Metagame Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me, I thought it was only a bit similar, as this involves changing pokemon, and only changing existing items. I feel like SylveMons would be too similar to OU, without being able to directly change a mon. That being said, do you have any ideas for this mod?
True, but i think you should add some another thing to your pet mod to distinguish better from other pet mods :]

True, but i think you should add some another thing to your pet mod to distinguish better from other pet mods :]
Cool. Added the fact that you can only distribute moves through changing a Pokémon (as in you can't change who gets the move through changing it.) And removed the rule about having to keep the same amount of Abilities when changing a mon. And the fact that you can change effects summoned by moves (like Tailwind and Reflect). Keep in mind you can't make new stuff (well, technically you can, but it's a change of an existing thing) though. Is there any other things you think I need to do to make the mod more unique?

New Pokerus
Metagame Premise
In this meta, every team will have one mon that has the Pokerus. This Pokerus grants:

- All stats are boosted by 10%.

- Use of any moves that shares the pokemon's typing (ex. Garchomp with Dragon Dance)

- Use of any abilities shared by other mons of the same typing (ex. Garchomp w/ Arena Trap from Duggy, Oblivious from Mamo, or Mold Breaker from Haxorus)

OU Clauses, 1 Uber only

New Pokerus in short: a meta with more threatening elements.

Potential bans and threat
- Non-native Huge Power and Pure Power, Beast Boost, Soul Heart, Water Bubble, Wonderguard
- Non-native V-Create, Spore, Recovery Moves, Shell Smash, Geomancy, Thousand Arrows, Extreme Evoboost
Questions for the community
What do you think? Could this be improved?
Affinity Mons
Metagame Premise
In this meta, each mon on the team receive additional STAB boost (from 10% to 50%), and Stat increases (from 5% - 10%), depending on the number of shared typings and egg groups:

- For every shared typing on the team, STAB attacks are additionally boosted by 10%. Achieving 50% boost = monotype team.
  • Every shared typing also increases the secondary effects of those STAB moves by 10%.

- For every shared egg group between the mons, every stat (excluding HP and Speed) is boosted by 5%. (ex. Mew's base Atk, Def, SpA, and SpD stats receive 25% boost if there are 5 other mons on the team are from the undiscovered egg group).

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Type
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Egg_Group
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pokémon_by_Egg_Group

Affinity Mons in short: a metagame that rewards those more restrictive and meme teams.

Potential bans and threat
Weather Rocks
Questions for the community
What do you think? Could this be improved?
I was wondering what do some people think of these proposals? I edited a lot of the details; does the Egg Group element in Affinity Mons sound too complex? Should I just toss that factor out and use just Typing to decide stat boosts?

Movepool Rotation (definitely need a name that rolls off the tongue better)

• Metagame premise. Each Pokemon's movepool is replaced with that of the team slot before it. Slot 1 uses slot 6's movepool, slot 2 uses slot 1's, etc. Adds an extra layer of depth to team building, as the player must consider how each Pokemon benefits from the movepool before it, how its movepool will benefit the Pokemon after it, and how to successfully make this "synergy chain" loop back on itself.
  • Potential bans and threats. Because a Pokemon's strength depends both on how well it can use its predecessor's movepool and how well its own movepool can be used by its successor, both should be considered when banning a Pokemon.
    • Bans:
      • Mew: With access to every TM and HM move in the game, Mew's movepool is absolutely titanic, giving whatever is in the next slot near limitless options. Additionally, Mew's solid stats across the board allow it to make use of whatever movepool is given to it.
      • Slaking: If Slaking is given access to Role Play or Skill Swap, it can rid itself of Truant and potentially even pass it off onto the opponent. Its movepool is amazing as well.
    • Potential bans:
      • Smeargle: With access to every move in the game, Smeargle is an even better movepool donor than Mew. However, while Mew's high, well-rounded stats allow it to function with whatever movepool you give it, Smeargle's stats are horrible, severely limiting its ability to do anything effectively. EDIT: Smeargle is banned. It can still function as a suidice lead, and its ability to grant access insanely rare and powerful moves like Boomburst, Geomancy, Shell Smash, and Spectral Thief make it ban-worthy.
      • Regigigas: Similar to Slaking, Regigigas can use Role Play of Skill Swap to get rid of Slow Start. However, while its physical movepool is impressive, its special movepool is rather shallow, and its status movepool is even worse, lacking even basic moves like Protect and Rest.
      • Shedinja: With potential access to Endeavor, priority, and type-changing moves, Shedinja can be extremely effective at FEAR strategies. However, it retains its usual vulnerability to weather, hazards, status, and other indirect forms of damage.
  • Questions for the community.
    • Should move legality with the original Pokemon be taken into account? For example, if a Raikou isn't Rash and shiny, should the Pokemon after it have access to Zap Cannon, Weather Ball, Aura Sphere, and Extreme Speed? Or if a Dragonite has Multiscale, should the Pokemon after it be able to use Defog?
    • Is this too similar to Follow the Leader and Chimera?
    • With the effectiveness of a given Pokemon so heavily tied to its adjacent teammates, would determining what to suspect test be too difficult? For example, let's say Exploud giving Boomburst to Mega Glalie proves to be too much to handle. How does this get addressed? Ban Exploud? Ban Mega Glalie? Ban Boomburst? Ban Boomburst + Refrigerate? Ban Mega Glalie from receiving Exploud's movepool?
    • Any ideas for a better title?

