The UU Open VII - Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyan

sleep is the cousin of death
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Grand Slam rules can be found here.
  • Standard SM UU.
  • Best-of-three, single elimination.
  • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown!
  • SM cartridge win conditions are in place; there are no ties.
  • Tiers are locked at the beginning of each round.
Identity

About playing on alts: It is entirely allowed to play on an alt other than your own main forum name, though if your opponent wishes to confirm your identity, you must log on to your main alt to show them you are who you claim to be. This is to prevent people from pretending to be who they're not.

About playing on different servers: Tournament matches must be played on the Smogtours server. The Main PS! server is also acceptable if both parties agree to that. Other servers are not sanctioned by the TD team and playing in them might result in your game not counting. Protect yourself from that by playing in Smogtours, where we also have the power to recreate games that end due to DC's.
Scouting

On scouting opponents: Going through your opponents replays of tournament and ladder games is entirely allowed, as long as a game is public there is nothing preventing you from watching it. An exception to this is abusing powers granted to you by being staff on Smogon or PS! to gain access to information a normal user wouldn't have access to, which is strictly forbidden.

On leaking teams: Divulging private information about someone's planned team to their opponent is never allowed, and will be heavily sanctioned. Requesting that such information be divulged is also grounds for punishment. Keep your scouting to publicly available information and you'll be fine.

Timer Clause / Disconnections

On the Timer: The timer must stay on throughout the whole battle, only being turned off in the case of a player disconnecting, and in that case will only be turned off for 5 minutes (keep in mind that this is a interim solution while we wait on PS! developers). The timer may not be turned off in any other circumstance.

On Timeout losses: A player that loses by having all his time run out loses the game. This is only not the case if the player that received the timeout loss can be verified to have suffered a True Disconnection. Rematches in such cases are not allowed.

On True Disconnection: The TD team has a secret threshold of seconds that your timer must be at or above, from the moment you disconnect, for a timeout loss to be considered a True disconnection. If your game is determined to be a true disconnection if you played on Smogtours and contacted a TD before the room expired your game will be recreated up to the point the disconnect happened. It is the responsibility of the player that disconnected to get a TD into the room before it expires.

Battle Clauses:
  • Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Timed Battle
  • Team Preview

General recommendations:
  • Contact your opponent as soon as possible upon the round going up. Activity cases are going to be handled in a very strict manner.
  • When scheduling, offer as wide a swathe of time when you are available to play. 1 hour of activity on one or two weeknights is unlikely to be considered acceptable.
  • Schedule specifically - do not schedule for "Friday afternoon" or "Sunday morning", pick a date, a time and note the timezone.
  • If I catch news of ghosting or some other sort of nefarious play, I reserve the right to investigate to the full limits of my ability in conjunction with the TD team provided there is adequate evidence to warrant it.
Semifinals

(Amane Misa vs edi0n) vs Teddeh
HarrisIsAwesome vs Pearl

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS

Deadline is 9 September 11:59 pm EDT (GMT-4)

Extension deadline is 5 September 11:59 pm EDT (GMT-4)

Please note that all the tier shifts that have occurred WILL be used for this round. All games should be played in the Gen 7 UU format.

Mega Diancie and Mega Venusaur are BANNED from UU as of this round being posted, so do not bring it.
Do drop a like as thanks again for my volunteer work
:blobwizard:

Sacri'

the end is here
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
very happy with these semis honestly, super impressed with Harris and Amanes runs in particular as they have shown that their dedication to the tier was enough to push them to the top despite their overall lack of tour experience. that being said, Teddeh is always a pleasure to watch (especially when he isnt using stall :p) and Pearls crazy builds are always great to see and he's been very deserving for a long time. so yeah, don't have anyone i would rather see win, just put on a good show y'all :toast:

Last edited:

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
(Amane Misa vs edi0n) vs Teddeh - I kind of have to predict Misa in the extended game, as she’s been around for a while now while I’ve got very little reference of edi0n outside of 2 replays vs drew, although that said he did play well enough in those. Misa’s willingness to go outside the box and use some unconventional stuff ranging from stall to veil to glalie spikes offenses as well as more standard stuff makes her kind of a nightmare to prep for (although I think at times this stuff can fall flat on its face in particular matchups or vs certain threats) and that + more uu experience and background makes her my predict to win later. Working off that assumption, the game against Teddeh is a different matter because while it might not be in UU, Teddeh has a lot more experience playing in big tours and in navigating the unconventional stuff I mentioned previously. I think a lot of this comes down to how Teddeh approaches this, if he gives himself a good idea of what to expect and brings the right stuff accordingly, there’s a good chance we see his greater tour experience shine through here but I just have a feeling Misa will find a way to take it.

HarrisIsAwesome vs Pearl - I’m almost disappointed this matchup has come in the semifinals, because out of the 5 players here I think these two are the best placed to take the whole thing. Harris has been very impressive indeed throughout this slam and playing someone who must be so confident in his own game right now is always a big danger. That said it’s always so difficult to ever predict against Pearl in big UU games, because he has both the ability to craft the perfect stuff for a particular opp and the experience and ability to carry it out in game. Would be very surprised if the winner of open doesn’t come from this series.

gl to all give us a good show

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion
ggs man. feels tough to choke away a series like this so close to the finish line, but you're more than deserving of the place in finals and the quality of our games showed it

my grand slam run is far from over this time around, but i really cared about this tournament and so would like to give a nod to the lads who helped me out. i built most of the teams i used throughout my run, but TDK and TonyFlygon are far and wide the best ppl i could ask for to bounce ideas around with. thank you for putting up with my hour long rants. thanks Sage for lending a hand with testing and suggestions during the later stages of the tour as well. amazing run in snake draft so far and i hope that our team manages to extend your time to shine a little while longer

last but not least, MASSIVE shoutout to the ladder alt "anywhere at all". no clue who it was or if it's an actual user, but the reuniclus team i spammed for these last couple of games is something that i stole and adapted from this person, and i'd hate for people to think it is a creation of mine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)