UU All Offense (+Jumpluff) > Celtic Kickers

First of all, I know the title sucks and has no relevance whatsoever (the Celtic Kickers part) but meh, it sounds good, so why not?

Anyway, I have always been an offensive player no matter what game I play, but for some reason I have always tried to create balanced teams in Pokémon. I created a few very good teams but now I have a new computer and I forgot to backup them. So, I tried to create new balanced teams but none of them really seemed to work out, so I decided to go for an All Offensive team (+Jumpluff)

Team at Glance:

Please excuse me if the pictures are too large, I couldn't figure out how to put them in a spoiler.

Team in-depth:

Jumpluff
@Leftovers
Jolly
252Hp/252Spe/6Atk

- Sleep Powder
- Stun Spore
- U-Turn
- Encore

Jumpluff, my only non-offensive Pokémon. What it does is to use Sleep Powder to put the opponent to sleep, and when the opponent (hopefully) switches I hit them with Stun Spore. When Jumpluffs earlygame-phase is done I U-Turn out to bring him back later in the match and sleep/para some more Pokémon. Also, if Sleep Powder misses the first turn and my opponent use Stealth Rock I use Encore so I can Sleep Powder away without worrying.

Houndoom - Flash Fire
@Life Orb
Timid
252SpA/252Spe/6Hp

- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- HP Fly

Houndoom is one of my best sweepers. With an amazing Special Attack stat, boosted by a Nasty Plot and a Life Orb, Houndoom is nothing to joke about. For example, a +2 Life Orb and Flash Fire boosted Fire Blast 2HKOs a 252hp Chansey 100% of the time. Dark Pulse is there for another powerful stab move, but this one with 100% accuracy. Dark Pulse and Fire Blast gives quite good coverage itself, but with HP Flying I'm able to hit pretty much everything for atleast neutral damage.
The plan here

Swellow
@Toxic Orb
Jolly
252Atk/252Spe/6SpD

- Protect
- Facade
- U-Turn
- Brave Bird

With my previous teams getting swept by Swellow a lot of times before I edited them to have a proper counter, I felt that I just HAD to try it. First I protect to scout for surprising supereffective move + activating Toxic Orb to power up Facade and activating guts. If I have to bring it in early to force a switch i U-Turn to see the enemies counter. Brave Bird is for a powerful STAB, and I suppose you could say the same about Facade, except that Facade is a whole lot more powerful.

Zangoose
@Life Orb
Jolly
252Atk/252Spe/6Hp

- Swords Dance
- Return
- Close Combat
- Shadow Claw

Zangoose, another physical sweeper. After a Swords Dance this thing is deadly, OHKOing pretty much everything. I chose Shadow Claw over Quick Attack to hit ghosts. Return for a powerful STAB, Close Combat for its general awesomeness and coverage. Swords Dance for obvious reasons and Shadow Claw is already explained.

Mismagius
@Leftovers
Timid
48Hp/252Spe/210SpA

- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- HP Fighting
- Substitute

Yay, Mismagius! This Pokémon has been on pretty much all my succesful teams, both in UU and OU. It's just so awesome, unlike that stupid Nasty Plot Mismagius. I use Calm Mind over Nasty Plot cause it's waaaaaaaaaaay easier to set up + harder to counter. Shadow Ball and HP Fighting gives perfect coverage and Calm Mind boosts SpA and SpD. Substitute protects from status. The plan is to switch in on any slower special attacker like Blissey/Chansey, first use sub and hope they use Toxic/T-Wave and if they use an attackingmove, see how much it does and Calm Mind till it does less than 25% and then Calm Mind away. Generally it looks like this while setting up: Sub - Calm Mind - Sub - Calm Mind - Calm Mind - Sub - Calm Mind Calm Mind Calm Mind - Sub - Sweep
Usually I don't go all the way up to 6, only against Blissey/Chansey.

Rhyperior
@Life Orb
Jolly
252Atk/252Spe

- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Megahorn

Rhyperior, the in my opinion best physical sweeper in the game, both in OU and UU. This is another guy that is on pretty much all my succesful team. After a Rock Polish, not much outspeeds this thing, especially not in UU. Except for most choice scarfers of course. With Rhyperiors ENORMOUS physical attack, proceed to sweep teams. Easy. Earthquake and Stone Edge for two powerful stabs, Megahorn for coverage.