Last edited:

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

• Metagame premise. Each Pokemon's movepool is replaced with that of the team slot before it. Slot 1 uses slot 6's movepool, slot 2 uses slot 1's, etc. Adds an extra layer of depth to team building, as the player must consider how each Pokemon benefits from the movepool before it, how its movepool will benefit the Pokemon after it, and how to successfully make this "synergy chain" loop back on itself.
  • Potential bans and threats. Because a Pokemon's strength depends both on how well it can use its predecessor's movepool and how well its own movepool can be used by its successor, both should be considered when banning a Pokemon.
    • Bans:
      • Mew: Whit access to every TM and HM move in the game, Mew's movepool is absolutely titanic, giving whatever is in the next slot near limitless options. Additionally, Mew's solid stats across the board allow it to make use of whatever movepool is given to it.
      • Slaking: If Slaking is given access to Role Play or Skill Swap, it can rid itself of Truant and potentially even pass it off onto the opponent. Its movepool is amazing as well.
    • Potential bans:
      • Smeargle: With access to every move in the game, Smeargle is an even better movepool donor than Mew. However, while Mew's stats high, well-rounded stats allow it to function with whatever movepool you give it, Smeargle's stats are horrible, severely limiting its ability to do anything effectively.
      • Regigigas: Similar to Slaking, Regigigas can use Role Play of Skill Swap to get rid of Slow Start. However, while its physical movepool is impressive, its special movepool is rather shallow, and its status movepool is even worse, lacking even basic moves like Protect and Rest.
    • Should move legality with the original Pokemon be taken into account? For example, if a Raikou isn't Rash and shiny, should the Pokemon after it have access to Zap Cannon, Weather Ball, Aura Sphere, and Extreme Speed? Or if a Dragonite has Multiscale, should the Pokemon after it be able to use Defog?
    • With the effectiveness of a given Pokemon so heavily tied to its adjacent teammates, would determining what to suspect test be too difficult? For example, let's say Exploud giving Boomburst to Mega Diancie proves to be too much to handle. How does this get addressed? Ban Exploud? Ban Mega Diancie? Ban Boomburst? Ban Boomburst + Pixilate? Ban Mega Diancie from receiving Exploud's movepool?
Swoobat @ Power Herb
Ability: Simple
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Geomancy
- Stored Power
- Boomburst
- Aeroblast

Have fun...

for real though, this would make some pokemon borked, although it does sound cool

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

• Bans:
      • Mew: With access to every TM and HM move in the game, Mew's movepool is absolutely titanic, giving whatever is in the next slot near limitless options. Additionally, Mew's solid stats across the board allow it to make use of whatever movepool is given to it.
    • Potential bans:
      • Smeargle: With access to every move in the game, Smeargle is an even better movepool donor than Mew. However, while Mew's high, well-rounded stats allow it to function with whatever movepool you give it, Smeargle's stats are horrible, severely limiting its ability to do anything effectively.
    • With the effectiveness of a given Pokemon so heavily tied to its adjacent teammates, would determining what to suspect test be too difficult? For example, let's say Exploud giving Boomburst to Mega Diancie proves to be too much to handle. How does this get addressed? Ban Exploud? Ban Mega Diancie? Ban Boomburst? Ban Boomburst + Pixilate? Ban Mega Diancie from receiving Exploud's movepool?
Sounds like a cool meta, although it sounds a bit similar to Inheritance. I made a Flying Spam team featuring Head Smash + Fly Aerodactyl-Mega and Choice Specs Boomburst Porygon-Z:

Gyarados @ Icium Z
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Hurricane
- Dragon Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Noivern @ Choice Specs
Ability: Frisk
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- U-turn

Porygon-Z @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Azelf
Ability: Levitate
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Skill Swap
- Acrobatics
- Explosion

Archeops @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defeatist
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Fly
- Knock Off

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Tail
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang

Smeargle should definitely be banned, as it giving literally any moveset is very worth wasting a slot. It's not even necessarily wasted, as it can run a suicide lead set with Galvantula, Shuckle, Forretress, or other hazard setters.

