Tournament UUPL VIII - Week 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Tournament Rules and General Guidelines
- Best of 3 tiers include SS UU, SM UU and ORAS UU. Both players can decide what tier to play first, and if they can't agree, then the first tier will default to SS UU. Loser picks the tier after that.
- Liepard and Riolu are banned from BW UU
- Baton Pass is banned from BW UU, DPP UU, and ADV UU
- All standard tournament rules apply
- Good luck and have fun!

Week 4:

Mikan Island Monsters (5) vs (5) Ruin Valley Rangers

SS UU: TDK vs. ZoroDark
SS UU: Kushalos vs. MetaRiolu7
SS UU: Ajna vs. Sabella
SM UU: suapah vs. Eternally
ORAS UU: Garay oak vs. Pak
BW UU: FLCL vs. choolio
DPP UU: Eo Ut Mortus vs. brewfasa
ADV UU: ict vs. BKC
GSC UU: d0nut vs. alive
Bo3: TonyFlygon vs. HT

Blackthorn Battle Girls (4) vs. (6) Canalave City Clowns

SS UU: Star vs. lax
SS UU: teal6 vs. ggggd
SS UU: Jaajgko vs. Luthier
SM UU: HarrisIsAwesome vs. Empo
ORAS UU: Killintime vs. Eternal Spirit
BW UU: EviGaro vs. Lopunny Kicks
DPP UU: atomicllamas vs. Thiago Nunes
ADV UU: The Kyle vs. Bouff
GSC UU: gorgie vs. HSA
Bo3: robjr vs. yeezyknows

Iki Town Idols (3) vs. (7) Eterna Forest Veterans

SS UU: Sage vs. Accelgor
SS UU: Freeroamer vs. PinkDragonTamer
SS UU: Lilburr vs. Indigo Plateau
SM UU: Shiba vs. esche
ORAS UU: Moutemoute vs. dingbat
BW UU: SPACE FORCE meeps vs. Amukamara
DPP UU: Chill Shadow vs. Stone_Cold
ADV UU: Hogg vs. Raichy
GSC UU: kaori vs. Mr.378
Bo3: Juuno vs. CBU

Camphrier Town Ladies (5) vs. (5) Friend Safari Pokemon Trainers

SS UU: Xiri vs. Bebo
SS UU: 100%GXE vs. vivalospride
SS UU: Hikari vs. Odd Della Robbia
SM UU: Christo vs. FUMA HI-FI
ORAS UU: Santu vs. Thisbemyalt
BW UU: r0ady vs. Alkione
DPP UU: Heysup vs. Donphantastic
ADV UU: Sam I Yam vs. Noitu
GSC UU: Zokuru vs. Sinkyr
Bo3: Adaam vs. Sacri'

Deadline will be Sunday, April 12th at 11:59 PM GMT-4

Good luck to everyone! If you've been winning, congrats and keep it up! If you've been losing, then don't feel to down. Instead, work twice as hard to grab a win this week and if not this week, then the next and the next and so on. I know you all can do it. :psyglad:

Last edited:
Lilburr has ascended and won vs. TDK. She is now a free bird, and as such I will no longer threaten to disown her. This week, she faces against masters semi-finalist Indigo Plateau. Will she keep up her streak? Let’s find out...

As always, good luck to the Veterans, and let’s go Idols! We had a rough week last time but it’s time to turn things around!

Lily

is this what you wanted?
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
I'm still pretty new and don't know all these players, but after watching 3 weeks of this tour I think I can at least try my hand at some predicts. Don't roast me too hard if they suck!

SS UU: TDK vs ZoroDark - TDK is an amazing player regardless of what his record shows, and Zoro - despite also being a very strong player - hasn't really been able to maintain his activity up to this point. Even if he can find the time to battle this week, I'm not sure how motivated he'll be when building or playing. Solid edge for TDK.

SS UU: Kushalos vs MetaRiolu7 - This is a tough one to call, I really have no idea. I think Kushalos has a playing edge but MR7 certainly has a chance to upset. No real edge.

