WINTER 2011/2 anime chart

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So I got permission in bumping this almost dead thread.

I've been following Fate/Zero this season, and quite frankly, it's fucking amazing. Animation is well done, characters aren't as bland as F/S/N nor is it a harem. Soundtrack is very well done. The plot is progressing quite nicely. Voice Actors are great.

Definitely check it out.

yeah, Fate Zero is fantastic in pretty much all aspects, best show in a long time.

Besides that there are a bunch of solid shows but no real standouts, Horizon is fun but I feel like I need to read an encyclopedia to understand all of what's going on.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Fate Zero is the first anime I've ever bothered to watch as it comes out in Japan. It's hard to judge it as an anime, but as prequel to Fate/Stay Night it stays true to the original, expands upon characters in a logical fashion, and mixes things up in ways that make sense. It's very high quality, but only five episodes in it's really hard to see the big picture. It is kind of unfortunate that it dispenses with the a lot of the mystery of the original game, but seeing as its a prequel we knew a majority of the characters already so I can give that a pass.

Rider Zero is easily the coolest character, possibly rivaling Lancer from the original.

more shaft stuff, guess i might have to get into it, already started watching arakawa

is new prince of tennis related at all to the original prince of tennis i like sports anime i might give it a watch

i also like girly anime

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
lol everything but prince of tennis and MAYBE nisemonogatari looks like utter shit

tbh some of the ideas for these shows are absolutely ridiculous to the point where it's like unintentional comedy (see recorder to randoseru, high school DxD)

i dont know why you losers are getting excited about this gay-ass anime shit, they honestly all look they were drawn by the same fucking animator. zero originality.

Why do you post in threads just to express that you dislike things?

Edit: Winter 2012 - Kyousogiga, Mobile Suit Gundam Seed HD Remaster, High School DxD, Area no Kishi, Daily Lives of High School Boys, Another, Rinne no Lagrange, Black Rock Shooter, Inu x Boku SS, Kill Me Baby, Amagami SS+, Brave10, Senhime Zesshou Symphogear, Gokujyo-, Nisemonogatari.

Next season looks nice.

Everything but Kyousogiga and Another look terrible. Another had a good or better manga start from what I remember, so the anime could be really strong.

New Prince of Tennis will be utter shit. The original Prince of Tennis manga+anime were sloppy as hell with no art standards (and in the anime no animation standards), what would be better about this?

This is one of the weakest looking anime seasons of all time.

thoughts now that stuff has been airing for awhile

Amagami SS+: significantly worse than the first season, there's not much room for drama with only two episodes per girl but what's there hasn't been done all that well.

High School DxD: generic (though the tit lasers at least are original), but fairly fun.

Symphogear: too ambitious for its own good; decent concept but it's not handled very well and has has some serious budget issues.

Nisemonogatari: went from the 50-50 mix of chitchat/otaku pandering and supernatural mystery in bakemono to something closer to 90-10, good if you like that stuff I guess.

Moretsu Pirates: for a show whose english title is "Bodacious Space Pirates" it's paced slowly and takes itself seriously most of the time, so far it suffers from being either too dull to care about or too stupid to take seriously, though the most recent episode was decent.

Rinne no Lagrange: probably my favorite of the shows this season. "young hero pilots a robot to fight against aliens" isn't a particularly original plot but it has some immensely likable characters, pleasant music and visuals, and a plot that could turn out well.

Ano Natsu: looks (and so far is) like a slightly worse toradora, except the main girl is an alien and gave the main characters space AIDS or something but that's hardly factored into anything so far.

Another: alternates between very slow setup and comically unfeasible death scenes, not very good overall.

Inu x Boku: pandering to both genders with its fabulous white haired fox bishie and tsundere loli, pretty forgettable.

Aquarion Evol: overall very good robot show; excellent animation, direction and art all around. also it apparently ties in with the first aquarion, which doesn't seem to be anywhere near as good.

Black Rock Shooter: dumb drama plus symbolic mediocre action scenes, nothing special

Nichibros: pretty good comedy; a bit hit or miss but a fun show overall.

...I won't lie, I never even noticed this thread a few months ago.

But, NEW GUNDAM!? Must watch...

Also be interesting to see a new Lupin III series...and I didn't even know Prince of Tennis was still going on (which I find to be an absurd, funny take on tennis).

Eraddd

One Pixel
Nisemonogatari has disappointed me greatly. Egregious fanservice every fucking episode for great lengths of time. Where the fuck is the witty banter or the characters I've grown to love. Watching for the sake of completing it really at this point.

Going to watch nichibros after the season ends.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Whoa, necrobump to the max.

Guilty Crown has definitely been a season fave. The only turn-off I had was the first few episodes and Episode 12, where everything was a train-wreck. Also, Shu has gone through more personality changes in 20 episodes than I went through in my 20 years of being alive.

Persona 4 has been living up to my expectations as following the game closely, so not much has been lost there. The only problems I have seen with the story thus far is that a lot of things that usually happen in the game, such as fusions or combo moves, are on a large scale unexplained by the anime, and left to the view to find out by actually playing the game. It's just one of those few things that leaves the anime kinda wanting...but I guess you can't cram 100+ hours of gameplay into a 24 episode season too well.

One comedy that has certainly popped up that I've been enjoying lately is Daily Lives of High School Boys. It follows a similar vein to that of Nichijou, but is definitely geared towards the male audience. The Literary Girl gag has been used a lot the past 10 episodes, but the usage of the recurring theme there never seems to die and makes me crack up every time.

Lastly: Mirai Nikki. This anime has certainly been one of the better anime this season, up there with Guilty Crown. The last few episodes have been a bit rushed, but otherwise it has kept me on my toes.

Also: Nisemonogatari has rather been a bit disappointing, I agree, but I think that's because we have a lack of the awesome Senjougahara conversations, which have definitely been overshadowed by the Araragi Sisters arc. So I partially agree with you, Eraddd. As they say though, hopefully it gets better with time.

Eraddd

One Pixel
The sisters are flat as fuck (both literally and figuratively); they provide no depth in character, other than to serve as comedic relief, the odd brother-sister interaction that either ends in a family fashion or eroticism, and fanservice. I was praying last week when tsuiki (or w/e her name was) had her head blown off that she was dead.

And the distinct lack of sengougahara is definitely playing a role in my lack of interest. And sadly, apparently her character changes pretty drastically in the future sigh.

Edit:
sums it up sadly. =/

If not allowed, mods feel free to delete it.

was just about to post about how lame anime is

realize i made a post about how lame anime is on this very page

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)