The Well #38 - Jesus: A holy well, tainted by a dark man

Status
Not open for further replies.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Jesus,

I've seen you nod out so much that I thought to ask you if you were a heroin addict.

I can't believe you don't have a better story.

Your friend,
Bill

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
MAN! i am going to work soon, so much for catching up to the questions quickly, lol. I'll catch up by the end of today though, please bare with me guys.

Have you met either of the esteemed Washington users Snunch or Yeti, either online or in real life?
no, i do not believe i have. i had to think twice about Yeti because for some reason i thought i had met her once, lol

Who holds more "power" (and feel free to interpret this in any way you wish) in current American society: males, females, or neither? Online? Explain.
males hold the power usually, come on man. In relationships, society, online, etc. I think females do not realize exactly how much power they have, and that is sometimes sad for me to think about.

for example: in relationships, it is the males that usually hold more power, but females could EASILY take all the power and hold on to it. females are a bit fragile, you know what i mean?

please people, no one think i am sexists, i was just trying to answer a question

Based on your OP, why don't you capitalize "i" except if at the beginning of a sentence or if part of a contraction?
i may have graduated high school, and i'm well into my college years, but one thing you'll learn about me is that, unless i am taking a test or something school related (or work related, gotta look professional sometimes), my grammar and spelling skills are terrible. it is not something i am proud of, and sometimes do feel dumb when i re-read and see the mistakes I've made

Opinions on/notable interactions with Mr. Mike Sankey.
Mr. Mike Sankey is a man too sensitive for his own good. he is quick to get angry or react, and he reacts to almost everything. this makes him very easy to troll and entertaining in general. if he knows how to pick his battles and sometimes just choose to walk away, then i haven't seen any it. he is also a bit too trusting i think.

all my interactions with Mike have been rather pleasant. we have nice chats here and there

Do you hate Europeans?
No, what ever would make you think that?

Would you lick a prostitutes snatch who had just finished up a train? ...Gun to a family members head?
what does "finished up train" mean exactly? it doesn't matter though, if a gun is being held to a family members head, i would have no choice but to start licking. i can go on a massive brushing/mouth cleansing adventure afterwards, as well as visiting the hospital.

Do you understand that just by existing you are affecting peoples lives negatively vs positively at a 10:1 ratio?
i don't believe that, and if it is really true, then that sucks man.

I believe that a person who abstains from eating is more privileged than a person who gorges them-self with food. Do you agree or disagree.
yes, i very much agree.

OI I met you at nats! Do you remember our crazy Steak N Shake waitress that got offended when we didn't laugh at her jokes? (that isn't a real question dw)

What do you think the next VGC format will be? If it's 2010 style, will you run toxic stall again?
haha, YES I DO :). she ended up being ok i think

also i honestly think the rules for 2013 will be the same as 2012. i dont see any major change to the rules. i think it'll be 2012, but with the new bw2 move tutors for people to play with. the new moves from the tutors could be enough alone to change the vgc metagame for 2013, no new rules are really needed.

I do however think that we will someday go back to VGC 2010, and by that i mean we shall see the return of ubers, but we wont ever have the sort of time limit we had in 2010, so i dont think you'll ever see me stall on the level of my 2010 toxic stall team.

Can you turn this well's water into wine?
What out of the new arrivals from B2W2 has you the most excited?
Believe it or not, but i havent even taken a good look at the new moves. what i know, i just heard/read from the massive facebook spam that went down after people discovered the new move tutors of bw2. I am in no rush to look at any of that new stuff, i am never in a rush for these sort of things i think. heck, i didnt start practicing for vgc 2012 until a week before the pleasanton regional lol

Did you ever order anything at the restaurant with the outdoor couches beyond water?
no, haha. i think they may have gotten mad that throughout the weekend, we didn't order much as a group, but took a massive amount of their space

I've heard you're quite the stylish fellow. Have any favorite getups?
Nah, i only look like a stylish fellow that knows something about style ;). i really want to heavily get into the fashion scene (just for the clothes). when i have the money for such a hobby, i'll start buying/putting things together, and then i'll have a favorite getup

Are you making a nats warstory/photodump?
no. no warstory or photodump sadly. there might be a video in the works though :).

i am hoping to be at worlds, and thats really when i will go crazy with capturing THE.ENTIRE.EVENT. somehow

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Can you pinpoint an aspect of your life that has made you nice to people by default?

I mean, for some reason you're nice to me, and I have no idea why. At some times it's pretty unnerving.

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
nina alcohol is a drug. with that in mind, I reprise my prior question

Why do we love each other so much?

Also, what do you think was the defining moment in your life?

Okay + Reading questions:
How often do you read?
Favorite book?
Favorite author?
Favorite genre?
Favorite quote, if any?

How many Mike's Hard Lemonade can you down in one night?

What's your favorite Mike's Hard Lemonade flavor?

What is your favorite female anime character in Pokémon?

If you could CHOOSE your race what would you be?

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
are you a religious man? what about your relatives? what were the predominant religions in africa (where in africa are you from, btw)?

