Other XY 1v1 team, peaked 1521-Help Needed!

Hi everyone,
The 1v1 tier is somehting that I have recently been introduced to. I have since been intrigued by the level of strategy required to win against an opposing pokemon with only one of your own pokemon. However, even though my team has been met with a degree of success I was unable to reach 1600 with my team. Any help to get me past that level would be much appreciated!

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
Evs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Extreme Speed
-Stone Edge

Dragonite is my main sweeper, the Pokemon I normally use against anything else. I run boosted Attack, the general Dragonite set, as well as boosted Speed. I use the boosted Speed to outspeed other Dragon-Types, which are the only Pokemon apart from Fairy that Dragonite trips up on. The Lum Berry is for continued use of Outrage if it is required as well as tripping up Brelooms and Whimsicotts. Outrage is the generic move that Dragonite uses when it can't deliver a super-effective one to an opponent. Earthquake is surprisingly useful and can often win Dragonite a battle. Extreme Speed is a really nice addition to Dragonite, just existing simply to finish off what an Earthquake might not have. Finally, Stone Edge is a move I run to take down Mega Charizard-Y, a pokemon that is fairly common in the 1v1 tier. The only issues that Dragonite has are Fairy-types and I don't really believe that Dragonite could take down somehting like Gardevoir-Mega even with the right moves available to it.

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
Evs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
-Play Rough
-Fire Fang
-Iron Head
-Foul Play

Mawile is my Fairy-type coverage. It is present mainly for defeating opposing Fairy-Types. I run the general attack set for a Mega Mawile as well as an unusual Speed set. I run Speed on Mawile mainly for the purpose of outspeeding opposing Mawile-Mega, a face-off that isn't too uncommon. The idea when facing another Fairy-Type is to get an Iron-Head off, which can usually one-hit a Gardevoir or an Azumarill. When facing opposing Mawile Fire-Fang is the main move to use against it. Play Rough is for Garchomp-Mega, a Dragon that can outspeed Dragonite and one-hit it with a Stone Edge or an Outrage of it's own. Finally, Foul Play is for the occasional Gengar or Chandelure that Mawile may find itself up against. SO far Mawile's weakness is found mainly in Golem, as the STAB Earthquake can one-hit Mawile.

The third slot is currently vacant. I have run several different Pokemon in it, including an Alakazam Protect-Encore-Disable combo, a Porygon2 Toxic stall combo and a Conkelldur Guts-Toxic Orb combo (the one that I currently use) but none of them have been met with the same degree of success as the previous two Pokemon have been Any help here would be very much appreciated!

Thanks for reading, guys, I know that it probably was a bit of a hard one to get through awake. Ay help that you can give me on any of the aspects to get past 1600 and above would be much appreciated!

Hey there! You have an interesting team, but it could use some tweaks.

First of all, running Stone Edge on Dragonite just for Zard Y is pointless since Dragonite can beat it 1v1 already. Just click Outrage and you're good to go. In it's place, I recommend running Dragon Dance, since the set up allows your Dragonite to beat Counter users like Blissey and Mega Blastoise and also helps with out speeding and OHKOing some choice users that Dragonite can't beat without a boost. Finally, Dragonite CAN take down Mega Gardevoir 1v1 thanks to its multiscale. Live a Hyper Voice and then use Earthquake; finish it off with an Extreme Speed the next turn.

Onto your Mega Mawile; first of all, get rid of Foul Play. Iron Head hits so much harder than Foul Play due to Gengar's crappy attack stat. Use Sucker Punch instead, the priority it provides is simply too good to pass up and it allows you to beat Chandelure anyway. Secondly, don't run max speed. If you want to speed-creep other base 50s (like Mega Mawile and Azumarill), 252 speed is NOT necessary. Run just a little bit, like 8. Most of those pokemons don't run speed anyway so 8 is generally enough to outspeed. Dump the rest of the EVs into HP so it can take hits much easier.

