Project What's His Last? NU Edition [Week 27 | Voting]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadestep

volition immanent
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
ok that wraps up Week 2! thanks for all the great responses and activity on this :)
GyRro lolbro takes this week with his Rhydon submission, despite not being the actual 6th mon of the team. KyleCole actually posted the correct answer being Piloswine, so he's the winner in my heart ;)
carcy's Steelix: 4 Votes
GyRro's Barbaracle: 1 Vote
lolbro's Rhydon: 7 Votes
Oda's Cradily: 0 Votes :(
Rapture.'s Ferroseed: 3 Votes
KyleCole's Piloswine: 3 Votes
Aladyyn's Stunfisk: 4 Votes
Aurosis' Regirock: 4 Votes

Week 3's team was given to me by lovely user iplaytennislol , glad he's back in business!
it is a typical tennis-balance team, featuring Choice Specs charizard, a mon with few to 0 switch-ins and a scary partner in Mixed Shiftry.

Charizard @ Choice Specs
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Air Slash
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 40 HP / 152 Def / 208 SpD / 108 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Whirlpool
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell

Steelix @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 232 HP / 136 Atk / 124 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Taunt

Shiftry @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Defog

Xatu @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- U-turn

You may now post! Posting stage goes until Fridaynight!

lax

cloutimus maximus
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnuswon the 10th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
RBTT Champion

Hitmonchan @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Punch

Hitmonchan seems like a nice final spot for this team. The team does already have hazard control (in the form of Xatu) but some rock setters like Rhydon can easily pressure Xatu and get up rocks which limits Charizard coming in, so Hitmonchan can try to spin if rocks do go up. It's also a nice dark and rock resist and check cos of mach punch priority and it just hits hard.

(edit: oops he has defog shift, xd more hazard removal)

Last edited:

Sawk (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Zen Headbutt
- Stone Edge

With excellent hazard removal already in the first 5 mons between Defog and Xatu, Sturdy Sawk is a really good fit for the last mon on this team. The team is fairly slow with the fastest pokemon being Charizard, and in this meta you really want something that gets the jump on Sceptile if you're running a balance squad like this, so the speed, cleaning ability and revenge killing that comes with Scark Sawk is needed for the 6th slot on this team.

Rapture

I got so much time today
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Audino @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 240 HP / 208 Def / 48 SpA / 12 SpD
Bold Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Calm Mind
- Protect
- Wish
If there is one thing I know about my buddy iplaytennislol, it is that his penchant for fat "balance" teams is nigh unrivalled. For this reason, Mega-Audino fits the bill perfectly as the teams last mostly due to its ability to sponge most hits in general, act as a respectable check to most Sceptile variants, and serve as a solid win con with calm mind. The team in its current state also has a pretty sizable weakness to Malamar since nothing outside of zard really feels like taking it on which audino handles well enough to make it non-threatening.

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Jynx (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Focus Blast / Lovely Kiss
- Trick

First thing I noticed about this team is Sceptile is kind of a thorn in this team's side so while a band-aid fix, I truly feel like Scarf Jynx is nice as this team lacks anything faster than base 100 Zard and Shiftry's Sucker. This also provides a more reliable Water check as Shiftry would hate to switch into Scalds.

Vullaby @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 228 SpD / 32 Spe
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Roost
- Toxic
- Foul Play

The team seriously lacks a proper Sceptile answer and really an answer to special threats in general. It also seems to struggle with bulky teams. Stallbreaker Vullaby is one of the best and most reliable Sceptile answers, being able to counter both sets if hazards are kept off the field which this team shouldn't have trouble with between Xatu and Shiftry. It also allows the team to pivot around Charizard and scout its set when misjudging between switching in Lanturn or Steelix could cost you. Taunt + Toxic is just generally strong against bulky teams.

Disjunction

Everything I waste gets recycled
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Fake Out
- Bullet Punch

Tennis's team gets throttled not only by opposing Ice-types, but by opposing Knock Off users. Hariyama fills this hole in a classic euro-balance-esque way. Additionally, the team is fairly slow so a priority spam core between Yama and Shiftry works to patch up the team's matchup against offense. Unfortunately, the team still struggles a bit with Malamar, but between mons like Taunt Steelix and Specs Zard, you can overwhelm the squid fairly easily.

Orphic

perhaps
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Malamar @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 HP / 244 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

This team looks like it could really benefit from a blanket special wall of some kind, while also adding a set up sweeper, I chose Malamar. Malamar adds a mediumish check to the likes of Magmortar and Aurorus, not in the way Hariyama does, but it certainly pressures those mons as they give Malamar set up opportunites.

Poliwrath @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Vacuum Wave

I was using this team and got rekt by Life Orb Pyroar and Dancing Dino Rhydon. Special Poliwrath can deal with both of those threats quite easily and due to its natural bulky balance, it's pretty good on this team. The priority of Vacuum Wave is always pretty useful as well. The only issue is the accuracy on Focus Blast but... yolo. Due to Lanturn + Steelix both resisting electric-type attacks and Xatu + Shiftry resisting psychic-type attacks it synergises quite nicely with this team. Also when an opposing Samurott looks to decimate the Zard with a Torrent-boosted Aqua Jet, Poliwrath can switch in and enjoy the health boost.

Last edited:
Weezing @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-o-Wisp
- Taunt
- Pain Split
- Sludge Bomb

Sawk is really scary

Also helps out with offensive set-up sweepers with Taunt/Wisp and screwing Fatmons withs that Pain Split. Dont know if there is a spread better suited for sceptile but this helps with it still so another postitive

Aurosis and Rapture

Definitely needs hazard removal on a team with two rocks weaknesses (Xatu just doesn't cut it). No idea how I missed the defog Shiftry but in any case I'll change my vote to reflect the "new" discovery.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)