Ninahaza

pick four persons who have responded to this well thus far and describe your fondest memory with them, irl or otherwise
Mootles ~
Remember when you came down to Seattle for VGC last year? Remember how we all went for sushi, but i was so terrible with sushi over all that i probably came across as something only those who payed attention could describe? good times. i probably looked like a fool/noob

also it was really nice seeing you again last weekend Tim ^_^

Mingot:
During VGC nationals of 2011, in Indianapolis, Bill and i, along with a few others, i think atlas was in that group too, we were trying to find scotty's. we walked around the city of Indianapolis, and we eventually came across "the waterfall", we then proceeded to crack jokes about training under the water fall or something for vgc that weekend. haha, good times

Vader:
One night i remember Vader and i had been chatting all night, we eventually started to talk about what would happen if we ever met. If my memory serves me correctly, i think the plan was that we would get high (it would be my first time), then head to the mall and judge/make fun of random people without their knowledge. i think making a stop somewhere for food was in there somewhere too. we made some crazy scenario, but i truly hope that someday it will come to pass

Kittenmay:
There has been a lot of cute/adorable moments between kittenmay and i, like communicating through text AND Facebook at the same time lol. there is also that one time she called me when i was at the gym, like wtf, but in her defense it was pretty late and not many people are usually at the gym during such hours.

in fact i think the only thing stopping kittenmay from marrying me is the fact that she is a total cat person, and i am completely, 100% dog person.
Kitty :3
if you could live in any cartoon universe and help out the main characters somehow, which cartoon universe would you live in?
I would probably choose pokemon. MAN, i want to live in the magical world of pokemon SO BADLY. If i have to help the main character, then that means i would eventually meet up with ash and become part of his then newly formed crew, which i don't mind really, but i would rather do my own thing for awhile at least.
also what are your opinions on the pokemon panpour
its cute i guess. 5th gen is my least favorite, but honestly the truth is that there are so many pokemon now, that many of them just don't catch my eye.

What's a good question to ask you?
i dont think this is how all of this is suppose to work. why don't you take some time to think about it, then come back and ask me something :).

Hey Ninahaza, what is your Avatar about? man, what is your signature about? it kinda looks related to your avatar now that i put 1+1 together. what is the story here Jesus?

Do you have any regrets? What are they? How would you change them?
we all have regrets, i'll try to think of the 2 most recent regrets of mine, or just 2 that pop into my head first. hmm, lets see

I skipped the 2011 Pokemon VGC world championships, and have regretted it for many, many months now. all i needed to do was see some pictures and videos of all my friends having fun in the San Diego sun, then the regret hit me like a cool, refreshing, San Diego beach morning tidal wave. I would change this regret by going back in time and making sure i did not skip worlds last year. This is why i am going to try my absolute best to make it to worlds this year

I regret revealing my crush to, well, my crush. this was last year as well. if i could take those words back, i would

also i really regret the way I've managed my money in the last 12 months. i have been going a bit crazy with money, and it has left me in a terrible place. I am now trying to get back into the habit of saving up again, a habit i once had. i used to be smart with my money, but not recently. i would change this regret by going back to being smart with my money

What was the "nuggetbridge" incident I read about a couple posts up?
ok this is going to be a summary of what I THINK, a summary of what i've been able to piece together.

A few people, along with the leaders of the VGC forum here on smogon did not like the way VGC in general was limited. they wanted more power or access or something, but smogon refused them. i dont think smogon was interested in seeing VGC expand in general. anyways, the people/VGC leaders decided to split off smogon and make a new website dedicated to just VGC.
honestly i think VGC has been growing at a very healthy rate each year. i don't know why some people would want to limit such growth. especially seeing as this is something OFFICIALLY hosted by Nintendo/The Pokemon company itself.

I mean, VGC worlds this year is being hosted in Hawaii ffs. But anyways, yeah, so some shit went down, and it resulted in nugget bridge
What is your favorite comedy show/comedian?
PK Gaming already asked this question, and i answered it.
Originally Posted by Fat PK Gaming
*Favorite comedies?
and i answered
Rush hour 1&2 probably double up as my favorite comedies/action movies. I just have a huge man crush on Jackie Chan. he is, and has been my favorite actor for a very long time.

i also really used to enjoy Melcom in the middle, probably my favorite sit com.

Chris Rock has to be my favorite Comedian, sorry, but the guy is just so funny.
How do you feel about South Park's interpretation of Celine Dion?
I cant honestly take offence or "feel anything" other than laughter when it comes to south park. its a great show, i am a fan. they have made fun of enough people that i like/look up to, that if i were to take offence, shit would have gone down a long time ago

wow, thank you for that detailed and honest response. i definitely asked because i did see that thread/was really impressed with your progress...i've been wanting to change my physical appearance (not losing weight, but gaining muscle tone) and definitely feel motivated by humans, girls in particular. that fiery passion of wanting it that you describe ... i definitely feel that with schoolwork and have soldiered on/put many other things beside for it but i'm not sure i could feel that way about physical exercise, even though getting a girlfriend (or just more girl friends) through it would probably be very good for me emotionally. good luck with your other goals!
You're welcome.

Honestly, its something that takes time. it comes with time. you don't just wake up and decide to want something that badly. you don't just get up and are magically in that stage. you start somewhere with your fitness goals, and eventually as you grow and become stronger both mentally and physically, you find yourself in such a zone :).

