Project ZU Player of the Week - Tuthur

Jett

gn gobodachis
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
ZU_Player_Of_The_Week.png

Approved by 5gen & S1nn0hC0nfirm3d | Amazing Art by Albatr0ss
(Interview Date: 26th of June 2021)

hattrem.png

Hey frens and welcome back to ZU Player of the Week. This project will feature interviews from some of the most prominent personalities in ZU so that we can discover more about their Pokémon and personal lives. I am grateful that I will have the chance to interview so many amazing ZU players and I hope that you enjoy these as much as I do. This week's guest is another ZU moderator who is not czim...

jigglypuff.gif

Tuthur!!
Favourite Pokemon: :jigglypuff:
(ZU Moderator, ZU Council Member, Badge Collector, Cottonee Enthusiast, Skribblio Expert)

ditto.png

Ditto used Transform!
Ditto transformed into Jigglypuff!

jigglypuff.png

*jig a lee puff*

hattrem.png

bon après-midi monsieur Tuthur, how are you doing today :)
(Good afternoon Mr Tuthur)

jigglypuff.png

bonne après-midi mademoiselle Jett, I'm fine. Just finished watching a movie on Netflix.
(Good afternoon Miss Jett)

hattrem.png

ah that's great to hear, what movie was it :o?

jigglypuff.png

Taken
I randomly clicked on it on Netflix and I enjoyed it

hattrem.png

that's good
To get things started as usual, could you tell the community and I a little bit about yourself outside of Smogon?

jigglypuff.png

I'm a 20 y/o french man who studies Computer Sciences to become an engineer.

hattrem.png

Sounds like fun. How did first stumble across PS/Smogon?

jigglypuff.png

When I was in middle school, I heard through Youtube videos from Azelma (former french Pokétuber) that a competitive Pokémon scene existed through Smogon. After Pokémon XY, I was so disappointed by the game that I decided I wouldn't buy any Pokémon game and that I should quit these games. That's how I didn't buy ORAS, however I liked the Pokémon franchise too much so I gave a try to competitive Pokémon by breeding on my cartridge. That was extremely unfun, so I stopped and started watching a french Poketuber who had almost no subscribers in Fildrong. I enjoyed a lot his content and he kept talking about Showdown, so I googled what it as and that's how I ended up on PS!, 2 years after hearing about competitive Pokémon for the first time.

hattrem.png

Breeding was a pain in older generations for sure.
After finally trying out PS, what drew you into playing ZU over other tiers/metagames

jigglypuff.png

The Pokétuber I first watched, Azelma, loved lower tiers and shitmons, so I wanted to try it like her. The only mon I bred even was an Audino, so I ended up trying out ORAS PU with very mediocre teams. After keeping losing to random threats, I watched a video from Fildrong on teambuilding who said I needed to be sure I cover every threat with my team and drew a list of every mon I faced on PU ladder and build a team making sure I covered them all. With this team I climbed very high on the ORAS PU ladder and won a lot of room tours. Someone even used it in ORAS PU Cup this year and beat tlenit with it kek.
When SM came out, I ended up roaming between different tiers but I was too bad and my teams didn't work which caused me a lot of frustration. I ended up maining a french mixed tier like named UTA, until its popularity fell off. Meanwhile, I casually played ZU games on the ZU server. Despite it being extremely small, my timezone not working with most users, and my english being shit, I enjoyed playing it because it was almost like ORAS PU.
In may 2018, ZU got a ladder for OMotM and the number of players skyrocketted. Since this moment, I stuck with this community.

hattrem.png

damn quite the journey you've been through there, also your english is a pretty good now so that's pretty cool

jigglypuff.png

it has been a lot of work to get to this level of english. PS! has been tremendously helpful in that regard

hattrem.png

i can tell, it's certainly paid off
Gonna quickly fast forward to SS ZU now, what are your thoughts on the current metagame, and what do you think of the potential shifts that are going to happen in a few days time?

jigglypuff.png

Current meta is alright. Silvally formes, especially Ground, are too restricting in my opinion, and Grassy Terrain is a broken archetype in my opinion as there are very few things stopping a boosted Swoobat or Thievul. Losing Garbodor will be huge, as Garbo is extremely helpful to absorb Knock Off for Tangela and get chips in order scarfers or priority users to revenge kill threats. On the other hand, Arctovish and Snowslash would be interesting additions. Arctovish will most likely get quickbanned, even if we'll probably let it run rampage for some days. Snowslash would be amazing imo due to the role compression and versatility it seems to have on paper.