So, I haven't seen any Pokémon that walls this team completely, but I have only used it for 20 or so battles. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

~ Strik3

Meru

ate them up
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
UUPL Champion
Jumpluff leads are great but the only problem I have with them is Lum Berry leads kind of nerf them unless they carry Lum Berries themselves. Lum Berry Mesprit Thunder Waving you in particular.

And I'd say replace Zangoose with another Swords Dancer. For some options, maybe Sceptile, Leafeon, Drapion or Sneasel? Sceptile/Leafeon in particular could give you a secondary water resist assuming Jumpluff got her cottonball ass kicked. Or even Toxicroak to form the amazing Houndoom/Toxicroak duo.

You dont have to make this change im offering,just optional. You could try this houndoom set

Houndoom@life orb
Abillity flash fire
Nature Hasty
Evs 252 soA 232 spe 20atk
-Nasty plot
-Fire blast/flamethrower
-Dark pulse
-Sucker punch

With this houndoom set you could get a powerful priority move on houndoom for a priority emergency,but it's up to you, your houndoom set is good too tho.

CBMence- Hariyama with thick fats walls that set completely, so i think either remove nasty plot for hp fly if you want, or just keep the original set.

I feel that your mismagius should run Nasty Plot instead of Calm Mind since your team is based on offense. Your current mismagius is currently countered by both clefable and registeel. Clefable can encore whatever you do (which would be hp fight obviously) while taking around 50-60%, and switch out to appropriate counter, while registeel can just iron head all the way while taking minimum damage from hp fighting.

However, if you go for Nasty plot and carry life orb instead of leftovers, You deal around 90% to clefable, nearly OHKO'ing it which means it won't switch in and encore you the next time round, and it almost always 2HKO registeel with hp fighting, while iron head is also a 2HKO, so you will win registeel one on one. If you want to use Nasty Plot, i also suggest using thunderbolt instead of sub, because if not milotic will give you a harder time than the calm mind set.

As for Zangoose, why not use Ursaring with quick feet and toxic orb instead? It has more speed and more power (due to facade having more power than return), and also learns whatever Zangoose learns. I suggest using Ursaring with the following stats:
252att, 252spe, 4hp, jolly
Swords dance
Facade
Close Combat
Crunch

I believe this will help you more. The only thing Zangoose has over Ursaring is a prioriity, but since you aren't using it on Zangoose, you are better off using Ursaring.

Milotic with Haze walls your entire team for the most part (Zangoose can break through it, but is gonna take a lot of damage). The best change in my opinion would be to replace Zangoose with a Sceptile. Any set will work, and use Swords Dance if you want to still have a Swords Dancer. So something like:

Sceptile@ Life orb
Jolly
252 Atk/ 252 Spe
-Swords Dance
-Leaf Blade
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide/ X- Scissor

Thanks for your suggestions everyone!

CBMence- Hariyama with thick fats walls that set completely, so i think either remove nasty plot for hp fly if you want, or just keep the original set.

I feel that your mismagius should run Nasty Plot instead of Calm Mind since your team is based on offense. Your current mismagius is currently countered by both clefable and registeel. Clefable can encore whatever you do (which would be hp fight obviously) while taking around 50-60%, and switch out to appropriate counter, while registeel can just iron head all the way while taking minimum damage from hp fighting.
As I said, I prefer CM Mismagius over Nasty Plot cause it is a lot easier to set up. Most Clefable doesn't carry a move that can hurt Mismagius (bar status), and if they encore me into substitute they can't even status me, if they encore me into Calm Mind I get a few free boosts (unless they have a physical counter, otherwise I generally survive thanks to SpD boosts) and lastly, if they encore me into HP Fight they'll die unless they have a ghost, but then I have Zangoose/Swellow/Houndoom to take the predicted Shadow Ball. The only thing Nasty Plot have that would win against CM is to be able to handle Registeel, but after two Calm Minds Registeel is countered aswell.