If you could die in any way you wanted, in what way would you die?
I would want to pass away peacefully in a bed, surrounded by my children, my grandchildren, my family. I do not want to bury my wife, and i also do not want to leave her alone in this world, so i suppose in that bed would be my beloved. we could pass away peacefully hand in hand. i know that is just a fantasy, but the question was about what I wanted, not reality.
Would you rather have a dog or a cat?
anyone that really knows me will tell you that my love for dogs borders on obsessing. there is no other animal in this world i love more. i dont even know if i can put into words my love for dogs.

when i am fully grown and have my own house, the first thing i am filling that house with shall be 2 amazing dogs. i have this fantasy about taking my dogs and kids to the park, and just watching them all play. i'll sit on a bench, under the shadow of a tree with a nice breeze blowing, and i'll just smile, reflecting on my life so far as i watch some of the dearest things to me (kids and dogs) run around, playing together.

bro, i can talk about dogs all day man.
Do you like cookies?
yes

Chances you break 1k posts by the end of the year?
with it being VGC season, the Naruto thread (aka my argument with Vader), this well thread and a upcoming thread, i think i am going to hit my 1k so fast that i should probably start thinking of ideas for a possible 1k thread now.

favourite and least favourite african american stereotype
Favorite would probably have to be either the Chicken one or the big penis one.
Least favorite would have to be the ghetto/high crime rate/i'm black so i have to be a criminal/up to something one.
favorite dish
a "remixed" African dish my mom makes that no one would know (since, you know, its a remixed dish)
most expensive food youve eaten
IHOP.

When i usually go to ihop, or at least my local ihop anyway, i go with michael and we just never realize exactly how much we've ordered until the bill is brought to us

You are in the well and must answer these questions!! If you do I'll throw a rope down there :)

1). If you could make one pokemon 4X weak to any type, wht would be the mon and type and why?

2). What are you top 5 least favorite pokemon designwise?

3). If you were to be badged right now, which one would you want? (Mod, Supermod, and Admin are not included).

4). What's your favorite 2012 move that has come out this year?

and finally

5). Are you more of a cat or a dog person?

Ninahaza

I want to thank you personally. Mainly because you don't seem close to 1K, and neither am I. I want to thank you because you taught me when everyone else hated me. You got me under your wing when everyone else wanted me out. You spoke to me when no one else would. You taught me so much over this short period of time we met each other. Your words have changed my life, my way of thinking, and the way I live my life. You helped me regain my confidence, and my will to help. You may be one of the few persons I will never forget throughout my lifetime. You have taught me the good ways of life. I may be annoying, and irritating at time, but I really see you as someone I revere and respect, you're a role model to me. I thrive to become a user of your quality. I still got a lot of things to learn, but I know you will be there to help me. Thank you.
TL;DR version: Thank you Ninahaza for everything, no one has been able to change as you have.
aww shucks, come on now, i didnt do much. i was just being myself ^_^. No but seriously, you have humbled me in front of everyone, and i mean that in the most positive way.

Your post should make me feel all special inside, but it also reminds me of what kind of place smogon can be. We come online, log in, and proceed to go around tearing others down. I've seen your personality online darkaxis, you are not the most perfect user, but I've also seen how others take the opportunity to jump on you and bring you down. its like we revel in the chances to tear people down, like we revel in our cruelty. the worst part about all this is that you actually try too. you try to better yourself (although at times not in the best of ways), and that was one of the reasons i decided to give you my time and attention whenever you needed it, but how can one better himself when people all around him just keep tearing him down?

you know what the whole situation reminds me of? a wounded animal. a wounded animal that the rest of the other animals take the chance to pounce on because it is wounded. as for me, i did nothing great really. think of me as a monkey swinging up in his tree, watching the madness below. I just came down and shared a few words with you, i don't even remember what exactly it is that i have said, but sometimes a few words are all we need to keep our heads up, to keep going. coming down my tree isnt something that took great effort. i think it takes more effort to keep picking on someone than it does to just decide to be kind, even if its just every now and then. We just choose to pick on people because there is much greater enjoyment in it than to be kind apparently. after all, we are safe behind the internet wall, lets just do whatever the fuck we want right? people who go around picking on others and tearing others down on smogon, i wonder how they'd do in real life. i think i'd like to see that.

Ok, enough with my rant, sorry about that, but you have to understand something though Darkaxis; You are on the internet, on a website filled with mostly teenagers, you have to build a tough skin or you'll never have a good, or even decent time here. you have heard of the "I give no fucks" meme right? the "here is where i would put my fucks, IF I GAVE ANY!!!" ones. You really just have to sometimes not give a fuck. i know its hard to ignore somethings, to not take them to heart and not have them affect you, but damn man, learn to not give a fuck when it comes to this damn place. Also you come off as very annoying and attention seeking, so you do yourself no favors since that just helps attract the punishment/unkindness you receive on the internet, so you really need to learn to not give a fuck sometimes. i promise you things will go much more smoothly if you do

also i hope smogon tries to remember that you are just a young kid trying to fit in, simple as that. Whether its someone that is an admin, or someone that just joined, we should all try to remember that the feeling of trying to fit in or get recognized is not unfamiliar to us all. it doesn't have to be on the internet, or even in school; at some point in our lives we all have faced the task of trying to fit in somewhere.

Thanks again for the kind words darkaxis. Knowing that i've had a profound effect on someone, enough that they wont forget me throughout their life? that i've changed their life and way of thinking in general? its a pretty amazing feeling i got when i read your paragraph. i guess being Kind does have its rewards huh. alright man, let us answer some of your questions Darkaxis ^_^

Ok this are all truthful questions and I will try to make it short.

