True Blood anyone?

Season 5 premiere next Sunday! I actually just recently got into True Blood and finally caught up. I wasn't sure if I'd like it at first but then I realized it's on HBO and everything on there is pretty much awesome.

Preview trailer 1
Preview trailer 2

Anyway, Eric and Pam are hands down my favorite characters. I think Eric is the most fully developed one on the show and probably the most complex. I'm waiting for Pam to become a maker...it would be interesting if she turns Tara? I'm not really sure how I feel about them bringing Russell back, but I hope he only takes up the first part of the season. I'm way more interested in learning about the Authority.

anyone read the books? are they actually any good?

re: romantic pairings - Sam and Luna are kinda cool together but their story is shit boring. i don't really keep up with true blood buzz, but am I the only one that really doesn't like sookie and bill together? wasn't sold in seasons 1-2 and was really happy when it ended after s3. Bill's character is also kind of blah to me. He's well-developed for sure, just personally not appealing to me. Eric/Godric/Pam are honestly the most interesting vampire line. And we get to see when Eric turned Pam this season (!!)

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
To be honest, I really do not understand why people watch True Blood. To me it looks like just another show about vampire stuff that's been done so many times already it's really not entertaining anymore. I just can't bring myself to enjoy these shows anymore. To be honest, I don't even know if Buffy the Vampire Slayer is enjoyable anymore. I've just seen and heard of things relating to vampires so much that I can't find anything enjoyable of anything relating to vampires. Then again, that's just me.

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
I think True Blood was a really interesting concept, which they did interesting things with - and the quirks of the show, along with its unique themes, were enough to give it something very different to your average vampire show. It didn't have the focus on monster-of-the-week plotting of Buffy, and instead serialisation let it do a lot more with its richer cast of characters; it didn't have the slick, witty dialogue but it was more visceral and real for that. The issues that it explored were really interesting as well. Parallels between the conflicts raised by vampirism in the Deep South to those raised by race and homosexuality are fascinating.

Also, did I mention the characters! Special mention for Lafayette, Jason and Jesús.

The problem is that, over the four series, True Blood has increasingly moved away from the things that made it so great. It still has its crowning moments of awesome, like Jason vs Steve Newlin, GODRIC, and spineless news anchors, but - especially with the later parts of the maenad plotline and this kooky fairy shit - it's just become noticeably less of the show that it was, the show I wanted it to be.

Note: I've read the books, so I saw all this stuff coming - but it was still disappointing.

I thought season 4 was a little worse than the rest but I really enjoyed all of them.

Apparently confirmed that we get to see when Eric turned Pam in ep. 2. And Eric and Nora fuck, so it's kind of like twincest...

To be honest, I really do not understand why people watch True Blood. To me it looks like just another show about vampire stuff that's been done so many times already it's really not entertaining anymore. I just can't bring myself to enjoy these shows anymore. To be honest, I don't even know if Buffy the Vampire Slayer is enjoyable anymore. I've just seen and heard of things relating to vampires so much that I can't find anything enjoyable of anything relating to vampires. Then again, that's just me.
no disrespect, but you should probably try watching before judging, or at least refrain from judging if you've never seen it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)