As for Zangoose, why not use Ursaring with quick feet and toxic orb instead? It has more speed and more power (due to facade having more power than return), and also learns whatever Zangoose learns. I suggest using Ursaring with the following stats:
252att, 252spe, 4hp, jolly
Swords dance
Facade
Close Combat
Crunch

I believe this will help you more. The only thing Zangoose has over Ursaring is a prioriity, but since you aren't using it on Zangoose, you are better off using Ursaring.
Well yes, but since I already have Swellow with Toxic Orb, that would in my opinion be a bad idea as neither of them would be able to sweep entire teams wich is the way I usually win with this team.

Milotic with Haze walls your entire team for the most part (Zangoose can break through it, but is gonna take a lot of damage). The best change in my opinion would be to replace Zangoose with a Sceptile. Any set will work, and use Swords Dance if you want to still have a Swords Dancer. So something like:

Sceptile@ Life orb
Jolly
252 Atk/ 252 Spe
-Swords Dance
-Leaf Blade
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide/ X- Scissor
I think Sceptile has too low attack to utilize a Swords Dance set to it's fullest potentional. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Meru

ate them up
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
UUPL Champion
You didn't respond to my suggestions. Looking over it, the best choice to replace SD-Goose would definitely be SD-Croak so that Milotic is forced out.

You didn't respond to my suggestions. Looking over it, the best choice to replace SD-Goose would definitely be SD-Croak so that Milotic is forced out.
I'm sorry, I must have missed it. Toxicroak is both weaker and slower than Zangoose, and Zangoose has an immunity with only one weakness, unlike Toxicroak who have to add a fireweakness to gain waterimmunity. The only advantage Toxicroak have over Zangoose is Sucker Punch. It should also be noted that I am considering a Swords Dance Absol in this place.

This team is asking for Dragon Dance Feraligatr to come in and wreck the hell out of everything. Ice Punch, Earthquake, and Waterfall are the three moves it needs to literally stamp a "gg" on the game, besides Dragon Dance, of course. You need to put a bulky water that doesn't happen to have a typing that makes it vulnerable to a move of Feraligatr's, and one would be Milotic; put it over Houndoom as your team already has insurance against Uxie, Mesprit, and Venusaur, who you seem to scare off/kill outright. From there, Toxic or HP Electric it for the laughs.

Let me tell you this- Listen to captain falcon. You have no way of boosting Zangoose's less than stellar speed, so Ursaring's Quick Feet ability will literally allow you to tear up anything without a Choice Scarf... Or named Dugtrio, but max speed Jolly Ursaring after Quick Feet kicks in outruns Adamant Dugtrio. Ursaring has everything and more than what Zangoose has, and after Toxic Orb kicks in opponents without Registeel are dead. Simple.

You say you're going all out offensive, so why not put Nasty Plot over Calm Mind on Mismagius? She's got enough natural bulk to take a special hit if needs be, and a +2 Shadow Balls loves to tear things up.

This team is asking for Dragon Dance Feraligatr to come in and wreck the hell out of everything. Ice Punch, Earthquake, and Waterfall are the three moves it needs to literally stamp a "gg" on the game, besides Dragon Dance, of course. You need to put a bulky water that doesn't happen to have a typing that makes it vulnerable to a move of Feraligatr's, and one would be Milotic; put it over Houndoom as your team already has insurance against Uxie, Mesprit, and Venusaur, who you seem to scare off/kill outright. From there, Toxic or HP Electric it for the laughs.

Let me tell you this- Listen to captain falcon. You have no way of boosting Zangoose's less than stellar speed, so Ursaring's Quick Feet ability will literally allow you to tear up anything without a Choice Scarf... Or named Dugtrio, but max speed Jolly Ursaring after Quick Feet kicks in outruns Adamant Dugtrio. Ursaring has everything and more than what Zangoose has, and after Toxic Orb kicks in opponents without Registeel are dead. Simple.
Wouldn't it be too much with two Toxic Orb sweepers on the same team, as they tend to die quickly for some mysterious reason? I am going to try this out tomorrow though.

You say you're going all out offensive, so why not put Nasty Plot over Calm Mind on Mismagius? She's got enough natural bulk to take a special hit if needs be, and a +2 Shadow Balls loves to tear things up.
I already explained this, CM Mismagius is much better because it gets to set up way more often.