hattrem.png

Ya, looking forward to receiving alola slash as well, and I agree losing Garbodor will change the landscape massively
As a whole do you prefer Gen 7 or Gen 8 ZU and why?

jigglypuff.png

SSZU without a doubt. I really dislike the Z-move mechanic and overall I think the SSZU metagame is more balanced.

hattrem.png

That's definitely an opinion that I can respect since Z moves are fun albeit p broken
As someone who has used as fair bit of Grassy Terrain and had their own spin on it, I'm designating you the title of Cottonee propagandist; could you explain why Cottonee should be ranked on the ZU Viability Rankings?

jigglypuff.png

Cottonee is the sole mon with access to Grassy Terrain and Memento. Thanks to Prankster, it can often use both, giving a free setup turn to Grassy Seed sweepers including Galarian Rapidash, Swoobat, Thievul, Drifblim, Flapple, and Cofagrigus. Encore and Taunt also lets it take advantage of passive foes that would cripple sweepers with status moves like Thunder Wave or Encore and setup users. The only downside of Cottonee is its weakness to Dark-types which is shared with the Grassy Seed sweepers.

hattrem.png

Definitely a fair share of unique qualities that the mon has so it will be interesting to see whether it does get ranked in the next update
Aside from Grassy Terrain has there been anything else you've been experimenting with?

jigglypuff.png

I've been experimenting with uncommon Silvally formes especially Birb Vally, as well as Electric Terrain to see if it was as problematic as Grassy Terrain (it is far from being). I'm also known for my Lapras RMT, which was a very anti meta pick a month ago. I'm not building much these days due to tier shift though.

hattrem.png

That's fair enough, and ye we've definitely had a lot more variation in silvallies being used recently to different levels of success
I have a few couple quickfire questions now
Marry, ban, demote: 5gen, Ho3nC0nfirm3d, Apagogie

jigglypuff.png

why would you do this to me? u_u
Marry: Apagogie, french community solidarity
Ban: Ho3n, don't eat raw onions
Demote: 5gen, time for fresh blood lol

hattrem.png

lmao great answer
You've hacked into gamefreak's database and can edit Jigglypuff, how would you make this Pokemon viable in ZU.

jigglypuff.png

LOL
I think I'd based it on Melee's Jigglypuff. So it would have a Fairy-type signature move with 300 base power that causes poison to the foe and sleep to the user. For stats, I'd buff Speed to 120 and Attack to 70. I'd give it Regenerator as it seems this character is always able to recover if you don't outright eject it.

hattrem.png

With such buffs and still being able to use Eviolite, it's safe to say this might be a little "too" viable in ZU
but great answer nonetheless

jigglypuff.png

idk if this would be too much, attack and bulk is still overwhelming
i haven't calced though lol
i think this would still be bad because of garbo and tangela

hattrem.png

lmao interesting take
one last fun question before we move on, what makes you such a good skribblio player and what advice can you give to Temporal Totodile on how to improve

jigglypuff.png

i really have no clue lol. My internet isn't even quick. My irl friends ask me this question often also.

hattrem.png

Hmm I see, maybe one day I'll see you not finish in first place for once :P
Outside of mons, do you have any other hobbies and do you play any other games?

jigglypuff.png

I enjoy hanging out with my friends but i don't really have any other hobby. I play a ton of Among Us with french pokefriends, and sometimes I play old games I used to play when I was under 10 in Age of Mythology and Heroes of Might and Magic, but I'm super bad at them.

hattrem.png

That's fair enough and also very interesting that you play old games
Do you mind leaking who is the most sus french user?

jigglypuff.png

Louna
pire impo
(worst impostor)

hattrem.png

lmao rip them

jigglypuff.png

kek

hattrem.png

Do you have any favourite shows, movies, and songs?

jigglypuff.png

I don't watch shows, so can't answer. I love thriller movies like Shutter Island, Split, Cube and The Platform, and I watch a lot of them on Netflix. I mostly listen to rap/hiphop music in french and english and I enjoy a ton of different artists. The projects I've been liking the most this year are Clouds from NF, in english, and Don Dada: Mixtape vol. 1, in french.

