Metagame Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xayah

San Bwanna
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Mini Megas

Metagame premise:
Played under LC rules, but any LC Pokemon whose evolution can Mega Evolve, can do so too. This will result in it getting half the stat boosts (rounded up) and the same type changes and the ability as when its evolution does. Some examples:

Bulbasaur (45/49/49/65/65/45, Overgrow/Chlorophyll, Grass/Poison) --- Venusaurite --> Mega Bulbasaur (45/58/69/76/75/45, Thick Fat, Grass/Poison)
Larvitar (50/64/50/45/50/41, Guts/Sand Veil, Ground/Rock) --- Tyranitarite --> Mega Larvitar (50/79/70/45/60/46, Sand Stream, Ground/Rock)
Aron (50/70/100/40/40/30, Sturdy/Rock Head/Heavy Metal, Steel/Rock) --- Aggronite --> Mega Aron (50/85/125/40/50/30, Filter, Steel)
Swablu (45/40/60/40/75/50, Natural Cure/Cloud Nine, Normal/Flying) --- Altarianite --> Mega Swablu (45/60/70/60/75/50, Pixilate, Normal/Fairy)

Potential bans and threats:
In general, defensive Mega Evolutions will be outclassed by their regular forms due to the access to Eviolite and Berry Juice. As such, offensive Megas will take over. Most notably:

Buneary

55/66/44/44/56/85 --> 55/96/49/44/56/100
Normal --> Normal/Fighting
Klutz/Limber/Run Away --> Scrappy

Buneary @ Loppunite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 228 Atk / 44 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Jump Kick / Drain Punch
- Healing Wish / Iron Tail / Ice Punch / Thunder Wave / Power-Up Punch / Baton Pass / Encore

Mega Buneary gains the same incredible offensive combination of a Normal/Fighting typing and the Scrappy ability as Mega Lopunny. This basically results in Mega Buneary being near impossible to switch into while being incredibly fast, with a whopping 20 Speed and 19 Attack. In addition, it has two different forms of priority, a TON of utility options, and good coverage options like Iron Tail and Ice Punch. Its weakness lies in its frailty, but this Pokemon would certainly make a Splash

Abra
25/20/15/105/55/90 --> 25/20/25/125/65/105
Psychic --> Psychic
Inner Focus/Synchronize/Magic Guard --> Trace

Abra @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 240 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power Fighting / Hidden Power Ground
- Substitute / Energy Ball / Shadow Ball

Mega Abra is a more extreme version of its regular self; incredible Special Attack and Speed, but basically no bulk. However, Mega Abra hits a very near-broken 22 Speed, which not only outspeeds the entire metagame, but also some of the slower Scarfers. This, in combination with its inmense 22 Special Attack, makes it ridiculous to switch into and beat, all the while it can't be trapped by Diglett unless it's Scarf. However, it's still vulnerable to Pursuit trappers and most Scarfers, so it's most likely not broken.

Gastly
30/35/30/100/35/80 --> 30/35/40/120/45/90
Ghost/Poison --> Ghost/Poison
Levitate --> Shadow Tag

Gastly @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 200 SpA / 80 SpD / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power Fighting / Dazzling Gleam
- Substitute / Destiny Bond

Speaking of broken. Shadow Tag is of course of one of the best abilities in the game, and Mega Gastly is capable of abusing it very effectively. While Wynaut is known for its ability to trap many offensive Pokemon, most notably Fighting-types like Timburr and Croagunk, Gastly abuses defensive Pokemon. It's capable coming into, setting up a Subtitute on, and taking out many Pokemon like Spritzee, Foongus, and Snubbull. This makes it an especially good partner for something like Choice Scarf Mienfoo (or Baton Pass Mega Buneary, if we allow multiple Megas per team, see questions section), which can also bring Gastly in for free with its U-turn (or, again, Baton Pass) on the obvious switch into one of those three. Mega Gastly also gets a really good Speed tier of 19 and a really good 21 Special Attack and is all around one of the best Pokemon available.

Honorable mentions:
Mega Squirtle
Mega Larvitar
Mega Snover
Mega Treecko
Mega Charmander X/Y
Mega Carvanha

Questions for the community:
  • Should I allow multiple Mega Evolutions per team? It could allow for some fun combinations but Mega Buneary + Mega Gastly + Mega Carvanha could easily be overwhelming
  • Is there something I can change to make defensive Mega Evolutions more viable?
Thanks for reading!

