SM OU Thundurus-based Offensive OU team

I just started playing pokemon showdown a week ago. This is so far the team that I have used ever since.

Thundurus (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunder Wave
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt

I base this team on Thundurus because he's my favorite pokemon. My main Stab is Thunderbolt, Hidden Power Ice for coverage. I use Nasty Plot whenever I can get a chance to set up. Thunder Wave is for crippling faster pokemon, and it goes so well with Prankster. At first I chose Life Orb over Leftovers, but I figured out Life Orb drained the hp so fast, while Thundurus is already a fragile pokemon to begin with.

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Encore
- Return
- High Jump Kick

Next I chose a mega. Lopunny came to my mind because of its ability to threaten Rock and Ice types that can be a problem for Thundurus. My friends told me to choose Adamant as its nature over Jolly, but I still chose Jolly because I'm kinda obsessed about being outsped T.T I run a Substitute set to avoid any status moves since Lopunny is may second go-to when it comes to offense. I'm not so sure about High Jump Kick, the recoil damage when you miss is so annoying. And I found out that it miss more than I expected T T

Mew @ Mewnium Z
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Nasty Plot
- Aura Sphere
- Psychic

Well a favorite pokemon, a mega user, here comes my Z user. I must admit that I chose Mew because I love that pokemon, and because of the fact that Mew can learn any move there is. Soft-Boiled can keep Mew healthy while Nasty Plot helps with sweeping. I chose Aura Sphere as a solution to the flood of Steel types in OU. Psychic is my main STAB move, and psychic terrain is great. But I find it hard to know when to use Z. Any advice?

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough

Azumarill has great typing. It helps me deal with dragon and especially dark type pokemon that can be a threat to Mew. Knock Off can remove items from defensive pokemon (yes I really hate Leftovers and Rocky Helmet). Aqua Jet for it priority. Waterfall and Play Rough for main STABs. Assault Vest helps Azumarill switch into special pokemon.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 232 SpD
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Gyro Ball

Rocky Helmet performs really well with its ability Iron Barbs. Leech Seed can help it wall off anything that's not super effective. Protect can be really handy, especially when you got leech seed on the opposing pokemon. Gyro Ball is the only damaging move. I have mixed feelings about this set because it lacks offensive power, do you think Ferrothorn can slow my pace down?

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash

Oh Mamoswine Mamoswine, how I love you Mamoswine. I used it back in my first run of HGSS, crushed Lance's team ith it haha. It can easily swith in Fire and Ice types and punish those pokemon or force my opponent to switch them out. Earthquake and Icicle Crash can maximize its attack power, while Ice Shard can be used to finish low hp pokemon. I don't know to to fill in the 4th slot so I chose Stealth Rock.

Thank you guys in advance for rating my team. Don't take my personal feelings to those pokemon so seriously, I'm open to any idea that can help me improve my performance in OU (just remember that this team is based on Thundurus so I won't remove him haha). And English is not my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.

Well im new at this game, but ithink i can make some advices. In my opinion azumarill wont work dat well on this team, yes u have assault vest but meta pokemons like kartana, tapu bulu, serperior all out speed azumarill yes u have aqua jet but they wont even care about dat, probably going normal set would be best since u can belly drum before they bring them to the field and then use aqua jet and u probably deal something else. Ferrothorn is the only tanky u have, yes u have mamoswine but i wouldnt trust dat much.
Since i was talking about azumarill, since u are using it in more tank purpose i would play magearna assault vest for dragons but then u would 3x weaks to fire so tapu fini would be great, your choice.
U are playing arround thundurus and since is extremely weak against bulky grass like tangrowth and venassaur u should have some type of coverage in that sense since thundurus wont be even close to take that down and mamoswine will be completly done if they have giga drain that can OHKO with prior dmg. So i would chose some type of coverage that away u could play tornados t offensive Z move which can OHKO Mega alakazam which is great also for setup sweeper, victini or other fire pokemon. So in this case i know u said u love mew and he is not dat bad in terms dealing with bulky grass types but alakazam in his place wont get outspeed so easily and will deal more dmg but if u take mew out remember u will lose the only fighting type move besides loppuny

737373elj

Banned deucer.
U are playing arround thundurus and since is extremely weak against bulky grass like tangrowth and venassaur
How do grass-types hit Thundurus-T apart from HP Ice? and Thundurus-T can hit back with it's own HP Ice too.
as for the team, I think Waterfall on Azumarill should be swapped out as it does the same thing as Aqua Jet. I dont know what move you should use though.
And also, why is the Mamoswine there? Ice-types don't seem to be much of a problem here. Maybe Landorus-T would work better as a Fire-type threat? What are your experiences using mamoswine?
Edit: yeah just follow Kenhardt and use the Z-Belly Drum set on Azu.

