Rejected - Inactive Trainer avatar changes and additions

I noticed that while most of the trainer avatars that were originally animated (Platinum, HGSS, BW, B2W2) use the ending pose, a few of them don't. For the sake of consistency, and because most of the end poses look cooler than the current ones, I think they should be changed.
->
argenta.png

->
bianca-pwt.png

->
blaine.png

->
blue.png

->
brawly.png

->
buck.png

->
cheren.png

->
cheryl.png

->
colress.png

->
dahlia.png

->
flannery.png

->
giovanni.png

->
janine.png

->
karen.png

->
liza.png

->
marley.png

->
mira.png

->
riley.png

->
silver.png

->
tate.png

->
thorton.png

->
winona.png

->
zinzolin.png

There are also a few trainers who have had multiple end poses, and some of them aren't being used.
bertha-pt.png

byron-pt.png

cynthia-pt.png

doctor-2.png

drayden-2.png

erika-hgss.png

falkner-pwt.png

sabrina-hgss.png

There are a few other unused end poses, but I didn't think they were different enough from what's currently there to warrant an extra avatar.

Finally, there's the strange case of Palmer, who has two different end poses, neither of which are used.
->
palmer-dp.png
palmer-pt.png

I find it worth disclosing that this suggestion was primarily inspired by my somewhat prudish gripe of Flannery being in a generic sexy pose as opposed to her happy and energetic end pose. At the very least, please change that.

I feel like people are already accustomed to these avatars. If anything should be changed it should be the ability to pick which one you want. For example you could say: /avatar flannery-end. (or something of that nature??) End standing for end pose. Not really something that important tho

I feel like people are already accustomed to these avatars. If anything should be changed it should be the ability to pick which one you want. For example you could say: /avatar flannery-end. (or something of that nature??) End standing for end pose. Not really something that important tho
I mean, this wouldn't be the first time sprites get replaced. Typhlosion, Gardevoir, Gallade, and Snorlax (and I think Mega Absol and Umbreon) all had their 3DS sprites replaced with custom animations a while back.

I mean, this wouldn't be the first time sprites get replaced. Typhlosion, Gardevoir, Gallade, and Snorlax (and I think Mega Absol and Umbreon) all had their 3DS sprites replaced with custom animations a while back.
Why not just make everybody happy and be able to use any of them? I get the consistency thing, but just because you think those ones look cooler doesn't mean we should take away the ones people have been using for a long time. I'm sure there are a lot of people who think the current ones are cooler, so its all up to preference. Which is why i think we should be able to choose IMO

Also the 3d models are different IMO because many people had felt that the original 3d models were bad (typhlosion no flames lol). Plus we had super talented artists create them on smogon. The sprites here are official and you can find them easily on bulbapedia and implement. Though i understand where you're coming from.

Why not just make everybody happy and be able to use any of them? I get the consistency thing, but just because you think those ones look cooler doesn't mean we should take away the ones people have been using for a long time. I'm sure there are a lot of people who think the current ones are cooler, so its all up to preference. Which is why i think we should be able to choose IMO

Also the 3d models are different IMO because many people had felt that the original 3d models were bad (typhlosion no flames lol). Plus we had super talented artists create them on smogon. The sprites here are official and you can find them easily on bulbapedia and implement. Though i understand where you're coming from.
Normally I'd be all for more options, but just adding all the new sprites without replacing any of the originals would not solve my original problem of being annoyed at the disproportionate number of Flannery avatars because "haha boobs".

Normally I'd be all for more options, but just adding all the new sprites without replacing any of the originals would not solve my original problem of being annoyed at the disproportionate number of Flannery avatars because "haha boobs".
I get that (and i agree that its sorta dumb), though I would doubt that they would remove that one due to the japanese trainers sprites that are a little "too much" for english speakers also being available such as the female swimmer winking, and the sage in a praying position in the gen 2 games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)