Type Optimisation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor

Pokemon: Salazzle
Type:

BST: 88 HP (+20) / 64 ATK / 80 DEF (+20) / 126 SpA (+15) / 85 SpD (+25) / 127 SPE (+10) | BST: 570
Abilities: Corrosion / Sheer Force | Shed Skin
New Moves: Giga Drain, Aura Sphere, Calm Mind
Justification/Niche: Believe it or not, Fire and Poison can synergize well in offensive presence; Fire will take care of Bug-type and Steel-type that will have no problems with Poison-type in generals, while Poison will handle non-Steel Fairy-type, as well as most Grass-type that wouldn't worry about Fire-types. Giga Drain will handle multiple Water-type and Ground-type threats, and Ground/Flying threats will still hurt after a Nasty Plot boost, and to recover from Life Orb recoil. Can also work as a revenge killer when holding either a Choice Specs or a Choice Scarf.

Pokemon: Rapidash
Type:

BST: 80 HP (+15) / 130 ATK (+30) / 70 DEF / 70 SpA (-10) / 80 SpD / 140 SPE (+35) | BST: 570
Abilities: Moxie / Flash Fire | Magic Guard
New Moves: Play Rough, Stomping Tantrum, Horn Leech
Justification/Niche: Rapidash looks like a Pegasus but with flames instead of wings, and a Pegasus is a magical horse is I remembered, so there's that Fairy-type justification. Although quite frail compared to others and lacked access of Attack boost outside of Moxie, Rapidash can work as a revenge killer, a late-game sweeper or if going Moxie, a snowballing sweeper. Great offensive typing and decent defensive typing (so that it can safely switch in), but vulnerable to Stealth Rock without Magic Guard, and if not running Moxie, might be pressured by more proficient physical walls, especially Toxapex.

Pokemon: Charizard
Type:

BST: 78 HP / 104 ATK (+20) / 78 DEF / 109 SpA / 85 SpD / 116 SPE (+16) | BST: 570
Abilities: Blaze / Sheer Force | Magic Guard
New Moves: Calm Mind, Nasty Plot, Brave Bird
Justification/Niche: Poor Charizard. Despite his successful Mega Evolutions, the base Charizard is still seen as a runt of Fire-type starters. Well, not anymore in here. This "third option" Charizard allows Charizard to caught opponent off guard when you use another Pokémon that Mega Evolve, leading to further guessing game. Magic Guard means no thank you Stealth Rocks, or if you want to go more aggressive, go crazy with Sheer Force. It also gain access to Calm Mind and Nasty Plot, something that Mega Charizard Y can finally make a boost, and Brave Bird for Flying STAB and for Mega Charizard X who really wanted to get rid of recent Fighting-type and Fire-resistant threats (especially Unaware Hariyama).

Mintly

formerly Spook
is an Artist

Pokemon:
Tapu Bulu
Type:
/

BST: 70/140(+10)/125(+10)/65(-20)/95/75 BST: 570
Abilities: Drought / Reckless / Sap Sipper
New Moves: Flare Blitz, Outrage, High Horsepower
Removed Moves: Energy Ball, Leafage, Leech Seed
Justification/Niche: Drought again??? With an absence of a Grass Typing, Bulu no longer has any need for Grassy Surge. as a replacement, its here to put the power in Horsepower. and by that i mean it now gets ground coverage! Reckless adds some punch to moves like Flare Blitz, and Sap Sipper is there to boost your Attack when switching into Grass types.

Pokemon:
Rapidash
Type:
/

BST: 62(-3)/125(+25)/66(-4)/94(+14)/94(+14)/129(+24) BST: 570
Abilities: Magic Guard / Flash Fire / Regenerator
New Moves: Drill Peck, Brave Bird, U-Turn
Removed Moves: None
Justification/Niche: What even are rocks? glaze right on over them if you so choose. a really poor defense makes a pretty great offense, i think! Prepare to mow down enemies with a Flare Blitz or Brave Bird, and then U-Turn right on out of there with Regenerator to heal up a bit.

