Ability: Klutz
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Brave Nature
- High Horsepower
- Heavy Slam
- Poltergeist
- Trick
Golurk is the only fully evolved mon in SV with klutz, the other being baby mons. I first wanted to try out a flame orb set with hex, though I thought it wouldn't do well. There is Rotom heat, chandelure and delphox that can do this set and gholdengo, bronzong, glowking, gengar and munkidori with toxic orb if you want to try it out. I then decided on eject button, though red card could be interesting as well. This allows you to hit a mon with poltergeist super hard and switch them out. Sadly, knock off doesn't work this way. Rest of the moves are standard to hit other types. Golurk I find interesting as it is so close to being top tier, three immunites is amazing but like drifblim, they "balance" them.
For additional heat, Shadow Sneak could be fun to force out a set-up sweeper after they have been tricked

For additional heat, Shadow Sneak could be fun to force out a set-up sweeper after they have been tricked
I actually didn't think about that. I'd probably swap it out in the place of heavy slam. You don't really need coverage cause ghost + ground hits most things neutraly, meaning quite hard with golurk's attack.

Wow, its much weaker Magearna!!!
Jokes aside, Why is rest over draining kiss in this set?
I said in the explanation that draining kiss is probably the better choice but stored power sweepers do get chipped quite easily, so if you can get rid of the dark type, you can easily rest and with the added defense boosts, you can stall out rest turns.

DaRotomMachine

I COULD BE BANNED!
I said in the explanation that draining kiss is probably the better choice but stored power sweepers do get chipped quite easily, so if you can get rid of the dark type, you can easily rest and with the added defense boosts, you can stall out rest turns.
ooh sorry didn't read the whole thing my bad.

ooh sorry didn't read the whole thing my bad.
Hey, all good bro. I probably wouldn't read that whole thing I wrote if I wasn't the one who read it, I would just skip past it. I have a habit of overexplaining myself in descriptions, its why I hardly ever do RMT's because it takes all day to do one.

j0nathan

formerly trainer_j0nathan
:sv/lapras:
Lapras @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Tera Type: Bug
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Curse
- Ice Shard
- Liquidation
A favourite of mine, lapras has fallen harder than the meteorite that killed the dinosaurs. It used to be UUBL in gens 1-3, but was ZU in gens 7-8. However, lapras has a cool move in dragon dance and combine that with curse, you can increases it's offenses exponentially while increasing its defenses. The speed changes in both of these moves cancel each other out, making it a potent sweeper. Tera bug I found was quite good as you threaten the fire, flying and rock types with your stabs. Ice shard is good for priority and can mean that you can outspeed faster mons if you can't get enough boosts from dd. Lapras has solid stats overall, but suffers from their equal distribution and its awful ice typing.
That Lapras Set is the greatest Set of all Time.
I want to use this on Rain Teams.
+1 252+ Atk Lapras Liquidation vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Iron Boulder in Rain: 618-728 (192.5 - 226.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Okay, time for round two of my gimmick sets. Morkal, I'm coming for your job. (Jk, you inspired me to do this and it has been really fun, thank you very much :) )

:sv/emboar:
Emboar @ Salac Berry
Ability: Blaze
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Blast Burn/flamethrower
- Scald
- Endure
- Focus Blast
Probably the more gimmicky of the sets in this round, it mainly came around from the thought of "huh, emboar has scald". Thus, I decided to create a special emboar set and this rose from the ashes. I originally picked blast burn for one final nuke but flamethrower can be chosen for a more consistent option. At plus one, timid emboar can reach 376 speed it can outspeed adamant zamazenta. Not the greatest set, as focus blast is your only fighting special move, but it is decent. You swap out focus miss for grass knot if you want to screw over waters harder.

:sv/klefki:
Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Tera Type: Psychic
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Iron Defense
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Rest
The first of two prankster mons in this round, klefki is one of only two mons is SV that has prankster and stored power, the other being meowstic male. However, while meowstic-m has stab on stored power, klefki has a better defensive typing and iron defensive. With prankster you can be guarenteed to get a boost off, which can start the snowball needed to win a game. Tera psychic was chosen to make stored power more powerful, but a defensive tera could also work. Rest allows for reliable healing and means you can keep on boosting. You do lose insanely hard to dark types, so draining kiss could be better.

