Rejected Updates i want for pokemon showdown and they are going to love it

My proposals are:
1) Be able to customize your avatar and / or private chats.
2) To be able to add for the personalization of avatars the use of companion Pokémon
3) Post guidelines of the rules and illegalities in the teambuilder tiers so as not to be worrying about not knowing the rules in the Pokémon showdown tiers and not forgetting.
I hope you liked my proposals :)

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
My proposals are:
2) To be able to add for the personalization of avatars the use of companion Pokémon
These first two will not happen. Custom avatars must be uploaded by Zarel, and he only gives them to users who have earned them. Additionally, even if it could be automated, you would still have to filter the avatars. As such, only PS devs / Smogon badgeholders / PS gstaff get them.
For groupchats, that won't happen because they aren't supposed to be rooms, more like group pms - customization is also open to abuse.
As for the third, it does seem reasonable; in the meantime though you can always do /tier [tiername] in a chat to get a format's rules.

Actually, #2 might work. Instead of combining with the trainer avatar to make a whole new sprite, it would just be a separate sprite behind the trainer. No extra approval necessary. And I guess the people who already have a custom avatar with a companion Pokemon can have another companion.

Actually, #2 might work. Instead of combining with the trainer avatar to make a whole new sprite, it would just be a separate sprite behind the trainer. No extra approval necessary. And I guess the people who already have a custom avatar with a companion Pokemon can have another companion.
it could be interesting but it would probably make the ui too cluttered. unsure if this is even feasible. however i wouldnt mind maybe being able to add a pokemon name under the trainer avatar and scoot the pokeballs down a little. but then there would be a need to figure out how to track this. id assume the same way avatars are but idk.

also the #3 /om om also pulls stuff up but it would be nice having all that show up at the beginning of the battle

Jerry the great

Banned deucer.
My proposals are:
3) Post guidelines of the rules and illegalities in the teambuilder tiers so as not to be worrying about not knowing the rules in the Pokémon showdown tiers and not forgetting.
I hope you liked my proposals :)
Firstly, custom avatars are rewards for global staff members, exceptional coders, and as a prize for winning stuff like major tournaments (and such tournaments usually appear in news). That point can go for the second one as well, since adding Pokemon to your avatar can be considered custom. So yeah, avatar customization is a reward. Reason being every custom avatar has to be approved and uploaded by Zarel himself. Not even other admins can upload without his consent. As for your third one, it already does. It states such as illegal or banned, and you can find an entire banlist by doing /tier (format).

Just thought I should let you know.

Jerry the great

Banned deucer.
I mean, hematite ain't wrong. Obviously, the staff don't really support your suggestions much at all. Lemme quote my previous comment.
Firstly, custom avatars are rewards for global staff members, exceptional coders, and as a prize for winning stuff like major tournaments (and such tournaments usually appear in news). That point can go for the second one as well, since adding Pokemon to your avatar can be considered custom. So yeah, avatar customization is a reward. Reason being every custom avatar has to be approved and uploaded by Zarel himself. Not even other admins can upload without his consent. As for your third one, it already does. It states such as illegal or banned, and you can find an entire banlist by doing /tier (format).
So yeah. Custom avatars are meant to be rewards for a reason I quoted. They aren't supposed to be available for everyone. And it already shows guidelines and stuff as to what is banned by showing what is banned as banned or illegal.

But on a separate note though... You cannot yourself upload all of those. I think you'd need to be an admin to do such. Such is why this forum suggestions exists. So that staff can look it over and see if it is worthy of uploading. And, it seems like staff and normal users don't seem to want your suggestions all that much. So even if you was to reach 20+ likes (which is hard on it's own, I have MANY comments and only 2 got that much), you just simply won't have the ability to upload them yourself. You'd have to be an admin, but like I said, they don't seem to be all that supportive of your idea, as shown by Hoeenhero. I myself think that custom avatars should stay as rewards. As for reasoning, I have many, but 1 big one is it shows just how much a user might've done for PS that should be acknowledged. If anyone could have one, then they simply wouldn't be nearly as cool and they'd have to make more ways to acknowledge what a user has done for PS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)