Sounds like a cool meta, although it sounds a bit similar to Inheritance. I made a Flying Spam team featuring Head Smash + Fly Aerodactyl-Mega and Choice Specs Boomburst Porygon-Z:

Gyarados @ Icium Z
Adamant Nature
- Hurricane
- Dragon Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Noivern @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- U-turn

Porygon-Z @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Azelf
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Skill Swap
- Acrobatics
- Explosion

Archeops @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Fly
- Knock Off

Adamant Nature
- Aqua Tail
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang

Smeargle should definitely be banned, as it giving literally any moveset is very worth wasting a slot. It's not even necessarily wasted, as it can run a suicide lead set with Galvantula, Shuckle, Forretress, or other hazard setters.
Yeah, I think you're right about Smeargle needing to be banned. I'll edit my initial post. Also, when making a team, you put the moves you want a Pokemon to have in its actual move slots. It's just that you're limited to the movepool of the Pokemon before it. Like this:
Gyarados @ Icium Z
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Tail
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang

Noivern @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Dragon Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Porygon-Z @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- U-turn

Azelf
Jolly Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Archeops @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Skill Swap
- Acrobatics
- Explosion

Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Fly
- Knock Off

Sounds fun. I dig metas that put heavy emphasis on team composition, because it makes teambuilding more engaging and they have a tendency to partially balance themselves -- i.e. sure, you can run Boomburst Porygon-Z, but you have to slap Noivern on your team to get it.

Seriously consider a Smeargle ban -- being able to custom-design to that degree is just lame, and the power you can get out of it is disproportionate to both the effort needed to design it and the dead slot that Smeargle will represent.

Here's an idea:

(Inheriting from Charizard-M-X)
Hitmonlee @ Sitrus Berry
Ability:Unburden

-Belly Drum
-Brick Break
-Earthquake
-Frustration

Unlike Azumarill, he's not restricted by lack of speed due to unburden, and his attack is significantly higher.

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Here's an idea:

(Inheriting from Charizard-M-X)
Hitmonlee @ Sitrus Berry
Ability:Unburden

-Belly Drum
-Brick Break
-Earthquake
-Frustration

Unlike Azumarill, he's not restricted by lack of speed due to unburden, and his attack is significantly higher.
Technically, if Azu is Huge Power, it's actually higher attack, as it reaches ~Base 149.5

If these are already a thing tell me so I can add it to the list of my ideas that were already a thing.
This took a while to come up with XD

This is where I got the ideas

what is the pet mods called for these things? if they are not a thing tell me so I can elaborate more also

1.) gives each pokemon a signature move that is unique to them (like flame lash)

2.) Gives each pokemon a unique ability (like flare boost)

3.) Gives each pokemon a unique item (like lightball or stick)

4.) Gives each pokemon a resolute like form(just visual change)

5.) Gives each pokemon a Alolan Form [Its almost dead Why Coolman!?][alolan forms]

6.) Gives pokemon with less then 3 evos a evo line [Its dead I found out V4 anyone?]

7.) gives each pokemon pre evos unless the line is more then 3 evos [basicly Complete Pokedex]

8.) gives each pokemon a split evo [this is called eeveed]

9.) gives each pokemon a unbound form(or bound form)

10.) gives each pokemon a therian form( or incarnate form)

11.) gives each pokemon a signature z move[z moves everywhere is the name]

The idea behind this pet mod is to give each Pokémon signature moves that add ether flavor, utility, or in some way buffs them.

The idea behind this pet mod is to give each Pokémon a unique ability that adds ether flavor, utility, or in some way buffs them

The idea behind this pet mod is to give each Pokémon the capability to hold a item that would be unique to them or their evo line, to ether buff, add flavor, or individualize each Pokémon compared to their count parts.

The idea is to give Pokémon bound or unbound forms in order to make them ou this includes but not limited to giving unique moves that only the unbound form stat changes adding or subtracting 80 points from the bst and/or adding a type.