SS UU: Ajna vs Sabella - HL game for sure. Ajna and Sabella have both shown to be on top form as of late, and their records prove it. I'm giving the edge to Sabella because his unorthodox strategies have been really impressive (and also because I love the rat) and have a decent chance to throw Ajna off, but this one can absolutely go either way.

SM UU: suapah vs Eternally - suapah is coming off a nice win and Eternally isn't doing so well rn. That said, Eternally has a lot more experience in the meta, and that makes it really tough for me to bold suapah.

ORAS UU: Garay oak vs Pak - I'm gonna be so sad if I dont see this live ;_; these two are some of the best ORAS players out there. I'm giving the edge to Pak because he has more experience specifically in UU but these guys are both insane and could easily take it.

BW UU: FLCL vs choolio - Both of these guys are doing really well rn. Their W3 games both had a bit of luck involved but it's still pretty clear that they're out for blood in this tier. Minor edge to FLCL for no real reason, I've just been slightly more impressed with him.

DPP UU: Eo Ut Mortus vs brewfasa
ADV UU: ict vs BKC
GSC UU: d0nut vs alive

idk shit about these tiers so I'm not gonna act like I do, I'm just bolding who I've been more impressed with

Bo3: TonyFlygon vs HT - Tony has been super impressive this tour tbh, taking only a single loss to the very talented Star. I don't know much about HT and, while I've heard he's very talented, he has seemed like he's struggling to find his feet a bit. Decent edge.

Overall, 4-4. Should be fun to watch.

SS UU: Star vs lax - These guys are both insanely talented and the fact that I finally get to watch them play makes me very happy. I'm giving the bold to lax because he looks pretty much unstoppable at his current rate, but if anyone can take him it's Star, so the edge is only small.

SS UU: teal6 vs ggggd - pablo's a great player for sure but teal's doing really well with his crazy ass teams. I wanna see Crustle HO this time sir

SS UU: Jaajgko vs Luthier - No idea on this one. From what I've seen it can go either way. If I had to pick, I'd give Luthier the tiniest of edges simply because he's doing really well so far.

SM UU: HarrisIsAwesome vs Empo - Harris is most certainly awesome but I have consumed the Empo kool-aid and there are very few people I'd bold over him. That said, Harris knows the tier inside out and that might come into play here over Empo's superior playing skill.

ORAS UU: Killintime vs Eternal Spirit - KT has impressed me a lot this tour and I think he has the potential to beat any player in the pool. This could definitely go either way, but for now I'm giving him a decent edge.

BW UU: EviGaro vs Lopunny Kicks - This is a matchup between the two unluckiest people alive. One of them is going to click metronome and get Self-Destruct while the other one gets fully paralysed for the 27th turn in a row. No idea how this is going.

DPP UU: atomicllamas vs Thiago Nunes
ADV UU: The Kyle vs Bouff
GSC UU: gorgie vs HSA

same as last time

Bo3: robjr vs yeezyknows - This is gonna be so much fun to watch oml. I'm super high on both of these people's abilities as players and I think it could rly go either way. I'm giving rob the edge because I think he's got a little more support and yeezy's a little prone to tilt, plus I think rob has been slightly more impressive in ORAS - that said, there's a decent chance yeezy just sweeps this up in two. Not a huge edge.

Edit:

Overall it's... 4-4 again. I swear this isn't intentional akjdhkljh

Iki Town Idols (0) vs. (0) Eterna Forest Veterans

SS UU: Sage vs Accelgor - zoey's unbeatable
SS UU: Freeroamer vs PinkDragonTamer - roamer's also unbeatable
SS UU: Lilburr vs Indigo Plateau - i'm beatable but i need to bold myself to make sure this is clean
SM UU: Shiba vs esche - shiboat
ORAS UU: Moutemoute vs dingbat - wyd when he wonder launches the moomoo milk
BW UU: SPACE FORCE meeps vs Amukamara - meeps has 2x more wins than anyone else in the tour so
DPP UU: Chill Shadow vs Stone_Cold - miss chance means NOTHING
ADV UU: Hogg vs Raichy - hogg has been playing since i was 4
GSC UU: kaori vs Mr. 378 - animal crossing has empowered him
Bo3: bugzinator vs CBU - how do you predict the unpredictable

10-0 in favour of us, obviously.