:sv/golurk:
Golurk @ Eject Button
Brave Nature
- High Horsepower
- Heavy Slam
- Poltergeist
- Trick
Golurk is the only fully evolved mon in SV with klutz, the other being baby mons. I first wanted to try out a flame orb set with hex, though I thought it wouldn't do well. There is Rotom heat, chandelure and delphox that can do this set and gholdengo, bronzong, glowking, gengar and munkidori with toxic orb if you want to try it out. I then decided on eject button, though red card could be interesting as well. This allows you to hit a mon with poltergeist super hard and switch them out. Sadly, knock off doesn't work this way. Rest of the moves are standard to hit other types. Golurk I find interesting as it is so close to being top tier, three immunites is amazing but like drifblim, they "balance" them.

:sv/deoxys-defense:
Deoxys-Defense @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Iron Defense
- Amnesia
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
Probably the best in terms of "viability" of these mons but this is one of those, crit me not sets. You know the drill by now, boost both defenses super high and hope you don't get crit to make your opponents hit like a wet noodle. You could slot in stored power over the attacking moves if you want more damage, but I think that this set has opened my eyes to the fact that "damn, nobody talks about Deo-D". I know its for a reason, but there is unexplored potential in Deo-D. Hope once the meta becomes more worked out, things like Deo-D can truly shine, I think we may be underselling it a tiny bit. (half of this explanation was about how Deo-D is underrated, wtf)

Lapras @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Curse
- Ice Shard
- Liquidation
A favourite of mine, lapras has fallen harder than the meteorite that killed the dinosaurs. It used to be UUBL in gens 1-3, but was ZU in gens 7-8. However, lapras has a cool move in dragon dance and combine that with curse, you can increases it's offenses exponentially while increasing its defenses. The speed changes in both of these moves cancel each other out, making it a potent sweeper. Tera bug I found was quite good as you threaten the fire, flying and rock types with your stabs. Ice shard is good for priority and can mean that you can outspeed faster mons if you can't get enough boosts from dd. Lapras has solid stats overall, but suffers from their equal distribution and its awful ice typing.

:sv/whimsicott:
Whimsicott @ Mental Herb
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 24 Spe
Timid Nature
- Cotton Guard
- Growth
- Giga Drain
- Light Screen
Finally, we have whimsicott. This set idea came from my indigo disk playthrough, where my whimsicott that carried had cotton guard when I caught it as a cottonee actually used this move to stall out npc trainers. Thus, I decided to create another crit me not sweeper (I have 3 on this team, wtf, next time I'll do more variety of sets) Cotton guard is busted, boosting defense by 3 stages. If anything remotely good or even decent got this, it would be potentially broken. Light screen allows you to guard on the special side, as you don't get calm mind or amnesia. Growth means that you can boost your offenses by a lot once you get set up. Finally, giga drain gives recovery as sadly, you don't get giga drain. Mental herb prevents taunt attempts to stop you from going, while tera steel is good defensively.

Overall, I had fun with this, which was the main point. I will probs do other sets of more lower tier mons (like kilowattrel and shifty, thank you
NotDaProGamer for the ideas, already cooking some ideas for them, like wind power kilo potentially or imprison shifty), so look out for those.
Which one
Edit: Nearly finished testing the sets and let me say, with one of them I ko'd three of their mons. Definetely will be released today.
Which ko'd 3 mons? Betting lappieras. When bug is actually good.

Okay, time for round two of my gimmick sets. Morkal, I'm coming for your job. (Jk, you inspired me to do this and it has been really fun, thank you very much :) )

:sv/emboar:
Emboar @ Salac Berry
Ability: Blaze
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Blast Burn/flamethrower
- Scald
- Endure
- Focus Blast
Probably the more gimmicky of the sets in this round, it mainly came around from the thought of "huh, emboar has scald". Thus, I decided to create a special emboar set and this rose from the ashes. I originally picked blast burn for one final nuke but flamethrower can be chosen for a more consistent option. At plus one, timid emboar can reach 376 speed it can outspeed adamant zamazenta. Not the greatest set, as focus blast is your only fighting special move, but it is decent. You swap out focus miss for grass knot if you want to screw over waters harder.

:sv/klefki:
Klefki @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Iron Defense
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Rest
The first of two prankster mons in this round, klefki is one of only two mons is SV that has prankster and stored power, the other being meowstic male. However, while meowstic-m has stab on stored power, klefki has a better defensive typing and iron defensive. With prankster you can be guarenteed to get a boost off, which can start the snowball needed to win a game. Tera psychic was chosen to make stored power more powerful, but a defensive tera could also work. Rest allows for reliable healing and means you can keep on boosting. You do lose insanely hard to dark types, so draining kiss could be better.

