XY UU Viability Ranking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Out of place comments basically covering responses to my post 2 pages ago. So, bear with me:

Taehl , I should feel ashamed of myself for missing Roserade considering I've always said it's a great response to Florges... *facepalm*

Rotosect , yeah...no. Iron Tail is not a terrible move on Salamence this generation. Was Poison Jab a good move on Haxorus last generation? Hell no. Is it now? Absolutely. If this was last generation, I would agree with you 100% that Iron Tail is a terrible option on Salamence. However, you have a move that is super effective against a type that is immune to your STAB. Um, yeah, I'm definitely giving that consideration if it can actually OHKO or 2HKO most Pokemon of that type. That's why Haxorus runs Poison Jab. That's why Salamence should run Iron Tail most of the time (or Steel Wing if you hate the accuracy) Also, Steel Wing not KOing my Florges in that replay only attests to how viable physically defensive Florges really is. Look at the rest of the team I used in that replay. If I run specially defensive Florges, I have one check to Salamence... with no reliable recovery. Besides, switching Salamence into Florges isn't exactly a smart move. Obviously, my opponent though I was specially defensive when I wasn't. That, and I had to predict a switch with Wish on the switch to make sure I could stay alive in case of a worst case scenario (my Salamence dying before his Heracross got KOed) If I don't do that, Steel Wing effectively KOes Florges thanks to Poison damage and he has a high chance of beating me with Heracross, in which case, his Salamence would have done its job.

How is Raikou in the same tier as Shuckle. What. Either move Raikou up or Shuckle down, because that's total nonsense. Especially when Raikou is a top tier threat with great matchups against omnipresent pokemon like Mega Blastoise, Tornadus-T, Suicune, Slowbro, Hawlucha etc. It's one of the best revenge killers currently out there and basically mandatory on any VoltTurn team that doesn't want to use their Mega Slot on Mega Manectric.
Yeah, can we please see Shuckle drop? Maybe to C? Because I'm finding it very hard to find a niche for this thing. All I can really see is Stealth Rocks + Sticky Web, though I feel Sticky Web teams already have a ton of different Pokemon that already set up Stealth Rocks much better. (Nidoqueen, Metagross, and Jirachi are some that come to mind.) While it does have amazing defensive stats, lack of recovery and a terrible HP stat mean Shuckle is finding itself commonly 3HKO'd on a lot of teams. Finally, Sticky Web itself has dropped in viability due to the addition of 5 new Rapid Spinners to the tier. Overall, while it does have it's niche, I feel like this thing has no where near the same viability as brutes like Raikou and Entei.

Shuckle was barely holding onto its viability when it was the only decent/good user of Sticky Web. Now we've got Smeargle who is a bastard in setting up hazards besides Sticky Web and Galvantula who's got some nasty offensive presence to back up Sticky Web. Shuckle still has a very very very small niche in being able to set up Sticky Web and Stealth Rock multiple times (Smeargle is pretty much limited to one shot), but on the whole the two drops push Shuckle to C or D.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Just saying, but in the op you missed out alomomola's name, only its mini sprite is there.

First of all, i agree with the shuckle and vivillon drop that was mentioned a few page ago. Seeing these below amoongus hurts

Also i propose, Ditto to B- or C+ (currently b+, somehow). Ditto has never been too amazing and this gen it hasn't got any buffs at all. It is for haxorus or the new mence, but other wise, it isnt great. It doesnt copy halwucha's unburden boost, and other than the dragons (maybe mienshoa) most of the s-pokes dont do much to themselves and are lot are defensive, so ditto cannot do much. a-rank is similar, only really chandy, nidos, zygarde and starmie can do much to themselves. Even if it copies megas, the only decent one that can do something to itself is absol, and you can easily switch into the appropriate mon to take a play rough/superpower. Ditto is also predictable, you know its going to be choice scarf and you can predict what move it will locks itself into.

The only use it has is to revenge kill dd haxorus/mence/zygarde, it then gets hard countered if the opponent has a fairy type after it has locked itself into outrage/dragon calw. Idek how ditto got that high

Just saying, but in the op you missed out alomomola's name, only its mini sprite is there.

