SM RU Trick Room Offense Team

Hey there! I dont have too much metagame knowledge, but have always enjoyed the move trick room and figured I'd make an offensive TR team and see how it goes. I've changed some mon around after playing it, but eventually went back to the original 6. It's pretty fun, and although likely not the most viable team at the moment, has scored some sweet W's.
The mon:

Ampharos-Mega @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Dragon Pulse
- Heal Bell/Some Hidden Power
- Focus Blast
Special Wallbreaker
My "flagship" mon, Mega Amp is disgustingly powerful but too slow to sweep. Moveset should more or less speak for itself, I've included heal bell over coverage or volt switch because mega amphy can often take a hit with invested bulk/good typing allowing it to quasi tank, and status on certain teammates can be annoying.

Uxie @ Red Card
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Trick Room
- Memento
- Toxic/U-turn
- Stealth Rock
Trick Room Setter/Support
Excellent trick room setter. Chosen over Cresselia due to memento access. Memento + trick room is hilarious against certain shell smash sweepers. High special bulk + red card can be very disruptive against a potential special sweeper with a calm mind up. I used to run u-turn over toxic so i could "slow switch" out of my own TR so that the incoming mon wouldnt have to eat a hit, and am not quite sure why I stopped.

Rampardos @ Life Orb/Expert Belt
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Earthquake
- Head Smash
- Hammer Arm
- Crunch
Physical WallBreaker
Oh boy. This mon is a trash baby of mine. It's not RU by usage and immensely frail and compounds my ground weakness. It does get nice coverage, and Head smash is almost guaranteed to OKO on 252 HP 0 Def Mega Blastoise (something like 99-110%). However, recoil from head smash and orb ensures that even if it gets work done, it wont stay on the field long. I've used expert belt to some success to try to mitigate this. Mold Breaker stops leviate users from coming in on predicted Earthquakes for free.

Hoopa @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Calm Mind/Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
- Trick Room
Trick Room Setter and Abuser
Can hit both sides of the spectrum hard even without boosting , and tank certain special moves in a pinch.
Sash is used to avoid getting OK'd by a sneaky sucker punch.
Not too much else to say about this guy. Normally a great wincon, but if Trick Room goes down, the uninvested speed may cause Hoopa's sweep to be cut short.

Klinklang @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Volt Switch
- Trick Room
- Wild Charge
- Gear Grind
Trick Room Setter and Tank
I've found Klingklang makes a nice lead and with defensive investment + a berry, can hang around the whole game to throw up trick rooms and vswitch out. It also destroys Fairy Types and certain substitute users. Unfortunately, it suffers from bad movepool syndrome.

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Double-Edge
- Curse
CurseTalk Lax
I had some doubts about using this set, but it's proved me wrong and is a hilarious win condition. Excellent in the lategame, esp if the opponent doesn't expect a rest set. Equally unexcellent if it's the only mon left and your opponent is packing a ghost type.

Some notes: This team has two nasty habits: crumpling to ground attacks, and not quite getting KO's by the time trick room fades esp if rocks aren't up. Even if I get in something nasty, some teams are able to switch resistances and bait certain moves out until trick room fades and revenge killing can occur. This may be an inherent flaw in trick room, but I'm looking for some ways around it. Finally, every mon aside from Uxie was chosen to have low speed to take advantage of Trick Room, so if it's not up, they're sitting ducks.
Good about this team: works well with sticky web up and can end a game very quickly against opponents who cant check Trick Room threats with typing and bulk.

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)