1. Do you have any brothers, or sisters?
yes, 2 brothers and 1 sister.
2. What got you involved in VGC?
i saw a commercial for a Pokemon event in Seattle in 2004, i was already in love with the game, so why not check out what all the fuss was about right? i lived close by after all. The rest was history as they say
3. What's your opinion on gay marriage?
I support gay marriage. I am a christian (although a terrible one lately, not because of the gay marriage thing........). i believe in God and am religious, but my religion shouldn't dictate the rights of others.
4. If you were to change something in the world, what would it be?
this is a tough one, i would honestly really have to think about this one. For now i'll just say that i would choose to end violence in Africa (i know, that's pretty selfish right)
5. Is the girl that you have a crush on noticed your weight loss?
i don't have those feelings for her anymore, but yes, she did notice, and has even talked to me about it.
6. What user you have not met before, would you like to meet?
Vader.
i dont think i can pick just one, so i tried to do a random selection, and vader won. The universe is trying to tell us something here vader......
7. Top 5 cutest users.
this is in no particular order.
#0 <3 Huy <3 :
Huy is a user that makes many of my lists because i have some sort of man crush on him. no seriously, i fucking love the guy, even though his feelings toward me have changed over the years, i still have a lot of love for him. I made a list of top 10 cutest people that i know in general, and he made the list out of a lot of fucking people.

alright, to the top 5 smogon users then.
#1- Fishy
#2- Omegadonut
#3- Gec
#4- Evan Falco

#5- Maski:
Alright i am going to isolate this one because she is pretty young, and i dont want to come off as some creep. In my defense i would have babbytron on this list in a heartbeat, if only he were to be old enough to even be a user on smogon. User maski is fucking cute ok, i think she is, but i can assure you its not in a creepy way.

8. Top 5 anime.
this is also in no particular order
1- Naruto
2- Fullmetal Alchemist
3- Avatar The last Airbender (sorry but legend of korra did not really impress me)
4- Bleach: before it went to shit after the Aizen arch. well i stopped watching, so maybe it got good again.

9. Top 5 musicians.
also in no particular order
1- Michael Jackson (TOTALLY TOPS/#1 ON LIST BTW)
2- Celine Dion
3- R. Kelly
4- Justin Timberlake
5- Eminem

Tell me a story about africa that could not possibly have happened in america.
My mother told me this story when i was a bit older, but i cannot remember the type of snake it was, damnit.

anyways, In Burundi, apparently when i was a baby, i was left in the backyard one day, and a giant snake approached me. apparently the snake eventually wrapped itself around me, but not in a deadly manner, it examined me and then all of a sudden just left me..... Now this whole time my aunt was paralyzed with shock and fear, she eventually fetched my mother, they came back when the snake was leaving. They then proceeded to get the men of the house involved. the snake didn't make it far, for it was killed shortly after. My mom told me that what was stranger than the snake deciding to instead just play with me and leave me unharmed was the fact that i didn't cry throughout the entire bizarre event. I'm not sure, but i also think she said that i had rice crumbs all over my mouth/cheeks when this happened, lol. Not that it affects the story in any way i think. last i checked, rice didn't attract snakes or keep them from harming you.

And if possible tell me a story about africa that probably has happened to every american at one time or another but is entertaining nonetheless.
In Ghana, when i was between the age of 9 and 12, my older brother and his friends wanted to go to a beach called Labadi beach, but they were planning on walking there and back. Now this beach was very, very far away. it would be a whole days event to go there, have fun at the beach and come back. i am talking about leave early morning and return at night kind of "whole day" event. I must have really wanted to tag along badly because they eventually agreed to let me come (FOOLS). when we came back home that night, i was extremely tired, but otherwise just fine. The next day however, my legs were swollen and i would not be able to stand/walk for days. its pretty funny when i look back at it now, but man, hahahaha.

Can you pinpoint an aspect of your life that has made you nice to people by default?

I mean, for some reason you're nice to me, and I have no idea why. At some times it's pretty unnerving.
what? what are you talking about? i am one mean motherfucker. My favorite pastime is making babies cry.

haha. i know, i know, i'm not funny. I think there are 2 Major reasons as to why i am a nice guy. let me tell you a story

I believe that we are a product of our childhood. to go a little deeper, we grow up to become what we pick up in our early years of life. as children, we are affected and influenced by not only our parents/family, but by our very surroundings. i was a child of war in Africa. my country's conflicts finally escalated into war when i was still a baby (great timing right). What was remaining of my family spent the following years roaming the continent of Africa, trying to find peace and a new home. Before we came to settle in Ghana, and eventually the united states of America, we received a lot of help along our journey across Africa. I witnessed a lot of violence, i even witnessed death. the violence that tears Africa apart is a horrible evil. despite all that however, it was the acts of kindness from others that would come to have the biggest impact on me. It was just my mother and all her children, she only made it out thanks to the help she received along the way. Witnessing such kindness, at times from complete strangers, i could not explain it, but i fully received the results of such a kindness. i think after some time, without even knowing it, i just eventually gave myself over to such a thing. If such kindness and niceness could exist, then i would try my best throughout the remainder of my life to let it shine through me.

i tend to look at the positive in even the most negative of situations. also surviving the ordeal in Africa, i have come to learn what is really valuable in life, and i try not to cling unto the petty things.