First of all, i agree with the shuckle and vivillon drop that was mentioned a few page ago. Seeing these below amoongus hurts

Also i propose, Ditto to B- or C+ (currently b+, somehow). Ditto has never been too amazing and this gen it hasn't got any buffs at all. It is for haxorus or the new mence, but other wise, it isnt great. It doesnt copy halwucha's unburden boost, and other than the dragons (maybe mienshoa) most of the s-pokes dont do much to themselves and are lot are defensive, so ditto cannot do much. a-rank is similar, only really chandy, nidos, zygarde and starmie can do much to themselves. Even if it copies megas, the only decent one that can do something to itself is absol, and you can easily switch into the appropriate mon to take a play rough/superpower. Ditto is also predictable, you know its going to be choice scarf and you can predict what move it will locks itself into.

The only use it has is to revenge kill dd haxorus/mence/zygarde, it then gets hard countered if the opponent has a fairy type after it has locked itself into outrage/dragon calw. Idek how ditto got that high
I think that somewhere around B is fine. It still does its job well, but it is very one dimensional and predictable. I actually like to run it on stall teams, as a backup option in case the opponent gets a sweep going.

Tornadus-T and Salamence are both now in S rank. Both pokemon that Mega Manectric has an easy time ohkoing, with salamence not even being able to ohko with earthquake after dragon dance and intimidate taken into consideration if megatric decides to go 160 hp. Can we at least move him up to A+? Lots of people have made good discussion points as to why he deserves it, and now that Zapdos has left the tier a good portion of the counterargument has gone. With Chansey and Latios also gone, two of his counters are also no longer here and he provides a very good answer to Starmie Trevenant and Tentacruel. I still think he is S rank worthy due to the huge number of top tier pokemon threatened by him but at least A+ makes sense. Not having recovery/ not being able to boost his attack outside of lightningrod/electric terrain are fair enough reasons to keep him from the top spot I guess... kinda.

Tornadus-T and Salamence are both now in S rank. Both pokemon that Mega Manectric has an easy time ohkoing, with salamence not even being able to ohko with earthquake after dragon dance and intimidate taken into consideration if megatric decides to go 160 hp. Can we at least move him up to A+? Lots of people have made good discussion points as to why he deserves it, and now that Zapdos has left the tier a good portion of the counterargument has gone. With Chansey and Latios also gone, two of his counters are also no longer here and he provides a very good answer to Starmie Trevenant and Tentacruel. I still think he is S rank worthy due to the huge number of top tier pokemon threatened by him but at least A+ makes sense. Not having recovery/ not being able to boost his attack outside of lightningrod/electric terrain are fair enough reasons to keep him from the top spot I guess... kinda.
Im just going to say that using 160 HP is not good for mega-Manetric, since Speed is his best attribute. running 252+, 216+ or 160+ in speed is normally best. (216+ outspeeds Jolteon and 160+ outspeeds Noivern at 252+ respectively)

I'd like to nominate Typhlosion to somewhere in between B to A-. Specs (the only set you should really use) is insanely powerful. Whether you're firing off full health Eruptions or Blaze Fire Blasts, Typhlosion hits super hard. Its not slow at 100 Speed so it can hold its own against some offensive teams and do a number on balance. If you can keep rocks off the field and get Typhlosion in safely it is going to do damage to you opponent's team.

I only have one replay as of right now, but I think it shows that if you can get it in, stuff goes down. ignore my bad plays in the beginning ;)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uubeta-98801650

try it out!

I'd like to nominate Typhlosion to somewhere in between B to A-. Specs (the only set you should really use) is insanely powerful. Whether you're firing off full health Eruptions or Blaze Fire Blasts, Typhlosion hits super hard. Its not slow at 100 Speed so it can hold its own against some offensive teams and do a number on balance. If you can keep rocks off the field and get Typhlosion in safely it is going to do damage to you opponent's team.