The idea is to give Pokémon a different roll then they normally would fill by changing stats around and giving abilities

On switch in pokemon get each others abilities and their (original) stats are redistributed ignoring hp rounded up, stats do not change until pokemon switches out, and once switched in wont change

EX: Kartana and Shuckle come in.

Kartana 59/181/131/59/31/109
Shuckle 20/10/230/10/230/5

New stats of both pokemon N/A/96/180/35/130/57

but lets say shuckle switchs and something comes in on the kartana then the kartana keeps its pitiful stats and what ever comes in has its stats averaged with kartanas original stats

I would imagine pretty much everything would be viable to some degree that was viable in some way in some meta before even sunkern could be used as a gimmick to weaken pokemon 30 across the board kinda hurts to be averaged with

Thoughts?
Does this meta make sense?
Anyway I could make things more clear?
Anyway I can shorten the sentence
Is anything banable? other then maybe blissey and chancey?
Does this sound like stall the meta?

Unity
All Pokémon in party share ability's

All for One

The general ideas of these are getting several mons that compliment one play style and then focusing it around one mon to make it unstoppable, the mon they send out will typically be hard to beat but once its beat there is no synergy to the rest of the team.

One for All

The general idea of this play style is to get several mons that compliment each other with typing, abilities, items, and moves.

Though the power ceiling is very high it would be pretty balanced as all mons are effected creativity would be rewarded to catch people off guard.

Gliscor

Furfrou

Toxipex

Clefable

Pyukumuku

Chancey

Bans: shedninja, mold breaker, Pure Power, Water Bubble all variations of these
Clauses: sleep clause, ou clause, species, ability clause.
Possible Bans: Protean, Speed Boost,Simple, Boosting Abilities(download, moxie,beastboost,soul heart)[/quote]

Pokémon can learn any move they resist, but are only aloud to use moves they resist
Meta Definers: Steel Types
Bans: Shell Smash, Shift Gear, Kartana
Unbans:Deoxys-S

Only Pokémon with a bst of 260 or lower are aloud all pokemon are level 5
Bans: Smeargle, Shedninja, starly, ohko moves, evasion boosting moves, Dragon Rage, Huge Power, Pure Power, Sonic Boom
Unbans: any pokemon with less then 400 bst if they don't get rest
suspects: starly, bidoof, yungoos
(basicly bad lc except with a minor twist)

Pokémon will have stats boosted by 1.5x according level set before battle (level becomes 100 when in battle unless level is set to be <10)

first number 1-6 first stat, any number >6 and 0 will be ignored
second number 1-6 second stat, any number >6 and 0 will be ignored

example: a level 11 shuckle turns into a 45 hp level 100 shuckle
example: a level 26 kartana turns into a 271.5(which round out to 255) atk 163.5(which rounds to 164 spd level 100 kartana
example: a level 10 pikachu keeps all of its stats the same but comes into battle as a level 10
example: a level 1 aron keeps all of its stats the same but comes into battle as a level

Ludicrousity oups my bad would fix that but im too lazy busy. However, I believe that hitmonlee's better speed and access to unburden will make up for it, as hitmonlee's not going to get outrun, and won't have to use something like aqua jet as a result.

• Bans:
    • Potential bans:
      • Smeargle: With access to every move in the game, Smeargle is an even better movepool donor than Mew. However, while Mew's high, well-rounded stats allow it to function with whatever movepool you give it, Smeargle's stats are horrible, severely limiting its ability to do anything effectively. EDIT: Smeargle is banned. It can still function as a suidice lead, and its ability to grant access insanely rare and powerful moves like Boomburst, Geomancy, Shell Smash, and Spectral Thief make it ban-worthy.
This is a super cool idea and I'll share some ideas.

Also, regarding the 2nd to last question, I'd see how broken moves like Boomburst or Head Smash become before taking action, thought they are definitely suspect. Also, Mega Diancie doesn't have Pixilate.

Also, another thing that might be a little iffy is Greninja, as Protean makes it super unpredictable. The same applies for Kecleon and Frogadier, but their stats make them way easier to handle.

Keldeo @ Life Orb / Fightinium Z
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Nasty Plot
Weavile gets Nasty Plot and a pretty good special movepool which fits Keldeo's needs quite well. It retains good STABs in Surf and Focus Blast, finally gets a good Ice move (or use Shadow Ball just cuz), and a way to boost SpA quickly in Nasty Plot. Overall pretty decent.