The other reason why i am who i am today is my mother. My mother is the kindest, nicest person i know. she is one of my biggest idols and role model. i wouldn't be surprised if what makes her so unusually kind is the same thing that makes me a nice person by default as you said.

nina alcohol is a drug. with that in mind, I reprise my prior question
my alcohol aided adventures are pretty wacky and funny at the same time, haha.

ok so in my group of friends, we have a couple of girls that like to party, but are under the age of 21. Fortunately for them, there is a night club that is great. its a 21 and older only club, but after 2am, it lets people under the age of 21 in. and its the only club i know of so far that lets young people in, AND offers everything a great club for older people would offer. there are a few 18 and under clubs, but they are so dull, nothing like a real club. ANYWAYS, this great club only lets under age people in at/after 2am, and it closes between 4 and 5 am depending on how alive the club is that night. since we have a couple of under age people in our group, we tend to go there sometimes. there is only one catch though, the club is a gay club until 2am, then it turns into the EVERYONE IN club(aka why they even let under aged people in after 2am. it literally lets everyone in). The gay people having a good time do not have to leave at 2am, they don't have to leave just because the club becomes open to everyone. So you get a good mixture of heterosexual and homosexual couples/people in there sometimes.

so on this particular evening, we decided we would hit this club up, but we had to figure out what to do until it was 2am. naturally we decided to pick up some booze, go there, get wasted in the car/all over the parking place, then head to the club all drunk. amazing recipe for a good time right? so fast forward, i am in the club, drunk, and not in my right state of mind. i wonder off from my group of friends, get picked up by this guy on the dance floor (gay club before 2am). I'm not going to lie, we have a good time on the dance floor. the music was great, the club was bursting with energy that night. so i wont go into much detail, but although this guy didn't take me home (my friends came to my rescue thank God), we did do some gay shit at the club, oh my God.

I'd like to say that i now know what a wasted girl that gets preyed upon by men because she is in a very weak state feels like, but i dont think those victims had it end well, and by that i mean their friends coming to their rescue. needless to say, i haven't been to that club since.

also i don't mean to sound like i am bragging or anything, but even during the few times we went to that club, and i was sober then, i was hit on by a lot of guys. also i was asked out by a gay guy at my college. I think it might be possible that i sometimes just give off enough gay vibes to appear on peoples gaydars? (that's a used word right?). oh, and by the way I said no to the date......just in case you were wondering

He just answered the cat/dog one...

Specifically about cats though, what are your opinions on them? Like (just not as much as dogs) dislike or impartial?

What is your opinion on Australia/would you like to visit it

Purugly is cute y/y

Why are rodan's questions always about food?

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I don't know you, but everyone seems to think you're an amazingly nice guy.

Do you ever get sick of this reputation?

Do ever get sick of being nice? Because personally I don't have a lot of patience for people that annoy me whilst you seem to be kind to people no matter what. Do you ever wish you could just have a massive rant at some people yet refrain from doing so?

Worst fear?
political standing?
what do you think of the Syria situation?
Do you plan to travel?
If so, where to?
Does it annoy you when people think Africa is a country?

icepick

she brings the rain
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Mootles ~
Remember when you came down to Seattle for VGC last year? Remember how we all went for sushi, but i was so terrible with sushi over all that i probably came across as something only those who payed attention could describe? good times. i probably looked like a fool/noob
I've only been to Seattle once, but Shiro's is good stuff.

What do you study at college?

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Nina :>

Are you enjoying your well so far?

You seem very thorough in your answers so far. Is there any particular reasoning or philosophy behind that?

What is your favorite part about Smogon? What about your least favorite?

If you were running this site and could fix/change one thing, what would you do?

You've always struck me as one of the chillest people in the world from our chats. What's given you such a lax attitude? If I ever come to Nats, we'll totally have to meet up, haha.

How do you feel about badges and the like on Smogon? Are they a good reward system or do you dislike them? Why?

What is the most important reason for living, in your opinion?

What are your interests academically? What brought you to that place?

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
When are you coming back to Vancouver (or alternatively when will I stop flaking out and come to Seattle)

WHY haven't I cut your cutest users list =/

Can we act fabulous and go clothes shopping someday y/y

Favorite pokemon to use in VGC

Plans for the future

Do you plan on giving up Pokemon in the future

Favorite oriental food

Hey Ninahaza, what is your Avatar about? man, what is your signature about? it kinda looks related to your avatar now that i put 1+1 together. what is the story here Jesus?

Just came up with this with some help.

as one of those "african americans" who happens to actually be both african and american, describe your sentiments toward the term.

Ninahaza

Why do we love each other so much?
Kitty :3

ok lets see, why do we love each other so much? Love is much too deep for anyone to go digging for answers. i wouldn't waste my time trying to figure it out
Also, what do you think was the defining moment in your life?
The moment i first picked up a video game console controller. Video games have had a huge impact on my life, especially through my teen years.
Okay + Reading questions:
How often do you read?
I rarely read. i used to read a lot up until my mid high school years. I think the last book of the harry Potter series was one of my last books. i will read every now and then, but i would say that i do very little reading.
Favorite book?
The Harry Potter series, and before that, the goosebumps series
Favorite author?
Don't really have one (is that weird?)
Favorite genre?
Fiction genre, and under that genre i would put mystery, adventure, fantasy, Thrillers and Suspense.
Favorite quote, if any?
"It doesn't take a great man to start, but a man has to start to be great"