Last edited:

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor

Pokemon:
Tapu Bulu
Type:
/

Justification/Niche: Drought again??? With an absence of a Grass Typing, Bulu no longer has any need for Grassy Surge. as a replacement, its here to put the power in Horsepower. and by that i mean it now gets ground coverage! Reckless adds some punch to moves like Flare Blitz, and Sap Sipper is there to boost your Attack when switching into Grass types.

Pokemon:
Magmortar
Type:
/

BST: 75/95/77(+10)/125/105(+10)/93(+10) BST: 570
Abilities: Sniper / Adaptability / Sheer Force
New Moves: Sludge Bomb, Scald, Hydro Pump
Justification/Niche: Hydro Pump?? Scald?? Why?? I'll tell you why. BIG. ARM. CANNONS. That's right. it may not get stab, but it will give coverage against those pesky ground and rock types who wish to harm you. I'm looking at you, Dugtrio. Added Defenses make this thing have at least slightly safe switch ins, Speed is a bonus factor. Now you can make stuff more deader.

Pokemon:
Rapidash
Type:
/

BST: 57(-8)/125(+25)/61(-9)/104(+24)/104(+24)/129(+24) BST: 587
Abilities: Mountaineer / Flash Fire / Regenerator
Justification/Niche: What even are rocks? glaze right on over them if you so choose. a really poor defense makes a pretty great offense, i think! Prepare to mow down enemies with a Flare Blitz or Brave Bird, and then U-Turn right on out of there with Regenerator to heal up a bit. The only thing funnier than adding 24 to a stat, is adding 25.

(Is using a CAP ability like Mountaineer alright?)
I don't think we are allowed to use CAP Abilities. Plus Magmortar had already won as a Fire/Dragon submission.

I'm gonna destroy this system ohmygods

I wasn't getting any notifications for this thread, so I completely missed last week. Fugg.

I'll have something for this soon. Sorry folks!

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming

Pokemon:
Tapu Bulu
Type:
/

Pokemon:
Rapidash
Type:
/

BST: 57(-8)/125(+25)/61(-9)/104(+24)/104(+24)/129(+24) BST: 587
Abilities: Magic Bounce / Flash Fire / Regenerator
Justification/Niche: What even are rocks? glaze right on over them if you so choose. a really poor defense makes a pretty great offense, i think! Prepare to mow down enemies with a Flare Blitz or Brave Bird, and then U-Turn right on out of there with Regenerator to heal up a bit. The only thing funnier than adding 24 to a stat, is adding 25.
BST cap for optimized mons is 570. You're gonna have to change Rapidash.

1523932118196.png

Pokemon: Reshiram
Type: Fire/Fairy
Old Stats: 100 / 120 / 100 / 150 / 120 / 90 (680 BST)
New Stats: 90 (-10) / 80 (-40) / 60 (-40) / 150 / 120 / 70 (-20) (570 BST)
Abilities: Turboblaze / Levitate (HA)
New Moves: Calm Mind, Moonblast, Thunderbolt
Removed Moves: Draco Meteor, Dragon Pulse
Justification: It kinda... looks like one?Honestly I'm grasping at straws, just read what's below lmao
Niche: Fuck yes, I'm doing this.

Making a BOX LEGEND. Into a fucking usable Pokemon for OU. Yes I'm mental but after missing last week holy shit do I need to make up for it.

LETS DO THIS.

Turn Reshiram into a special-based monster, check. Keep bonkers as hell special attack, check. Keep Turboblaze, add a move to boost SpA so Reshiram can reliably make stall eat pure shit, also check. This Reshiram looks at old OU stall teams, laughs, then says 'Hello sir this Blue Flare is marked especially for you.' He's THE Stallbreaker. Problem is, his speed's pure shite. So how do you make up for it? You don't, stop trying to make stallbreakers offensive mons. He's built for one role, and does it well. Break the hell out of people.

