ORAS Doubles OU Trickroom with Hoopa-Unbound

Introduction:
This is my first serious Doubles team I ever build. I used it to get my reqs for the Shaymin-Sky Suspect Test and now want to see, what other people say about this team. I´m aware, that this team has some weaknesses, but personally I don´t know, how to fix them without rebuilding my team. Hope for hints and tips :)

Team building:

To be honest, there is not much to say about this.
I wanted to build a team with Hoopa-Unbound, so it was clear to me that it has to be a Trickroom team. I decided on three potential Tr-setters in Cresselia, Cofragigus and Diancie. I added M-Camerupt for power and Amoonguss for spore and rage powder support. I didn´t really looked what my team is weak to, but focused on my own power.

Team at a closer look:

Diancie @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Diamond Storm
- Protect
- Dazzling Gleam
- Trick Room

My first Trickroom setter and also a real powerhouse. There is not much that lives after it gets a WP boost. It can actually setup TR on a lot of mons, especially because of my WP.
I decided on a mixed set to always hit both opposing pokemon. Diamond Storm is a great STAB-move, with the chance of Def-raise. This allows me to live even longer. Dazzling Gleam hits things like Hydreigon, Lati@s, Breloom and physical defensive Pokemon. Trickroom is mandatory. My final move is protect, which is quite useful, if I want to setup a Trickroom with Cress or Cofragigus. Also it is just a great move in Doubles in general.

My EVs are completely for damage, with a Brave nature, because I mainly use Diamond Storm. Speed as low as possible is clear. Surprisingly for me, Diancie can take almost any supereffective attack, even without investment (most steel-attacks are obviously too strong, even though it can take physical hits after some Def-boosts).

Amoonguss @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Amoonguss is really strong under Trickroom, because it outslows almost every Pokemon and Spore them. Spore is really broken without Sleep Clause. It happened more then once, that I send more than half of my opponents team to sleep. Also it can absorb opposing Spores. With Rage Powder it can secure a needed Attack from a team member and it can deal some damage with Giga Drain. Protect is mainly for Fake Outs.

With Regenerator and Sitrusberry it can live a lot of attacks, while constantly threatening my opponent with a Spore. My EVs are standard spread.

Cresselia @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Moonlight

My main Trickroom setter because of it´s incredible bulk. It can set TR up on literally anything, if it is not taunted. Because I had a problem with Spore Breloom completely shuting down my TR, I decided on Safety Goggles.
Regarding my moveset, I really wish, I would have 5 slots. Trickroom is a must have, while Psychic is also important. Calm Mind is a move, which helped me a lot to win battles, so I don´t want to give it up. Same goes for Moonlight, which can keep Cress alive for much longer, enabling me to probably set up another TR. But I also really want Magic Coat, to deal with all these Taunters.

My Evs are all in bulk, but I´m still not to sure, which spread would be really helpful. At the moment, I have equal bulk on the special and physical side.

Cofagrigus @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Mummy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Nasty Plot
- Trick Room
- Shadow Ball

My last Trickroom setter. It is meant to be more of a late game sweeper, because it can destroy a lot of things after one NP. It can also be a last second savior with a TR or a Destiny Bond under Trickroom. With it´s ability it helps to limit Mega-Kangaskhans power or remove Gale Wings from Talonflames.

With the Colbur Berry it lives basically any Dark attack from full, so I put SpA boosting Nature to hit as hard, as I can.

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Protect
- Heat Wave
- Ancient Power
- Earth Power

My Mega-slot. It hits like a truck and is also able, to take a hit outside of TR and get some important KOs. I decided against Eruption, because this would force me to remove one of my other moves and limits my Camerupt because I cannot switch it in. Quiet Heat Wave is also strong enough, 2HKO most of the meta, while I still have coverage for Heatran, Talonflame, Thundurus etc.

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Hyperspace Fury
- Ice Punch

The Monster. With Life Orb, it basically gets a KO, when it comes in. Normally I try, to bring it in, when TR is up and it won´t get damaged. My Coverage is all physical and hits fairies, Kangaskhan, all Protectmons and Landorus-T. Hyperspace Fury breaks Protects, so nothing is safe.
Hoopa can actually live some attacks, while recovering via Drain Punch. It´s my physical Wallbreaker.

Conclusion:
I had some success with this team, like winning a room tour and getting reqs for the Suspect Test. I know it has some Weaknesses, especially Taunt users and Pokemon that can KO my TR setters. Against this I have to predict right and hit with both mons outside of TR to defeat the Taunters.
Because this is my first RMT, I excpect it to be not the greatest, but I hope for comments and rates :)

Replays:

Unfortunately I saved more or less no replays with this team, but maybe I will get some later and add them.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/doublesou-257587344
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/doublesoususpecttest-257147631
[url]http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-257848721[/URL]

Last edited:

Yellow Paint

working as intended
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
B101 Leader
The team looks very nice, haven't seen hoopa used that much on full tr.

