
- Flamethrower
- Substitute

Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Dark Pulse
- Roost
- Draco Meteor

Deep (Steelix) (M) @ Steelixite
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Roar

Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald

EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Timid Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb

I honestly really like this squad you have here and it looks really solid. Salazzle is definitely a very interesting Pokemon that isn't too bad in this current metagame. The main glaring issues I see is your current weakness to Zeraora and ground types in general as you are solely reliant on Hydreigon.

Major Changes:

gligar.png
- I decided to swap out Tentacruel for Gligar as the team didn't seem like it revolved around toxic spikes. Gligar gives you that secondary ground immunity and works very well with Hydreigon which switches into Krookodile Knock Off. Gligar acts as your form of hazard removal and I opted for U-turn to gain momentum against the water types that try to take advantage of your passivity. Gligar is an amazing answer to Cobalion, Infernape, Zeraora (Look out for Knock Off sets tho as can be annoying to lose eviolite) and to an extent Terrakion. The 29 Ivs make you slower than other Gligar and gain momentum with U-turn switch advantage.

aggron-mega.png
- So with Gligar added I went for Mega Aggron instead to serve as a more solid physical answer to Scizor and Bisharp etc. You still maintain your answer to Latias though be wary of any Electrium-Z sets. The set is very standard Fire Punch so Scizor can't set up on you and Toxic to punish Latias and other switch-in.

Optional Change:

- Roar over Toxic on Aggron can be worth the try to phase out things like Latias and Scizor or any other set-up sweepers.

Timid Nature
- Toxic
- Protect
- Flamethrower
- Substitute

Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Dark Pulse
- Roost
- Draco Meteor

Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Fire Punch
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 29 Spe
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Overall really solid team and I'd probably try using it out myself on the ladder. I hope you like the changes and if you have any questions feel free to ask ^_^

Hey there man. First of all I think that's a really cool team you got there. Steelix-Mega + Sylveon + Tentacruel + Hydreigon is well known and effective core. However, I think we can make the team better by changing some of your sets because your team kinda struggles vs threats like Nasty Plot Dazzling Gleam Celebi, SD Terrakion or SD Quick Attack Scizor.

Minor changes :

• Firstable, I would change your set on Salazzle for its Nasty Plot one and I will opt for Choice Scarf Hydreigon which gives you a better match-up vs Celebi and non-Rock Polish Terrrakion. It also brings to the team Momentum thanks to U-Turn. Your spread on Steelix-Mega isn't the best, also I think that Curse over Roar could be interesting. Since you have Toxic Spikes on Tentacruel, I think that Sub+Protect VinCune would fit well on the team. Suicune is a better Pokémon than Salazzle with Sub+Protect thanks to its ability Pressure which allows it to PP Stall some Pokemon like CM Slowbro-Mega or Terrakion thanks to Protect (it's also a good way to scout Pokemon which have Choice Band/Scarf/Specs). Finally, I don't think your Tentacruel need that much Speed. I also think that Haze would be better than Sludge Bomb because it allows Tentaruel to be a really solid check to VinCune and SD Scizor.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Starburst (Salazzle) @ Poisonium Z
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 24 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Protect / Substitute / Hidden Power [Grass]
- Sludge Wave
- Fire Blast

Darker Yet Darker (Hydreigon) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast

Deep (Steelix-Mega) (M) @ Steelixite
EVs: 248 HP / 20 Atk / 240 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Curse
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake

Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

EVs: 252 HP / 40 SpD / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Protect
- Calm Mind
- Scald

EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze
- Scald

• 24 EVs in Defense allows Salazzle to take 2 Bullet Punch from Choice Band Scizor. Protect is useful to scout opponent's Pokémon but you can opt for Substitute because Salazzle forces Switch on your opponent's part. Hidden Power [Grass] can be interesting vs Stall team because it allows Salazzle to hit Quagsire.
• Since the team can struggle vs some variants of CM Latias, SpD Steelix-Mega is a really good way to check it. Thanks to Sylveon's Wish, Steelix-Mega can deal with Latias during the whole match. 20 EVs in Attack allow Steelix-Mega to OHKO Hydreigon after a Curse. You can also opt for a more offensive spread.
• VinCune and Tentacruel paired well together. Tentacruel's spread allows it to outspeed Timid Primarina and Jolly Bewear while maximizing its physical Bulk. Haze is really important because it allows Tentacruel to deal with some set-up Sweeper like Scizor and Suicune.