hattrem.png

Haven't seen all those movies but they seem very fun. Never heard of the french song but I'll be sure to give it a listen after this interview!

jigglypuff.png

It's very different from the french music I gave you nicknames from kek

hattrem.png

ah I see loool
Okay, let's wrap this up with you showing us a team you've built recently with a brief description?

jigglypuff.png

:basculin: :butterfree: :gourgeist:(small) :miltank: :rhydon: :silvally-flying:(flying)
So this a flying spam, the goal is to weaken Flying-resists such as Rhydon, Coal and Electric types with Butterfree so FlyingVally can wallbreak late game. Gourg, Miltank and Rhydon provide a sort of defensive core, checking most threats, while Basculin is Speed control.
There are other elements that have been taken into account during teambuilding but I'll keep this short.

hattrem.png

Thank you for sharing

jigglypuff.png

np

hattrem.png

Before we end this interview, is there anything else you'd like to say or anyone you'd like to shout out?

jigglypuff.png

I'd like to thank everyone in the ZU community that have been allowing the tier to be how it is now. I've been working with a lot of different people to build teams, write analysis, manage the room, etc ..., so anyone who did something for this tier deserves a shout out. especially laevin for inventing Scarf Vulpix Alola in Alpha SS ZU

hattrem.png

Amazing, thank you for taking some time out of your day to answer these questions!

jigglypuff.png

np, that was fun Jettrem
:heart:

Feel free to ask to Tuthur any questions you want!

1. why are you called choo choo?
2. why are you better at English than me?
3. why do you hate oras zu (goat zu gen) so much when you started off playing oras pu
4. which badge are you collecting next?
5. give me advice pleaseeee on scribblio, I need to beat jett
6. nfe smells

thanks for the shoutout but im a bit surprised you didnt mention the fact I used to endlessly own you on former oras pu ladder. I think you were at your peak back then.
Questions now
1- Nulthur or Connarthur?
2- How did it feel to graduate from Webs in late oras/early sm?
3- Do you remember stevphie and fucking webs+twave misdreavus and why do I still have nightmares about it?
4- why do you still hate on scarf alolapix? (6-0d sun when it was broken hence was viable)
5- If Jett interviews a Ditto every time does that mean all these interviews are fake and merely fanfics straight out of her mind?
6- Can you share a viable squad instead (the kind that doesn't have no boots butterfree w/o hazard control)?
7- Why are you such a simp ?
8- Can you write an essay about who is the worst PS! user and why it's Marjane?
9- What keeps you playing mons despite having real life obligations? Is it the playerbase, the ZU metagames, anything else?
10- Name your favorite gobo, barba atun isnt allowed

