Metagame Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
what is the pet mods called for these things? if they are not a thing tell me so I can elaborate more also

1.) gives each pokemon a signature move that is unique to them (like flame lash)

2.) Gives each pokemon a unique ability (like flare boost)

3.) Gives each pokemon a unique item (like lightball or stick)

4.) Gives each pokemon a resolute like form

5.) Gives each pokemon a Alolan Form

6.) Gives pokemon with less then 3 evos a evo line

7.) gives each pokemon pre evos unless the line is more then 3 evos

8.) gives each pokemon a split evo

9.) gives each pokemon a unbound form

10.) gives each pokemon a therian form

11.) gives each pokemon a signature z move
5 is "Alola Formes", 6 is "The Complete Pokedex", "Eevee'd" falls under 8, and 11 is "Z-moves everywhere"

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Here's an OM idea I have:

SHARPMONS

Quite simply, your Pokemon can learn any and all (a few bans excepted) STAB moves, but are restricted to using STAB moves. For example, Magikarp can learn/use any water move, but would not be allowed to use or learn any non-water moves, including ones he currently has (e.g. splash, flail, celebrate). This metagame would be OU-based.

Potential bans:

High-powered stat boosting moves, moves with incredibly high damage output, a large number of normal moves, and a few others. Pokemon with favorable typing could also be banned; Rotom-Frost for one would actually be usable.
  • STAB moves are the best: You can only use your moves you get STAB in.

New Pokerus
Metagame Premise
In this meta, every team will have one mon that has the Pokerus. This Pokerus grants:

- All stats are boosted by 10%.

- Use of any moves that shares the pokemon's typing (ex. Garchomp with Dragon Dance)

- Use of any abilities shared by other mons of the same typing (ex. Garchomp w/ Arena Trap from Duggy, Oblivious from Mamo, or Mold Breaker from Haxorus)

OU Clauses, 1 Uber only

New Pokerus in short: a meta with more threatening elements.

Potential bans and threat
- Non-native Huge Power and Pure Power, Beast Boost, Soul Heart, Water Bubble, Wonderguard
- Non-native V-Create, Spore, Recovery Moves, Shell Smash, Geomancy, Thousand Arrows, Extreme Evoboost
Questions for the community
What do you think? Could this be improved?
Affinity Mons
Metagame Premise
In this meta, each mon on the team receive additional STAB boost (from 10% to 50%), and Stat increases (from 5% - 10%), depending on the number of shared typings and egg groups:

- For every shared typing on the team, STAB attacks are additionally boosted by 10%. Achieving 50% boost = monotype team.
  • Every shared typing also increases the secondary effects of those STAB moves by 10%.

- For every shared egg group between the mons, every stat (excluding HP and Speed) is boosted by 5%. (ex. Mew's base Atk, Def, SpA, and SpD stats receive 25% boost if there are 5 other mons on the team are from the undiscovered egg group).

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Type
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Egg_Group
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pokémon_by_Egg_Group

Affinity Mons in short: a metagame that rewards those more restrictive and meme teams.

Potential bans and threat
Weather Rocks
Questions for the community
What do you think? Could this be improved?

Last edited:
Anaconja
The intention of this metagame was to alow pokemon to learn any STAB moves, not just ones that the pokemon regularly has. For example, Marshadow could use Moongeist Beam (a new move) or Drain Punch (one it currently has), but not Ice Punch or Geomancy (non-STAB moves).To my knowledge, it's the first metagame to do this, and it offers much more diversity than 'STAB Moves are the Best'.

I'm rather bad at explaining things, so sorry I didn't make it clear the first time. Thanks coolMan for reminding me that Mudkip does not have a ground type.

Last edited:
Anaconja The intention of this metagame was to alow pokemon to learn any STAB moves, not just ones that the pokemon regularly has. For example, Mudkip could use Shell Smash, Water Spout, and Earthquake, but not tackle. To my knowledge, it's the first metagame to do this, and it offers much more diversity than 'STAB Moves are the Best'.

I'm rather bad at explaining things, so sorry I didn't make it clear the first time.
Uhh... What? Mudkip is pure Water-Type. It would only get Water Spout. Please don't make the same mistake the anime did ok?