I only have one replay as of right now, but I think it shows that if you can get it in, stuff goes down. ignore my bad plays in the beginning ;)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uubeta-98801650
try it out!
Eruption is a niche. A good niche, but still a niche. B- is the highest rating you could give it. Dont forget that A-Vest slowbro and CM Suicune walls it completly (both are common) If you cant stop Hazards, that niche get wasted, and phazers destroy it aswell.

252 SpA Choice Specs Typhlosion Eruption (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Suicune: 144-170 (35.6 - 42%) -- 88.7% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Typhlosion Eruption (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Slowbro: 130-153 (32.9 - 38.8%) -- 99.8% chance to 3HKO

Delphox - Why use this over Victini, ever? More powerful non-fire special moves? Completely irrelevant due to Victini's better movepool (with higher bp and coverage) and ability to use the physical spectrum effectively. Guaranteed to outspeed base 100s with a speed-increasing nature? Honestly only relevant when against a max speed LO shaymin with EP, and I don't see this as being enough for Delphox to be on the list. Magician? From experience, it's more hindering to have this ability than helpful, as the ability leads to bad gimmicky sets or the opponent takes advantage of it (ex. opponent switches in a fire-resistant mon to take your white herb Overheat that happens to have a choice band, limiting what Delphox can do, thus making it a lot more predictable).
The Delphox case is tricky. Victini overshadows it even in the special set because:
-Blue Flare > Fire Blast.
-Even with you run Fire Blast (to evade illegalities), Delphox one has 85% accuracy, Victini has 93.5% accuracy.
-Better CM user because it can attempt to tank. Delphox CAN'T be a tank.
-Less necessity of Will-o-wisp (CM Searing Shot hurts)
-Some extra option (V-Create around, U-turn, Thunderbolt, 77% Thunder, 77% Focus Blast).

But I think C is fine because:
-114 Special Attack niche over.
-104 Speed means more than 114.
-Mystical Fire (has its uses).
-The "overshadowed rule" is less important in UU because tier shifts.

252 SpA Delphox Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Abomasnow: 748-888 (194.7 - 231.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Victini Blue Flare vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Abomasnow: 816-960 (212.5 - 250%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Meh, Victini's Blue Flare does more even despite its lower SpA, so you want those extra points for... Extra Psychic damage? Victini's coverage is miiiiles better, Delphox doesn't even get Focus Blast.

But yeah, 104 means you outspeed instead of tie the base 100s, which is cool I guess, though it won't matter ~50% of the time [unless I'm missing something important between 100 and 104? No Garchomp in UU]

Mystical Fire, I /guess/... But most people would just attack Delphox from the physical side anyway, it's weaker there. I'd probably prefer to run Calm Mind to boost my offences as well.

Oh, yeah. Delphox gets Calm Mind and Victini doesn't. Amazing. Wow. Such a great movepool.

I would like to propose a slight change to C rank's description. Preferably to this (or the one in the OU viability list):

C Rank:
Reserved for Pokemon who can be effective given the right support, but either have crippling flaws that prevent them from consistently executing their strategy or are eclipsed by a Pokemon in the above ranks in most situations.

Honestly, why would a pokemon be considered in teambuilding if it is completely eclipsed by another pokemon in the same tier (this is assuming that a person is trying to make a team that is good)?

This brings me to my next point. I nominate Claydol, Chatot, Delphox, and Dusclops to be removed from the list. After testing them, I feel that these pokemon are either completely overshadowed by other pokemon in the same overall grade rank, as well as higher ranks, or no relevance to the UU metagame.