Had an idea, figured I was gonna lose it, and thus this post exists.

Anyways, I don't know of this is too similar to Nature Swap, but read on and see for yourself.

Nature Swap TO THE MAX

Works like Nature swap, except the -'d stat will now equal 5, and any remaining stats from that are transferred to the +'d stat. For example, if we have a Jolly Victini, it's stats will not be 100/100/100/5/100/195. We got this because the -'d stat is Special Attack, meaning we take away from that until it's 5, then add the 95 we got from that to the +d stat, speed. A stat cannot go above 255 and if it would it will just be 255.

Bans + Threats:
Any Pokémon with good attack & special attack, as you can just destroy one to make the other busted.
Idk, I haven't thought about this a ton xD
The ancient scrolls told of a beast that would awake at the end of all days to bring destruction to the world of man. Repent, for that day is upon us. The beast has awoken.

Shuckle @ Watmel Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Power Trick
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Natural Gift

Last edited:
Mini Megas

Metagame premise:
Played under LC rules, but any LC Pokemon whose evolution can Mega Evolve, can do so too. This will result in it getting half the stat boosts (rounded up) and the same type changes and the ability as when its evolution does. Some examples:

Bulbasaur (45/49/49/65/65/45, Overgrow/Chlorophyll, Grass/Poison) --- Venusaurite --> Mega Bulbasaur (45/58/69/76/75/45, Thick Fat, Grass/Poison)
Larvitar (50/64/50/45/50/41, Guts/Sand Veil, Ground/Rock) --- Tyranitarite --> Mega Larvitar (50/79/70/45/60/46, Sand Stream, Ground/Rock)
Aron (50/70/100/40/40/30, Sturdy/Rock Head/Heavy Metal, Steel/Rock) --- Aggronite --> Mega Aron (50/85/125/40/50/30, Filter, Steel)
Swablu (45/40/60/40/75/50, Natural Cure/Cloud Nine, Normal/Flying) --- Altarianite --> Mega Swablu (45/60/70/60/75/50, Pixilate, Normal/Fairy)

In general, defensive Mega Evolutions will be outclassed by their regular forms due to the access to Eviolite and Berry Juice. As such, offensive Megas will take over. Most notably:

Buneary

Buneary @ Loppunite
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Healing Wish / Iron Tail / Ice Punch / Thunder Wave / Power-Up Punch / Baton Pass / Encore

Mega Buneary gains the same incredible offensive combination of a Normal/Fighting typing and the Scrappy ability as Mega Lopunny. This basically results in Mega Buneary being near impossible to switch into while being incredibly fast, with a whopping 20 Speed and 19 Attack. In addition, it has two different forms of priority, a TON of utility options, and good coverage options like Iron Tail and Ice Punch. Its weakness lies in its frailty, but this Pokemon would certainly make a Splash

Abra
Psychic --> Psychic

Abra @ Alakazite
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam

Mega Abra is a more extreme version of its regular self; incredible Special Attack and Speed, but basically no bulk. However, Mega Abra hits a very near-broken 22 Speed, which not only outspeeds the entire metagame, but also some of the slower Scarfers. This, in combination with its inmense 22 Special Attack, makes it ridiculous to switch into and beat, all the while it can't be trapped by Diglett unless it's Scarf. However, it's still vulnerable to Pursuit trappers and most Scarfers, so it's most likely not broken.

Gastly
Levitate --> Shadow Tag

Gastly @ Gengarite
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb

Speaking of broken. Shadow Tag is of course of one of the best abilities in the game, and Mega Gastly is capable of abusing it very effectively. While Wynaut is known for its ability to trap many offensive Pokemon, most notably Fighting-types like Timburr and Croagunk, Gastly abuses defensive Pokemon. It's capable coming into, setting up a Subtitute on, and taking out many Pokemon like Spritzee, Foongus, and Snubbull. This makes it an especially good partner for something like Choice Scarf Mienfoo (or Baton Pass Mega Buneary, if we allow multiple Megas per team, see questions section), which can also bring Gastly in for free with its U-turn (or, again, Baton Pass) on the obvious switch into one of those three. Mega Gastly also gets a really good Speed tier of 19 and a really good 21 Special Attack and is all around one of the best Pokemon available.

