VGC VGC #2 The Storm Team of VGC

The reason I made this team was because I need to catch Thundurus before I can access Landorus for my first team. It is true that I could use a different Thundurus, but thundurus has a lower HP than Landorus and using a Final Gambit pokemon is tough. So I put together this rain team full of pokes that Thundurus could assist. Please note that I am not good with EV spreads so I would appreciate some assistance

Killbot 69 (Metagross) @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
Evs: 154 HP 252 Atk 108 SpDef
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Rock Slide
- Protect

I needed a pokemon to base the team around since Thundurus was more of a support pokemon so I chose the powerful Mega Metagross. I chose the bulky set since Speed wasn't needed due to the paralysis support. Meteor Mash and Zen Headbutt are two obvious STAB moves that Killbot 69 wrecks souls with. I may replace Meteor Mash with Iron Head due to the accuracy, but the Attack increase chance is hard to pass up. I chose Rock Slide over Ice Punch because I have plenty of users of Ice type attacks and Rock Slide has a chance to cause Flinches.

Thor (Thundurus) (M) Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 232 HP 248 Def 4 SpA 20 Spe
Bold Nature
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Taunt
Hidden Power [Ice]

The MVP of the team is here. Thor's main job to spread paralysis and to disrupt the other team as much as possible. I chose Bold nature because this format is much more physical oriented and it helps with Swagger. Thunderbolt is the obvious STAB, Thunder Wave is to spread paralysis, Taunt is to disrupt pokes like Amoonguss and Cresselia, and HP Ice is to deal with Garchomp and opposing Thundurus.

Slippy (Politoed (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP 20 Def 232 SpDef
Sassy Nature
Ivs: 0 Atk, 29 Spe
Scald
Ice Beam
Helping Hand
Protect

Slippy had to be somewhere since this is a Rain team and Killbot 69 hates Fire types. I chose Sassy so Politoed can better handle Electric types and so he can always set up the rain. The 29 IVs in Speed ensure Slippy outspeeds base 60s such as Mawile and is one point under Tyranitar. Scald is ran to try to burn pokes such as Bisharp, Scrafty, and Mega Kangaskhan. Icy Wind to help with Speed Control and to spread damage. Helping Hand is to help ensure important KOs and Protect is to increase Slippy's longetivity with Leftovers

México (Ludicolo) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP 252 SpA 252 Spe
Timid Nature
Ivs: 0 Atk
Fake Out
Giga Drain
Ice Beam
Protect

México is the obvious Fake Out lead Swift Swim abuser. His job is to provide offensive pressure and help with the lead. The Life Orb ensures that México hits as hard and Swift Swim as fast as possible. Giga Drain helps the team deal with Swampert and Rotom-W. Ice Beam allows Ludicolo to make quick work of opposing Thundurus and other Dragon types

Mufasa (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Evs: 40 HP 252 Atk 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
Earthquake
Rock Slide
U-Turn
Superpower

Mufasa make another return to the team. Scarf Landorus-T is just way too good in VGC. I chose him for the same role as my last team; Hit and Run. I also chose him to help the team deal with pesky Electric types. The 212 Speed EVs ensure that Mufasa outspeeds Mega Manectric by one point. Earthquake is an obvious STAB and Rock Slide helps the team deal with Zard Y. U-Turn promotes the Hit and Run strategy and Superpower hits Mega Kangaskhan hard

Cerberus (Hydreigon) (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
Evs: 4 HP 252 SpA 252 Spe
Modest Nature
Ivs: 0
Draco Meteor
Dark Pulse
Earth Power
Flash Cannon

When coming of the last pokemon, I wanted to pick something that hits like Truck and helps deal with the common pokes of VGC. I chose the Choice Specs and Modest Nature to ensure Hydreigon hits as hard as possible. Draco Meteor obliterates anything without a Sash or resistance and the Specs allow Cerberus to fire again. Dark Pulse deals with Cresselia, Dusclops, and other Psychic and Ghost types. Earth Power deals with Heatran, Excadrill, and other Electric types that give the team trouble. I gave Cerberus Flash Cannon for one reason, obliterating all traces of Sylveon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)