Valve's New Game Announced, Detailed: Dota 2

norulz

excellent
at least it's not Left 4 Dead 3

would be yet another kick in the balls to me since I just bought l4d2 like a week ago (much like the first, I bought the games aprx. 1 year after release)

i was never into the whole DotA deal but who knows, Valve's games usually deliver, so I might just try this

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't think buying a game for $6 a year after release gives you reason to bitch about a sequel coming out so soon.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
Really psyched for this, hopefully it will make it onto the mac eventually.

I'm very glad that a standalone game is finally coming out. The shortcomings of the war3 engine are starting to show itself with many new spells and items not working as they should. I've played the original DotA since it first came out (so ~8 years) and I don't play on stopping anytime soon. I just hope it's not P2P!

so far they don't offer that much compared to the original, just

- better graphics that can just make the system reqs be higher
(original dota's graphics are good enough as is, plus the "omg pretty graphics" gets old after 2 games;
also out of the new lina/trax/bloodseeker/morph concept art hero models, only the morph one looks good)
- built-in voice chat (not a huge deal for teams to get Skype / Ventrillo, and I don't want to hear random immature kids screaming in pubs)
- community features for people who have unlimited time (well I guess it might be interesting to see how the coaching system works out)
- matchmaking system, which is possibly the only thing that might be worth getting it for

based on what they have to offer for now, I think I'll stay with the the original dota

norulz

excellent
I don't think buying a game for $6 a year after release gives you reason to bitch about a sequel coming out so soon.
it was €15 which is like $18, and I bought left 4 dead 2 for the same prize

and yeah I was the only one upset about it

there wasn't a boycott or anything

http://www.dota2.com/

Website is up along with an FAQ, though I don't think there's any significant new info there yet. I'm excited to see that this is really happening, though it'll obviously be a while before it comes out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)