Wi-Fi Standard Rule in Japan

I wanna see a pro-wifi-japane-battle on youtube for watching the strategies and the team building they follows.
The pokémon ranking listed by LukeHM is a bit strange don't you think ? Metagross is so high ranked, why ? And Whimsicott and Heracross are top20 lol
Who is Jadran ? i can't find the traslation.
That might be a bit difficult to find (unless you can read Japanese well), so I'd suggest to simply look for opponents at night on (un)rated Random Matchup. Mostly every other battler is Japanese, and their teams are usually more creative than our teams.. except for the really serious people who only use the top 30 OU Pokés.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Here I'll translate. BTW these stats are for randmatch.

I think this is the top 18
Rank Pokemon Rate Frequency
One Gaburiasu Garchomp / Measures 21% 23
Two Metagurosu Metagross / Measures 20% 22
Three Urugamosu Volcarona / Measures 17% 18
Three Wed Rotomu Rotom-W / measures 17% 18
Five Bangirasu Tyranitar / Measures 16% 17
Six Genga Gengar / Measures 15% 16
Seven Hassam Scizor / Measures 14% 15
Seven Ratiosu Latios / Measures 14% 15
Nine Nattorei Ferrothorn/ Measures 13% 14
Ten Nyorotono Politoed / Measures 12% 13
11 Sazandora Hydreigon / Measures 11% 12
11 Doryuuzu Excadrill / Measures 11% 12
11 Parushen Cloyster / Measures 11% 12
14 Showers Vaporeon 10% 11
14 Robushin Conkeldurr 10% 11
16 Goukazaru Infernape / Measures 9% Ten (no one has a Blaziken?)
16 Jadran Slowbro 9% Ten
18 Efi Espeon 8% Nine DOT NINE (9.9)
18 Ononokusu Haxorus / Measures 8% Nine
18 GYARADOS 8% Nine
18 Heracross / Measures 8% Nine
18 Bomanda Salamence / Measures 8% Nine

LOL that's true ! i've forgot, so veekun have someting wrong in the search.

Anyway no-one understand japanese well to find some metagame example video ?

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Now now let's cool it a bit here. They got their own reasons for their own tier lists (and I would like to see the actual link to the ruleset since the wiki doesn't have it and I've searched all over) and we got ours

*(lets be honest - our system has a few flaws too. For instance it's extremely difficult to get things unbanned. Another worrisome thing is that it allows for too many differing opinions on the metagame and causes some conflict in the community)* .

A few things (assuming the OP pasted the correct ruleset)

1) " Limiting legendaries to 3 per team?"
He meant that as in "trio legends", not 3 legends per team. By rule 1, you can't use any in the team.
2) I am wondering if they have a "Nintendo Official Ruleset" somewhere listed as an option for battling.
3) Impressions: Rule #3 would obviously be the most familiar to me (it's Ubers!), and Rule #2 would highly resemble our OU metagame pre-suspect testing (Moody/Darkrai/Shaymin-S/Deoxys-A)
4) The Japanese may have a different viewpoint on countering than we do. They may tolerate Garchomp much more than most of us (adding to the fact that Evasion Clause is allowed - which makes it harder to get Garchomp banned).

(I mean, I sure do tolerate Garchomp in OU just fine lol)

5) To the original poster: If you log back on and see this thread (and my post), please give us a link to the Japanese rulesets.
Yeah I guess i'll wait for a confirmation.

Honestly, if some random user posted this ruleset and titled it "my own custom ruleset" I guarantee you he or she would be mocked. This ruleset gets a free pass because its the "Japanese ruleset" and that irks me.

Honestly, if some random user posted this ruleset and titled it "my own custom ruleset" I guarantee you he or she would be mocked. This ruleset gets a free pass because its the "Japanese ruleset" and that irks me.

^^This is too true. Seeing this method of tiering just makes me more glad that we have the tiering system that we do.

I'd also like to see some usage stats outside of Random Matchup. It just seems like RM isn't a very good indicator of what the Japanese metagame is like.

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Here I'll translate. BTW these stats are for randmatch.
I think this is the top 18
Rank Pokemon Rate Frequency
One Gaburiasu Garchomp / Measures 21% 23
Two Metagurosu Metagross / Measures 20% 22
Three Urugamosu Volcarona / Measures 17% 18
Three Wed Rotomu Rotom-W / measures 17% 18
Five Bangirasu Tyranitar / Measures 16% 17
Six Genga Gengar / Measures 15% 16
Seven Hassam Scizor / Measures 14% 15
Seven Ratiosu Latios / Measures 14% 15
Nine Nattorei Ferrothorn/ Measures 13% 14
Ten Nyorotono Politoed / Measures 12% 13
11 Sazandora Hydreigon / Measures 11% 12
11 Doryuuzu Excadrill / Measures 11% 12
11 Parushen Cloyster / Measures 11% 12
14 Showers Vaporeon 10% 11
14 Robushin Conkeldurr 10% 11
16 Goukazaru Infernape / Measures 9% Ten (no one has a Blaziken?)
16 Jadran Slowbro 9% Ten
18 Efi Espeon 8% Nine DOT NINE (9.9)
18 Ononokusu Haxorus / Measures 8% Nine
18 GYARADOS 8% Nine
18 Heracross / Measures 8% Nine
18 Bomanda Salamence / Measures 8% Nine
Well, that metagame doesn't look too overcentralized -- the top spot is either 21% or 23%.
But how is Scizor up so high when the only pokemon it can flat-out switch in and beat in the top 10 is Tyranitar?
Also yeah cringing at the high usage of Heracross while Blaziken wallows in ignorance

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)