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Cute Charm
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Close Combat
- Poison Jab / Aqua Tail / Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance
This is just Mega Lopunny, but replace Ice Punch and Fake Out for another coverage move and Swords Dance. Not bad. Also, no stupid HJK misses.

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Infiltrator / Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Switcheroo
Chandy here unfortunately loses it's great Fire STAB (unless you really want to use HP Fire), but in return you keep your good STAB in Shadow Ball and get great BoltBeam coverage. You even get a Trick clone to cripple walls with.

Serperior @ Grassium Z / Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Energy Ball
- Overheat
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hidden Power [Ice]
It's Overheat Serp. Do you really need an explanation?

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Tail
- Knock Off / Substitute
- Coil
- Synthesis
Seismitoad is literally only here to give Weavile moves but I guess it can some sort of stallbreaker?

Weavile @ Life Orb / Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake / Low Kick / Poison Jab
- Stealth Rock
Weavile retains it's good STAB combination while gaining or retaining great Ground/Fighting/Poison/Rock coverage moves and also acts as a suicide Rocks lead.
->

Pidgeot-Mega @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Tangled Feet
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Energy Ball / Synthesis
- Nasty Plot
Shiftry is one of the few Pokemon that gives Mega Pidgeot Focus Blast and Hurricane without also being a Flying-type that stacks on Rock weaknesses. Plus, Nasty Plot and grass coverage are nice bonuses. However, Pidgeot's movepool sucks, so it's hard to pass on. Also, you're using a Shiftry in an OU based meta, so....

->

Pinsir-Mega @ Pinsirite
Ability: Aerilate
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
Lucario gives Pinsir Aerilate ESpeed for amazing revenge killing capabilities plus 3 of it's favorite moves, which s great. Also, Lucario is pretty decent and versatlie, so whatever is in the slot before it can vary.

Tapu Koko @ Electrium Z
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Volt Tackle
- something (Focus Blast? Psychic? Surf? Knock Off?)
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
It's regular Z-Wild Charge Koko, but REALLY strong. Plus, Raichu gets the speed boost from Surge Surfer.

This is a super cool idea and I'll share some ideas.

Also, regarding the 2nd to last question, I'd see how broken moves like Boomburst or Head Smash become before taking action, thought they are definitely suspect. Also, Mega Diancie doesn't have Pixilate.

Also, another thing that might be a little iffy is Greninja, as Protean makes it super unpredictable. The same applies for Kecleon and Frogadier, but their stats make them way easier to handle.
Thanks for the input. In cases like that, I guess banning the move might be the best way to go, but I'm worried that it might be hard to avoid complex bans some time down then line. Also, apparently I had Balance Hackmons on the brain when I wrote that Diancie part. I'm going to go fix that. :P

Regarding Greninja, yeah it'll be unpredictable, but it's unpredictable in OU as well. It would arguably be more predictable, since whatever movepool it ends up with is probably less diverse than its own, and Ash-Greninja probably won't be that popular since it loses access to Water Shuriken.

Late reply, I know, but better late then never :S
This looks to be pretty cool. If you're not submitting/was rejected on Shiny Shift, I would love to see this as an OM. Here are some ideas (some of which will probably get banned lol):

Slot 2 (Kartana) @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
Serious Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword
- Swords Dance

Slot 6 (Talonflame) @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Gale Wings
Docile Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Serious Kartana is slot 2 gives Talonflame 181 + (181 - 81) in Attack, which in... 281 255!.... Jeez... That should probably be banned... In return, Docile Smogonbirb gives Kartana a very good 143 Speed, which is great as Kartana's only decent speed tier kinda holds it back.

Unset (Slot 3) (Cofagrigus) @ Leftovers
Ability: Mummy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Serious Nature
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Knock Off

Slot 1 (Persian-Alola) @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bashful Nature
- Foul Play
- Roar
- Parting Shot
- Taunt
Persian's Defense: 145 + (145 - 60) = 230. The raw stat of 230 with max investment and a neutral nature is 559. 559 * 2 (Fur Coat) = 1118.
Yeah, don't forget to ban this...

(BTW Persian give Cofag 72 HP, which is alright I guess)

Slot 5 (Toxapex) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
Bashful Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes

Slot 3 (Avalugg) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Quirky Nature
- Avalanche
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
Toxapex's Defense: 184 + (184 - 152) = 216
Avalugg's Special Defense: 142 + (142 - 46) = 238
Toxapex's Bulk: 50/216/142
Avalugg's Bulk: 95/184/238

If you do this, you're a disgusting human being.

