TRU Manaphy Giveaway (wifi capture?)

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
both my diamond and pearl games got the mystery event as all I need to do is start soft-reseting in front of the green guy in hearthome pokemart until I get one with desired nature/stats. I wonder if there's a limit as to how long I can soft-reset for.

OT is "TRU" (red, so apparently that franchise is female) , ID is 09297 (Probably standing for Sept 29 2007). Sucks that I can't rename it, but oh well.

It comes at level 50 too, which is sort of nice. Its initial moveset sucks though; Heart Swap, Water Pulse, Whirlpool, and uh, Acid Armor <_<

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Looking at the D/P analysis section, there are movesets for:

nature: Timid
evs: 6HP / 252 SPATK / 252SPD

nature: Naive
evs: 252HP/6DEF/252SPD

either way it looks like speed first sp.atk 2nd.

Level 50 and Mystery Gift is a godsend. This is going to be the easiest Pokemon I've ever reset for. The funny thing is that I have two copies of Pearl and one of Diamond.

Didn't bother with SRs. Got a Hardy one and it's going into the PC forever (or until I can trade for something I need). I kind of was hoping I could get it using the Wifi option. Nintendo needs to use that option. I didn't feel like going but I wouldn't have gotten a Manaphy otherwise. Is it possible to send the Wonder Card, or whatever, to another DS?

Is there any point in getting these manaphies? I mean, I have the opportunity to soft-reset for two of them, but is it really worth it if they're uber?

Manaphy - #490 (Modest)
HP: 26 - 27
Att: 0 - 1
Def: 31
SpA: 22 - 23
SpD: 10 - 11
Speed: 20 - 21

Got this and saved. Gonna go for a better modest/timid/naive/calm one

Toys R Us (U.S. Nintendo giveaway) September 29th, 2007 noon-3PM in my town.

Reading the details off of mine:

MANAPHY Lv. 50 Cherish Ball
Red Scarf held item
OT: TRU (mine is female red text)
ID No.: 09297
Exp. Points: 156250
To Next Lv.: 9563
any nature (mine is jolly and mild EDIT: new discovery nature is SR-able)
Sep. 29, 2007
Pokemon Event
Apparently had a fateful encounter at Lv. 50.

Ability: Hydration
Moveset: Heart Swap, Water Pulse, Whirlpool, Acid Armor
Classic Ribbon: A Ribbon that proclaims love for Pokemon.

The Wonder Card looks like this:

Wonder Card

Diamond and Pearl MANAPHY Event
Please pick up your gift from the
deliveryman in any Poke Mart.

Date received Sep. 29, 2007

Back Side:
This MANAPHY is a gift to you in celebration of the movie Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea.

You can Soft-Reset for the nature and IVs by saving infront of the deliveryman before you take the egg in the Pokemart. This is much faster than SRing for Pokemon Ranger Manaphy because you do not have to hatch an egg each time.

Also, I got manaphy from the toys r us in my town. They were given out through a wireless mystery gift signal that your DS would pick up within relatively close range of the set up in the store. You can get one manaphy per each diamond or pearl game card you have.

Yeah this is the easiest/fastest SR ever.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
This was awesome, and not.

My game was Japanese so I never got a Manaphy card. My brother did though. However, I decided to let go of some of my GTSed Shinies (Mew, Lugia) for these. The little kids accepted and I was happy to get 2 Manaphies. The catch? Their IVs/natures suck. One was Jolly and the other's Quirky.

I decided to SR for Manaphy's nature/IVs in my brother's game, but got bored and left that for later. One of them I got was a Naive perfect speed Manaphy with 27 HP IV and 25 SA, but the rest sucked so I resetted it

I did some battles. The first one was against a kid with Arceus, and Blissey just loled at his team. The second was against this teenager who got completely ripped apart by Gliscor and Toxic Spikes Forry. He had a Lv. 100 Spacial Rend Darkrai (which was hacked btw), but it died to TSS quickly. The third was against a gangsterish kid who has a Lv.100 Gallade. This match was kinda hilarious, but TS and once again Gliscor swept. The last was a multi battle. I was paired with this huge kid who has a Rash Shiny Heatran (!!). I realized I don't have a double battle team so I used my single battle team hoping they wouldn't use Explosion or something. My partner lost fast because he forgot Starmie learns Thunderbolt, and his Gengar switch in was outpredicted by Rhyperior's Rock Slide. Gliscor swept once again. It got horribly haxed, but Taunt saved me here (Dusknoir can't WoW and Umbreon couldn't do anything)

Memorable moments:
- Cress survived an Arcanine's Crunch with 6 HP. I rested. gg
- Someone's Ambipom Flung a METAL COAT at Cress. I laughed
- Gliscor sweeping every match but the uber one
- Gliscor froze another Gliscor in a battle. In the double battle match, it hurt itself 3x in a row in its confusion

I already have my Manaphy EV trained. Giving it a test run on the E4 now.

19-20 HP
25-26 ATK
8-9 DEF
30 SATK
20-21 SDEF
24-25 SPD

252SATK/252SPD/4HP

Lucian's arghable Bronzong didn't go down to a double tail glowed Surf, which was irritating.

edit: forgot nature, timid

Wow, Jibaku got off easy. I played an actual competitive battler! I ended up winning 1-0, my Empoleon raped his team cause his special wall was Muk lol.

I was so proud of my lvl. 100 SpecsGar that I decided would clean late-game, even though I would have lost if his Crobat was EV trained. A win is a win.

Luck Hax:
Luis's Crobat used Confuse Ray
Empoleon was confused!
Empoleon is confused. Empoleon used Surf.
A critical hit(Like 80% I think)
Luis:WTF HAX! Shit
Crobat used Air Slash
But it missed!
Empoleon is confused. It hurt itself in confusion!
Me: Karma
btw huge thanks for that Poke Jibaku, it really came in handy.

Yeah, the nearest TRU was like 15 mins from me, I got there around noon and got two manaphies, for my pearl and diamond. Everybody stayed there to trade and battle tho, there was a good number of guys sitting in the floor in a circle trading.

It was funny cuz you could tell most of the stuff was hacked. There was this kid who had a shiny Suicune and a bunch of kids were clamoring around him to trade it. It reminded me to the trading Chatroom at Serebii's. I traded some of my Squirtles and Charmanders for Grass Knot and Explosion TMs, although i was looking for an Electrizer/Magmizer.
Oh, I also traded one of my MYSTRY Mews for this guy's Hasty Darkrai that was caught at Newmoon Island so at least it was semi-legit.

After that was done I asked some guys to play capture the flag so i could move all my rocks from my base. That game is actually fun when u have a lot of people playing it at the same time, especially when I'd place a trap right in next to my entrance and the guys would always trigger them. And now I'm SR for a good nature and IVs for my Manaphies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)