Finals World Cup of Pokemon XI - Finals [Won by Team USA East]

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I don't intend to justify what they did, it's still very questionable using information gained through an actual crime. I hope you realize by doing so you're rewarding criminals for doing illegal actions, possibly even encouraging them to continue whith it, which is way worse than ghosting in a Pokemon tournament.

Genesis7

is a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
I think at this point we have to step back and realize that part of the issue here is that the definition of what constitutes ghosting is too vague. There needs to be objective guidelines and they need to be VERY visible.

I love playing this game but if this kind of thing keeps happening endlessly there will be absolutely no reason to continue participating in tournaments. Use this and other cases as precedent for what constitutes a "ghosting violation" and be transparent in this case and future cases as to what actually happened that warranted the tourban.

Realize also that what the community views as deviant and infractable behavior in regards to ghosting should also define what should be seen as ghosting. Marijuana isn't being decriminalized because of any of its purported medical use, it's being decriminalized because the public view towards the drug has shifted. It is no longer viewed as deviant or dangerous to use marijuana so there is no point in it being illegal. In the same vain, if giving advice on one turn of a game isn't seen as detrimental or worthy of a tour ban (I'm not asserting that is what happened in this case, I know nothing about the circumstances) by the general community, then it shouldn't result in a tour ban.

tl;dr: In order for our community to progress, the TDs have to be more transparent in what constitutes ghosting (I.e. It should be in the site rules and be a site wide announcement banner, not tucked away in a subforum) and the circumstances of a ghosting offense so we know what not to do.

Of course this is just my opinion, but I think we can all agree that changes should be made and they should be discussed publicly.

I think the most amazing thing about this, is that admins of this forum use illegal information and openly back them. They even state that blackmail was involved. The only legitimate and legal consequence is to report this to a legal institution, not to shittalk on a Pokemonforum about a tournament of little importance compared to blackmail and hacking.

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
While I don't intend to justify what they did, it's still very questionable using information gained through an actual crime. I hope you realize by doing so you're rewarding criminals for doing illegal actions, possibly even encouraging them to continue whith it, which is way worse than ghosting in a Pokemon tournament.
And being judged for the crime is way worse than being tourbanned on a Pokémon forum. You're giving the definition of a double standard here.

We are trying to figure out who the hacker is, and if we find him, we're not going to protect his offense. But we are not a court, our job is to ensure everybody gets some fair tournaments, so we are definitely using that ressource now that we got it.

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
he hacked a Skype account, not the FBI, what exactly do you think is going to happen to him? If you think he's going to get raided and charged then lol is all I have to say to you. As for blackmail: "Blackmail" is a very broad terms, if he blackmailed on a pokemon level for things like teams and getting ghosted than rofl desperate loser, but if he tried getting money transferred to an account or something like that then there's actually something to be concerned about. And yes, the hacker should be banned, that doesn't mean the evidence isn't valid.

Anyways, stop getting mad at the TDs for using evidence obtained by hacking. Who gives a fuck, if the dudes cheated then they got caught, plain and simple. Just because nobody in their group snaked doesn't mean they don't deserve to get punished. Although I will say I'm curios on the severity of the "ghosting" because at this rate there'll be more TDs than tour players by 2018 and something needs to change.

And being judged for the crime is way worse than being tourbanned on a Pokémon forum. You're giving the definition of a double standard here.

We are trying to figure out who the hacker is, and if we find him, we're not going to protect his offense. But we are not a court, our job is to ensure everybody gets some fair tournaments, so we are definitely using that ressource now that we got it.
so the next incident of someone getting hacked is gonna end in the same shit and a whole team getting banned? get your shit straight, that's completely ridiculous. you're encouraging people to do this shit, to hack people so you guys can take actions against people that got ghosted. what you're saying is, that information of similar kind are gonna get used again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)