SV OU Volcanion is good peak 2k

Throughout the years, the turmoil and troubling times of SM, the dull slow play of SwSh, there has been one player there has been a single player notable for his seething hatred of the popular meta. A crusader of the anti-meta. A man who categorically refuses to tread where others have before him. A man who lusts for power and demands it from his Pokémon. I am Volcanionisgood and I am here to prove Volcanion is good.

screenshot peak 2.png

Mr. Big Steam

1689286430114.png

The focal point of any Volcanionisgood patented Bulky Offense build is nearly always the breaker. For this team, the honor goes to my namesake Pokémon, Volcanion, Mr. Big Steam himself. No longer shall I have to hear snide remarks such as "Your name is Volcanionisgood, where's the Volcanion." Well here it is. WHO'S LAUGHING NOW. I am top 30 on Pokémon showdown, and you probably have a life.

Choice specs Volcanion truly is an art form. And I, the Rembrant of this art. I tera this Pokémon early and often to paint my masterpiece of steam eruption 2hkoing resists and Ohkoing nearly everything else. Rounding out the set, it occasionally requires a deft hand to earth power a clodsire or toxapex on stall. Fire blast and flamethrower round out the set for stab, flamethrower to never miss, and fire blast to be a steam eruption substitute if pp has run out or they have water absorb. As for the EVs, Volcanion must outspeed the ever present threat Kingambit, and those mons that creep it. With all that investment, I decided to double down on the speed investment, and go max for the speed tie with opposing volcanions, a gigantic threat to this team and truly any team.

The only Pokémon you cannot just thoughtlessly click a move on, are clodsire, tera water slowking galar and other very bulky terad resists, and blissey. For nearly everything else, full steam ahead.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Tera Water Volcanion Steam Eruption vs. 252 HP / 64 SpD Toxapex: 139-164 (45.7 - 53.9%) -- 94.9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Tera Water Volcanion Steam Eruption vs. 252 HP / 100 SpD Tera Water Garganacl: 193-228 (47.7 - 56.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Mr. Dragapult

1689287662677.png

After placing Volcanion on the team, I thought "Hey I haven't used specs pult all gen, let's try it out." Dragapult has surprised even me in its impressive utility and power. Draco meteor and shadow ball, the best stab moves pult has to offer. Will-o-wisp, a necessary move to hit kingambit and zamzenta, who are major threats to this team. Furthermore, it cripples switch ins such as spedef corv and ting lu. Lastly, U-turn, because I am bad and don't like thinking. Infiltrator is the preferred ability to smash through screens and substitutes.

As for the tera typing. I masterfully put together the perfect tera set for specs pult, by not changing the default because I assumed that I would probably not be teraing this mon that often. My brilliant laziness was rewarded upon testing and playing games with this team. In fact, I would have to say Mr. Dragapult receives the terastalization the second highest amount, after Volcanion. Choice specs tera draco meteor is unbelievably strong, sometimes even garnering a better matchup than volcanion.

252 SpA Choice Specs Tera Dragon Dragapult Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Zapdos: 386-456 (100.5 - 118.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Tera Dragon Dragapult Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 100 SpD Tera Water Garganacl: 346-408 (85.6 - 100.9%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Fundurus

1689290514936.png

Holding the entire team together with his muscular arms, it's thundurus.

Many people are sleeping on this Pokemon, perhaps because it is completely walled by slowking galar and even grass knot does about 35% to ting lu. Enough about what my boy cannot do, let's talk about what it can do and what it does. Thundurus operates as the teams speed control, able to neutralize threats such as iron valiant and dragapult with a thunder wave. In addition, he can revenge kill enamorous, who if you are paying attention to the team, completely obliterates it. Grass knot sends tusk users crying to their cavewoman mothers. Focus blast rips the throne right out underneath kingambits butt. Thunderus is also this team's lead into samurott. It lives every move and takes down to sash with tbolt. Go hard into Corv on the aqua jet.

Tera fighting is necessary, because this mon does not really need or get terad often, and tera fighting allows an emergency way to beat kingambit by resisting sucker punch.

Ting-Who?

1689291239758.png

Able to live a supereffective specs moonblast from enamorous, a hydro steam from walking wake in sun.
Who's that pokemon.