Firstly, you should invest 252 hp in your diancie. It's really necessary to live common attacks like skymin seed flare and not take as much from eq or even amoong giga drain. Fairy type isn't very spammable because of all the resists, so diancie'd prefer moonblast over dazzling gleam for actually koing things without the spread drop.

Cofag appears to be the weakest link, as you only really need two tr setters, and cm cress is probably enough setup for tr that struggles at keeping momentum. I think replacing it with rotom-wash would help out your tflame and lando weakness, but it does make your team awfully similar to Stratos's TR Offense. Maybe a choice scarf set, to act as a fastmode outside of tr? This is one of my own, so there's probably a more efficient spread out there.
Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 204 HP / 108 SpA / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick

Besides that, hoopa needs protect because of its physical frailty. If you decide to use washtom, you can probably switch out ice punch

Checkmater

It’s just us kittens left, and the rain is coming
is a Tiering Contributor
tbh I really wouldn't recommend choice scarf washtom on a fullroom team

maybe It's just me

options for that cofag slot include azumarill or washtom
and yeah that would look a whole lot like stratos' tr team, but with key differences

Thanks for the comments.
I´ll think, I´ll go with rotom-w, even though I like cofragigus. I´m not sure about the scarf though, but maybe this could be helpful.

OLD GREGG (im back baby)

old gregg for life
Lanturn has the same type advantages as washtom. It has a lower speed tier and has access to coveted moves like Ice Beam and Heal Bell. If you run the rotom scarf set I recommend full investment into bulk 248HP/252 Def Bold. Allowing for rotom to more easily sponge hits from the things it is there to check/counter. It can still out run a good amount of things even without investment when holding a scarf. Also want to recommend HP Grass/Ice on Camerupt.

Yellow Paint

working as intended
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
B101 Leader
Lanturn has the same type advantages as washtom. It has a lower speed tier and has access to coveted moves like Ice Beam and Heal Bell. If you run the rotom scarf set I recommend full investment into bulk 248HP/252 Def Bold. Allowing for rotom to more easily sponge hits from the things it is there to check/counter. It can still out run a good amount of things even without investment when holding a scarf. Also want to recommend HP Grass/Ice on Camerupt.
Most of what you're saying is incorrect. Lanturn is just flat worse than washtom, with really awful offenses and lack of will-o. The purpose of the specific washtom set and spread I gave is to aid in setting tr midgame by outspeeding and beating tflame, lando, diancie, kanga, or basically any physical attacker. In the lategame, scarftom prevents sweeps from the aforementioned mons, and can finish off damaged ones quickly. Additionally, you can trick a scarf to problem mons like amoonguss or aegislash to really lower their effectiveness. Of course, scarftom isn't the perfect set, and arguments could be made to switch to a bulkier/harder hitting one, but max hp max def is a really bad idea. I will thank you for posting, though, as I forgot to elaborate on how to use my set.

OLD GREGG (im back baby)

old gregg for life
Most of what you're saying is incorrect. Lanturn is just flat worse than washtom, with really awful offenses and lack of will-o. The purpose of the specific washtom set and spread I gave is to aid in setting tr midgame by outspeeding and beating tflame, lando, diancie, kanga, or basically any physical attacker. In the lategame, scarftom prevents sweeps from the aforementioned mons, and can finish off damaged ones quickly. Additionally, you can trick a scarf to problem mons like amoonguss or aegislash to really lower their effectiveness. Of course, scarftom isn't the perfect set, and arguments could be made to switch to a bulkier/harder hitting one, but max hp max def is a really bad idea. I will thank you for posting, though, as I forgot to elaborate on how to use my set.
I was just making a suggestion that didn't involve changing the core full tr structure of his team.
Both have similar uses, bulk, and stats. Both rely on special attacks and status to cripple the opponent. Rotom is the better mon overall, but as a scarfer on a tr team it just seems bleh.

Checkmater

It’s just us kittens left, and the rain is coming
is a Tiering Contributor
I was just making a suggestion that didn't involve changing the core full tr structure of his team.
Both have similar uses, bulk, and stats. Both rely on special attacks and status to cripple the opponent. Rotom is the better mon overall, but as a scarfer on a tr team it just seems bleh.
yeah that's true but lanturn is objectively worse than non-scarf rotomwash.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)