1523931905779.png

Pokemon: Ho-Oh (THE MADMAN DOES IT A-FUCKIN-GAIN)
Type: Fire/Flying
Old Stats: 106 / 130 / 90 / 110 / 154 / 90 (680 BST)
New Stats: 96 (-10) / 110 (-20) / 70 (-20) / 75 (-35) / 139 (-15) / 70 (-20) (570 BST)
Abilities: Regenerator / Magic Guard / Gale Wings (HA)
New Moves: Swords Dance, U-Turn
Removed Moves: n/a
Justification: I was thinking about spicy KFC and this came to mind. That and if you can't tell, there's a theme with this one and the last one.
Niche: Same concept as Reshiram with keeping their Ubers role. Fat as fuck special tank that just sits there and refuses to die. For a few centuries. Magic Guard makes rocks not make Ho-Oh want to commit seppuku, Regenerator makes Ho-Oh a wee bit better at sustain if you actually know how to remove hazards unlike me, and Gale Wings is for those who want to try a Swords Dance set and meme that way. I don't suggest it, but with Swords Dance, it works now. Oh, and Ho-Oh now can pivot with U-Turn.

Not doing Fire/Poison right now, probably won't get to it, since I'm a bit tired.

Aw exams have been killing me so i missed the last slate, ill try to submit for this at least because fire is a favourite

Pokemon: Entei
Abilities: Intimidate, Magic Guard, Pixilate (HA)
Stats: 100(-15)/120(+5)/93(+8)/80(-10)/80(+5)/97(-3) (570 BST)
New moves: Play Rough, Morning Sun, Bulk Up
Removed moves: Stomping Tantrum
It can still use zdig to beat pex so dont be afraid frens
Justification: Look how FLUFFY and majestic it is?? It has to be fairy, yea im shallow, it could work as the tough fairy guardian
Niche: fuck ash gren, run pixilate espeed and fuck it up, or it can run MG life orb Bulk Up/Sacred Fire/Play rough/Morning Sun. Or run intimidate to counter itself like lando neat! Or run scarf magic guard eruption which is not too bad

I tried to avoid giving it too much speed (just enough to beat mimikyu and lele) and swords dance for it to not be busted cause espeed is busted

Im not gonna do fire flying since princessgardevoir and origin0 already did the perfect one

Pokemon: Torkoal
Type: Fire/Poison
Abilities: White Smoke, Drought, Dry Skin (HA)
Stats: 96(+24)/85/142(+2)/118(+33)/109(+39)/20 (570 BST)
New moves: Heavy Slam, Recover, Toxic Spikes
Removed moves: none
Justification: Its smoke looks poisonous andd just look at its movepool, it learns sludge bomb and clear smog i can see it as a poisonous lava turtle
Niche: Basically does what Mollux does in Cap, act as a wall with tons of resistances and walls waters and fairies like keldeo/pex/fini/clef and threaten 50/50s with gren, also can set up sr tspikes or rapid spin it away, overall an amazing utility mon. Has serious 4mss though

Edit: Im sure i checked the list i guess im literally just blind, changed arcanine to Entei (unfortunately cause entei is ugly as hell) cause it was the closest thing to my arcanine theme. Fixed now
Edit: 2 fixed some more things, thanks for critique

Fixed 2 points extra

Last edited:
Aw exams have been killing me so i missed the last slate, ill try to submit for this at least because fire is a favourite

Also no one picked arcanine? What

Pokemon: Arcanine
Stats: 100(+10)/120(+10)/93(+13)/80(-20)/80/97(+2) (570 BST)
New moves: Play Rough, Moonblast, Bulk Up
Removed moves: None
Justification: Its fluffy and cute, yea im shallow, plus it could work as the tough fairy dog
Niche: fuck ash gren, run pixilate espeed and fuck it up, or it can run MG life orb bulk up/flare blitz/play rough/morning sun. Or run intimidate to counter itself like lando, neat! I tried to avoid giving it too much speed (just enough to beat mimikyu and lele) and swords dance for it to not be busted cause espeed is busted

Im not gonna do fire flying since princessgardevoir and origin0 already did the perfect one

Stats: 95(+23)/85/142/121(+36)/109(+39)/20 (570 BST)
Removed moves: Shell Smash?
Justification: Its smoke looks poisonous andd just looke at its movepool, it learns sludge bomb and clear smog i can see it as a poisonous lava turtle
Niche: Basically does what mollux does in Cap, act as a wall with tons of resistances and walls waters and fairies like keldeo/pex/fini/clef and threaten 50/50s with gren, also can set up sr tspikes or rapid spin it away, overall an amazing utility mon. Has serious 4mss though

Btw how do i turn on notification to this thread so i know whens voting phase, thanks in advance!
Arcanine has won before tho...