Slot 4 (Xurkitree) @ Psychium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
- Hypnosis
- Tail Glow
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball

Slot 6 (Swellow) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
Quirky Nature
- Boomburst
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Sleep Talk
Xurkitree's Speed: 125 + (125 - 83) = 167
Swellow's Special Attack: 173 + (173 - 75) = 271 255
Do I even have to explain how good this one is?

This is one crazy meta.
Yeah, Shiny Shift was unfortunately rejected, and I don't think Traitmons is codeable due to its insanely complex coding, so I might have an OM slot still open :)

As for those nasty comboes, they made me see how broken neutral natures would be and I'll say what happens with 'em later on this post.
I like your meta idea sounds interestinh, though i have a few questions about it (its kinda really complex)

I dont get this part? I think it makes it unbalanced, Why not make it like the other natures and make them share the same stat (for example a serious alomo in first slot gives lati a 165 base hp stat instead of giving it 255), why do u suddenly have to combine both stats? I think if it worked like the other natures it would be better, unless u meant something else
Yeah, the idea was that since neutral natures only target one mon they'd do twice the boosting since other natures share stats to two 'mons. But I think they're clearly broken and I'll say what happens to 'em later in this post.
  • Sorry i didnt get this point can u re-explain it?
Currently it should work like this:

Mega Heracross gives 125 Atk before Mega Evolving and 185 after Mega Evolving
Mega Heracross recieves x Spe before and after Mega Evolving

My question is if it should work like Godly Gift for Megas where after Mega Evolving the shared stat doesn't increase or if it should increase as I'm proposing.
Wait-- for nature link, couldn't it be possible to have a smeargle with like 200/180/230/20/230/160 stats
or something, by putting a pokemon with high hp (like guzzlord) in the first, high attack (like kartana) in the second, smeargle in the fourth, (nobody cares for you, Special attack) with a nature that both decreases and increases spA like serious does for attack, shuckle in the fifth, mega steelix in the third, ninjask in the last slot, etc?

This meta sounds like it could be deadlier than BH.
I guess you could do that but you're essencially wasting a team of 6 to make one 'mon broken, which doesn't really sound ideal. Idk tho, maybe I could add a rule to address stat stacking, such as you can only share 3 stats with each mon or something?

Btw, now neutral natures only target one mon still but give a 10% boost if the stat is being increased or a 10% nerf if the stat is being decreased
And now, non-neutral natures give a 10% nerf if the stat is being increased or a 10% buff if the stat is being increased

Question for the community - does this alternative solve the problem?

here's a much, much less serious movepool rotation team. I'm not going to do very much explaining, but the idea is to abuse 2 things:

-Blissey with Choice Scarf and Final Gambit to oneshot something
-Camouflage Shedinja which can dominate once all enemy Fighting moves are dealt with, so long as you avoid status

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Camouflage
- Recycle
- Hone Claws
- Fury Cutter

Blissey (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Final Gambit
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Grudge

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Healing Wish

Starmie @ Focus Sash
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Toxic

Kecleon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Liquidation
- Poison Jab
- Safeguard
- Recover

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
here's a much, much less serious movepool rotation team. I'm not going to do very much explaining, but the idea is to abuse 2 things:

-Blissey with Choice Scarf and Final Gambit to oneshot something
-Camouflage Shedinja which can dominate once all enemy Fighting moves are dealt with, so long as you avoid status

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Camouflage
- Recycle
- Hone Claws
- Fury Cutter

Blissey (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Final Gambit
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Grudge

Greninja @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Healing Wish

Starmie @ Focus Sash
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Toxic

Kecleon @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Liquidation
- Poison Jab
- Safeguard
- Recover
- I'm not sure why you have Fury Cutter on Shedinja if it's Normal type; just use Frustration.
- You don't need 255 base HP to OHKO something with Final Gambit. Most viable mons don't have more than 100 base HP, other than Chansey.
- You're stacking a lot of Normal and Water types, which is concerning.

I made a team similar to yours, but more balanced in terms of viable mons and typings.
Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Camouflage
- Safeguard
- Endeavor
- Frustration

Exploud @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Final Gambit
- Trick
- Will-O-Wisp
- Frustration

Infernape @ Choice Specs
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Sandslash @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp

Toxapex @ Assault Vest
Careful Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Seismic Toss
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab

Florges (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Haze
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes

It also has the infamous Endeavor Shedinja. On a side note, Endeavor Shedinja could be pretty terrifying if it inherits anything with priority as well. Viable users include Crawdaunt, Mamoswine and Keldeo.