:sv/golurk:
Golurk @ Eject Button
Brave Nature
- High Horsepower
- Heavy Slam
- Poltergeist
- Trick

Adamant Nature
- Iron Defense
- Amnesia
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
Probably the best in terms of "viability" of these mons but this is one of those, crit me not sets. You know the drill by now, boost both defenses super high and hope you don't get crit to make your opponents hit like a wet noodle. You could slot in stored power over the attacking moves if you want more damage, but I think that this set has opened my eyes to the fact that "damn, nobody talks about Deo-D". I know its for a reason, but there is unexplored potential in Deo-D. Hope once the meta becomes more worked out, things like Deo-D can truly shine, I think we may be underselling it a tiny bit. (half of this explanation was about how Deo-D is underrated, wtf)

Lapras @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Curse
- Ice Shard
- Liquidation

:sv/whimsicott:
Whimsicott @ Mental Herb
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpA / 24 Spe
Timid Nature
- Cotton Guard
- Growth
- Giga Drain
- Light Screen
Finally, we have whimsicott. This set idea came from my indigo disk playthrough, where my whimsicott that carried had cotton guard when I caught it as a cottonee actually used this move to stall out npc trainers. Thus, I decided to create another crit me not sweeper (I have 3 on this team, wtf, next time I'll do more variety of sets) Cotton guard is busted, boosting defense by 3 stages. If anything remotely good or even decent got this, it would be potentially broken. Light screen allows you to guard on the special side, as you don't get calm mind or amnesia. Growth means that you can boost your offenses by a lot once you get set up. Finally, giga drain gives recovery as sadly, you don't get giga drain. Mental herb prevents taunt attempts to stop you from going, while tera steel is good defensively.

Overall, I had fun with this, which was the main point. I will probs do other sets of more lower tier mons (like kilowattrel and shifty, thank you
NotDaProGamer for the ideas, already cooking some ideas for them, like wind power kilo potentially or imprison shifty), so look out for those.
:sv/comfey:
Comfey @ Life Orb
Ability: Triage
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draining Kiss
- Calm Mind
- Giga Drain
- Tera Blast
I think people have mentioned this already, but under screens CM go brrr. With its relatively high defenses and an amazing ability, we can use a solid 82 base SpA, which is always priority. Tera fire tera blast is good coverage against steels, and the other moves help with pretty good coverage. The main problem is that draining kiss is WEAK, but aaaanyway, under screens it can become terrifying.
:sv/minior:
Minior @ Focus Sash
Ability: Shields Down
Tera Type: Rock
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Shell Smash
- Tera Blast/Rock Slide
I've already mentioned this, but if you can knock off all helmets/remove Garchomp, Minior can go ham on unsuspecting teams with my choice of tera blast rock because rock slide misses suck, but you can play it if you want.
:sv/alcremie:
TOO MANY VARIANTS (Alcremie-Ruby-Swirl) @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
Shiny: Yes
Modest Nature
- Acid Armor
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Draining Kiss
Literally everything can run double dance lol.
Special tank which boosts to oblivion.
What else should I say?
:sv/primeape:
CHEESE (Primeape) @ Focus Band
Ability: Defiant
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Ghost
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Rage Fist
- Assurance
- Bulk Up
The cheese has arrived. Baby annihlape with FOCUS BAND. High variance discussions? Hypnosis darkrai? I'm one-upping you all with the cheesiest strategy. Assurance because it'll be taking hits, Drain Punch to sometimes not rely on the darn band and rage fist, with Bulk Up to eventually actually tank physical moves. His shiny even is yellow like cheese too.

Last edited:

FFK

formerly Foufakirby
is a Tiering Contributor
Funny what are people thoughts on Darkrai being so bad when the mon has 135 SpA and outspeed almost all the tier. With powercreep, I agree it’s a low priority and everything being broken make them not broken but imo we still need to discuss it in surveys, AT LEAST.

Oh, remember that it fucked some bulky playstyles even if tera is a new defensive option. (It has nasty Plot btw)

Funny what are people thoughts on Darkrai being so bad when the mon has 135 SpA and outspeed almost all the tier. With powercreep, I agree it’s a low priority and everything being broken make them not broken but imo we still need to discuss it in surveys, AT LEAST.

Oh, remember that it fucked some bulky playstyles even if tera is a new defensive option.
And its only STAB kinda sucks and is base 80BP, as well as it having practically no ability 40% of games even if you bring hypnosis.