SS UU: Xiri vs Bebo - Both of these guys are great players, but I've been more impressed with Bebo's performance so far. As long as he puts a wide lens on his Noivern he should be fine.

SS UU: 100%GXE vs vivalospride - GOD BLESS 100%GXE but I can't bold against the web man here. Both of these guys use quite a lot of unorthodox stuff that could easily throw the other off, and they have much higher playing ceilings than you'd think on first glance. That said, viv's just more consistent, so I have faith in him here to get the win.

SS UU: Hikari vs Odd Della Robbia - Bolding against ODR is sinful. Hikari could definitely take this one without a doubt, but ODR has been on a ridiculously hot streak for quite a while now and doesn't show any signs of stopping. Solid edge.

SM UU: Christo vs FUMA HI-FI - Fuma has been playing well and his record is really unfortunate because it doesn't accurately show his skills as a player at all. That said, he's fighting Christo, who is pretty much as good as it gets in the SM pool. Far from unwinnable, but decent edge to Christo.

ORAS UU: Santu vs Thisbemyalt - Santu is a great player, he's just been a little prone to tilting. I've been impressed with TBMA so far so I'm giving him a slight edge, but ORAS is wild so this could go anywhere.

BW UU: r0ady vs Alkione - I'm yet to see anything of Alkione so I have nothing to go off there. r0ady has been pretty solid so far and can probably take this one fairly handily but I really dunno who Alkione is so I could be way off on this one.

DPP UU: Heysup vs Donphantastic - I know I said idk shit about DPP but OMG I WANNA SEE THIS!! It'd be a crime of me to not bold carlos but Heysup is ridiculous in his own right and could take this. Super excited to see this one.

ADV UU: Sam I Yam vs. Noitu
GSC UU: Zokuru vs Sinkyr

Bo3: Adaam vs Sacri' - Hoooooly shit. This has gotta be the best bo3 matchup there is. These are two players I really look up to and I really want to see this. Not sure who has the edge, I just can't wait to watch.

3-6 in favour of the Friends. Do me proud guys!

Really enjoying UUPL so far, ty to everyone for making it so much fun and a big big thank you to the Idols for just being amazing people. Ily all <3

Last edited:

Adaam

إسمي جف
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Grand Slam Winner
Extremely biased predictions:

Mikan Island Monsters (6) vs (4) Ruin Valley Rangers

SS UU: TDK vs. ZoroDark - TDK will beat whoever subs in Sunday night using Darmanitan sun.
SS UU: Kushalos vs. MetaRiolu7 - This guy might be the only guy in this tour with numbers at the end of his name. Big edge
SS UU: Ajna vs. Sabella - Booty and I go way back (last SPL), he's been grinding UU big time.
SM UU: suapah vs. Eternally - Suapah kinda gave the business to Shiba last week so I have him winning
ORAS UU: Garay oak vs. Pak - Two ORAS kings, but gotta give the edge to the man who has Mandiqueen tattooed on his left buttcheek.
BW UU: FLCL vs. choolio - Despite being named after an anime TV series, FLCL is great
DPP UU: Eo Ut Mortus vs. brewfasa - Eo recreated my favorite Pokemon anime battle by bringing Zard vs a Blaziken and for that I will always bold him.
ADV UU: ict vs. BKC - The loser of this battle will be forced to add a fourth letter to their name and I simply cannot see BKC losing with that at stake
GSC UU: d0nut vs. alive - Mmm donuts...
Bo3: TonyFlygon vs. HT - By day Tony is grinding at the hospital while simultaneously theorizing dozens of counter teams for his opponents. I'd be foolish to not pick him

