Let's Play! Twitch Plays Pokemon

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
^To be fair, the same was said about both the Safari Zone and the Second Ledge. I think Spear Pillar is what is going to stop this dead unless modded.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
^Ah, little mix-up there.

Yes, I meant Sky Pillar, and even though it isn't completely destroyed in the compulsory run, there are "quick reaction" puzzles that would be impossible to overcome in the current format of TPP. In Anarchy, the button presses don't come quick enough to get the Mach Bike up to the required speed to pass over the cracked tiles. In Democracy, the button presses are spread throughout the entire voting period. "Left9" would be nine separate taps on the "left" button, spread across the entire voting period. To get across a cracked tile, they would have to hold the button, which is currently impossible. There's even a part when they have to turn while maintaining high speeds, even in the compulsory run.

EDIT: wait, upon examining the images on Bulbapedia, it appears that I remembered wrong. It seems like very little of the floor is cracked in the compulsory run, and that you don't have to cross any cracked tiles then.

correct some tiles are cracked but none in the way of us suceeding so lets go on to the topic of mirage tower or whatever the sandcastle is called if we want to get lord root/claw we need to go over cracked tiles :/

Torchic = possible new Bird Jesus if enough people start it
Treecko = smash the champion
Mudkip = good through the entire game but will lose to Wallace because of its secondary typing, and iirc he has a Ludicolo as well.

Take your pick.
Going via the entire gyms:
Rock: All 3 good is they evolve Torchic before the gym
Fighting: Marshtomp is the best for this gym
Electric: Marshtomp destroys this gym. Combuskin can do well, Groy is average
Fire: Marshtomp or bust
Normal: Combuskin is best here
Flying: Marshtomp
Psychic: Marshtomp or Groy
Water: Sceptile

Treecko is the biggest hindrance for the gyms and would make IMO for the most interesting run. Plus all it can do is Cut HM wise

Treecko would be funny because we'd actually be forced to read the pokédex entry every five seconds.

also it starts tomorrow eeeeee

It's begun!

We picked May as our character, and named ourselves 'A'. We have a Torchic called 'zyyxyy' or something like that lol.

We also tossed all our pokeballs......

We found a great ball though, and apparently Torchic's holding a pokeball. Torchic reached level 16, and predictably, we cancelled it's evolution.

In an effort to Withdraw Nincada who has cut, we've deposited everything but our Poochyena, though we did manage to get Nincada out. Luckily, Releasing Pokemon is harder in Emerald so we suffered no casualties.

Fun fact: Today is Sunday the 23rd just like last time :P

EDIT: we withdrew Torchic and deposited Poochyena. After a while we faced Brendan and his Mudkip beat the shit out of our two water-weak Pokemon....

Last edited:
Oh hey, we released our starter. Who's surprised?
Haha, yeah. People were convinced it would be nearly impossible to release pokemon in Emerald, messed around too much with the PC. A release was inevitable, but unfortunately it was our starter.....

i loved Zexy. ok stop. Goodbye TwitchPlaysPokemon.
I still think they'll pull through, Zexy was near useless anyway, with only mirror move and quick attack to do damage, and being a Torchic with poor defences meant it fainted pretty quickly. Azumarill's always really been the pokemon carrying the team on its shoulders. We also have two overlevelled Poochyena and a Shedinja too, so yeah.

Some people on reddit are linking the incident with Full Metal alchemist, saying that we transmuted Torchic's soul into the hollow shell of Shedinja, and that zexy still lives lol.

EDIT: found some artwork-
http://i.imgur.com/GvSlueo.png

Last edited:
I was hoping we'd see if we could've evolved Zexy during 45-50 just to see if we could get a powerful Blazeiken but alas it shall not be

Azumarril has learnt Rock Smash but still haven't got Strength yet

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)