Claydol - So it has the combination of SR, a hazard removing move, and immunity to spikes/t-spikes while not being SR weak itself. So what? Its lack of reliable recovery, numerous weaknesses, and bad offense thoroughly outweighs its positives. Gligar is better to use than Claydol for the combination of positives it has (not to mention the many other hazard removers that recently dropped), as it has reliable recovery while having more relevant utility options to choose from, like u-turn and knock off.
Chatot - As another poster said before me, Chatot doesn't become viable just because it got boomburst. There's no relevant reason to use this over Exploud and Porygon-Z except for ground immunity (that is outweighed by the weaknesses that flying type brings, including SR). Chatter, despite being a sound move and having a good secondary effect, is simply too weak when compared to its competition's coverage moves. The main reason I'm suggesting it to be removed is due to its abysmal bulk in comparison to Porygon-Z's average bulk (which lets it take a weak or moderate neutral move) and Exploud's good bulk. Chatot's combination of terrible bulk and flying weaknesses actually gives it much less switching opportunities than Porygon-Z and Exploud.
Delphox - Why use this over Victini, ever? More powerful non-fire special moves? Completely irrelevant due to Victini's better movepool (with higher bp and coverage) and ability to use the physical spectrum effectively. Guaranteed to outspeed base 100s with a speed-increasing nature? Honestly only relevant when against a max speed LO shaymin with EP, and I don't see this as being enough for Delphox to be on the list. Magician? From experience, it's more hindering to have this ability than helpful, as the ability leads to bad gimmicky sets or the opponent takes advantage of it (ex. opponent switches in a fire-resistant mon to take your white herb Overheat that happens to have a choice band, limiting what Delphox can do, thus making it a lot more predictable).
Dusclops - In addition to what others have said about it, I would add that Trevenant's drop to UU means that its small niche(curse set) is now gone. Dusclops may have better bulk, but Trevenant having leech seed and passive recovery are far more important for a curse set (especially the latter).
While I agree about Claydol and Delphox, I disagree about the other 2.

First of all, Chatot has a better speed-tier than both Exploud and Porygon-Z, Chatot also hits harder than Adaptability Tri Attack from a Porygon-Z

252 SpA Chatot Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Arceus: 154-183 (34.6 - 41.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Adaptability Porygon-Z Tri Attack vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Arceus: 154-182 (34.6 - 40.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Timid Chatot hits less harder than Modest Exploud, and Exploud has fantastic coverage, but Chatot has another STAB it can use and a much better speed-tier, Chatot's other STAB, Chatter, is also extremely viable, as it is 100% chance of confusion and hits for a solid 97.5 BP (factoring STAB), Flying- STAB is almost absent in the current metagame and with an amazing secondary effect Chatot can effectively use it. I'm not saying confusion is an effective strategy, neither I'm saying is hoping the opponent to hot himself so you can survive is strategy, I'm just saying that that confusion is extremely useful against walls such as Umbreon that want to support the team with Wish or Heal Bell, as it a perfect opportunity to confuse them and then proceed to NP in their face.

Another thing Chatot has over Exploud is the fantastic move, Nasty Plot, being able to boost the SpA easily, above all, Chatot can effectively run Sub + 3 Attacks + LO, or SubNP with Leftovers, not to mention Chatot has a fast taunt which both Porygon-Z and Exploud miss on. Countless umbreon have fell into my taunt to proceed and Foul Play which is a 3HKO which lets me use NP. Chatot doesn't have the best coverage but having more speed than Porygon-Z AND more hitting power AND 2 stabs, is extremely relevant to be as good as it even though it's SR weak, I mean removing hazards is as easy as ever and you shouldn't even complain. While Porygon-Z has enough defense to survive decent non-SE moves, Chatot creates a chance through staying on walls and between confusion and the pathetic damage of Foul Play, Chatot at +2 is no joke.

Again Exploud has better bulk and coverage, but it is only better than Chatot and is not completely eclipsing Chatot, Chatot is good in C rank.

As for Duscplous, I agree about it being in D rank but not out of the list completely, as it has a small niche over Trevenant of giving the team chance to set up when Skill Swapping the opponents ability (assuming he stays in) and frisking the items to scout (I know trevenant can, but the Harvest completely eclipses it)

Eruption is a niche. A good niche, but still a niche. B- is the highest rating you could give it. Dont forget that A-Vest slowbro and CM Suicune walls it completly (both are common) If you cant stop Hazards, that niche get wasted, and phazers destroy it aswell.

