Avatar and Signature Commentary/Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Smogon administration recently decided to remove the restrictions on Avatars and Signatures for general Smogon membership. You can see the announcement here. I just finished removing all the restrictions, so it's in the members hands now!

Since I think some people may be interested in getting feedback for possible new avatar and signature images, I thought we could use this thread as a place for a "trial run" of your potential avatar or signature and get feedback from fellow Smogoners. Just post what you plan to use here, and see what others think.

I wonder if this is really a good idea. I like how we can now use animated avatars if we want to, but I am expecting a big rise in huge avatars that take up half of the page. Still, we'll see how that turns out.

Yeah I don't think this is a good idea buuut whatever, not my call.

Knew exactly what I wanted to put in my sig if I ever got priviledges, so I guess I'll use this post a test.

DougJustDoug

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Members need to use their best judgement on what is "too big" or not. Smogon has age minimums on membership, so I think we're safe in assuming that most users will handle this capability in a mature and responsible way. If anyone is out there thinking of using this to annoy others, please don't. We want the forum to look nice and presentable.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Some warning on what avatar sizes will really strech the screen might be a good idea.

EDIT: This should be a good thread to infract all the crazies

glad everyone's being really responsible and mature about this~

also liking how the the posts are now really jagged on the page~~~

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Honestly avatars won't be a big deal once the few mods trying to prove a point get bored.

But have you ever been to a website with banner sigs? They get ugly as sin.

DougJustDoug

Ginku, that looks terrible. At that size, you really should use a higher res picture of Golbat. Pixel images expanded that large are a bit obnoxious. Get a good Golbat pic online, and you're good to go.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
I think some of these avatars are already way out of hand. Especially from some of the badged members. There should still be a dimension limit IMO. Bigger than it was but it shouldn't stretch out any part of the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)