How many Mike's Hard Lemonade can you down in one night?
I dont know really, I've never tried.
What's your favorite Mike's Hard Lemonade flavor?
I don't know, i'm not a big fan of mikes hard lemonade, or alcohol in general
What is your favorite female anime character in Pokémon?
Gosh, i stopped watching a long time ago, but if i had to pick one i guess i would have to go with Jessie or Misty. there seems to be a tie here
If you could CHOOSE your race what would you be?
In the past i truly believe my answer would have been different, but today i would firmly go with Black. I love being black actually. there are some things i wouldn't mind changing though, like my height for example.

are you a religious man? what about your relatives?
Yes i am a religious man. Not all my relatives are religious, i would say its split even. yeah, 50/50
what were the predominant religions in africa (where in africa are you from, btw)?
i honestly have no idea. if i had to take a guess, i would say Christianity (big surprise right?)
I was born in Burundi, but lived in Ghana before i came to the United states

You are in the well and must answer these questions!! If you do I'll throw a rope down there :)
Then that would just mean that:
1: i now have a means of escape
2: its your turn in the well
1). If you could make one pokemon 4X weak to any type, wht would be the mon and type and why?
Scizzor, and i would make it 4x weak to fighting.
I still love scizzor very much outside the competitive pokemon scene, but this year it has really rubbed me the wrong way during VGC. It has gotten in my way too many times, so i would drop another 4x weakness to its already 4x weakness in place.
2). What are you top 5 least favorite pokemon designwise?
I hope not to offend anyone by picking their favorites. also this is in no particular order
1- stunfisk
2- kilnklang
3- garbodor (like, seriously man, wtf)

It got hard for me at this point because honestly i'm ok with most of the mons.

4- Bibarel
5- Probopass
3). If you were to be badged right now, which one would you want? (Mod, Supermod, and Admin are not included).
IRC ops badge (or whatever its called)
4). What's your favorite 2012 move that has come out this year?
probably acrobatics, did that come out last year or this year? its a new 5th gen move so i'll pick it lol.

honestly i am more of a new abilities guy
and finally

5). Are you more of a cat or a dog person?
ummm, what Rittercat said

He just answered the cat/dog one...

Specifically about cats though, what are your opinions on them? Like (just not as much as dogs) dislike or impartial?
I'm fine with cats actually, i don't mind them.

What is your opinion on Australia/would you like to visit it
my opinion used to be that it was a beach resort like place. I used to picture it as a great destination for a get away. Great wildlife, scenery and beaches. although all of that hasn't changed, something new was added a couple of years ago. I saw a program on the animal planet channel a couple of years back. it was a special on dangerous places (top 10 most dangerous or something, cant fully remember), and Australia made the list with strong authority. the "shark attacks" portion that helped put Australia on the list didn't surprise me, but it was all the other animal danger/attacks related stuff that did lol.

would i like to visit Australia still? you bet your candy pants i would. Animal dangers and animal attacks don't have a big enough impact on me when i once roamed the plains of Africa if you know what i mean.
Purugly is cute y/y
Yes of course ^_^
Why are rodan's questions always about food?
The man is a lover of food, just like me. except i'm not really into all the cooking shows he is into

I don't know you, but everyone seems to think you're an amazingly nice guy.

Do you ever get sick of this reputation?
The only time i've ever gotten sick of any reputation that was related to being a nice guy came when a girl was involved. Yes that's right, that whole "nice guys finish last" crap. I call it crap because that's all it really is
Do ever get sick of being nice? Because personally I don't have a lot of patience for people that annoy me whilst you seem to be kind to people no matter what.
haha, its the opposite actually. Whenever i'm not nice, i end up dwelling on that moment for far too long, and i end up feeling bad usually, lol. Don't get me wrong though, i can be anything but nice when i need to be.
Do you ever wish you could just have a massive rant at some people yet refrain from doing so?
Yes, oh yes, but its good to note that those type of moments happen to everyone i think, even the meanest of people. we cant always speak our minds.

Worst fear?
I do not fear death itself, but i do fear the day i'll have to say goodbye to my mother. you have no idea how much i fear that day

political standing?
this is going to sound weird, and i want you to not read too much into it. just take it for what it simply means

Answer: I haven't properly looked into it yet
what do you think of the Syria situation?
i have not followed it much, but i think its just another case of a people finally having enough of its government/rulers bullshit and deciding to up rise against the government/ruler. Its sad that it usually has to come to this for many, many nations to see a profound change. its sad that so much violence and death has to be a part of the process, but we humans are not perfect, and quite frankly we are pretty dumb.

Even America went through something like this, if not something exactly like this. i hope that civil war does not break out, or anything that ends with the word war.
Do you plan to travel?
Oh my GOD YES. I hope to travel many times in my life, so many that i probably do not have enough fingers to count using my hands.
If so, where to?
I'll just list the current top 5 places i would like to travel to (within the next 5 years hopefully :D). this is also in no particular order

1- Kona, hawaii: (a few people will get this one)
2- Japan
3- Ghana: i REALLY want to go back to Africa for a visit
4- Tour Europe: This is going to take a couple of trips i think
5- New York
Does it annoy you when people think Africa is a country?
yes, but it also amuses me at the same time. I mostly just smile or laugh i think, and i like to smile :)

I've only been to Seattle once, but Shiro's is good stuff.