Honorable mentions:
Mega Squirtle
Mega Larvitar
Mega Snover
Mega Treecko
Mega Charmander X/Y
Mega Carvanha

• Should I allow multiple Mega Evolutions per team? It could allow for some fun combinations but Mega Buneary + Mega Gastly + Mega Carvanha could easily be overwhelming
  • Is there something I can change to make defensive Mega Evolutions more viable?
Thanks for reading!
Compare Little Prodigies

Mini Megas

Metagame premise:

Buneary

Buneary @ Loppunite
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return

Abra
Psychic --> Psychic

Abra @ Alakazite
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam

Gastly
Levitate --> Shadow Tag

Gastly @ Gengarite
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb

Honorable mentions:
Mega Squirtle
Mega Larvitar
Mega Snover
Mega Treecko
Mega Charmander X/Y
Mega Carvanha

Thanks for reading!
Cool concept, but if I understood everything correctly, this is pretty much identical to Little Cup Mega Evolutions from last gen, so I think you'll have to ask permission to wishes before submitting it.

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
The ancient scrolls told of a beast that would awake at the end of all days to bring destruction to the world of man. Repent, for that day is upon us. The beast has awoken.

Shuckle @ Watmel Berry
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Power Trick
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Natural Gift
Kartana used Vacuum Wave!
0 SpA Kartana Vacuum Wave vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Shuckle: 108-128 (59.6 - 70.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Wonder Power (Wonder Room + Power Trick)
Metagame premise
Each player will have the choice of changing their Pokemon's offensive and defensive capabilities using Wonder Room and Trick Room mechanics.
Maybe a way of carrying out these effects would be by adjusting evs to specific stats, between Attack and Special Attack, and Defense and Special Defense. If there's more invested EVs in a pokemon's particular stat that is normally lower than its other attack or defense stat, it switches that stat with the other stat based on Wonder Room and Power Trick rules.
Mega Alakazam

Original Variant
Attack:50
Defense: 65
Sp. Atk.: 175
Sp. Def. 105

EVs to use: 252 SpA / 252 Spe (Standard Spread)

Variant 1
Attack: 175
Defense: 65
Sp. Atk.: 50
Sp. Def. 105

EVs to use: Long as there's more evs in the Attack stat vs the Special Attack 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Variant 2
Attack:50
Defense: 105
Sp. Atk.: 175
Sp. Def.: 65

EVs to use: Long as there's more evs in the Defense stat vs the Special Defense 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def

Variant 3
Attack: 175
Defense: 105
Sp. Atk.: 50
Sp. Def.: 65

Evs to use: Same as the rest. 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
The HP and Speed stays the same. Thinking we could have a meta that explores the Pokemon's weaker stats and their current potential with them. Like a Fire punch coming from a base 175 Attack Mega Alakazam or a Chansey with 105 Defense. I did see this however and don't know if the proposal would fall under this ban:
Ooh what if we swapped X stat with X stat: No, we have enough of those.
Potential bans and threat
N/A
Questions for the community
What do you think? Should anything be ban? Could this idea be improved?
Partial Tier Shift

Metagame Premise

Exact rules as the last Tier Shift meta but limited stat increases.
Enjoyed the last Tier Shift a lot and would like propose something similar. The reason for the partial stat distribution is because during the Tier Shift meta, the lower tier mons definitely came out on top and overpowered the upper tiers. Reducing the stat distribution could possibly bring out more diversity in the teams without the lower tiers being too op.

Once again, same rules as the recent Tier Shift, but with limited stat increases:

Ubers +0
OU +5
UU +10
RU +15
NU +20
PU +25
NFE +30
LC +35
N/A
Tight Knit

Meta Game Premise

Each Pokemon receives +15 stat increase for every empty slot on the team.
If a person decides to just use Arceus as her/his only pokemon, then Arceus receives +75 to all of its base stats. If the person then decides to put Regigigas and Silvally on the team, then all three mons will only receive +45 to its base stats in battle.
N/A

Last edited:
I'd like to mention that partial tiershift is like the old tiershift, Stephenyc.
The metagame tight knit seems interesting, although I'm not sure it would be worth it to sacrifice teamslots.