Pokemon: Entei
Stats: 100(-15)/120(+5)/93(+8)/80(-10)/80(+5)/97(-3) (570 BST)
New moves: Play Rough, Morning Sun, Bulk Up
Removed moves: Stomping Tantrum? (Undecided yet, is fire/fairy/ground coverage too broken? Whats ur thoughts)
Justification: Look how FLUFFY and majestic it is?? It has to be fairy, yea im shallow, it could work as the tough fairy guardian
Niche: fuck ash gren, run pixilate espeed and fuck it up, or it can run MG life orb Bulk Up/Sacred Fire/Play rough/Morning Sun. Or run intimidate to counter itself like lando neat! Or run scarf magic guard eruption which is not too bad

I tried to avoid giving it too much speed (just enough to beat mimikyu and lele) and swords dance for it to not be busted cause espeed is busted

Stats: 95(+23)/85/142/121(+36)/109(+39)/20 (570 BST)
Removed moves: Shell Smash?
Justification: Its smoke looks poisonous andd just looke at its movepool, it learns sludge bomb and clear smog i can see it as a poisonous lava turtle
Niche: Basically does what mollux does in Cap, act as a wall with tons of resistances and walls waters and fairies like keldeo/pex/fini/clef and threaten 50/50s with gren, also can set up sr tspikes or rapid spin it away, overall an amazing utility mon. Has serious 4mss though

Btw how do i turn on notification to this thread so i know whens voting phase, thanks in advance!

Edit: Im sure i checked the list i guess im literally just blind, changed arcanine to Entei (unfortunately cause entei is ugly as hell) cause it was the closest thing to my arcanine theme. Fixed now
imho just keep Stomping Tantrum and Shell Smash. Stomping Tantrum doesn't do much since Entei has to go out of his way to make an attack fail to make it actually useful via base power. That, and it's his only way of combatting Heatran, who is even more of a problem due to Fairy typing (Flash Cannon now is neutral.) Shell Smash doesn't hurt anything on Torkoal since it's Speed is so bad that iirc base 65s can outspeed with max speed investment and a +Nature.

Nice Entei, literally just looks like MnM Altarianite Entei in terms of what I see it doing lmao.

Good submissions everyone, especially liking Samtendo's entries, Origin's Ho-Oh (a man of culture), Koista's Victini (Welcome to Type Optimization friendo! Unless you're not new and I'm blind!) and DatHeatmor's Rapidash. Just gotta say Heatmor, I think you mean magic GUARD in your description, considering you're saying to just glaze right over them (?) I could be fully wrong though.

So wait, are we allowed to critique each other? I hope my stuff is on the right path.

This is a point I feel like I should bring up, and I'm happy someone said something so now i feel obliged heheh

I've discussed most of my submissions with Samtendo, alongside a bunch of other submissions, comparing how others have gone about building mons, what we should improve on ours, etc. I feel that if you want to say something constructive (Ex. Your description says you glaze over hazards, yet you have Magic Bounce over Guard. Is that correct?) or giving advice to people is perfectly open. Discussions lead to more people talking about Type Optimization for longer, people think longer about their submissions, and quality goes up. If nobody discussed anything, we'd eventually get cases where people just submit random things 'because they can'. Not that it's a bad thing to get submissions, but if we want this to be successful, we probably want to have a bunch of good quality subs rather than a nigh infinite number of bad or eh ones.

And good choice Helix on removing tantrum/bulldoze - i'd have kept them but z-dig now can be a thing. Neat.