What do you study at college?
I'll keep that in mind :).

also I'm beginning to stray away from my initial degree pick, so i am feeling a bit lost, but at the moment i am learning Adobe programs such as Photoshop, Maya and after effects. i think i'll focus more on just motion graphics for next year. I may end up majoring in something something editing. I can see myself being on a editing team for movies or video games or something, and enjoying my work immensely

What is your most interesting story involving toilets?
Fortunately for me i have no interesting toilet stories. if i typed up something, it would probably be a boring "hangover" story, probably something about how bad of a hangover it was that i had to stay by a bathroom half the next day. sorry, i know this answer is a bit disappointing

Hows it going? Do you remember me VMing you before?
No, haha, sorry.

I thought about cheating and looking at my VM wall, but then decided to just be honest. would you mind giving me a hint or something? we could turn this into a game

this is a tough one, i would honestly really have to think about this one. For now i'll just say that i would choose to end violence in Africa (i know, that's pretty selfish right)
Ninahiza, the only person on the internet that would find stopping violence in Africa, selfish.

You said you don't like Korra, what about don't you like (the poorly developed characters for example?)

Which element would you bend if you could bend? This SHOULD be reflective of your personality not the LOL I WOULD SURF dumbass answers i always get.

Have you seen any of the animes Kino's Journey, Mushi-shi or Haibane Renmei? If not, please do, if so, WHAT WAS YOUR OPINION OF THEM?

What personality trait annoys you the most?

What is your favorite Pokemon COMPETITIVELY, not aesthetically (although it CAN be cute!)?

probably acrobatics, did that come out last year or this year? its a new 5th gen move so i'll pick it lol.

honestly i am more of a new abilities guy
*facepalm* I meant 2012 movie.... Sorry, I have no clue how I missed the "i" >_>

Ninahaza

Birkal ^_^
Are you enjoying your well so far?
Yes :3.

well actually i did not anticipate exactly how time consuming it would be, but other than that, i am having a great time.
You seem very thorough in your answers so far. Is there any particular reasoning or philosophy behind that?
well its a thread for people to get to know me better right? i just figured i'd try my best to put as much of my heart into each answer. That way the person that asked the question can walk away feeling like they know just a little bit more about the type of person Jesus really is :).

when i'm not in a hurry to go to work, and i have the time, i see no reason why i shouldn't answer each question to the best of my ability.
What is your favorite part about Smogon? What about your least favorite?
My favorite part about smogon would have to be the great bonds and friendships between some people on here, friendships that have spanned over many years, and are still strong till this day. You can tell just by the way some people interact on here (as well as things like join dates, vm wall chats, IRC chats, etc). You can tell that over the years something quite special has developed between those people as they spent their time here talking with each other and getting to know each other (perhaps without even knowing it).

It might sound weird to say it, but i think that's my favorite part about smogon. Maybe my favorite part about this place is that it gives people who share the same interest, Pokemon, a place to gather and indulge in this thing we all find so interesting and fun. The whole "great friendships developed over the years on here" thing could just be a product of that.

My least favorite part about smogon would have to be how some users can be very brutal to other users. its as if we sometimes don't even realize when we've crossed the line between playing around and having a little fun, to just being very cruel.
If you were running this site and could fix/change one thing, what would you do?
I would take the money this site generates, or some of it, and reinvest it back into the site/community. I'm not making any claims here. i do not even know how much smogon makes, nor how the money is really used, but that is what i would do anyways.
You've always struck me as one of the chillest people in the world from our chats. What's given you such a lax attitude? If I ever come to Nats, we'll totally have to meet up, haha.
thanks birkal :). I am not sure what gives me such a lax attitude, but i think it can probably be found in the answer i gave Alchemator a while back. here, i'll go through that answer, quote it here and put what i think comes the closest to answering your question in bold.
I believe that we are a product of our childhood. to go a little deeper, we grow up to become what we pick up in our early years of life. as children, we are affected and influenced by not only our parents/family, but by our very surroundings. i was a child of war in Africa. my country's conflicts finally escalated into war when i was still a baby (great timing right). What was remaining of my family spent the following years roaming the continent of Africa, trying to find peace and a new home. Before we came to settle in Ghana, and eventually the united states of America, we received a lot of help along our journey across Africa. I witnessed a lot of violence, i even witnessed death. the violence that tears Africa apart is a horrible evil. despite all that however, it was the acts of kindness from others that would come to have the biggest impact on me. It was just my mother and all her children, she only made it out thanks to the help she received along the way. Witnessing such kindness, at times from complete strangers, i could not explain it, but i fully received the results of such a kindness. i think after some time, without even knowing it, i just eventually gave myself over to such a thing. If such kindness and niceness could exist, then i would try my best throughout the remainder of my life to let it shine through me.

i tend to look at the positive in even the most negative of situations. also surviving the ordeal in Africa, i have come to learn what is really valuable in life, and i try not to cling unto the petty things.