Exploudit, this is possibly the most creative metagame idea I've ever heard. Please try to get it approved, I think it would be super fun to play.

Last edited:
Tight Knit Bisharp

(Not even sure if this is all that good, but eh)

Bisharp @ Black Glasses / Life Orb / Leftovers / Chesto Berry
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SPD
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch/Rest
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Before you say "wtf" the base stats without a team are 140/200/175/135/145/145

Meaning if the other guy has I'd say probably 3-4 mons on their team, they might be able to destroy it, but other than that, that's a beast.

Also I'm not saying you should but it could be interesting if instead of just gaining stats you could gain +100 levels to use on your mons for each mon you DONT have out of 6. Could be interesting.

Also no it can't be tight knit, rename pls.

Ty buddy! Reading this really made my day, I'm happy you liked the idea :) I'll submit it soon.

Not to make this a one liner:
Could you guys please respond these questions? It would really help me improve the concept, I'd really love some feedback on these before submitting Nature Link.
tbh I don't get it

like I just don't understand the metagame

what decides which stat is shared?

Ty buddy! Reading this really made my day, I'm happy you liked the idea :) I'll submit it soon.

Could you guys please respond these questions? It would really help me improve the concept, I'd really love some feedback on these before submitting Nature Link.
  • This is only partially similar to Godly Gift, and I think you're fine to sub this.
  • As for forms I think the stats they donate should only be from the base form (Heracross donates 125 base attack instead of the mega's 185 base attack).
  • I think natures should not retain their old effect.

I think it's quite different despite having some similarities, sort of like MnM and Cross Evolution.

tbh I don't get it

like I just don't understand the metagame

what decides which stat is shared?
Okay, I tried my best to explain it in the OP, but its fine, I'll try explaining it again.

There are 25 natures, right? Each one decides, along with the Pokémon's slot in the teambuilding which stat is shareda and with what 'mon it is shared. Similarly to Godly Gift, every slot in the teambuilding corresponds to one, so slot #1 is HP, slot #2 is Attack, slot #3 is Defense, slot #4 is Special Attack, slot #5 is Special Defense, slot #6 is Speed. "Okay, but what does this mean?" The stat assigned to each slot is the slot you'll be sharing, so if Blissey is in the first slot, it will share is HP, if Ninjask is on slot #6 it will share its Speed and so on... "But what determines to what Pokémon the stat is passed?" That's the part where the natures come around, each nature determines with which Pokémon the stats are shared with. Here's a list with 20 out of those 25 Natures, determining with which Pokémon the stats will be shared with:
Lonely / Bold gives stat to Pokemon in slots #1 & #2
Adamant / Modest gives stat to Pokemon in slots #1 & #3
Naughty / Calm gives stat to Pokemon in slots #1 & #4
Brave / Timid gives stat to Pokemon in slots #1 & #5
Impish / Mild gives stat to Pokemon in slots #2 & #3
Lax / Gentle gives stat to Pokemon in slots #2 & #4
Relaxed / Hasty gives stat to Pokemon in slots #2 & #5
Rash / Careful gives stat to Pokemon in slots #3 & #4
Quiet / Jolly gives stat to Pokemon in slots #3 & #5
Sassy / Naive gives stat to Pokemon in slots #4 & #5
*When I talk about slots in this context I'm obviously ingorning the Pokémon recieving the Nature as occupying a slot, that explains only 5 of them*
As said, these slot placing obviously skip the Pokémon that is giving the stats. So for example:
HP | Atk | Def | SpA | SpD | Spe
Say Pikachu wants to give its Special Attack stat to Lapras and Snorlax. It should either have a Sassy or Naive Nature (they have both exactly the same effect). That which it goes to slot #4, and slot #5 (skipping Pikachu), which is Lapras and Snorlax. And say Charizard wants to share its Attack stat with Venusaur and Blastoise, then it should pick either a Lonely or Bold nature, as skipping it, Venusaur and Blastoise are on slots #1 and #2.