Additionally, Mega Garchomp is not very common is 1v1. Banded is much more common, and that set is a very big threat to your first two pokemon. Banded Outrage has a very high chance to OHKO Dragonite through Multiscale, and even if it doesn't, if Dragonite hits it with an Outrage, Rough Skin will proc and knock out Dragonite first, losing you the round.

252 Atk Choice Band Garchomp Outrage vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 306-360 (94.7 - 111.4%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

Mega Mawile also struggles with Banded Chomp; although Banded -1 Earthquake has a rather low chance to OHKO, it will always put Mawile into knockout range of Rough Skin, and all of Mawile's attacks proc Rough Skin which basically screws you over.

-1 252 Atk Choice Band Garchomp Earthquake vs. 244 HP / 0 Def Mega Mawile: 270-320 (89.4 - 105.9%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

Your team should always be able to cover each other's weaknesses in 1v1, so your 3rd mon needs to be able to deal with any set that poses a threat to the rest of your team. While Conkeldurr CAN deal with Banded Garchomp, your team is still rather weak to Sturdy users like Golem,Donphan, and Aggron since most of your team have all-out attacking sets. I would recommend trying Mega Gyarados as your 3rd team member. With Mold Breaker, it can get past Sturdy Users with ease, and with Intimidate, it can tank a hit from Garchomp and OHKO back with an Outrage/Ice Fang.

Hope these tips helped, and good luck in your battles!

Hey there! You have an interesting team, but it could use some tweaks.

First of all, running Stone Edge on Dragonite just for Zard Y is pointless since Dragonite can beat it 1v1 already. Just click Outrage and you're good to go. In it's place, I recommend running Dragon Dance, since the set up allows your Dragonite to beat Counter users like Blissey and Mega Blastoise and also helps with out speeding and OHKOing some choice users that Dragonite can't beat without a boost. Finally, Dragonite CAN take down Mega Gardevoir 1v1 thanks to its multiscale. Live a Hyper Voice and then use Earthquake; finish it off with an Extreme Speed the next turn.

Onto your Mega Mawile; first of all, get rid of Foul Play. Iron Head hits so much harder than Foul Play due to Gengar's crappy attack stat. Use Sucker Punch instead, the priority it provides is simply too good to pass up and it allows you to beat Chandelure anyway. Secondly, don't run max speed. If you want to speed-creep other base 50s (like Mega Mawile and Azumarill), 252 speed is NOT necessary. Run just a little bit, like 8. Most of those pokemons don't run speed anyway so 8 is generally enough to outspeed. Dump the rest of the EVs into HP so it can take hits much easier.

Additionally, Mega Garchomp is not very common is 1v1. Banded is much more common, and that set is a very big threat to your first two pokemon. Banded Outrage has a very high chance to OHKO Dragonite through Multiscale, and even if it doesn't, if Dragonite hits it with an Outrage, Rough Skin will proc and knock out Dragonite first, losing you the round.

252 Atk Choice Band Garchomp Outrage vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 306-360 (94.7 - 111.4%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

Mega Mawile also struggles with Banded Chomp; although Banded -1 Earthquake has a rather low chance to OHKO, it will always put Mawile into knockout range of Rough Skin, and all of Mawile's attacks proc Rough Skin which basically screws you over.

-1 252 Atk Choice Band Garchomp Earthquake vs. 244 HP / 0 Def Mega Mawile: 270-320 (89.4 - 105.9%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

Your team should always be able to cover each other's weaknesses in 1v1, so your 3rd mon needs to be able to deal with any set that poses a threat to the rest of your team. While Conkeldurr CAN deal with Banded Garchomp, your team is still rather weak to Sturdy users like Golem,Donphan, and Aggron since most of your team have all-out attacking sets. I would recommend trying Mega Gyarados as your 3rd team member. With Mold Breaker, it can get past Sturdy Users with ease, and with Intimidate, it can tank a hit from Garchomp and OHKO back with an Outrage/Ice Fang.

Hope these tips helped, and good luck in your battles!
Thankyou very much, I have loaded up these changes and they have already dramatically increased my ranking. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)