Steelix-Mega (M) @ Steelixite
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Atk / 52 SpD
Brave Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Curse
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake

Last edited:

Dumb Sir

Banned deucer.
I honestly really like this squad you have here and it looks really solid. Salazzle is definitely a very interesting Pokemon that isn't too bad in this current metagame. The main glaring issues I see is your current weakness to Zeraora and ground types in general as you are solely reliant on Hydreigon.

Major Changes:

View attachment 147981- I decided to swap out Tentacruel for Gligar as the team didn't seem like it revolved around toxic spikes. Gligar gives you that secondary ground immunity and works very well with Hydreigon which switches into Krookodile Knock Off. Gligar acts as your form of hazard removal and I opted for U-turn to gain momentum against the water types that try to take advantage of your passivity. Gligar is an amazing answer to Cobalion, Infernape, Zeraora (Look out for Knock Off sets tho as can be annoying to lose eviolite) and to an extent Terrakion. The 29 Ivs make you slower than other Gligar and gain momentum with U-turn switch advantage.

View attachment 147980- So with Gligar added I went for Mega Aggron instead to serve as a more solid physical answer to Scizor and Bisharp etc. You still maintain your answer to Latias though be wary of any Electrium-Z sets. The set is very standard Fire Punch so Scizor can't set up on you and Toxic to punish Latias and other switch-in.

Optional Change:

- Roar over Toxic on Aggron can be worth the try to phase out things like Latias and Scizor or any other set-up sweepers.

Timid Nature
- Toxic
- Protect
- Flamethrower
- Substitute

Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Dark Pulse
- Roost
- Draco Meteor

Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Fire Punch
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 29 Spe
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Overall really solid team and I'd probably try using it out myself on the ladder. I hope you like the changes and if you have any questions feel free to ask ^_^
I had actually considered putting Gligar on the team instead of Tentacruel, but Primarina terrifies me, so I decided against it. Seeing it from another perspective, however, it is better to have Aggron take up the role as a Primarina switch-in , especially with SpDef investment. I really like these changes and I'll probably incorperate them into the team at some point. Thanks! :D

Gligar.gif

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The team, overall, looked pretty complete, so the changes I made weren't that big, but I feel like they improve the team's overall efficiency.
  • I replaced Assault Vest Tsareena > Tentacruel. The Tentacruel slot felt really inefficient because the team already has means of absorbing Toxic Spikes, means of stopping Scizor, and the role of a bulky Water-type. Toxic Spikes felt a bit unnecessary here too, considering Salazzle already spreads Toxic pretty reliably and more efficiently. Tsareena appreciates the ability of the other members to beat Steel-types. It also checks Water-types like Primarina, which the team doesn't really appreciate at this point. Assault Vest allows it to pivot around Special Attackers like Latias and Primarina more reliably, especially with Wish support from Sylveon, and bring in teammates safely, as it lures in Steel-types which the team handles pretty well.
  • I changed Mega Steelix's set to Offensive Stealth Rock because the team really appreciates the immediate power to check Latias more reliably. Wish support from Sylveon sort of patches the loss in bulk, anyway. Either way, the defensive spread also works here, I just personally like the offensive one better.
  • Lastly, because I felt like the team struggles to beat set-up sweepers to an extent, I replaced Roar > Sleep Talk on Suicune, so Pokemon like Togekiss and Substitute Moltres would have a harder time setting up.

Salazzle @ Black Sludge
Timid Nature
- Toxic
- Protect
- Flamethrower
- Substitute

Hydreigon (M) @ Dragonium Z
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Dark Pulse
- Roost
- Draco Meteor

Steelix @ Steelixite
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Atk / 48 SpD
Brave Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Curse

Sylveon (F) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Suicune @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald

Tsareena @ Assault Vest
Ability: Queenly Majesty
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Power Whip
- Rapid Spin
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn

I hope that the rate helped; feel free to leave any question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)