UU Simple Questions Thread

What do people recommend using mega aggron or forretress as a stealth rock support? Mega aggron has more overall bulk and probably a better ability, while forretress has rapid spin and leftovers recovery.
I really depends on what your team needs. If you need a spinner and/or another mega, go with Forry. Otherwise, mega Aggron is probably superior. It has better bulk and can actually do something back to a lot of mons. A big problem with Forretress is that it's set-up fodder for a lot of Pokémon (yes it has Volt Switch, but you're still giving them a free turn if you don't predict right, and there's ground types too).

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
imo maggron is kind of a bad pokemon. maybe im just using it incorrectly but i just dont really like it. though last gen, i thought forry was good even if some found it outclassed by ferro in OU

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Honestly, if you need a Steel-type to setup Rocks and tank hits from both ends of the spectrum, M-Aggron is better (use a 252/252+ SpDef spread) However, if you need more of a pure physical wall with access to all entry hazards and Rapid Spin, go with Forretress. Note that M-Aggron takes up your mega slot preserve , so you'll have to go Forretress if you plan on using another Mega.

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
^meggron is gr8 but it usually likes the 252 hp 252 spdef impish spread more in my experience because it gets a lot of defense points just from the nature and it lets it take all physical moves (choice band v-create anyone?!?) much more easily. Ernesto edit: If you're gonna use that spread I recommend 240 HP / 16 Def / 252 SpDef Impish to hit a jump point.

On another note...why is there no Freeze Clause? Or why isn't Freeze clause standard? Freeze clause isn't used because unlike in RBY, thawing doesn't depend entirely on the opponent.

I asked this question a couple of years ago actually on Team Uber's forums (so I'm not sure if that was gen4 or 5) but nobody really responded. I know Freeze clauses hasn't been part of the game since idk a loooong time ago but Smogon's rules differ from cartridge rules.

What are good teammates for choice band flygon?
Something that can take out/wall physical walls like Hippodown, Slowbro and Suicune. Celebi could be good choice, since it gets U-turn and scald burns are healed with natural cure. Shaymin is another option.

Something that can take out/wall physical walls like Hippodown, Slowbro and Suicune. Celebi could be good choice, since it gets U-turn and scald burns are healed with natural cure. Shaymin is another option.
i have tried it but it makes me more weak to weavile.

On another note...why is there no Freeze Clause? Or why isn't Freeze clause standard? Freeze clause isn't used because unlike in RBY, thawing doesn't depend entirely on the opponent.

I asked this question a couple of years ago actually on Team Uber's forums (so I'm not sure if that was gen4 or 5) but nobody really responded. I know Freeze clauses hasn't been part of the game since idk a loooong time ago but Smogon's rules differ from cartridge rules.
There's no freeze clause because it's really impossible to intentionally abuse. There are no moves that offer guaranteed or even reasonably-accurate freeze chance, leaving it as simply a very powerful potential side effect of moves more commonly used for their offensive properties like Ice Beam and Blizzard.

There is a sleep clause because without it, there's nothing stopping me from passing a speed boost to a Smeargle and proceeding to spore/darkvoid+roar your team until the entire team is asleep.

Is there a list of what's actually IN UU right now? All I've been able to find is banlists, and "Everything in Ubers is banned in OU; everything in Ubers and OU is banned in UU" isn't exactly very specific.

Is there a list of what's actually IN UU right now? All I've been able to find is banlists, and "Everything in Ubers is banned in OU; everything in Ubers and OU is banned in UU" isn't exactly very specific.
You can check that from Pokemon showdown teambuilder. And basically UU consist of everything that is not OU/BL or Uber

Apologies if its already been asked, but can you stop defog by using a move such as memento/healing wish/explosion to faint your pokemon, and make defog fail due to the lack of a target?

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
i have tried it but it makes me more weak to weavile.
Use a Weavile counter then. Mega Aggron and/or Florges do the job nicely.
Apologies if its already been asked, but can you stop defog by using a move such as memento/healing wish/explosion to faint your pokemon, and make defog fail due to the lack of a target?
Yes, that's a strategy I once used in an HO team in OU.

What are some good partners to Mega Absol? Is it worth having a wish passer on my team (with mega absol)? Thanks.

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
MrPleh , Absol is a fairly flexible Pokemon. Absol's best teammates generally depend on what you use for your physical coverage move. If you use Superpower, Absol will need Nidoqueen and Machamp weakened a bit to ensure KOs. Psychic-types such as Celebi and Mew can be used to take down such threats. If you go for Psycho Cut, Absol needs teammates to take down the likes of Umbreon, Porygon2, and Snorlax. Fighting-types such as Heracross, Mienshao, and Toxicroak can be used for this.

where can I look to find a simple, up to date banlist for UU? I don't want to sift through a thread, I don't want anything to be ambiguous, just a list of pokemon, items and ability combinations that are not kosher in UU. The tiering thread is not clear - it says something like "here's the banlist in the order we will be testing them... and then here are some more vague posts and thundurusT..." With no info on which of if any mega stones are banned, etc.

Klefki
Hydreigon
Staraptor
Magnezone
Crawdaunt
Salamence
Zygarde
Haxorus
Tornadus-T
Gardevoirite
Drought
Medichamite
Hawlucha
Diggersby
Heracronite
Scolipede
Gothitelle / Shadow Tag
Wobbuffet / Shadow Tag
Drizzle
Swagger

These are all banned + any Pokemon that is OU.

Klefki
Hydreigon
Staraptor
Magnezone
Crawdaunt
Salamence
Zygarde
Haxorus
Tornadus-T
Gardevoirite
Drought
Medichamite
Hawlucha
Diggersby
Heracronite
Scolipede
Gothitelle / Shadow Tag
Wobbuffet / Shadow Tag
Drizzle
Swagger

These are all banned + any Pokemon that is OU.
I think he wanted a thread to watch or add to favorites.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)