Blackthorn Battle Girls (4) vs. (6) Canalave City Clowns

SS UU: Star vs. lax - lax has been washing people left and right
SS UU: teal6 vs. ggggd - I fully expect teal to innovate UU spikestack screens sticky web offense but will lose to mono Infiltrator + Boots mons.
SS UU: Jaajgko vs. Luthier - I remember Jaajgko peaked SM ladder using triple water stall in a Xurkitree metagame so he's definitely got the talent
SM UU: HarrisIsAwesome vs. Empo - Looks like Harris is awesome once more hohoho! He seems to finally be able to win in the greatest tier SM UU
ORAS UU: Killintime vs. Eternal Spirit - Gama will bring some wax set like that Cress last week and tilt kt off the face Saudi Arabia
BW UU: EviGaro vs. Lopunny Kicks -
DPP UU: atomicllamas vs. Thiago Nunes - He playes like Silva doe
ADV UU: The Kyle vs. Bouff - The Kyle
GSC UU: gorgie vs. HSA - HSA 5k is a giant meme I am still upset I didn't upbid because I was too busy in a different tab donating to an e-girl's twitch stream looking at my draft plan.
Bo3: robjr vs. yeezyknows - Somehow the yeezer won a series last week oml but he unfortunately won't have the sauce to beat rob, who should be a lady but Finchinator refused to let me retain him

Iki Town Idols (4) vs. (5) Eterna Forest Veterans

SS UU: Sage vs. Accelgor - In elementary school I traded Sage my Kadabra to evolve it in Pokemon Emerald, but she immediately ran away and never gave it back. What the fuck Sage ?
SS UU: Freeroamer vs. PinkDragonTamer - I am surprised to see PDT out of SM. Despite Freeroamer clearly being ghosted in all his games, he has been packing certified sauce so edge to him.
SS UU: Lilburr vs. Indigo Plateau - The fresh new face vs the guy who forgot his Golispod got knocked. I kid I kid..this should be a good one
SM UU: Shiba vs. esche - Oml esche is heat but I do not know much of his SM prowess. I expect Shiba to bust out his patented Blissey this week and win
ORAS UU: Moutemoute vs. dingbat - Moute kinda flexed as fuck last week in his debut, edge to him here
BW UU: SPACE FORCE meeps vs. Amukamara - Liam once 6-0d me using Shaymin on the SM ladder and shit talked me in DMs. Kinda savage tbh
DPP UU: Chill Shadow vs. Stone_Cold - Dave has been going full Rocky to prove his worth in UU
ADV UU: Hogg vs. Raichy - Hogg will play with his kid watching and give him play by play explanations so that he can take over during playoffs EDIT: I have been informed Hogg shaved his beard and thus lost his ability to play Pokemon. He will never win again.
GSC UU: kaori vs. Mr.378 - He waxed my GSC player with a Pikachu LMAO this dude's heat.
Bo3: bugzinator vs. CBU - CBU washed me so hard last week his country's GDP tripled overnight. How could I pick against him?

yeezyknows

Banned deucer.
ppl keep asking so i keep doing this

SS UU: TDK vs. ZoroDark (60-40) tdk is better, zoro is a phenomenal player but i highly doubt tdk goes 0-4 in uupl

SS UU: Kushalos vs. MetaRiolu7 (60-40) kush is better, MR7 got punked by pablo last week but he's a solid player in general and knows the meta as evidenced by his masters run, but i favor kush's experience here.

SS UU: Ajna vs. Sabella (55-45) two great players, but ajna is a lower tier king and he got mad when i didnt bold him vs sage last week. sab's tryharding uu and he's also an amazing player so the edge here isnt massive.

SM UU: suapah vs. Eternally (55-45) suapah is the better overall player, but eternally's a great sm uu player and the level of support they have is relatively even so i favor eternally's experience here.

ORAS UU: Garay oak vs. Pak (55-45) i highly doubt pak goes 0-4, as he's easily the best oras uu in the field.

BW UU: FLCL vs. choolio (60-40) fooly's better but choolio's superior meta knowledge could throw him for a loop here.

DPP UU: Eo Ut Mortus vs. brewfasa loving these dpp uu matches. no distinct edge here.

ADV UU: ict vs. BKC (60-40) bkc's team support has been amazing and his playing is second to none, props to gc and whoever else is working behind the scenes on his builds.

