What not to run in the STABmons Metagame

Status
Not open for further replies.
This would be an article that would include:
  • Brief introduction regarding STABmons and such
  • Then, the sets of:
    • Belly Drum Chansey (yes, I've seen this before ;_;)
    • Boomburst Blissey (seen this as well :[)
    • Sleep Powder ANYTHING
    • Wigglytuff
    • Entrainment Slaking / Regigigas
    • Psycho Boost + Heart Swap
    • Cosmic Power Deoxys-D
    • will most likely include more as I think of them!
  • Each one will have:
    • A set
    • Why they're bad
    • What to use instead

wrote a brief intro to give an outline of article n_n.
Introduction:

STABmons is a metagame in which all Pokémon now gain access to any move that is the same type as their typing; for example, Keldeo can learn Water Spout and Vacuum Wave because it is a Water / Fighting type. These moves can be used in addition to any move that the Pokemon learned before; Keldeo can also use its normal moves such as Secret Sword and Hydro Pump. With these newfound moves, a whole world is opened up and a metagame is expanded to contain a diverse range of threats. One might see a variety of Pokémon in this metagame, ranging all the way from Diggersby to Sableye! But, what about the other moves? What about the moves that you run into on the lower ladder? That's what this article is here to discuss, gimmicks in the STABmons metagame!

"With great power, comes great responsibility." This is the basic premise of the majority of these Pokémon; running a move that they're entrusted with but really just shouldn't. Think of it like when you see a Choice Specs Blissey in OU and you just think to yourself, "why?" Why would you waste the potential of a Pokémon to be unique? Doesn't make sense if you ask me! I'll be going over various thing I myself have experienced on the ladder and what you, the reader, should be warned of and not use! And for those of you who have the misfortune, I will also be going over what you can do in the case of running into these sets on the ladder and how to prevent yourself from becoming angry at the ladder all through the while.

The Victims:

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Sorry about that, didn't mean to leave you hanging. But yeah, I can see this being an informative and interesting read. Approved!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)