As for neutral natures, here they only target one Pokémon, but double the increase. So if a stat increased from 50 to 75, when using a neutral nature it would increase to 100 rather. Here's a list with the neutral natures:
Hardy gives stat to Pokemon in slot #1
Docile gives stat to Pokemon in slot #2
Bashful gives stat to Pokemon in slot #3
Quirky gives stat to Pokemon in slot #4
Serious gives stat to Pokemon in slot #5
*When I talk about slots in this context I'm obviously ingorning the Pokémon recieving the Nature as occupying a slot, that explains only 5 of them*
Let's use the same team as an example:
Say Venusaur wants to give its HP stat to Blastoise only. Venusaur should be given a Docile Nature then, that way Blastoise's HP stat would increase to 81, since Blastoise's is 79 and Venusaur's 80.

Clear? If you still couldn't understand it feel free to send me a PM or something.

Last edited:
Okay, I tried my best to explain it in the OP, but its fine, I'll try explaining it again.

There are 25 natures, right? Each one decides, along with the Pokémon's slot in the teambuilding which stat is shareda and with what 'mon it is shared. Similarly to Godly Gift, every slot in the teambuilding corresponds to one, so slot #1 is HP, slot #2 is Attack, slot #3 is Defense, slot #4 is Special Attack, slot #5 is Special Defense, slot #6 is Speed. "Okay, but what does this mean?" The stat assigned to each slot is the slot you'll be sharing, so if Blissey is in the first slot, it will share is HP, if Ninjask is on slot #6 it will share its Speed and so on... "But what determines to what Pokémon the stat is passed?" That's the part where the natures come around, each nature determines with which Pokémon the stats are shared with. Here's a list with 20 out of those 25 Natures, determining with which Pokémon the stats will be shared with:

As said, these slot placing obviously skip the Pokémon that is giving the stats. So for example:
Say Pikachu wants to give its Special Attack stat to Lapras and Snorlax. It should either have a Sassy or Quiet Nature (they have both exactly the same effect). That which it goes to slot #4, and slot #5 (skipping Pikachu), which is Lapras and Snorlax. And say Charizard wants to share its Attack stat with Venusaur and Blastoise, then it should pick either a Lonely or Bold nature, as skipping it, Venusaur and Blastoise are on slots #1 and #2.

As for neutral natures, here they only target one Pokémon, but double the increase. So if a stat increased from 50 to 75, when using a neutral nature it would increase to 100 rather. Here's a list with the neutral natures:

Let's use the same team as an example:
Say Venusaur wants to give its HP stat to Blastoise only. Venusaur should be given a Docile Nature then, that way Blastoise's HP stat would increase to 81, since Blastoise's is 79 and Venusaur's 80.

Clear? If you still couldn't understand it feel free to send me a PM or something.
Naive, not Quiet

I'd like to mention that partial tiershift is like the old tiershift, Stephenyc.
The metagame tight knit seems interesting, although I'm not sure it would be worth it to sacrifice teamslots.
Summonerrisa4o1 I increased the stat boosts, what do you think now?
Tight Knit Bisharp

(Not even sure if this is all that good, but eh)

Bisharp @ Black Glasses / Life Orb / Leftovers / Chesto Berry
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SPD
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch/Rest
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Before you say "wtf" the base stats without a team are 140/200/175/135/145/145

Meaning if the other guy has I'd say probably 3-4 mons on their team, they might be able to destroy it, but other than that, that's a beast.

Also I'm not saying you should but it could be interesting if instead of just gaining stats you could gain +100 levels to use on your mons for each mon you DONT have out of 6. Could be interesting.

Also no it can't be tight knit, rename pls.
Yveltal for PU what would you suggest? That Bisharp is beastly indeed haha

Soul Combine

On switch in pokemon get each others abilities and their (original) stats are redistributed ignoring hp rounded up, stats do not change until pokemon switches out, and once switched in wont change

EX: Kartana and Shuckle come in.

Kartana 59/181/131/59/31/109
Shuckle 20/10/230/10/230/5

New stats of both pokemon N/A/96/180/35/130/57

but lets say shuckle switchs and something comes in on the kartana then the kartana keeps its pitiful stats and what ever comes in has its stats averaged with kartanas original stats

I would imagine pretty much everything would be viable to some degree that was viable in some way in some meta before even sunkern could be used as a gimmick to weaken pokemon 30 across the board kinda hurts to be averaged with

Thoughts?
Does this meta make sense?
Anyway I could make things more clear?
Anyway I can shorten the sentence
Is anything banable? other then maybe blissey and chancey?
Does this sound like stall the meta?