Gender Wars:
stats are boosted according to gender and shininess
Male:
Shiny:
Atk is boosted by 1.5x
Not Shiny: Def is boosted by 1.5x
Female:
Shiny:
Spdef is boosted by 1.5x
Not Shiny: Spatk is boosted by 1.5x
Genderless:
Shiny:
both spdef and def are boosted by 1.25x
Not Shiny: Spd is boosted by 1.5x

Booster Pack:
Pokémon will have stats boosted by 1.5x according level set before battle (level becomes 100 when in battle unless level is set to be <10)

first number 1-6 first stat, any number >6 and 0 will be ignored
second number 1-6 second stat, any number >6 and 0 will be ignored

example: a level 11 shuckle turns into a 45 hp level 100 shuckle
example: a level 26 kartana turns into a 271.5(which round out to 255) atk 163.5(which rounds to 164 spd level 100 kartana
example: a level 10 pikachu keeps all of its stats the same but comes into battle as a level 10
example: a level 1 aron keeps all of its stats the same but comes into battle as a level 1

Last edited:
Booster Pack:
Pokémon will have stats boosted by according to level set before battle (level becomes 100 when in battle unless level is set to be <10)

I have no idea what this is trying to say.

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
So I have an idea about a meta that is revolved around a Mega in a team.

[Insert Creative Title Here]

Metagame premise:

* OU Banlist
* As soon as you execute a Mega Evolution in your team, your whole team will get exactly the same boost as the Mega Stone gives to the 'mon that Mega Evolves.

Ex)

Mega Evolving Sableye gives the entire team 10 Atk, 50 Def, 20 SpA, 50 Spd, and -30 Spe.
Mega Evolving Pinsir gives the entire team 30 Atk, 20 Def, 10 SpA, 20 Spd, and 20 Spe.​

Potential bans and threats:

* Bans
- Azumarill
- Blissey
- Chansey
- Diggersby
- Medicham
- Beedrillite
- Diancite
- Possibly more than these

* On the radar:
- All signature items: Thicc Club, Light Ball, Deepsea items, etc.
- Tapu Lele

* POSSIBLE Unbans
- Blazikenite
- Lucarionite
- Salamencite
- Metagrossite

* Threats
- Mega Sableye stall that makes Quagsire, Clefable, Skarmory, or other defensive behemoths significantly harder to take down
- Mega Heracross Trick Room offense with Crawdaunt and Alolan Marowak with possible addition of Rhyperior, Conkeldurr, and others
- Mega Charizard X / Y Sticky Web offense (due to the both Charizardite X and Charizardite Y providing good mixed offensive stats)
- Mega Alakazam Psychic Spam with Tapu Lele and Hoopa-U
- Plenty more than these.

Questions for the community:

* Should Mega Evolve - buff be changed to: Atk given to second teammate, Def given to third teammate, SpA given to fourth teammate, and so on?
* Is this too similar to Mix and Mega, or is this unique enough?
* If you find any other mega stones that are seemingly too OP (just like Beedrillite which makes hyperoffense too broken), please give me a shout.
* I would appreciate recommendations for the title!
* Is this capable of being coded?

Last edited:
I have no idea what this is trying to say.
Rose_Warrior said:
Booster Pack: Pokémon will have stats boosted by 1.5x according level set before battle (level becomes 100 when in battle unless level is set to be <10)

example: a level 11 shuckle turns into a 45 hp level 100 shuckle
example: a level 26 kartana turns into a 271.5(which round out to 255) atk 163.5(which rounds to 164 spd level 100 kartana
example: a level 10 pikachu keeps all of its stats the same but comes into battle as a level 10
example: a level 1 aron keeps all of its stats the same but comes into battle as a level 1
I think I fixed it and explained it better also

what is the pet mods called for these things? if they are not a thing tell me so I can elaborate more also

1.) gives each pokemon a signature move that is unique to them (like flame lash)

2.) Gives each pokemon a unique ability (like flare boost)

3.) Gives each pokemon a unique item (like lightball or stick)

4.) Gives each pokemon a resolute like form[not as interesting just a visual change]

5.) Gives each pokemon a Alolan Form [Its almost dead Why Coolman!?][also this is alolan forms]

6.) Gives pokemon with less then 3 evos a evo line [Its dead I found out V4 anyone?]

7.) gives each pokemon pre evos unless the line is more then 3 evos [basicly Complete Pokede]

8.) gives each pokemon a split evo[this is eeveed]

9.) gives each pokemon a unbound form

10.) gives each pokemon a therian form

11.) gives each pokemon a signature z move[this is called z moves everywhere its pretty popular]
still wondering if the rest have been done if not I will give the ideas

RNGIsFatal Eviolite will be cool, you can make NFEs with respectable HP much better.
Medichamite/Mawilite Kartana or Tyranitar will be fun, since they're not on banlist.
People might even use strategies like Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club in conjunction with diancite teams; hyper offense FTW!
I think this could be coded, although my level of experience with javascript is not the most impressive.

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
RNGIsFatal Eviolite will be cool, you can make NFEs with respectable HP much better.
As of NFE, I don't think there are many viable options judging from this...

upload_2017-10-6_9-6-4.png

I would say, Piloswine and Gurdurr are the only ones that may be viable, but Mamoswine does much better job fulfilling the role of wallbreaker. Gurdurr might be able to take Scald on switch and set up on fat teams but that's about it.

