Travel and Vacation Thread

Title says it all people.

Tell about the travels you have taken and vacations.
Also feel free to talk about your place where you live and give suggestions for a vacation.

Italy, Garda 98
With my family. I don't remember that much other than they had nice food (love italian food), nice ice creams, nice lizards and nice weather :P

Germany, 99?
Another family trip. We lived in a castle and I know we have a video of me singing some song dedicated to a boy that I was in love with at that time xD I don't remember what city we were in thought. Oh yeah, we accurally took the car to germany.. no flight. We cross the water with a ferry.

Malta 2006
This was with my mum. I swam with dolphins, otherwise we didn't really do that much xD Sun bathing and swimming, and I remember we were at a market and I was really upset about a stand were a women was selling pets. She had dogs and cats in little hamster cages without any water or food and the birds in 10x10x10cm cages :/ I guess I would be really upset if I ever went to china..

Florida 2010
With my dad. Bought my soul silver there!! :D :D We basically were everywere cause he rent a car. Oh, when I was at Daytona beach a little kid was ran over by a car there, I didn't see it when it happen (thank god) :/

Tenerife 2010
Was there as personal care assistant, so yey for free trip and salary? :D It was pretty nice there, we went to a zoo, a whale safari and a Siam park (water park) :) I think there mostly older people and children family who go there now days, we learn that the hard way when we were going to a taco dinner with karaoke night :P

As for vacations in sweden I have been at gotland, which is very nice :) Its an island, usually have good weather there during summer and it have a very special nature. The biggest city there Visby have many old buildings and has this old medieval wall that goes around the inner city. Once a week they also have a medieval week were people dress in medieval clothes and have midieval markets, tournament and stuff :)

This year I definetely gonna travel somewere but I'm not sure were yet :P Maybe I get some awsome tips in this thread? :D

Not sure if anyone gonna bother reading all this but whatever :P

the best travel i've made was in USA in 2008, i went there with my mother and my father, we travelled long to the east coast trought Maine, Massachussets, Vermont, New Hampshire and Michgan. It was really great, I did a baseball camp in Boston and I went there proud of my two thousands pokemon cards. There was a bit of confusion with the language, but it was awesome. the bigger difference that is between America and Italy is that in USA is all bigger: roads, buildings, food and cities. I ate only cheeseburgers and once a pizza but italy's pizza is so much better :P. we were in hotels and in vermont in the house of my mother's friend. Very beautiful travel

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Does any have any suggestions for a vacation in Europe? I get to choose a vacation when I get 16
i ABSOLUTELY endorse going to paris. seriously the most amazing city you'll ever encounter. its magic and beauty really can't be described, but you really should consider paris, i guarantee you wont regret it. the best times to visit are between april-october, but it's still nice the rest of the year (just pretty fucking cold). if you have to travel during the winter months, i would suggest someplace such as barcelona or mykonos, as theyre pretty nice the whole year round.

Depends what you want to see, if you want fun disneyland paris is awesome, if you want to eat excellent food or beautyful cities definitevely go to italy.

Since we moved to the UK some years ago we've made efforts to see as much of Europe as possible (within limits due to money and time) and so we've been going to some place around once a year.

I've been to Barcelona on a school trip in April and it was amazing. The architecture is amazing and the beaches are pretty good too. Food is great as well. We didn't really spend enough time there really so I can't say much more.

We went to Sicily in December one year and while it wasn't the best time to go there it was still great. We spent most of our time in the Aeolian islands, and they feel so isolated from the rest of the world its great. Vulcano is also a great place to visit. It's a short gentle climb up to the top and the crater is oh my god enormous. You can also see plumes of gas coming out of some areas. If you visit during hotter times you can also go to the mud baths near the coast of the island. Apart from that the Aeolian islands are pretty beautiful really. They're really small as well, you can arrange for some guy to drive you around the perimeter of the island and it only takes an hour or so.

I'll edit this with more when I have some time

Whoa thats cool.Europe is a amazing place to be. However in my opinion France and Spain are simply the most beautiful countries around!

I'm going to Jamaica this spring break (if my track coach will let me, but I'm pretty sure he will) and I'm wondering if anyone has been there and has any ideas on what to do. It'll be a nice change from Destin/Panama City, where I've gone the last few years. A lot of crazy stuff goes down there (even though it's only high school kids who aren't half as crazy as the college kids in Miami and Mexico), and it will be nice to have a relaxing break for once.

Oh awesome my parents went jamica one or two years ago.

I recommend the waterfall tours they are an awesome experience and extremely refreshing. You can also check out all the old historical forts there!

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
why did this thread never get off the ground? I think it's that time of year when people are beginning to plan out their Summer adventures so maybe there's some inspiration to be found in this thread?

basically, post more pictures and share more experiences ok! I'm looking into something adventurous, perhaps Himalayan. anyone with any experience that way?

oh, and for those on a tight budget, I just got back from 3 days hiking in the Lakes with a grand total spend of £50 (about $80).

Low Fell summit

Me on said summit

Scale Force waterfall

Supper on a budget! Chips and half a pint of Loweswater Gold (Champion Golden Ale of Britain 2011 fyi)

your turn. would be nice to get a psuedo-photo album feel in here. :heart:

One summer, a few summers ago, my family went to Wisconsin for vacation. One day, we went to the House on the Rock. That was probably our best vacation ever.

My last holiday was in Slovania. God what a beautiful country. We stayed at a camp site that's on the tiny little bit of coast they have. Slovenia has awesome places to visit, like the salt plantations, mountains, forests, beaches, etc. Excellent road systems, it's highly organized with a great nightlife, and it's also very economic compared to italy.

I really want to go on holiday in the states though. California, west coast in general at the end of the year.

Florence, the city I live in, is also definetly worth a visit. It's a must for renaissance art freaks, but that's not all there is o offer. The tuscan landscape is beautiful, there's a bunch of cool clubs (not many creepy older people come) and there's a bunch of stuff to see.

Tolan

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
My sister and dad are going to California to look at colleges for her. I'm stuck home in Maine :/

Awesome thread revived!!

I right now am planning my trip to France. I of course will be mostly at Paris however I am intersted in visiting some of the other cities. I would most look forward in visiting Lyon or Marisielle. It just amazing how amazing traveling can open up your horizons. It feels there is just no enough time to explore the world.

The army sent me to Itami Japan

Anyway Osaka kyoto and itami were awesome. Loved the people. There are just cool little temples everywhere. The trains and subways were nice and cheap to. Oh and everything is clean. Everything.

Now with hide tags.

Just walking around and found a sweet temple

OH yes the poke center in the osaka mall

Yakiniku with oton and okan

Osaka castle

My personal fav

Some of our japanese counterparts

Those aren't feet

Umeda station

Kiyomizu temple

Japanese graveyards are so much cooler than americas

ANnnd the golden pavillion

and this

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
I know it seems belated by, like, 2(maybe) years for me, but I've never really been out of state in Florida.

I went to Ohio in 2010, and it was so beautiful. Everyone soo nice. The trees were so beautiful, and all the land was awesome. Haven't been there in the Winter yet, but I'm planning to once I move out in 3 years.

uncles and aunt's lodge house

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

IM RIDING ON A DOLPHIN

DOIN FLIPS N SHIT

WHY ARE THERE SO MANY BIRDS ON MY ARM

OH GOD IM GOING TO DIE

STOP LAUGHING AT ME YOU PUPPETS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)