there's a heatran in the pokemon tv show so i made a thread about it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i love the pokemon anime, i remember someone using a darkrai and latios against ash in the last season of diamond/pearl and he 4-0d ash like a boss

also wtf lickilicky with its tongue in its mouth

Certainly beats Bellsprout almost kicking the shit out of Ash.
that match was pretty enjoyable iirc, twists and a fun ending though I haven't seen it in like 10+ years.

the darkrai guy seem really dumb though, what an overpowered character. More or less rules out any chance of ash winning (even though that rarely happens, it is still a kick in the teeth).

that match was pretty enjoyable iirc, twists and a fun ending though I haven't seen it in like 10+ years.

the darkrai guy seem really dumb though, what an overpowered character. More or less rules out any chance of ash winning (even though that rarely happens, it is still a kick in the teeth).
Yeah, that was pretty terrible writing that ruined any kind of hype around the legendary Pokemon. Darkrai is so terrifying that it can stop Dialga and Palkia from fighting...also random guy you never see again "has one". And a Latios. Just like that.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
i enjoyed the addition of darkrai because I'm (obv) a fan of ubers and whatever gets ash destroyed the fastest works for me.

I think the de-valuing of legendaries comes naturally with time and technology as people are slowly becoming more confident and capable in handling them

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I've read somewhere that the guy with Darkrai/Latios might represent the newbies who trade over powerful Pokémon to their game to sweep the Elite Four, because they can't do it the proper way.

Or people who hack their way to victory. Can't really remember which theory was more prevalent.

i enjoyed the addition of darkrai because I'm (obv) a fan of ubers and whatever gets ash destroyed the fastest works for me.

I think the de-valuing of legendaries comes naturally with time and technology as people are slowly becoming more confident and capable in handling them
Too bad it wasn't gradual. It was just "a wild guy with legendaries appears" and it only happened like once. Next occasion Ash and co. see a legendary they still go "ooh" and "aah".

I've read somewhere that the guy with Darkrai/Latios might represent the newbies who trade over powerful Pokémon to their game to sweep the Elite Four, because they can't do it the proper way.

Or people who hack their way to victory. Can't really remember which theory was more prevalent.
That's the impression I get, but if the writers intended it like that they would've made that legendary trainer much less respected by the other characters.

Well, didn't the Frontier Brains in the "Battle Frontier" season use Legendaries?
Yeah, but they are special people that pretty much proved themselves worthy of wielding them by becoming a frontier brain.

Too bad it wasn't gradual. It was just "a wild guy with legendaries appears" and it only happened like once. Next occasion Ash and co. see a legendary they still go "ooh" and "aah".

That's the impression I get, but if the writers intended it like that they would've made that legendary trainer much less respected by the other characters.

Yeah, but they are special people that pretty much proved themselves worthy of wielding them by becoming a frontier brain.
At the battle frontier were great.
Telling the legendary, Mewtwo is that made ​​him look great.

There's also that Nurse Joy who has a Latias.

Also in Best Wishes season 2, Meloetta is suppose to join Ash for his journey. Now I don't know if that means he's actually going to catch it or if it's going to be like Manaphy.

I think they used the Darkrai/Latios guy simply as a means to make sure Ash didn't win the Sinnoh league. Ash was simply getting too powerful, and they had to resort to using Ubers to keep him in check.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
In the final part of that episode, it was Cynthia vs Red Afro in the finals. So does that mean Cynthia's Garchomp or Red Afro's Infernape took down a team of legendaries...?

Nah, Cynthia and Shit E4 Member were simply having a tourney finisher battle. The uber using kid won the tourney, but was later disqualified for breaking the rules that said tourney was for OU and below.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)