Yeah, endeavor shedinja is pretty OP.
Out of curiosity, are there any pokemon with access to belly drum and eSpeed? That would be pretty fun to use on some normal types (like snorlax) due to STAB priority +6 attacks.

also, i'm thinking that conversion is probably a better move for shedinja, because porygon-z/2 actually have respectable stats.

Last edited:
Credit for current working code should go to urkerab, Spandan, and charizard8888, although I'm not quite sure whether to tag them here or not.
Tagging Snaquaza because it was his idea for a metagame.

Frantic Fusions
Note: this is a nickname based metagame
Metagame premise: This is an OU-based metagame where the basic concept is that you may create fusions of any legal Pokemon at your own discretion. This concept is already seen in Fusion Evolution, and has been around essentially since the public release of Pokemon itself. Hell, even Gamefreak decided to do a thing or two with it. (Black/White Kyurem) As such, this is long overdue to receive its own Gen 7 Metagame.
Further explanation of mechanics: The stats of fused Pokemon are determined by averaging the stats of the two used to create said fusion. To fuse two Pokemon, simply replace the name of a base Pokemon with the name of the Pokemon you want to fuse with. Abilities, movepool, and typing will be covered in "The Section Concerning Abilities, Movepool, and Typing."
It sounds complicated, but in reality it's fairly simple. Take Pokemon A and Pokemon B, for example:

B (A) @ Leftovers
Ability: abilityx
EVs: (insert some ev spread here)
- moveslot1
- moveslot2
- moveslot3
- moveslot4

Here you can see that the base Pokemon in question is A. The Pokemon being fused with is B. Their stats will be averaged, and their movepools merged. EV's should be self explanatory.
Abilities - Abilities are slightly more complicated. You will still choose an ability for Pokemon A. Say it has three abilities, abilityx/abilityy/abilityz. You can choose one of said abilities from Pokemon A. However, as you are naming Pokemon A "B", you will not be able to choose an ability from Pokemon B. Say that Pokemon B has 3 abilities, abilitya/abilityb/abilityc. You will receive "abilitya". Essentially you now have a combination of the ability you chose from Pokemon A and the first ability of Pokemon B.
Typing - Typing is considered based on the two Pokemon in question. (Well, obviously.) In this example, the typing will be determined by the primary typing of Pokemon A and the primary typing of Pokemon B. However, if it is shiny, it will change to the primary typing of Pokemon A and the secondary typing of Pokemon B.

The above explanation may still not be quite clear. Therefore, providing an example is in order. Take, for instance, Kabutops and Bisharp.

If you want to fuse Bisharp into Kabutops, this is what it would look like in the teambuilder.

Take this set, for example. Kabutop's ability is selected as Weak Armor, and Bisharp's primary ability is Defiant. Therefore when it enters battle, it have both Weak Armor and Defiant. It's current typing is Rock/Dark, since Kabutop's primary typing is Rock and Bisharp's primary typing is Dark. Averaging the stats of the two will give 62 / 120 / 102 / 62 / 70 / 75. As for its moves, it naturally gets Stone Edge, Knock Off, and Swords Dance, while it receives Sucker Punch from Bisharp.
Here is said example visualized using the command on ROM:

Changing it to Shiny will change its typing to Rock/Steel, since Bisharp's secondary typing is Steel.

Potential bans and threats:
As it is an unofficial meta, current bans are of course not official. However they are as follows:
- Swoobat (Simple + Stored Power sets)
- Shedinja (Wonder Guard)
- Shadow Tag (Wobbuffet and Wynaut are arguably far more broken in Frantic Fusions)
- Assist (too easy to abuse)
- Pure/Huge Power (should be fairly obvious, stuff like Medicham would be scary with added stuff to their movepools. Think STAB Espeed Azumarill.)

Frantic Fusions is already playable on ROM and DH, and as such already has a playerbase. Therefore it is far easier to identify prominent threats.
Preemptive:
- Kyurem-B (A decent movepool along with excellent stats are two reasons why this Pokemon is such a threat)
- Eviolite users (Eviolite users such as Type:Null, Togetic, Chansey, etc. are normally held back by shallow movepool, bad stat distribution, typing, or some other factor that hinders their usage and viability. However, being able to fuse with fully evolved Pokemon, change their typing, and get better moves, and still retain Eviolite is a huge factor in their boost in viability.)
- Speed Boost (Simply plows through unprepared teams.)
- Unaware users (Altering stats and movepools is the key here. This is a meta that is quite unforgiving to the average player who expects to win with whatever fast setup they have.)

