Tournament TLT VII: Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tranquility

If I can stop one heart from breaking
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
1699843322597.png

Banner by the GOAT sirDonovan | Approved by Theia
Welcome to the seventh iteration of TLT (Tours' Leaderboard Tournament)! Throughout this tournament, players will battle in a best-of-three/best-of-five (from the 6th round on) format each round, with Smogon's standard tiers being the metagames played. This tournament is also double elimination, so if you're defeated once, you're still in the loser's portion of the bracket.​

The tiers that will be played are:
SV Ubers
SV OU
SV UU
SV RU
SV NU
SV PU
SV LC
SV DOU
SV Monotype

In order to fairly determine the three of these nine tiers played in each individual matchup, players will take turns locking and eliminating tiers among themselves. They'll both lock one tier, followed by eliminating three tiers, thus leaving three tiers to be played. The lower seeded player will lock the first tier, followed by the higher seed player. Then the lower seeded player will eliminate the first tier, followed by the higher seed player, and it will repeat in that order two more times. The higher seed player picks what tier is played first of the three tiers. After that, the loser of game one picks which of the two tiers is played for game two. Naturally, game three will be played in the last remaining tier.

(Example: Tranquility is seed #1, while Daki is seed #16. Daki, the lower seed, decides to lock PU, followed by Tranquility locking RU. At this point, neither PU nor RU can be eliminated. Daki, the lower seed, chooses to first eliminate Ubers. Tranquility follows with OU. Daki then eliminates LC, and Tranquility eliminates Doubles OU. Daki then eliminates Monotype, and Tranquility eliminates NU. So thus the three tiers that would be played are PU (what Daki locked in), RU (what Tranquility locked in) and UU (the tier that didn't get banned). Of these tiers remaining, Tranquility, the higher seed, chooses to play RU first. Tranquility then loses game one, and chooses to play UU next. Should it go to game three, the tier to be played will be PU.)

Basic tournament rules - read these, especially if you're new to forum tours
Sportsmanship: Don't be an ass. Not to your opponents, not on PS, not on Smogon, not to me. A bit of friendly banter is ok, but please know where to draw the line. Think before you type, please.

Scheduling and Activity Wins: Contact your opponent as quickly as possible on their Smogon wall, and look out for them on PS. You will have one week from the posting of the week's matches to get it done. Extensions will be for two days after the scheduled deadline, and no further. If your opponent is not responding to your post on their wall, cannot be found on PS, or miss multiple scheduled times, make a detailed activity post in the thread letting me know why you deserve the win. No activity post means no activity call. As long as you have visible attempts at scheduling (such as wall posts), you will be fine.

Disconnections and Timer: A timer loss is a loss. No if's, and's, or but's about it. If your opponent is nice enough to replay that's fine, but they are by no means obligated to.

Ghosting and Identity: Don't take or give battle advice or make moves based solely on the suggestions of others, and don't pretend to be someone else in order to play as them. You will be caught, and you will be disqualified from this tournament as well as future PS! tournaments (BLT, PSPL, etc.).

Substitutions: Substitutions will be made only for rounds one & two, with round two subs only being allowed for any participants in the loser's bracket.

Round Two Matchups:

Winners:

1. Penter vs 17. skimmythegod

25. PrinceOfAllTacos vs 9. Fragments

4. Batzi vs 20. 7u9i2

28. JJ09LIE vs 12. RoyalReloaded

2. Let's Rumble Shall We vs 18. GeniusFromHoenn

7. nimzowitsch vs 10. KeshBa54

30. Sificon vs 14. Taka

27. Arcanine1929 vs 11. Tanish

Losers:

32. giove97 vs 16. Amstan

8. Sylveon used calm mind vs 24. TGA

29. seroo vs 13. Failbor

5. Vkhss vs 21. velvet

31. lkapkd1 vs 15. TDR

26. PokeArt2004♥ vs 23. TMM

3. Cyril tbh vs 19. Trout In Space

6. Solstorm vs 22. Ina fable

You can find the full bracket here. You may not play battles for the next round until it has been posted.

The deadline for this round will be Sunday, November 19th at 11:59 PM EST.

Replay are mandatory.

Good luck and have fun, everyone!

Last edited:

temp

legacy
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
predix

(Winner of Penter vs giove97) vs 17. skimmythegod

25. PrinceOfAllTacos vs 9. Fragments

4. Batzi vs 20. 7u9i2

28. JJ09LIE vs 12. RoyalReloaded

2. Let's Rumble Shall We vs 18. GeniusFromHoenn

7. nimzowitsch vs 10. KeshBa54

30. Sificon vs 14. Taka

27. Arcanine1929 vs 11. Tanish

(Loser of Penter vs giove97) vs 16. Amstan

8. Sylveon used calm mind vs 24. TGA

29. seroo vs 13. Failbor

5. Vkhss vs 21. velvet

31. lkapkd1 vs 15. TDR

26. PokeArt2004♥ vs 23. TMM

3. Cyril tbh vs 19. Trout In Space

6. Solstorm vs 22. Ina fable

Fragments

Always remember
is a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
Winners:

1. Penter vs vs 17. skimmythegod - skimmy is the more experienced player and one of the strongest in winners now, I believe penter will take dou skimmy will take ubers then skimmy takes whatever the third tier is not gonna count penter out tho he'll make it competitive

4. Batzi vs 20. 7u9i2 - 7u's only real edge here is ubers and I wouldn't even say it's a guaranteed win vs Batzi i think Batzi has the stronger versatility and ik how motivated he is rn so I'm not gonna bet against him