252 SpA Choice Specs Typhlosion Eruption (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Suicune: 144-170 (35.6 - 42%) -- 88.7% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Typhlosion Eruption (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Slowbro: 130-153 (32.9 - 38.8%) -- 99.8% chance to 3HKO
Those wall Mence too, but he's still S rank. Not saying Typhlosion is Mence-good or comparable to Mence, but you catch my drift lol. But you do bring up the point of not being able to get past bulky waters, which is true. Thats why I have Magnezone on my team, it helps with waters and it helps Typhlosion to get in with slow, powerful Volt Switches. Thats beside the point though.

Where Typhlosion really shines is when its in against something it will OHKO and your opponent switches into something that they think could take a hit, like Umbreon, Mew or Florges.
252 SpA Choice Specs Typhlosion Eruption (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Umbreon: 195-229 (49.4 - 58.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Typhlosion Eruption (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mew: 234-276 (57.9 - 68.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Typhlosion Eruption (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Florges: 171-202 (47.5 - 56.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

And people shouldn't even run 252+ Sp.Def Florges lol. Typhlosion is a powerful wallbreaker that can also destroy offense if it has Sticky Web support

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Motioning for Mismagius to move to B- rank. I love Mismagius a lot, but it doesn't have the necessary tools to be very viable in UU. Defensively, it is outclassed by Jellicent who has better defenses, a water typing, and access to reliable recovery. Offensively, all is has received it Dazzling Gleam, which dont get me wrong is a good move, but Cofagrigus is better due to its bulk and ability to sweep with NP and Trick Room.

Love you Mismagius, but you gotta go down a bit.

Those wall Mence too, but he's still S rank. Not saying Typhlosion is Mence-good or comparable to Mence, but you catch my drift lol. But you do bring up the point of not being able to get past bulky waters, which is true. Thats why I have Magnezone on my team, it helps with waters and it helps Typhlosion to get in with slow, powerful Volt Switches. Thats beside the point though.

Where Typhlosion really shines is when its in against something it will OHKO and your opponent switches into something that they think could take a hit, like Umbreon, Mew or Florges.
252 SpA Choice Specs Typhlosion Eruption (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Umbreon: 195-229 (49.4 - 58.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Typhlosion Eruption (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mew: 234-276 (57.9 - 68.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Typhlosion Eruption (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Florges: 171-202 (47.5 - 56.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

And people shouldn't even run 252+ Sp.Def Florges lol. Typhlosion is a powerful wallbreaker that can also destroy offense if it has Sticky Web support
However it still needs alot of support to take hits and hold Hazards off the field. These are the trademarks of a B/C pokemon, but with its limited coverage I say B-. And yes Typhlosion is powerful and can 2HKO everything in the tier that does not resist it, but with that massive need for support it is still only a niche. There for B-.

Last edited:
Motioning for Mismagius to move to B- rank. I love Mismagius a lot, but it doesn't have the necessary tools to be very viable in UU. Defensively, it is outclassed by Jellicent who has better defenses, a water typing, and access to reliable recovery. Offensively, all is has received it Dazzling Gleam, which dont get me wrong is a good move, but Cofagrigus is better due to its bulk and ability to sweep with NP and Trick Room.

Sub+NP is still very dangerous. And when you think about it, the only other fast special ghost in the tier is not really fast (chandelure is slow for a ''speedy'' sweeper)

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Sub+NP is still very dangerous. And when you think about it, the only other fast special ghost in the tier is not really fast (chandelure is slow for a ''speedy'' sweeper)
Also Sub CM is good, but it cant do way too much. I guess B is reasonable.

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm a big fan of Typhlosion. I really am. Heck, one of my best BW RU teams centered around Typhlosion. But why on earth would I use Typhlosion in UU over Chandelure? Sure, Typhlosion's got extra Speed, but Chandelure has much more power, and it isn't fully reliant on entry hazards being removed to unleash its strongest move. Even though there are plenty of options to get rid of entry hazards, quite a few of the setters are rather bulky. Hippowdon, Empoleon, Jirachi, Celebi, and Mew just to name a few. So even if you can remove Rocks, odds are, it will be set back down since only Empoleon lacks reliable recovery. I think B- is the highest it should go, but I think C+ is a bit more fitting since it faces stiff competition and requires more support than most other special attacking Fire-types.