Deleted User 400951

Banned deucer.
Soul Combine

On switch in pokemon get each others abilities and their (original) stats are redistributed ignoring hp rounded up, stats do not change until pokemon switches out, and once switched in wont change

EX: Kartana and Shuckle come in.

Kartana 59/181/131/59/31/109
Shuckle 20/10/230/10/230/5

New stats of both pokemon N/A/96/180/35/130/57

but lets say shuckle switchs and something comes in on the kartana then the kartana keeps its pitiful stats and what ever comes in has its stats averaged with kartanas original stats

I would imagine pretty much everything would be viable to some degree that was viable in some way in some meta before even sunkern could be used as a gimmick to weaken pokemon 30 across the board kinda hurts to be averaged with

Thoughts?
Does this meta make sense?
Anyway I could make things more clear?
Anyway I can shorten the sentence
Is anything banable? other then maybe blissey and chancey?
Does this sound like stall the meta?
Looks really prediction-based and could be really stally. I'd be skeptical.

Nature Link
This looks to be pretty cool. If you're not submitting/was rejected on Shiny Shift, I would love to see this as an OM. Here are some ideas (some of which will probably get banned lol):

Slot 2 (Kartana) @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Serious Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword
- Swords Dance

Slot 6 (Talonflame) @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Docile Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Serious Kartana is slot 2 gives Talonflame 181 + (181 - 81) in Attack, which in... 281 255!.... Jeez... That should probably be banned... In return, Docile Smogonbirb gives Kartana a very good 143 Speed, which is great as Kartana's only decent speed tier kinda holds it back.

Unset (Slot 3) (Cofagrigus) @ Leftovers
Ability: Mummy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Serious Nature
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Knock Off

Slot 1 (Persian-Alola) @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bashful Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Foul Play
- Roar
- Parting Shot
- Taunt
Persian's Defense: 145 + (145 - 60) = 230. The raw stat of 230 with max investment and a neutral nature is 559. 559 * 2 (Fur Coat) = 1118.
Yeah, don't forget to ban this...

(BTW Persian give Cofag 72 HP, which is alright I guess)

Slot 5 (Toxapex) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bashful Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes

Slot 3 (Avalugg) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Quirky Nature
- Avalanche
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
Toxapex's Defense: 184 + (184 - 152) = 216
Avalugg's Special Defense: 142 + (142 - 46) = 238
Toxapex's Bulk: 50/216/142
Avalugg's Bulk: 95/184/238

If you do this, you're a disgusting human being.

Slot 4 (Xurkitree) @ Psychium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Hypnosis
- Tail Glow
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball

Slot 6 (Swellow) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Quirky Nature
- Boomburst
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Sleep Talk
Xurkitree's Speed: 125 + (125 - 83) = 167
Swellow's Special Attack: 173 + (173 - 75) = 271 255
Do I even have to explain how good this one is?

This is one crazy meta.

I like your meta idea sounds interestinh, though i have a few questions about it (its kinda really complex)

Hardy gives stat to Pokemon in slot #1
Docile gives stat to Pokemon in slot #2
Bashful gives stat to Pokemon in slot #3
Quirky gives stat to Pokemon in slot #4
Serious gives stat to Pokemon in slot #5

So for example:

In this case, If Alomomola is Serious, Mega Latias' HP stat will be 165 + (165 - 80) = 250.