It can only be the one and only Ting-lu.

Ting-lu performs the role of being the special switchin and the hazard setter admirably. However, a keen eyed observer would notice how annoying great tusk is to my team. Well my dear friend I have already taken that into account and this garbage set is purposefully useless against great tusk. In my infinite wisdom, I have realized that a ting lu on the field= a free double into pult/ a tera watered volcanion to pick up a kill on the incoming tusk. Play well and you too will revel in the situational usefulness of this set. Sidenote: this team is extremely weak to garg, go into this and get all the hazards up on it and wind around.

Tera poison is here, because as previously stated, this team gets rolled by specs enemorous. How did you forget I said that like one mon ago, idiot. It also is a jank tspike absorber if necessary.

Really only ever tera this if you are facing a specs fairy.

Good Knight

1689291715873.png

The diligent corviknight. Corviknight does the hard work in this team as the only physically defensive Pokémon on the team. Having to take on Kingambit, Iron Valiant, dragonite, great tusk, Baxcaliber many other threats, the wear and tear of battle causes Corviknight to fall after completing his duties. Yet, he does well enough to keep them all in check while he lives. Brave press is necessary to break ghold's balloon, do damage to gambit before and after tera, take on tusk, bax, and many other things. Defog is needed because, as usual for even the most perfect Volcanionisgood teams, we are incredibly weak to hazards. It is simply not feasible to throw uturn on this corviknight, despite the siren song of skilless pivoting.

Tera fairy is here to wall low kick gambit and resist valiant cc if it comes down to it. This Pokémon very rarely gets terad.

The Supreme One
1689292370793.png

Of course, this team has the king himself. While volcanion and dragapult blast holes through the opponents entire team, kingambit plots how he can win at the end at the very beginning of the game. As one of the greatest pokemon players of our generation, it is no surprise when I am down 3 mons at the end of the game and the supreme one brings it back from the brink of defeat. Stabs is preferable to low kick to hit paralyzed enamorous, a tera fairied garg or kingambit.

This team does not have a scarfer, the kings punch is highly valuable for revenge killing. This is also the pex switchin.

This Pokemon is terad the third most often. If you need tera fly to win, then hold onto it. Never give up on a game as long as you have him, he cannot be stopped.

Threats

Samurott: This is only a threat if it is not lead turn 1 and hit by thundurus. A taunt set annoys corviknight, and it has a good type matchup vs a lot of the team. Corviknight is the counterplay, but a weakened corviknight against a samurott team is a bad omen.

Kingambit: Absolutely the biggest threat. If you have 3 mons left at the end, you should be safe. With some combination of wisp pult corv forcing a tera or just killing, your own gambit, thundurus paralyzing a terad gambit. Hopefully it is hit early with a pult wisp or draco. If not, it can be very difficult to win against in the endgame.

Enamorous: beats almost the entire team. You probably will have to tera ting lu.

Hatterene: Tera water is highly annoying, volcanion can force a tera and it cannot really heal on volcanion, so volc and thundurus should be able to take care of it.

Iron Valiant: Tera electric just beats you, so play like it isn't tera electric and go hard corv on it. If it is tera electric, tera with gambit and kill it with kow into sucker hopefully.

Great tusk: speed boosting tusk does very well against this team. Go hard thundurus and tera fighting on ice spinner if they bulk up and kill with grass knot. if they attack, stay in and die. Pult will live from full and kill back.

Gholdengo: If its tera flying nasty plot, the counterplay is to call your opponent a loser. This is impossible to switch into. If it isn't, it isnt a threat.

Walking wake: Outplay with ting lu volcanion.

Replays:
6-0ing Weirdhampster's stall that got #1 on the ladder https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1902646064

Tera pult+ common King W https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1902637751

Gambit comeback https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1902272173

Vs speed boosting tusk https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1900325489

I don't really save replays tbh here's a youtube video, showing off my thought process and how I used a previous version of this team. (Same mons, just diff teras on Lu and Corv)

Final notes:

I am glad to be back in Pokémon. Here is the team, please use it if you want. I think it is a lot of fun to use.

Volcanion is good (pokepast.es)

Nice team! I'v been trying to make a volc (haha which one) team but I couldn't get the mons right. Nice selection of mons and I love Thundurus on this team too!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)