Tuthur

haha
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Do u mind if I write a apa x tuthur fic ?
I don't. However, I think you've something else to finish beforehands.
toi aussi dans la zone tu fumes la fusée ?
Personne ne peut me canaliser.
t bo tuthur
Mercé. Toi aussi.
1. why are you called choo choo?
2. why are you better at English than me?
3. why do you hate oras zu (goat zu gen) so much when you started off playing oras pu
4. which badge are you collecting next?
5. give me advice pleaseeee on scribblio, I need to beat jett
6. nfe smells
1. One night, people asked about how to pronounce Tuthur in the ZU discord server. I told them to ask Google Translate, and apparently, the french voice pronounces "Tuthur" as "Choochoo" (which is wrong!). Phonetically, Tuthur is pronounced [tytyr].
2. I'd like to know.
3. I think ZU old gens (bar SM) are extremely underdevelopped and thus not interesting to play.
4. Probably TC (I really wish Exeggutor and Shifry votes from SM could count), but I could get shiny badges from translation first. However, the badge I'm the most looking for is Ho3n's and 5gen's CL.
5. it's spelled skribbl.io
6. agree
Yo t'es dispo, j'aurais besoin de toi pour une relectuthur
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/cap-chromera-gp-1-1.3686755/post-8899474
thanks for the shoutout but im a bit surprised you didnt mention the fact I used to endlessly own you on former oras pu ladder. I think you were at your peak back then.
This is true, but anecdotal.
1- Nulthur or Connarthur?
2- How did it feel to graduate from Webs in late oras/early sm?
3- Do you remember stevphie and fucking webs+twave misdreavus and why do I still have nightmares about it?
4- why do you still hate on scarf alolapix? (6-0d sun when it was broken hence was viable)
5- If Jett interviews a Ditto every time does that mean all these interviews are fake and merely fanfics straight out of her mind?
6- Can you share a viable squad instead (the kind that doesn't have no boots butterfree w/o hazard control)?
7- Why are you such a simp ?
8- Can you write an essay about who is the worst PS! user and why it's Marjane?
9- What keeps you playing mons despite having real life obligations? Is it the playerbase, the ZU metagames, anything else?
10- Name your favorite gobo, barba atun isnt allowed
1- lamevin
2- I sucked at the game when I couldn't use broken ORAS Webs. So I felt bad ;___;
3- I don't, but I'm glad you still have nightmares.
4- I don't. I just enumerated everything you did for ZU.
5- ._.
6- https://pokepast.es/30cdb8c6c9957e8b I won a roomtour on salty with it.
7- Ask Marjane and Jett. idk which sorcery they used to have me under their thumbs.
8- Marjane shares a lot of traits with one of my irl best friend, that's why I like her so much. However, my irl friend only knows Charizard and Pikachu, making her a terrible PS! user.
9- I don't have real life obligations u_u. Nonetheless, if I ever can't afford to spend as much time on PS! and Smogon as now, I'll make ZU my priority (rip translations).
10-
1624810031478.png

et ça fait?
Bim Bam Boum, des Chocapics, et Zumba Cafew

1/ Your top 900 of your favourite Pokemons
2/ Train Pour Bandol ou Bande Organisée ?
3/ Can you sing Bande Organisée in german when we are in vocal please

4/ Who is the best flooder of the world and why it's RoiDadadou ?
5/ Who is the worst impostor after Louna ?
6/ Who is the worst crewmate ?
7/ League 3 is good ? :psysly:
8/ You want to cap the next ZUPL ?
9/ What's your main tier between SS ZeroUsed and SS Free For All Monotype Shared Power ?
10/ Can you send a picture of you in Bandol ?
11/ Can you buy the Nintendo Online to be 12th in Mario Kart please ? Wait no, 11th, 12th place is for Bekaray my bad

Tuthur

haha
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
1/ Your top 900 of your favourite Pokemons
2/ Train Pour Bandol ou Bande Organisée ?
3/ Can you sing Bande Organisée in german when we are in vocal please

4/ Who is the best flooder of the world and why it's RoiDadadou ?
5/ Who is the worst impostor after Louna ?
6/ Who is the worst crewmate ?
7/ League 3 is good ? :psysly:
8/ You want to cap the next ZUPL ?
9/ What's your main tier between SS ZeroUsed and SS Free For All Monotype Shared Power ?
10/ Can you send a picture of you in Bandol ?
11/ Can you buy the Nintendo Online to be 12th in Mario Kart please ? Wait no, 11th, 12th place is for Bekaray my bad
1/ No
2/ Train pour Bandol
3/ eh, I'll try
4/ Roi is pretty impressive at flooding but Apagogie is even more impressive, or even laevin in suu.
5/ Neco0s
6/ Palapapop
7/ I'm not going back down to L3 >:( Miauz Genau have seen better days and I think it's time for the team to retire.
8/ idk, I may be once again Ho3n's assman.
9/ SS ZU without a doubt.
10/ I've never been to Pastis Pastis Bandol.
11/ Ah, ah, ah. No ! I won't buy Nintendo Online because I won't use it much and I'm trash at Smash and MK (even Bekaray may be better).
Auriez-vous des conseils à prodiguer à quiconque souhaiterait rejoindre le cercle fermé des éminents modérateurs smogon ?
l2p
Top 10 Best Anime According To Tuthur, No Clickbait.
First, I'd like to say I'm not that much into animes unlike weebs like laevin and DurzaOffTopic.
1- Hunter X Hunter
2- One Piece
3- One Punch Man
4- Berserk
5- Gunm
6- Monster
7- Death Note
8- Full Metal Alchemist
9- Assassination Classroom
10- Attack on Titans

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)