Quite honestly, I can't in good conscious, vote for anything that is OU already. For instance, Charizard. Any buffs there either improve the mega or make it obsolete (The stats won't change but the movepool will increase). Or Ubers. I'm here to make shitty mons as good (or even better than good) as I possibly can. Isn't that the purpose? If a little minmaxing has to occur, so be it. Shit, I hated having to lower Moltres stats because of a 570 rule. It hurt because it needed some love and a viability boost but I didn't want to change its stats at all.

Pyroar (only Female if possible)
Type
:

Ability: Competitive / Sheer Force / HA: Pixilate
Old Stats: 86 / 68 / 72 / 109 / 66 / 106 (BST 507)
New Stats: 75 / 120 / 60 / 120 / 85 / 110 (BST 570)
Added Moves: Play Rough, Morning Sun, Earthquake
Justification/Niche: Well, choose to go physical or special and break walls. This is perfect for a Sun team, which will have more relevance thanks to the new setters. I didn’t add Moonblast or Dazzling Gleam to the moveset because I didn’t have space, but Pixilate helps to fill this lack. It’s unpredictable and will sure surprise some opponents. It lacks a bit of coverage moves, that would help for sure, but it can be strong anyway.
Some sets:

Pyroar (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD/ 252 Spe
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake/Wild Charge
- Morning Sun/Crunch

Pyroar (F) @ Choice Specs/Life Orb
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid / Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse/Morning Sun
- Solar Beam

Last edited:
Stitch98 I guess that depends on the coding aspect. Although I guess technically Pyroar is one pokemon and this is just a visual gender difference so I'm sort of leaning no since Flying Unfezant affects both male/female forms.

And now voting begins!

Please use this format and remember to have a vote for each category and remember, you can't vote for yourself. Anyone can vote though!

Fire/Poison: Member's Pokemon
Fire/Fairy: Member's Pokemon
Fire/Flying: Member's Pokemon

Also suggestions for the next slate are also open. Keep in mind that Fighting, Grass, Poison, Ice and Ghost have been done.

Electric Slate Suggestions: Type / Type / Type

LordHelix Your Torkoal has 2 extra BST, can you please change it?

Fire/Fairy: LordHelix’s Entei
Fire/Flying: Swagodile’s Talonflame
Fire/Poison: Dilasc’s Weezing

Electric Slate Suggestions: Fire / Dragon / Fairy

The voting will end in 3 days, on 4/23, at likely 5-8 PM EST. If I haven't closed the slate by 5 AM EST time on the next day, please start highlighting me so I can get online.

Fire/Fairy: LordHelix's Entei
Fire/Flying: Origin0's Ho-Oh (culturefrens?)
Fire/Poison: Samtendo's Salazzle

And for an Electric slate, I'd like to see Dragon, Normal, and Ground. I wanna fix my mans Stunfisk.

I wish I could do Electric/Dragon Electrode to make the almighty Dragonball... I guess... the balls are inert.

Dragon, Dark, Flying (Save RotomF Emolga)

Fire/Poison: Still undecided
Fire/Fairy: Samtendo's Rapidash
Fire/Flying: DatHeatmor's Rapidash

Last edited:
Why did everyone make such good submissions, i cant choose lol

Fire/Fairy: Koista12's Victini, i like the idea of 50/50s of competitive and physical sets
Fire/Flying: Princessgardevoirs Ho-oh

For Electric id like to see Dark, Dragon, Ground

Last edited:
Fire/Poison: Gravity Monkey's Weezing
Fire/Fairy: Origin0's Flareon
Fire/Flying: Swagodile's Talonflame

Electric Slate Suggestions: Dark / Dragon / Fairy

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
Fire/Fairy: Koista12's Victini
Fire/Flying: DatHeatmor's Rapidash

Electric Slate Suggestions: Ground / Water / Fairy

Fire/Poison: Dilasc’s Weezing
Fire/Fairy: Koista12's Victini
Fire/Flying: PrincessGardevoir's Ho-Oh (culturefrens :)

Electric Slate Suggestions: Dragon / Fairy / Ground

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)