What music do you have that the rest of Smogon apparEntly doesn't?

Bjork
Coheed and Cambria
The Flaming Lips
The Gorillaz
King Crimson (to an extent)
The Mars Volta (though they are my favorite, their latest CD feels like it's moving away from what they set out to be)
The Prize Fighter Inferno
Radiohead
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Thom Yorke

all i can think of at the moment, though i dont know how much of this other people have actually heard o.O;

HORSE the band is great stuff. Cutsman is one cool song.

Oh and bands that no one else knows of? not really since I got most of my music taste from smogon in the first place!

Probably Can, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Herbie Hancock, Hawkwind, Television, Camel and, if Abalam can be trusted, King Crimson.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Bjork
Coheed and Cambria
The Flaming Lips
The Gorillaz
King Crimson (to an extent)
The Mars Volta (though they are my favorite, their latest CD feels like it's moving away from what they set out to be)
The Prize Fighter Inferno
Radiohead
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Thom Yorke
I'm sorry, but your list makes me lol. The only name on that list I've never heard is The Prize Fighter Inferno, and the only ones I don't listen to on a regular basis are Coheed and Cambria and King Crimson. The rest of those names are fucking huge, I mean, you don't think any of us have heard of Radiohead or RHCP? You should take a look around this forum a bit.

academy is
acceptance
anberlin
the ataris
cartel
jack's mannequin
lifehouse
mae
motion city soundtrack
my chemical romance
relient k
story of the year
starting line
switchfoot

while most of this is mainstream, i feel like i'm the only one who likes punk rock on smogon.
i really, REALLY hate to be a fucking asshole here

but did you seriously just call those bands punk rock?

hehehe gunther

ooooh you touch my tra la la....

punk rock is usually older stuff sex pistols pogues stooges
then like clash dk cramps
and i guess blakc flag

riot 99 form toronto, FCO form toronto (who stayed at my apartment once) is more contremporary. my ex's roommate was all about that shit

suicidal tendencies is funny ahahhaha

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
hehehe gunther

ooooh you touch my tra la la....
ooooh my ding ding dong

lol most of them. (acceptance, jacks mannequin, mae, lifehouse, switchfoot no) i dunno thats what we call punk rock here in suburban new jersey. what would you consider them?
garbage, aka 3rd wave emo, aka post-punk trite/cliched nonsense, and Lifehouse and Switchfoot are neither, they're like post-grunge alt-rock, fucking terrible

and what would you call punk rock
old AFI, TSOL, The Vandals, etc.

dj dean
dj mangoo
dj mystik
gunther
skytran

trance.
Since people liked to critisize your list, I'll take part in that as well.

Calling Günther trance is like insulting trance to no end. Günther's music is dance/pop, yes, but there's a difference there. Not to mention that Günther is quiteful aweful.

i really, REALLY hate to be a fucking asshole here

but did you seriously just call those bands punk rock?

yeah dude. to me, punk is bands like the germs, the casualties, the voids, eskorbito, etc. i grew up with street punk and that's what i think punk is.

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I know I am a stereotyped emo but not EVERYTHING I listen to is whiny pop punk:

Death From Above 1979
DJ Format/Abdominal
Enter Shikari
Fandangle
Fort Minor
Hundred Reasons
Less Than Jake
Protest The Hero
Reuben
Zebrahead

I'm cool and listen to cool music look!

Amon Tobin
Aquabats
Dinosaur Jr.
Jamie Lidell
Ladytron
Patty Smith
Peter and Bjork
Dead Milkmen
TV on the Radio
Wolf Parade
The Darkness
Interpol

I'm pretty sure mostly everyone here has heard of these bands though

My Chemical Romance
Hard and Phirm (found them through the pi song)
Weird Al...
And I listen to a lot of Survivor, a lot more than just eye of the tiger

norulz

excellent
I think we can exculde HORSE the band..

I occasionally listen to them :-p

edit: hahaha kelogg, ladytron is <3 as I probably said before

lol most of them. (acceptance, jacks mannequin, mae, lifehouse, switchfoot no) i dunno thats what we call punk rock here in suburban new jersey. what would you consider them?

and what would you call punk rock
kinda late i guess

for street punk youve got stuff like the casualties, a global threat, whizkids, etc

for crust youve got discharge, amebix, aus-rotten (though some think they arent crust)

for pop punk (and i mean GOOD pop punk not the (BAN ME PLEASE)ry you see on mtv) youve got the falcon, none more black, lifetime

hardcore punk youve got bad brains, limp wrist, minor threat

dance punk has gems like black eyes, ex models, and fake shark - real zombie! (but a lot of dance punk nowadays is getting weird for the sake of sounding liek the blood brothers)

you have the oldschool stuff too like the ramones and the sex pistols and the clash, if youre into it

power violence kicks ass with bands like charles bronson, man is the bastard (hahaha i love that name), and ceremony

skatepunk... i dont listen to, ever, its really not my thing, so i cant really give you any examples of it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)