Meru

ate them up
UUPL Champion
I already explained this, CM Mismagius is much better because it gets to set up way more often.
Don't know who you play but the most common switch in to Mismagius attracts Spiritomb like flies to honey

I'm sorry, I must have missed it. Toxicroak is both weaker and slower than Zangoose, and Zangoose has an immunity with only one weakness, unlike Toxicroak who have to add a fireweakness to gain waterimmunity. The only advantage Toxicroak have over Zangoose is Sucker Punch. It should also be noted that I am considering a Swords Dance Absol in this place.
Toxicroak has 6 resistances, 4 weaknesses, and 1 immunity to Zangoose's 0 resistances, 1 weakness, and 1 immunity. Why does Toxicroak's fire weakness matter when that gives you a chance to switch to Houndoom to nail a free Flash Fire? There's a reason Toxicroak and Houndoom are a really good combo.

And weaker? Meh, true, but Toxicroak does have a much better STAB. Speed isn't too big of a deal since the only pokemon of note inbetween max speed base 85 and max speed base 90 is tying with Moltres, and losing to Hitmonlee.

How is Toxicroak weaker? Weaker defenses? Oh, it's not like Zangoose's 73/60/60 defenses are as bad as Toxicroak's... Holy crap!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? TOXICROAK HAS 83/65/65 DEFENSES! If you're not listening to me, listen to them! Besides, Toxicroak can go mixed to break down walls better; a 9 points difference in base attack is not the end of the world, and Toxicroak can actually get STAB from Fighting-type moves!

Oh, and I'm going to ask you THIS: How are you going to answer Dragon Dance Feraligatr again?

Don't know who you play but the most common switch in to Mismagius attracts Spiritomb like flies to honey

Toxicroak has 6 resistances, 4 weaknesses, and 1 immunity to Zangoose's 0 resistances, 1 weakness, and 1 immunity. Why does Toxicroak's fire weakness matter when that gives you a chance to switch to Houndoom to nail a free Flash Fire? There's a reason Toxicroak and Houndoom are a really good combo.

And weaker? Meh, true, but Toxicroak does have a much better STAB. Speed isn't too big of a deal since the only pokemon of note inbetween max speed base 85 and max speed base 90 is tying with Moltres, and losing to Hitmonlee.
Well, I will try out both Ursaring and Toxicroak today. Thanks for the suggestions!

How is Toxicroak weaker? Weaker defenses? Oh, it's not like Zangoose's 73/60/60 defenses are as bad as Toxicroak's... Holy crap!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? TOXICROAK HAS 83/65/65 DEFENSES! If you're not listening to me, listen to them! Besides, Toxicroak can go mixed to break down walls better; a 9 points difference in base attack is not the end of the world, and Toxicroak can actually get STAB from Fighting-type moves!

Oh, and I'm going to ask you THIS: How are you going to answer Dragon Dance Feraligatr again?
Please, calm down. Weaker, in my book, means less attack.

From Google: "Weakness, is a symptom used to describe a number of different conditions including: lack of muscle strength, malaise, dizziness or fatigue. The causes are many and can be divided into conditions that have true or perceived muscle weakness."

As for the Toxicroak matter, I will try it out, but I hate to rely on a just barely stronger, inaccurate move in Cross Chop, compared to Zangoose's Close Combat. As for STAB Cross Chop, the move I use the most on Zangoose is Return because it has STAB, a good basepower and it doesn't lower my defenses. Zangooses STAB return does more than Toxicroaks STAB Cross Chop against an enemy that doesnt have a weakness/resistance to either, and it is more accurate. As for the DD Feraligatr, yes, I am aware of that my team is weak to that. I do have some situational solutions to it though, but I will have to work out a good counter for it. I really love Houndoom, it is probably my best sweeper, and I am not very fond of the thought to replace it.

Situational solutions? Every member of this team is OHKOed after one DD from one of the three moves I first listed. Please don't list Missy, she's OHKOed handily by a +1 Waterfall literally every time.

Feraligatr in general causes you a very large problem. The DD Feraligatr in the analysis actually is outsped and KO'd by Swellow so he has a check to DDGatr, but SD Gatr rips you apart. If Swellow is gone, DD beats you also. MixVenusaur is a great offensive threat thanks to Sleep Powder and alleviates some of the pressure Feraligatr exerts on the team by giving it less time to set up successfully. This may sound weird, but I think you could profit by moving Swellow to the lead spot and putting a MixVenusaur in over Jumpluff.