Another example:

A Serious Kyurem-B provides Hawlucha an Attack stat of 248 (2x170 - 92) while Docile Hawlucha gives Kyurem-B a scary Speed Tier of base 141.
I dont get this part? I think it makes it unbalanced, Why not make it like the other natures and make them share the same stat (for example a serious alomo in first slot gives lati a 165 base hp stat instead of giving it 255), why do u suddenly have to combine both stats? I think if it worked like the other natures it would be better, unless u meant something else

Questions for the Community
* Is this a little too similar to Godly Gift? It kind of shares the same idea of sharing stats but I think both would work a lot differently.
* Better name ideas? Please tell me! Nature Link is cool and all but it isn't really all that creative.
* Megas and other forme changes currently work by not changing any stats they're inheriting and changing what stats they give only when they Mega Evolve / change forme. Is this method good enough?
* Is this way too complex? I mean, Chimera 1v1 and Godly Gift provide some very complex teambuilding as well so I think it isn't that complex in comparison to those but what do you think?
* Should Natures retain their effect of +10% or -10%, because currently Brave or Timid Nature are exactly the same.
  • A little bit yes, but other than the fact they share a stat everything else works differently, even the way they inherit the stat
  • Stat share? Idk i think nature link sounds fine haha
  • Sorry i didnt get this point can u re-explain it?
  • Godly gift wasnt that complicated, it was easy to remember just knowing which slot = which stat you inherit, yours on the other hand is a bit more complicated needing to memorize the natures and which slots they give it, but i dont think its too complicated still, if chimera 1v1 made it then theres nothing stopping this
  • Depends, why did you remove them in the first place? Nah i think its fine the way it is right now
Took me a while to understand how and why does the natures randomly gives it stat to two specific slots, i realized it gives the stat to where where the natures buffs and debuffs happen

Example: bold gives +10% atk (slot 1) and -10% def (slot 2), so a pokemon with that nature shares its stats with these two slots

Last edited:
Wait-- for nature link, couldn't it be possible to have a smeargle with like 200/180/230/20/230/160 stats
or something, by putting a pokemon with high hp (like guzzlord) in the first, high attack (like kartana) in the second, smeargle in the fourth, (nobody cares for you, Special attack) with a nature that both decreases and increases spA like serious does for attack, shuckle in the fifth, mega steelix in the third, ninjask in the last slot, etc?

This meta sounds like it could be deadlier than BH.

(Pet Mod)

Changemons

Welcome to this pet mod! Here, people can submit changes for various things, Whether it be give a Pokémon a new move, changing the effects of a move, changing a Pokémon types stats abilities etc, and changing ability effects. The entire idea is to make a whole new meta to play, with a heck of a lot different mons, way different abilities, and even a new array of items, all with the central idea to be different than OU. Though you probably want to know what the heck the rules are. It's quite a bit simple IMO, so here:

Changing Pokémon:
  • You may buff the stats up to a BST of 570. If the BST is between 570 and 599, the limit becomes 600 (examples include Articuno and Guzzlord). If the BST is 600 or more, then you can only move the stat points around (you must lower a stat to raise another. Examples include Kommo-o and Necrozma).
  • Types may be changed, but they must have at least one of the original typings (Yanmega can be either Bug/Dragon or Flying/Dragon but it can't be Psychic/Dragon)
  • A max of four moves can be given to the Pokémon. If one wishes to add more, they must remove another existing move.
  • Abilities can be changed, but the same amount of abilities it had must be conserved (unless the Mon has only one ability).
  • You can also nerf Pokémon (ie: you can nerf Blaziken and Aegislash) to make them stable. If the Pokémon being nerfed has more than 600 BST, it must be lowered to that as a maximum.
  • When picking a Pokémon to change, you have access to the entire evolution line and any formes count as one change.
Changing Moves:
  • Mostly anything can be changed about moves
  • You can buff powers, PP, change type, change effects (Mult-hit, Poisoning, all that nonsense)
  • The only exeption is that you can't make new effects (ie: Sky Terrain)
  • Oh, and don't break the moves ok?
Changing Abilities:
  • You can mostly do the same as moves
  • Do not over-complicate any of these.
  • Also don't break these.
Changing Items:
  • These can also do practically do anything you wish
  • Keep in mind every Pokémon can wish to run one of these.
  • Also don't break these
Submissions:
  • The submissions period will take up to 6 days.
  • Afterwards voting commences and takes up to 4 days
  • And finally, discussion phase comes taking up to 2 days.
  • You may submit up to 3 new Pokémon, move, ability, and item changes (for each category)
  • If someone has already changed a thing, it may not be changed again (unless it's an extreme case)
  • When voting, you vote for as many changes as you like. For each vote, say what thing was changed and who changed it.
  • Self-Voting is allowed, but the amount of non-self votes published must be DOUBLE the amount of self-votes.
  • The five changes of each category with the most votes get accepted into the log. If some tie, they will also get in, depending on the situation.
  • If two changes of the exact same item would win, the next one down gets in instead and a tiebreaker on the two happens during discussion phase.
  • During discussion phase, anything needed to be brought up (such as a change that got in which is completely broken) or sharing sets around the new changes can be done so.
Alright, the thing I wanna say is that, this idea was actually posted a while ago, but after reading comments I thought it wouldn't hold up with current pet mods. Later on I read the posts in the Suggestions thread and started to wonder how I could make this an easy to access thread, with easy to understand rules (this might contradict what I posted above. Tell me if it did). Now the metagame itself may be hard to understand for new players, my goal was to make something different from OU, something with more Pokémon to run, more moves to pick from, and a whole collection of items too, but not so complicated as to needing new sprites and getting new abilities and items and whatnot. I mean in all technically, we still get new things, yet they're just changes of old and forgotten things. I also removed the section on making megas, as we have "Megas for All" for that, and converted the mod to current Sub/Vote/Discuss slates (what I had before was weird ok? Getting to a specific amount of likes is innificient.)