The other reason why i am who i am today is my mother. My mother is the kindest, nicest person i know. she is one of my biggest idols and role model. i wouldn't be surprised if what makes her so unusually kind is the same thing that makes me a nice person by default as you said
also yes, we'll definitely do a lot of hanging if you come to nats ^_^.
How do you feel about badges and the like on Smogon? Are they a good reward system or do you dislike them? Why?
I feel that badges are ok. i think they are a pretty good reward system, the perks alone they offer would certainly be enough to get people to work hard for one. although i was against having a badge personally until recently, i was never against badges themselves.
What is the most important reason for living, in your opinion?
to love, and to better the lives of others through your own life. I think we have a responsibility to help our fellow man. to touch a life is a great thing, and to lend a helping hand is something we can all do. Love is also one of the greatest things we have in this life, and in this world i think. To love is something we must all experience. I am such a romantic, so the subject of love itself is something i can go on about.

so yes. live to love, and live to help others.
What are your interests academically? What brought you to that place?
the original plan was to major in game design. I arrived to that decision due to my massive love of video games. Now i just feel a bit lost though.

chinese food yes or no
yes. you have no idea

When are you coming back to Vancouver (or alternatively when will I stop flaking out and come to Seattle)
I actually have serious plans of making my way back up there next year for some events. I want to come chill with you guys too, so chances of you seeing me FORSURE next year are 100%. i mean, i may even find myself up there before then, who knows.
WHY haven't I cut your cutest users list =/
shaddap, you are cute and you know it.
Can we act fabulous and go clothes shopping someday y/y
like you even had to ask. i'm afraid this is mandatory Eraddd, its going to happen. In fact the biggest thing standing in our way at the moment is money. this is going to cost a pretty penny, but it shall be worth each and every piece of that penny.
Favorite pokemon to use in VGC
Cresselia
Plans for the future
transfer to uni or another college that focuses more on my area of interest. Finish school and get my degree. Do some amazing traveling. thats as far as I've planned
Do you plan on giving up Pokemon in the future
yes, sadly. I KNOW i am going to give up pokemon, and i think the time is much closer than i am willing to accept. i just have to stop lying to myself. I can feel it in the way i play pokemon/vgc (i don't even play in tournaments anymore). I feel it in the the way i prepare for vgc, in the excitement i get from competitive pokemon as well as pokemon games in general.

The one thing i think will happen though is: Even after stopping to play pokemon/vgc events, I'll continue to make my way to events like Pokemon nationals. i will continue to come meet and hang with my friends. meet ups are fun man. Although i'm sure i'll only go to the big events once i stop playing, so pretty much nationals and worlds, or just worlds even.
Favorite oriental food
I cant pick one, sorry man. But if i had to at least narrow it down for you, i'd have to say Chinese Cuisine

Just came up with this with some help.
haha, oh man, so you did end up asking :).

my Avatar, signature, title and location are all dedicated to one of the great movies i've had the pleasure of watching. The movie is called "The man from nowhere", and if you have not seen it, then i recommend you drop EVERYTHING you are doing right now and go get the dvd/bluray to watch it.

The movie also has a song that i cant get enough of. here is something that should end up giving you an idea of what the movie about, here is the movie music video

as one of those "african americans" who happens to actually be both african and american, describe your sentiments toward the term.
I don't really know how to feel about it to be honest. weren't black people against it at some point during this nations history? also i am reminded of the term "Afro American" during the civil rights movement or something.

I think black Americans are just that, Americans who happen to be black. I will admit that when i hear the term, i sometimes think to myself "why African american when they aren't African?". they may have had ancestors from Africa, but that was a long time ago, and they are american now. It does not bother me enough for me to be affected by the term though. those thoughts are not even common to be honest

Ninahiza, the only person on the internet that would find stopping violence in Africa, selfish.
haha, i only said that because i am from Africa and thought people might find it selfish that i targeted the continent due to my ties to it. also there are other things like world hunger that i could have gone for, but no, i went for my homeland instead.

Maybe it only looks selfish in my eyes.
You said you don't like Korra, what about don't you like (the poorly developed characters for example?)
yes, that and i think i came into the new Avatar series expecting too much. i expected something better, or at least something as good as the last airbender. i also compared the two too much, and i think that was what dealt the biggest blow to legend of korra. i mean, how can it possibly measure up to the original right? i should have never compared the two to begin with
Which element would you bend if you could bend? This SHOULD be reflective of your personality not the LOL I WOULD SURF dumbass answers i always get.
out of the 4 elements right? hmmm, reflective of my personality?

well fire is out since i am a calm person by nature, and am not quick to get angry. I would have to say that it is between water bending and air bending then. I think i'd bend air. i picked air out of the two because i liked it better, haha. Does this mean i get my own personal flying bison? because that would be awesome.

I actually think i like Air bending the most out of all 4 elements, so this worked out great for me.
Have you seen any of the animes Kino's Journey, Mushi-shi or Haibane Renmei? If not, please do, if so, WHAT WAS YOUR OPINION OF THEM?
no, but i will try to give them (or at least one) a go since you strongly recommended them.
What personality trait annoys you the most?
I really dislike Condescending/Conceited people. When i see someone go around thinking they are better than everybody, and belittling others, well it really annoys me and i have 0 patience for it.

i honestly don't think i can pick one. many negative personality traits drive me up the wall
What is your favorite Pokemon COMPETITIVELY, not aesthetically (although it CAN be cute!)?
Cresselia (keep in mind that when anyone says "competitively", it automatically translates to "VGC" for me)

*facepalm* I meant 2012 movie.... Sorry, I have no clue how I missed the "i" >_>
lol, no worries.

although i am a HUGE pokemon movies buff, and i even end up collecting the albums from each pokemon movie (i really love the music from some of the movies), i havent really seen any of the recent pokemon movies. i think i am maybe 4 movies behind? i will hunt down all the newer movies that have come out in the last couple of years, get some snacks, then enjoy a pokemon movie night.

sorry i couldnt answer your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)