Venusaur@Life Orb (or Black Sludge)
64 HP / 164 Atk / 96 SpA / 184 Spe - Mild
~ Sludge Bomb
~ Power Whip
~ Sleep Powder
~ Earthquake / Synthesis / HP Rock (for evil Moltres since you don't have SR)

As far as Milotic is concerned Rhypherior is a million times better than Tortera but Milotic is a selfish whore of a fish who cares more about her own life than the prosperity of your team!

Also use a Poliwrath/Azumarril/Kabutops/Feraligatr in place of Zangoose for mo4r coverage but same battle role as your team is really lacking in the agua department.

Drop Swellow for Hitmontop or his cousin Hitmonlee D:

OK... where to start?

I either dunno but this team is either heavy offense or something. I'd prolly replace Jumpluff with "double powder" blablabla with something that can set up dual screens. I'd go for DS uxie.

Uxie @ Light Clay
252 HP / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Timid
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Memento / Magic Coat
- Stealth Rock

EVERY team, whatever it is, NEEDS stealth rock. Magic Coat are for those annoying venusaur leads. Also works great if it's his/her revenge killer. Shutting a revenge killer is one way of dealing huge damage.

Also yeah, I see some DD/SD Gatr weakness (SD gatr had aqua jet). Next up replace Mismag/Doom with a PHYSICAL sweeper. Decide you're going either physical or special. You see, going all physical means that the opponents physical wall WILL die, because it won't be able to take repitive hard hits.

Also you're insulting SD Sceptile, It's a fast and strong sweeper and go with the set Pizzaman gave you. I'd recommend Rock Slide on the last slot from experience. So I would listen to his advice and replace lolgoose with Sceptile.
If you really don't want Sceptile, other good sweepers that can use of SD are Absol and Blaziken. Sets that I use: (Mind the nicknames, too lazy to delete them)

Night Hawk (Absol) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Super Luck
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
- Superpower
- Psycho Cut

BlazeFlare (Blaziken) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Fire Punch
- Low Kick
- Thunderpunch

@Roflkip
I still lol at the Feraligatr analysis. "32 HP EVS 4 MOAR BULK" Was a joke, or was it an excuse for a Life Orb number or something?

@OP
I don't know why sprinkles is disliked so much and I don't care either way, but this thread provides information about the playstyle and is the best I found:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61631

Hi there.

I just had a couple of things to say about this team really quickly because i got to go somewhere soon.
First off is on Houndoom, I'd definitely have to agree with CBMence, Sucker Punch>HP Flying allows Houndoom to be much more versatile in it's attacking prowess, trust me on this one. I've used both Houndoom sets sooo many times on the UU battle server and the mixed attacker one is much better. The only pokemon in the entire UU tier that HP flying would do more damage than a STAB Fire Blast is Thick Fat Hariyama, while Sucker Punch allows you to beat the faster revenge killers, most notably Dugtrio who might think it's getting a free kill but is instead OHKO'd by a STAB sucker punch. Also, that priority might come in handy towards the end of the game.
Next I would suggest replacing Jumpluff with a different lead because it can't setup stealth rock. Being a very hyper offensive player myself, Stealth rock support is a necessary for a hyper offensive team's success. The pokemon that always worked for me was Uxie, not only being a sturdy poke but also able to lay down rocks as well as spread status with either T-wave or Yawn. Though it does not completely remedy your DD or SD Feraligatr problem, Uxie can come in on it as it uses it's boosting move, take the attack next turn because Uxie's got great bulk, and either T-wave it or force it out with yawn.
The last thing is about Zangoose. Yes, it can be a good poke when played to it's strength's, but honestly there are better pokes for the job. If you are looking for a SDer then I'd recommend Sceptile, as mentioned by other people. Sceptile provides a nice grass attack in Leaf Blade with a good BP that can also handle your being walled by milotic. EQ and Rock slide also complement it very well. Sceptile also has something Zangoose wish it could have, which is that sexy base 120 speed stat. Sceptile can also bait a fire attack for a Flash Fire boost on Houndoom.

Hope this helps!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)