Questions:
  • Should I extend some of the periods to some more or less days?
  • Are things too complicated right now? I want this to be easy to learn and I might have missed that.
  • Is the way I am handling voting good? Do I need to change it?
  • Is this too similar to SylveMons? If so, what can I do to become unique?
  • Am I still missing anything? I feel like every time I post, I forget something.
  • As in did I crap anything here or do anything wrong?

(Pet Mod)
Character'd
The idea is to create pokemon that are [Character name]-[pokemon name]
The Suggestions will be broken into 3 parts
Part 1.) Character name
Part 2.) Pokémon
Part 3.) Character+pokemon 3 most popular will be chosen

The Slate will then be the 3 Character'd pokemon

Rules:
bst can not exceed 110 more then it originally was.
Must not be totally broken in ou
no posting pokemon that are not part of the slate
Example of Format:
Name of the Character Pokémon: (e.g. Ash-Greninja)
New Type (optional): (e.g. Water,Dark)
New Stat distribution: (e.g. 72 / 145 (+20) / 67 (+20) / 153 (+50) / 71 (+30) / 132 (+40) BST:640(+110))
Name of Bond : (e.g. Battle Bond)
Effects and Activation Means : (e.g. After KOing a Pokemon: becomes Ash-Greninja, Water Shuriken: 20 power, hits 3x.)
Design/Flavor (optional): (e.g. Gains the general look of ash with hair growing out of the side of its face and generally sporting the colors of ash)
Competitive Analysis (optional): (e.g. Water Shuriken for the win)

Here's an OM idea I have:

SHARPMONS

Quite simply, your Pokemon can learn any and all (a few bans excepted) STAB moves, but are restricted to using STAB moves. For example, Magikarp can learn/use any water move, but would not be allowed to use or learn any non-water moves, including ones he currently has (e.g. splash, flail, celebrate). This metagame would be OU-based.

Potential bans:

High-powered stat boosting moves, moves with incredibly high damage output, a large number of normal moves, and a few others. Pokemon with favorable typing could also be banned; Rotom-Frost for one would actually be usable.

Rose_Warrior that already exists; it's called Battle Ready.

Last edited:
what is the pet mods called for these things? if they are not a thing tell me so I can elaborate more also

1.) gives each pokemon a signature move that is unique to them (like flame lash)

2.) Gives each pokemon a unique ability (like flare boost)

3.) Gives each pokemon a unique item (like lightball or stick)

4.) Gives each pokemon a resolute like form(just visual change)

5.) Gives each pokemon a Alolan Form [Its almost dead Why Coolman!?][alolan forms]

6.) Gives pokemon with less then 3 evos a evo line [Its dead I found out V4 anyone?]

7.) gives each pokemon pre evos unless the line is more then 3 evos [basicly Complete Pokedex]

8.) gives each pokemon a split evo [this is called eeveed]

9.) gives each pokemon a unbound form(or bound form)

10.) gives each pokemon a therian form

11.) gives each pokemon a signature z move[z moves everywhere is the name]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)