Thundurus (M) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt

I base this team on Thundurus because he's my favorite pokemon. My main Stab is Thunderbolt, Hidden Power Ice for coverage. I use Nasty Plot whenever I can get a chance to set up. Thunder Wave is for crippling faster pokemon, and it goes so well with Prankster. At first I chose Life Orb over Leftovers, but I figured out Life Orb drained the hp so fast, while Thundurus is already a fragile pokemon to begin with.
Since the general build you were going for here seems to be an offensive/hyper offensive one, I'd suggest a dual-dancing set instead of Thunder Wave support, since you're going to want to sweep with a Nasty Plot user, why not go for raw speed instead of unreliable Thunder Wave self-support. I will go into why that won't cut into the other team members's effectiveness later.
Here's my suggested set:

Thundurus (M) @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Agility
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

However, in my eyes Thundurus-Therian would be a more effective choice here:

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Electrium Z
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Agility
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Encore
- Return
- High Jump Kick

Next I chose a mega. Lopunny came to my mind because of its ability to threaten Rock and Ice types that can be a problem for Thundurus. My friends told me to choose Adamant as its nature over Jolly, but I still chose Jolly because I'm kinda obsessed about being outsped T.T I run a Substitute set to avoid any status moves since Lopunny is may second go-to when it comes to offense. I'm not so sure about High Jump Kick, the recoil damage when you miss is so annoying. And I found out that it miss more than I expected T T
Mega Lopunny is a fine choice as it excels at countering opposing offense very well. I'm also ok with the set you're running as it provides some tools for tackling stall.
Mew @ Mewnium Z
Modest Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Nasty Plot
- Aura Sphere
- Psychic

Well a favorite pokemon, a mega user, here comes my Z user. I must admit that I chose Mew because I love that pokemon, and because of the fact that Mew can learn any move there is. Soft-Boiled can keep Mew healthy while Nasty Plot helps with sweeping. I chose Aura Sphere as a solution to the flood of Steel types in OU. Psychic is my main STAB move, and psychic terrain is great. But I find it hard to know when to use Z. Any advice?
As you want to use Mew, I'll just suggest a different set. Mewnium Z sweeping Mews are very effective dual dancers, however, the team already has one and since the main player here should be Thundurus I felt like giving your Mew a more supportive role.
The set I'm suggesting is a dedicated lead set with Tailwind support.

Mew @ Mental Herb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Tailwind
- Taunt
- Explosion
Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough

Azumarill has great typing. It helps me deal with dragon and especially dark type pokemon that can be a threat to Mew. Knock Off can remove items from defensive pokemon (yes I really hate Leftovers and Rocky Helmet). Aqua Jet for it priority. Waterfall and Play Rough for main STABs. Assault Vest helps Azumarill switch into special pokemon.
Now as Mew won't need any support as a dedicated lead and since the Z move user is already Thundurus, I decided to replace it with Ash-Greninja. It performs better as an offensive water type and gives the team additional Spikes support, easing the matchup against stall while not lacking in any offensive prowess either. It has great synergy with Thundurus, as that can easily take out pivots that like to switch into Greninja, making the team more effective at breaking down teams.

Greninja-Ash (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes
Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 232 SpD
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Gyro Ball

Rocky Helmet performs really well with its ability Iron Barbs. Leech Seed can help it wall off anything that's not super effective. Protect can be really handy, especially when you got leech seed on the opposing pokemon. Gyro Ball is the only damaging move. I have mixed feelings about this set because it lacks offensive power, do you think Ferrothorn can slow my pace down?
Because the team you're aiming for here is an offensive build, Ferrothorn pulls down the team's pace too much. Another good offensive grass that could fill the hole Ferrothorn creates is Tapu Bulu, which also comes with the benefit of making the matchup against Scarf Landorus-Therian easier with grassy terrain. However, a Banded set on Ferrothorn could possibly work too if you're into that Pokemon.

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
Jolly Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Rock Slide

Ferrothorn @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Bulldoze
- Knock Off
Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash

Oh Mamoswine Mamoswine, how I love you Mamoswine. I used it back in my first run of HGSS, crushed Lance's team ith it haha. It can easily swith in Fire and Ice types and punish those pokemon or force my opponent to switch them out. Earthquake and Icicle Crash can maximize its attack power, while Ice Shard can be used to finish low hp pokemon. I don't know to to fill in the 4th slot so I chose Stealth Rock.

Thank you guys in advance for rating my team. Don't take my personal feelings to those pokemon so seriously, I'm open to any idea that can help me improve my performance in OU (just remember that this team is based on Thundurus so I won't remove him haha). And English is not my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
I'm totally fine with Mamoswine. Maybe switch Stealth Rock for Superpower.

Numer one thing to say: Never, NEVER, run Adamant on Lopunny. It's just soooo bad. It gets outsped by Tornadus, Greninja, Tapu Koko, and all those bad boys usually lose to Lop. Go for Jolly and that's it. Also Encore on Lopunny really only makes sense to me if you're running Power-Up Punch, so I would switch that out for some form of priority, Fake Out mainly. Also Sub can go in my opinion, Ice Punch is a much better option. If you're that scared of status though, Facade can be a surprise option.

T-wave on Thundurus kunda feels out of place to me. It would've made sense if you were going for a full-on Prankster build, but on Nasty Plot is not somethig you want. For speed control I would run Agility instead, but probably I would put Focus Blast instead to hit mons that can take your attacks, mainly Steels, Ferrothorn comes to mind.

Also, why Azu? I mean, if you need someone to take hits that is a Water/Fairy, Tapu Fini is a much much better option, and it gives you more support with its movepool. Defog, Nature's Madness, Taunt, Haze...
I would replace Azumarill with Fini.

I still see a lot of problems with the team though, for exaple the inability to break through a lot of Steel types reliably, your awful matchup against stall, and lack of speed control. I think that to make this team actually work well it should be redone with only Thundurus in mind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)