FFK

formerly Foufakirby
is a Tiering Contributor
I mean, it’s kinda suck against common booster spam teams but with nplot it still destroy bulky teams. A mon doesn’t need to abuse its ability to be strong

Adamant Nature
- Iron Defense
- Amnesia
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
Wouldn't a cosmic power + another move like recover/pain split/stored power would be better rather than ID + amnesia ?

Page catching, but my biggest issue with those Darkrai replays is that it relied on luck obviously, but more importantly, it relied on team compositions that were bad against Darkrai specifically. Zero speed control or TWave on any of those teams. Also some poor decision making on the part of the opponents (like letting your only unaware user get hypno'd).

Darkrai is very good, but I don't even think it's better than Iron Valiant.

Morkal already cooked up a Flygon set early on in the meta, but I've really been enjoying a more offensive take on basically the same set:
:xy/flygon::Life Orb:
Ability: Levitate
Jolly Nature
- First Impression
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- U-turn
I was kind of thinking about this set, and while I like it a lot, I actually had an alternative idea for how to make it have a little more oomph:

:xy/flygon::Life Orb:
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Stellar
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- First Impression
- Earthquake
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn

Similar to Tera Steel, Stellar Tera retains Flygon’s incredible hazard resistance since it doesn’t change its defensive properties. However, instead of using Tera defensively to swap a matchup on its head with a faster Pokémon like a Lati, you instead gain the ability to absolutely nuke a physically bulky “counter”. Take Max HP Tusk, for instance:

252 Atk Life Orb Flygon Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Great Tusk: 142-168 (32.7 - 38.7%) -- 98.2% chance to 3HKO

4 SpA Life Orb Tera Stellar Flygon Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Great Tusk: 338-398 (77.8 - 91.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Max HP Great Tusk that switches into Earthquake will always drop to Stellar Draco immediately after unless it’s Leftovers, where it will still die 100% of the time if a single Spike is up. Physically bulky Gliscor takes similar damage, though Flygon obviously can’t weaken it directly. As a bonus, you also get a use of Tera Stellar Quake and Tera Stellar First Impression.

Heat or trash?

Minior @ Focus Sash
Ability: Shields Down
Tera Type: Rock
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Shell Smash
- Tera Blast/Rock Slide
I've already mentioned this, but if you can knock off all helmets/remove Garchomp, Minior can go ham on unsuspecting teams with my choice of tera blast rock because rock slide misses suck, but you can play it if you want.
EMERGENCY ALERT! An honest-to-god minior fan has been detected on the premises! I repeat, this is NOT a drill! Deploy the Love reacts immediately!!!!!!

Jokes aside, what's your favorite variant?
:sv/minior-yellow:
mine has to be the shiny form (pure black with sparkles), followed by the yellow form for non-shinies. It's just so pretty!
edit: I just discovered this hidden gem on Gmar's profile. MINIOR FANS UNITE!
Screenshot 2024-01-04 at 10.05.12 AM.png

Last edited:
EMERGENCY ALERT! An honest-to-god minior fan has been detected on the premises! I repeat, this is NOT a drill! Deploy the Love reacts immediately?

Jokes aside, what's your favorite variant?
mine has to be the shiny form (pure black with sparkles), followed by the yellow form for non-shinies. It's just so pretty!
black then light blue. Minior is goated.
Minior Tier List
1704379726965.png

:sv/minior-blue:
:sv/minior-green:
:sv/minior-orange:
:sv/minior-indigo:
:sv/minior-violet:

Oh btw, i found some cool fanart.
1704380149158.png

(thanks Fropop for reminding me about orange)

Attachments

Last edited:
And its only STAB kinda sucks and is base 80BP
i mean the 20% flinch chance is pretty annoying with how much it outspeeds, let's not pretend like the mon doesn't have the capability to hax past its normal checks
as well as it having practically no ability 40% of games even if you bring hypnosis.
i think people are sleeping (pun intended) on bad dreams. even if you don't run hypnosis on darkrai, spore amoonguss also exists and is actually a pretty decent partner for darkrai—it's a great switch-in to fighting and fairy, can bait psychic moves for darkrai to switch into, and a lot of darkrai's defensive answers can't really do much against it, which opens them up to getting spored and darkrai being able to set up on them later. needs a little more work to make use of bad dreams, of course, but it can certainly play a part in games even outside of hypnosis sets. you can even run both spore amoonguss and hypnosis darkrai to maximize the number of opportunities to put your opponents to sleep

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 153)