Medichamite/Mawilite Kartana or Tyranitar will be fun, since they're not on banlist.
People might even use strategies like Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club in conjunction with diancite teams; hyper offense FTW!
Medichamite and Mawilite are not banned because:

a. Both Mega Medicham and Mega Mawile are legal in OU
b. They gain next to no stats upon Mega Evolution, giving their team significantly less boost of stats than other Mega Stones would
c. Especiallly for Mawilite, it gives no Speed to the user and thus running Mega Mawile over other Mega's have opportunity risk

But one can still use stuff like Diggersby or regular Medicham while having Diancite support, so I will add Huge Power users to the banlist.

Alolan Marowak will have 105 base Speed after Diancie's Mega Evolution, and this is still a low Speed tier in the metagame where almost every single Pokemon will have considerable boosts in Speed from Mega's on their team. In addition, compromising bulk leaves Alolan Marowak struggle even against passive threats that it was previously able to set up on. I believe this 'mon can only function in Trick Room or whatever the heavy team support they have for it.

By the way, that reminds me. Signature items might be problematic as it is in existing OM's like Scalemons, Godly Gift, and others. I will put them on radar.

--

Thanks for feedback.

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
so how will form changes work? like ashgreninja gaining diancite stats could be very very scary but frail
For now, form changes will add on to stat boost from Mega. In Greninja-Ash's case, its stats after transformation via Battle Bond and Diancie's Mega Evolution will be:

72 / 205 / 27 / 213 / 31 / 192

I put Diancite on "(Maybe) banlist" for a reason... also if Diancite will be legal, stuff like Tapu Lele will be real issue because it just invalidates revenge killing by protecting paper-thin sweepers from priority moves. But I think it is obviously better to ban Diancite.

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
I meant all NFEs, not just the untiered ones. This would include pokemon such as ferroseed and chansey.
Probably stuff like Ferroseed will be nice to use in some occasions but I don't think this meta is gonna be like Tier Shift where NFE's are more prevalent than fully evolved ones.

I'd reckon that chansey needs a quickban, because eviolite slowbronite chansey will be too powerful.
I haven't checked clefairy's stats, but I *think* he'll be pretty good due to moveset and abilities.

Am I forgotten? I feel like nobody noticed this on the last page):
(All changes to the mod are now listed here)
(Pet Mod)

Changemons

Welcome to this pet mod! Here, people can submit changes for various things, Whether it be give a Pokémon a new move, changing the effects of a move, changing a Pokémon types stats abilities etc, and changing ability effects. The entire idea is to make a whole new meta to play, with a heck of a lot different mons, way different abilities, and even a new array of items, all with the central idea to be different than OU. Though you probably want to know what the heck the rules are. It's quite a bit simple IMO, so here:

Changing Pokémon:
  • You may buff the stats up to a BST of 570. If the BST is between 570 and 599, the limit becomes 600 (examples include Articuno and Guzzlord). If the BST is 600 or more, then you can only move the stat points around (you must lower a stat to raise another. Examples include Kommo-o and Necrozma).
  • Types may be changed, but they must have at least one of the original typings (Yanmega can be either Bug/Dragon or Flying/Dragon but it can't be Psychic/Dragon)
  • A max of four moves can be given to the Pokémon. If one wishes to add more, they must remove another existing move.
  • You can also nerf Pokémon (ie: you can nerf Blaziken and Aegislash) to make them stable. If the Pokémon being nerfed has more than 600 BST, it must be lowered to that as a maximum.
  • When picking a Pokémon to change, you have access to the entire evolution line and any formes count as one change.
Changing Moves:
  • Mostly anything can be changed about moves
  • You can buff powers, PP, change type, change effects (Mult-hit, Poisoning, all that nonsense)
  • You can also change how an effect summoned only via a move (Like Tailwind and Reflect) works.
  • The only exeption is that you can't make new effects (ie: Sky Terrain)
  • And you can't redistribute the Pokémon who get the move.
  • Oh, and don't break the moves ok?
Changing Abilities:
  • You can mostly do the same as moves
  • Do not over-complicate any of these.
  • You can't redistribute these. Use Pokémon Changes to do that.
  • Also don't break these.
Changing Items:
  • These can also do practically do anything you wish
  • Keep in mind every Pokémon can wish to run one of these.
  • Also don't break these
Submissions:
  • The submissions period will take up to 6 days.
  • Afterwards voting commences and takes up to 4 days
  • And finally, discussion phase comes taking up to 2 days.
  • You may submit up to 3 new Pokémon, move, ability, and item changes (for each category)
  • If someone has already changed a thing, it may not be changed again (unless it's an extreme case)
  • When voting, you vote for as many changes as you like. For each vote, say what thing was changed and who changed it.
  • Self-Voting is allowed, but the amount of non-self votes published must be DOUBLE the amount of self-votes.
  • The five changes of each category with the most votes get accepted into the log. If some tie, they will also get in, depending on the situation.
  • If two changes of the exact same item would win, the next one down gets in instead and a tiebreaker on the two happens during discussion phase.
  • During discussion phase, anything needed to be brought up (such as a change that got in which is completely broken) or sharing sets around the new changes can be done so.
Alright, the thing I wanna say is that, this idea was actually posted a while ago, but after reading comments I thought it wouldn't hold up with current pet mods. Later on I read the posts in the Suggestions thread and started to wonder how I could make this an easy to access thread, with easy to understand rules (this might contradict what I posted above. Tell me if it did). Now the metagame itself may be hard to understand for new players, my goal was to make something different from OU, something with more Pokémon to run, more moves to pick from, and a whole collection of items too, but not so complicated as to needing new sprites and getting new abilities and items and whatnot. I mean in all technically, we still get new things, yet they're just changes of old and forgotten things. I also removed the section on making megas, as we have "Megas for All" for that, and converted the mod to current Sub/Vote/Discuss slates (what I had before was weird ok? Getting to a specific amount of likes is innificient.)