Questions:
- Is Frantic Fusions a good enough name for this metagame?
- Is this idea original enough to warrant its own metagame?
- How should stuff like a viability ranking and banning philosophy be addressed?

Q: How does Frantic Fusions work?
A: Why people don't know how to use /om is beyond me.

Q: How are special items handled?
A: Special items (i.e Light Ball, Thick Club, etc.) work, same as Eviolite, as long as the base Pokemon in question is the one that can wield said item, meaning it'd be alright for a Marowak named Kyurem-B to use a Thick Club, but it would have no effect vice-versa.

Q: Do abilities stack?
A: Long story short, no. However, if you mega-evolve and you gain an ability that you already possess, then yes they will stack. (i.e if you had a Marowak with Rock Head and you fused it with an Aerodactyl, whose primary ability is Rock Head, they would not stack. However, mega-evolving a Charizard named Barbaracle using a Charizardite-X will yield a Pokemon with double Tough Claws.) However, abilities with similar effects but different names will stack, such as Shadow Shield and Multiscale.

Q: Where can I play Frantic Fusions?
A: ROM or Dragon Heaven.

Resources:
You can manually fuse if you want. However, it's advisable to go to ROM or Dragon Heaven to do so for the sake of convenience
To fuse by command on ROM:*

To fuse using Abyssal Bot on ROM:

To fuse by command on Dragon Heaven:**

*Note: I prefer to use /dt because the bot command is entirely case sensitive and will ignore you if you spell a single thing wrong, whereas directly inputting the command will usually be able to ignore spelling errors and the like.
**Another note: Dragon Heaven's command is also case sensitive

OP Note: DH code is pretty glitchy. Can't give any specifics, but there are definitely weird bits in DH's code.

Last edited:
It also has the infamous Endeavor Shedinja. On a side note, Endeavor Shedinja could be pretty terrifying if it inherits anything with priority as well. Viable users include Crawdaunt, Mamoswine and Keldeo.
Yeah, endeavor shedinja is pretty OP.
To be fair, Shedinja is still super weak to indirect damage, and it's not like Balance Hackmons where you can just slap Defog or Magic Bounce on whatever. I'm definitely putting it on the watchlist, though.

fanyfan

i once put 42 mcdonalds chicken nuggets in my anus
Pet Mod idea
Super Pokemon Bros

The Premise:
To take the characters and items from the Super Smash Bros games and turn it into a pet mod

So how this would work is different for new mons and items.

Mons: In order to become a new Mom, the character must have made an appearance in at least one Super Smash Bros game as a playable fighter. The new mons would be divided up into four slates: Typing, Abilities, Stats, and Movepool. During each slate, the community would submit their ideas then vote on them like a lot of Pet Mods work. After the four slates are completed, the new mon is finished. Then, it moves on to an item slate.

Items: In order to qualify to become a new item, the item needs to have appeared in at least one Super Smash Bros game. There is just one slate for the items which is the effect of the item. Items can potentially have the same/similar effect to an already existing item, or it can do something completely new. After a new item is made, it moves onto another mon slate.

- Would this be too similar to Pokécomics, a dead pet mod? I tried to make it different by having the new characters come from a different source and adding items as well. Is that enough?

- How should the new item/Mom order work? Should it be like I have it laid out here (mon/item/mon/item/etc.)? Should it be different (for instance: mon/item/item/mon/item/item)?

- Is this bad pun of a name sufficient to show what this pet mod is like?

Cavalry

Metagame Premise: Your pokemon ride each other like knights on horses and do battle that way.

Explanation: Doubles Based

Half your team are mounts and the other half are riders. You always need one rider and one mount on the field. If you switch a mount out, you have to switch the rider out too (and vice versa). If a mount faints, the rider faints too (and vice versa).

The rider is treated as having the same speed as their mount.

All attacks are treated as spread moves.

Wide Guard is banned (as all attacks are spread moves and it locks spread moves).

Threats:

Slow attackers don’t have to worry about speed with the right mount. Similarly, mon who are fast, but have poor offenses, can donate their speed and allow their rider to take care of damage. Bilk also has an advantage here, as frail pokemon who faint to easily also take their partner with them.

Questions:

Is this codable?

Are there more changes that should be made to give the right feel and amount of fun?

Is there anything else worthy of quickbanning?

How should mounts vs. Riders be decided?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)