3v3 and Battle Frontier

Is there any discussion of 3v3? It's mainly of interest because that's how the Battle Frontier mostly works, but perhaps it could provide an alternative metagame?

This would be interesting, or maybe 4 vs 4 for double battles.

People could put their battle tower teams to the test

I don't think a 3v3 metagame would be much interesting. With so few room for choices and strategy, it would be all about team match-ups. Quite boring if you ask me.

However, additional stuff on the Battle Frontier is fine, and I think something about it is already implemented in the in-game section of Smogon

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
Well there is this thread about the battle frontier, and there was a thread about the vgc metagame but I can't see it in stark anymore.

I don't think a 3v3 metagame would be much interesting. With so few room for choices and strategy, it would be all about team match-ups. Quite boring if you ask me.

However, additional stuff on the Battle Frontier is fine, and I think something about it is already implemented in the in-game section of Smogon
Don't knock it until you try it. I host regular real life meet ups with 10-15 people showing up every week/fortnight and that is the format we play because of tournament rules. All the members actually prefer this over 6v6. It is a good idea to actually open up to new ideas instead of knocking them down. Perhaps this is why you guys always scramble in a hurry with up coming tournaments because you arnt prepared for 3v3, 4v4.

Gah. Yes there is that thread. The title made me think it would just be records and warstories, not analysis.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)