Questions:
  • Should I extend some of the periods to some more or less days?
  • Are things too complicated right now? I want this to be easy to learn and I might have missed that.
  • Is the way I am handling voting good? Do I need to change it?
  • Is this too similar to SylveMons? If so, what can I do to become unique?
  • Am I still missing anything? I feel like every time I post, I forget something.
  • As in did I crap anything here or do anything wrong?

Last edited:
Yeah, it seems too similar to Sylvemons :[
To me, I thought it was only a bit similar, as this involves changing pokemon, and only changing existing items. I feel like SylveMons would be too similar to OU, without being able to directly change a mon. That being said, do you have any ideas for this mod?

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Questions for the community:

* Should Mega Evolve - buff be changed to: Atk given to second teammate, Def given to third teammate, SpA given to fourth teammate, and so on?
* Is this too similar to Mix and Mega, or is this unique enough?
* If you find any other mega stones that are seemingly too OP (just like Beedrillite which makes hyperoffense too broken), please give me a shout.
* I would appreciate recommendations for the title!
1) If this were to happen, then Diancite would definitely need to go. +60 Attack, +60 Special Attack, and +60 Speed with almost no drawbacks is much too powerful. I don't like it that much, though; it seems too much like regular OU.

2) This seems unique enough. MnM is having mega stones on everything, without any restrictions, while this just adds stat boosts to every team.

3) Sablenite sounds OP for stall while Diancite sounds OP for hyper offense. Pidgeotite gives +65 for Special Attack, while Lopunnite gives +60 for Attack, both of which could be problematic. Other than that, the stones are fine.

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
1) If this were to happen, then Diancite would definitely need to go. +60 Attack, +60 Special Attack, and +60 Speed with almost no drawbacks is much too powerful. I don't like it that much, though; it seems too much like regular OU.

2) This seems unique enough. MnM is having mega stones on everything, without any restrictions, while this just adds stat boosts to every team.

3) Sablenite sounds OP for stall while Diancite sounds OP for hyper offense. Pidgeotite gives +65 for Special Attack which could be problematic. Other than that, the stones are fine.
1. I have added Diancite to the banlist because the opportunity cost for running such Mega Stone is 0 if the team has Tapu Lele (which is on radar)

2. Thanks

3. Sablenite has -30 Speed so the team will have no turning back from going to stall archetype. Pidgeotite gives only 20 Speed and that is less than other Mega Stones like Alakazite or others that are meant to be built around balance teams.

1. I have added Diancite to the banlist because the opportunity cost for running such Mega Stone is 0 if the team has Tapu Lele (which is on radar)

2. Thanks

3. Sablenite has -30 Speed so the team will have no turning back from going to stall archetype. Pidgeotite gives only 20 Speed and that is less than other Mega Stones like Alakazite or others that are meant to be built around balance teams.
with pidgeotite you can have a gengar with 195 base special attack, 130 base speed and never missing Hypnosis, Thunder and Focus Blast
isn't that slightly terrifying?

RNGIsFatal

Banned deucer.
with pidgeotite you can have a gengar with 195 base special attack, 130 base speed and never missing Hypnosis, Thunder and Focus Blast
isn't that slightly terrifying?
At the same time, there are many faster threats with boosts from different Mega Stones. Also everything will gain some bulk in general.

Also this is not Mix and Mega, Mega Stones in my metagame do not pass on abilities.

Edit: does -> do

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)