I have a nomination of my own and this will likely get fairly lengthy, so there's your warning:
I'd like to nominate Mega Ampharos to A rank. (A- at worst) This thing is so damn good right now. Its two primary sets play so much differently from each other, but both are quite good. The bulky attacker set can easily open holes in opposing teams with its great STAB combination. The low Speed also lets the set play in Trick Room effectively as well, and M-Ampharos has good synergy with many TR abusers in the tier (Slowbro, Escavalier, Cresselia, etc.) and Mold Breaker ensures M-Aggron can't harass the team. Outside of Trick Room, it can utilize Heal Bell to provide Cleric support without losing a ton in terms of coverage or power. With just minimal Speed investment, M-Ampharos can outpace and 2HKO Hippowdon to remove it from play, thus letting physical attackers have a much easier time. Its slow Volt Switch lets stuff like Tornadus-T, Nidoking, and Mienshao have additional opportunities to pressure defensive cores.
Now, the other set is a physically defensive set. PhysDef M-Ampharos is able to check or outright counter so many things right now. Tornadus-T, Crawdaunt, Victini, Magnezone, most Grass-types, and most Electric-types get checked or outright countered by physically defensive M-Ampharos. Even though it has to resort to RestTalk for recovery, it pairs well with Florges and has a 33% chance to draw Volt Switch, thus letting it still switch out and build momentum to keep sweepers from setting up. Here's some M-Ampharos calcs for a 248/252+ spread:

252 Atk Choice Band Victini V-create vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Mega Ampharos: 127-150 (33.1 - 39.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Crawdaunt Knock Off vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Mega Ampharos: 133-159 (34.7 - 41.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Darmanitan Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Mega Ampharos: 160-190 (41.7 - 49.6%) -- 85.9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Tornadus-T Hurricane vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Mega Ampharos: 95-113 (24.8 - 29.5%) -- 0.1% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Mega Manectric Hidden Power Ice vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Mega Ampharos: 124-148 (32.3 - 38.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Choice Specs Sheer Force Magnezone Flash Cannon vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Mega Ampharos: 128-151 (33.4 - 39.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock (had to use Sheer Force due to Showdown's calc having a glitch with Analytic not working.)
and for the extreme...
252 Atk Salamence Outrage vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Mega Ampharos: 282-332 (73.6 - 86.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

yeah, name me another Pokemon that can take on all of these threats at once while still having an offensive presence. The only Pokemon in the tier that quite literally dgaf about anything Magnezone can do. And if you really want to stick it to Grass-types, Electric-types, Magnezone, and Chandelure, then you can go specially defensive. And if you want to see it in action, then here you go: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uubeta-98191292

I'm very, very new to UU, but from my limited experience in the tier Cofagrigus and Mismagius are not comparable despite the same typing. Mismagius is built for late-game cleaning, while Cofagrigus is usually used as a set-up sweeper. Mismagius is also significantly faster than Coffin and doesn't require TR support, which enables you to run a wider/faster variety of options on your team.

It's a very good offensive ghost whose only competition is pretty much Chandelure, who does not have Nasty Plot and is way slower. Cofagrigus needs two turn to set up, with TR and NP. I think it's fine where it is, because it does lack some immediate power.

I completely agree with the Ditto Drop (I'd opt for C+), but I'd like to point out that it did receive a buff, however slight. The best way to prevent a ditto revenge beforehand was the use a sub set up sweeper. Substitute, however, is now bypassed by sound based moves, so anything that carries a substitute *alongside a sound move that can KO it at higher levels of set up* is now ditto weak. Again, it's a really slight buff, but I think it's mentionable.

Oh, and ofc now ditto can revenge mons with infiltrator + sub by the same logic. But still, yeah. Ditto --> C+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)