28. JJ09LIE vs 12. RoyalReloaded - JJ is without a doubt the best player in winners rn I'll give credit to royal for his win last week and won't say he stands no chance we've seen him pull out miracles before but this is highly in JJ's favor especially seeing as he already took down wesh

2. Let's Rumble Shall We vs 18. GeniusFromHoenn - I told yall last week not to sleep on hoenn loor and I were the only ones who called it this dude has the fundamentals to make it far in this tour and I think he'll be driven to tryhard the tiers he doesn't normally play

7. nimzowitsch vs 10. KeshBa54 - yea this is a weird one I don't have a strong inclination either way but keshba had the tougher opp last week so on that alone I'll give him the bold here

30. Sificon vs 14. Taka - this should be a fun one I think taka has played in higher stakes tours and has the edge in skill but sifi is certainly no slouch and I wouldn't be totally flabbergasted if he pulls it off

27. Arcanine1929 vs 11. Tanish - another weird one neither had a tough opp last week so I'm just gonna go off the fact that I think tanish prolly has way better support

Losers:

giove97 vs 16. Amstan - uh yea now we're getting into sub territory so I have like no info to go off of here gonna bold gio just cause idt I've ever seen amstan in a forum tour although I did play him in tours room tours a couple times and he's not bad

8. Sylveon used calm mind vs 24. TGA - biggest shock of r1 by far sylv dropping to losers this soon but now he likely terrorizes the losers bracket idt he's the kinda guy to get down on himself if anything he'll be even more motivated now

29. seroo vs 13. Failbor - failbor seems very inconsistent sometimes I see him do fire and other times he drops the ball I could really see this match going either way depending what failbor we get but I think seroo has enough skills to win vs non-100% power failbor

5. Vkhss vs 21. velvet - don't know much about vkh but I'm def assuming velv is the better player here an upset isn't outside the realm of possibility but more than likely velv's got this one

31. lkapkd1 vs 15. TDR - I thought this dude dropped out lol regardless it's the same story as every lkapd1 game you know what he's gonna bring you just gotta spend five minutes cteaming and you're good

26. PokeArt2004♥ vs 23. TMM - stronger player of the two not much else to say idt it'll be a total wash but I would be surprised to not see TMM take this and I believe he does it in two unless pokeart capitalizes on a tier he doesn't really play and pushes it to a third game

3. Cyril tbh vs 19. Trout In Space - yea zero clue here lmao have had more interactions with cyril and he's a good lad so that's enough for me

6. Solstorm vs 22. Ina fable - stronger and more experienced player of the two this side of bracket is really lacking tho

Would’ve liked to at least have a message from the host before being subbed out lol, I was gonna play this week. Ig I’m happy vk gets a shot tho, but just because I’m malding 5 secs after a game doesn’t necessarily mean I’m dropping

Tranquility

If I can stop one heart from breaking
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Would’ve liked to at least have a message from the host before being subbed out lol, I was gonna play this week. Ig I’m happy vk gets a shot tho, but just because I’m malding 5 secs after a game doesn’t necessarily mean I’m dropping
Hi my apologies for the slightly late response (thanks smogon)

Wesh, given that you've outright stated that you wanted to drop out after your series in the discord along with leaving there shortly after and not communicating about wanting to play until after the round was up, you won't be allowed back in the tour as to put simply, dropping out means your foregoing any remaining opportunities you have in the tournament, my apologies it had to be like this.

Also; PrinceOfAllTacos you don't need to be inflammatory in your responses, the posts have been deleted regarding this and the next time this happens you'll get disqualified for poor sportsmanship.

Wesh, given that you've outright stated that you wanted to drop out after your series in the discord along with leaving there shortly after and not communicating about wanting to play until after the round was up, you won't be allowed back in the tour as to put simply, dropping out means your foregoing any remaining opportunities you have in the tournament, my apologies it had to be like this.

Also; PrinceOfAllTacos you don't need to be inflammatory in your responses, the posts have been deleted regarding this and the next time this happens you'll get disqualified for poor sportsmanship.
It was never my intention to be inflammatory I do apologize all the same for it to have been interpreted as such

sucks but understandable

Cyril tbh

formerly LordDoesOtherStuff
Dear Micoy

I am writing to express my extreme dissatisfaction and utter disbelief regarding your predictions in the recent TLT game between Trout in Space. Your biased, inaccurate, and downright offensive predictions have left me flabbergasted and infuriated.

Your audacious prediction of my loss in the NU, UU, and DOU tiers due to a perceived lack of effort is not only baseless but downright insulting. How dare you assume my dedication or lack thereof without any basis or evidence? Your so-called predictions were not just inaccurate but fueled by prejudice and unprofessionalism.

I demand an explanation for your outrageous remarks and blatant bias in your predictions. Your role is to analyze the strengths and weaknesses of the competitors, not to fabricate assumptions about their commitment levels. Your unprofessional conduct has tarnished the integrity of the game and cast doubt on the legitimacy of your predictions.

It is unacceptable to make sweeping judgments about a player's efforts without any factual basis. Your irresponsible comments not only undermine my credibility but also reflect poorly on your own competence and ethics. I expect an immediate apology for your unfounded accusations and a retraction of your erroneous predictions. Additionally, I demand a public acknowledgment of your mistake and a commitment to refrain from such unprofessional behavior in the future.

I will not tolerate this level of disrespect and unfair treatment. I urge you to rectify this situation promptly and take responsibility for your careless actions. I await your prompt response and a resolution to this matter.

Sincerely, Cyril tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)