GSC UU: d0nut vs. alive (55-45) alive should rebound from last week's loss, he's still top 3 gsc uu in this pool.

Bo3: TonyFlygon vs. HT (55-45) i favor tony slightly here, but they're similar both in play and in metagame knowledge.

SS UU: Sage vs. Accelgor: impossible to bold either one, both amazing players and builders. hope to catch this live.

SS UU: Freeroamer vs. PinkDragonTamer: battle of the top-tier mainers. should be a phenomenal game as i put these two pretty closely in terms of overall skill in both playing and building.

SS UU: Lilburr vs. Indigo Plateau (60-40) i don't expect lily to go to 4-0, but she's proven to be a viable starting option in uupl which is awesome. regardless, IP is a more polished and consistent player.

SM UU: Shiba vs. esche (60-40) shiba's better.

ORAS UU: Moutemoute vs. dingbat (55-45) moute surprised me and did well versus garay last week, strong support is obviously there and i'm happy to see that. I do favor dingbat's ORAS experience, but this matchup is a lot closer to 51-49 than 55-45

BW UU: SPACE FORCE meeps vs. Amukamara: i initially favored amukamara here but the level of bw uu support both sides have is relatively even, with amukamara and accel on one side and chill/bugzi on the other. as a result, i dont think either has a distinct edge here.

DPP UU: Chill Shadow vs. Stone_Cold (55-45) chill's played dpp uu in official formats more recently than dave but i don't give him a massive edge here, as dave's been playing dpp for ages.

ADV UU: Hogg vs. Raichy (55-45) these matchups are all honestly really close. i don't give raichy a massive edge here, as it's a lot closer to 51-49 than it is 55-45. both hogg and raichy know the meta like the backs of their hands, but raichy's had more consistent results here recently, so i favor him slightly.

GSC UU: kaori vs. Mr.378 (60-40) sam's top 3 gsc uu, mr. 378 is still relatively new to the gsc uu scene.

Bo3: bugzinator vs. CBU (60-40) cbu's been insane this tour, taking down 2 solid players and yeezyknows in the first three weeks. his oras has also been amazing, which is scary for everyone in the bo3 slot.

SS UU: Xiri vs. Bebo (60-40) xiri isn't going 0-4, sorry bebo i love you but xiri is a better player and the level of support is relatively even.

SS UU: 100%GXE vs. vivalospride (60-40) viv has more tour experience but gxe's a solid player and i'm glad he's getting recognition here.

SS UU: Hikari vs. Odd Della Robbia (60-40) ODR's been doing phenomenally and his building/team support's been great. great pilot w a solid edge here.

SM UU: Christo vs. FUMA HI-FI (70-30) rooting for fuma but christo's a demon. strong edge.

ORAS UU: Santu vs. Thisbemyalt (70-30) been high on santu for ages, he's gonna farm the oras pool in this tour (except gama). i don't expect tbma to win this one.

BW UU: r0ady vs. Alkione

DPP UU: Heysup vs. Donphantastic super hype to see this. arguably two of the best dpp uu builders. it's honestly super cool to look at old dpp uu analyses and see "written by heysup" on them. super excited to see the innovations these guys bring.

ADV UU: Sam I Yam vs. Noitu (65-35) noitu hasn't proven anything yet. if sam's able to play, he should win this.

GSC UU: Zokuru vs. Sinkyr (60-40) zok's better.

Bo3: Adaam vs. Sacri' hype mu, hope i catch it live.

pdt

is a Past SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
sm dicts

suapah vs. Eternally - suapah coming off a solid win versus shib, but he had a super good mu. both great players, but gonna bold eternally for his experience in the tier, slight edge

HarrisisAwesome vs. Empo - harris brings solid builds and has more experience in the tier, but empo has yeezy support and is a more established player as well as coming off a great win w/ pdt team, slight edge

Shiba vs. esche - cbu told me to say that shiba sucks and fire ass esche

Christo vs. FUMA HI-FI - awesome game between two great sm uu players, christo is stupidly consistent in teamtour format but doesn't mean fuma can't win

great mus this week hope for some good games n go vets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)