NOC Wikimafia, The Free Online Mafia [TOWN+BROIL WIN]

Clouds

False Pretenses
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
hal asked for the mass pubclaim after Caff confirmed the existence of my role - I would be more inclined to sr hal if he'd tried to rally claims assuming town wouldn't have public knowledge of their lack of day chat. He said it was to take advantage of the situation while they can't communicate, which felt town motivated, particularly in a game where he knows if a newer player rolled scum, they might need coaching as to what to say in response to the claim pressure

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
They get night chat though presumably? Unless hal is working under the assumption that newbie scum will scumslip on day 1 and trying to capitalize on that which sounds even more sus than trying to re-enable mafia daychat lmao

that benefits scum far more than town
bad town -> tell truth -> village coordinates roles
good town -> make appropriate fakeclaim/tell truth -> coordinate roles
good mafia -> make a decent fakeclaim that still maybe gets caught out if village has the right roles/coordination
bad mafia -> make poor fakeclaim that is either scummy or one cannot follow through with

like ok yes its bad that clouds is revealed but that still would force mafia to kill clouds to have an effect on that. in a game with a tracker and presumably some other info role.

but on the other hand like how is newbie scum being unable to get coached on fakeclaims bad for town like what I must be misunderstanding you.

Haruno

hal working under the assumption that scum has an inexperienced player in addition to the fact that they won't be able to properly fake claim in hopes of a scum slip.......... while in the meanwhile giving scum the whole PR list.............. With his logic the "experienced" scum will be able to fake claim withno issues.

Clouds

False Pretenses
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Yeah I mean I'm sure scum is happy to see the pubclaims too whether or not it was incited/fueled by anyone on the scumteam itself, but I was gonna get poe'd regardless at the rate it was going. So we roll.

Slight sl on Psy for now as well (mostly mechanical) because a mafia rolecop seems like it'd fit the mold for this setup with the amount of power roles floating around, and my role having intentional rolecop interference. I guess it doesn't help Celever's case here either, but I've felt marginally better about Cel's perceived post motives so far

Haruno

bad town -> tell truth -> village coordinates roles
good town -> make appropriate fakeclaim/tell truth -> coordinate roles
good mafia -> make a decent fakeclaim that still maybe gets caught out if village has the right roles/coordination
bad mafia -> make poor fakeclaim that is either scummy or one cannot follow through with

like ok yes its bad that clouds is revealed but that still would force mafia to kill clouds to have an effect on that. in a game with a tracker and presumably some other info role.

but on the other hand like how is newbie scum being unable to get coached on fakeclaims bad for town like what I must be misunderstanding you.
I see no issue with scum knowing who one shot vig, doc, joat, cop, etc is. Not at all /s

Clouds

False Pretenses
unvote Haruno
vote Psy

Sorry king, I agree with #653 here in that I doubt both roles fall under town alignment & Cel's feels way too obscure to make up (not that this is fully alignment indicative, the role can still be scum). But I can almost infer what sort of wiki article Cel might have based on his role flavor, lol

LittEleven

A wanderer above the sea of fog
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
mfw deadline's 20 hours away i thought it was in like 1

anyway most claim stuff has been touched upon like, i think, hurts eyeballs
recent stuff is like
tommy seems much more proactive post-; posting seems comfortable atm? suggesting roleclaim is fairly towny i think and don't think they had the longevity at that point in thread to suggest that as wolf too
m2h gives shades of me from modexe with the self-belief and wanting to fight; seems like a pretty big change in persona from their initial view on d1
think om is fairly town
think cel comes off as genuine in this since they have no reason to 50/50 a person they tr'd prior; plus rolecop is really not an important role for scum to remove and sack your cred for; esp since dl is in 20 hours not 1 so it's not like you think you have to kamikaze too

i don't have strong takes on other people atm
i guess clouds being cleared is like def free so that's nice

i'd probs just resolve the 50/50 first tonight, gives more time to work with and possibly subs for lowposters

is 4scumteam a real thing i thought 10v4 evs are really fucked

Haruno

That is really unfortunate bc either you're scum or Caff sucks

I'm rolecop except way weaker. I target someone and get a one word result that describes their role:

1. Meutre
  2. Protecteur
  3. Investagateur
  4. Manipulateur
  5. Communicatif
  6. Plusieurs
  7. Autre
Caff validated my translations of these, being:
1. Murder
2. Protective
3. Investigator
4. Manipulator
5. Communicative
6. Many
7. Other

Why would Caff put an actual role cop and this thing on the same town faction
actually I didn't read this post properly the first time. Whoops.

Let's try and figure out where each would categorize under so we can successfully find out where scum might lie.

1. duskfall
2. m2h? hydro, broil
3. litt
4. i assume some form of redirect? Apricity
5. Myself/Clouds
6. OM
7. schia?

psy sus so excluded, tbz, drookez.

Presumably goal should be to solve whatever the hell other means and put pressure on them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)