The UU Open VII - Round 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyan

sleep is the cousin of death
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Grand Slam rules can be found here.
  • Standard SM UU.
  • Best-of-three, single elimination.
  • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown!
  • SM cartridge win conditions are in place; there are no ties.
  • Tiers are locked at the beginning of each round.
Identity

About playing on alts: It is entirely allowed to play on an alt other than your own main forum name, though if your opponent wishes to confirm your identity, you must log on to your main alt to show them you are who you claim to be. This is to prevent people from pretending to be who they're not.

About playing on different servers: Tournament matches must be played on the Smogtours server. The Main PS! server is also acceptable if both parties agree to that. Other servers are not sanctioned by the TD team and playing in them might result in your game not counting. Protect yourself from that by playing in Smogtours, where we also have the power to recreate games that end due to DC's.
Scouting

On scouting opponents: Going through your opponents replays of tournament and ladder games is entirely allowed, as long as a game is public there is nothing preventing you from watching it. An exception to this is abusing powers granted to you by being staff on Smogon or PS! to gain access to information a normal user wouldn't have access to, which is strictly forbidden.

On leaking teams: Divulging private information about someone's planned team to their opponent is never allowed, and will be heavily sanctioned. Requesting that such information be divulged is also grounds for punishment. Keep your scouting to publicly available information and you'll be fine.

Timer Clause / Disconnections

On the Timer: The timer must stay on throughout the whole battle, only being turned off in the case of a player disconnecting, and in that case will only be turned off for 5 minutes (keep in mind that this is a interim solution while we wait on PS! developers). The timer may not be turned off in any other circumstance.

On Timeout losses: A player that loses by having all his time run out loses the game. This is only not the case if the player that received the timeout loss can be verified to have suffered a True Disconnection. Rematches in such cases are not allowed.

On True Disconnection: The TD team has a secret threshold of seconds that your timer must be at or above, from the moment you disconnect, for a timeout loss to be considered a True disconnection. If your game is determined to be a true disconnection if you played on Smogtours and contacted a TD before the room expired your game will be recreated up to the point the disconnect happened. It is the responsibility of the player that disconnected to get a TD into the room before it expires.

Battle Clauses:
  • Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Timed Battle
  • Team Preview

General recommendations:
  • Contact your opponent as soon as possible upon the round going up. Activity cases are going to be handled in a very strict manner.
  • When scheduling, offer as wide a swathe of time when you are available to play. 1 hour of activity on one or two weeknights is unlikely to be considered acceptable.
  • Schedule specifically - do not schedule for "Friday afternoon" or "Sunday morning", pick a date, a time and note the timezone.
  • If I catch news of ghosting or some other sort of nefarious play, I reserve the right to investigate to the full limits of my ability in conjunction with the TD team provided there is adequate evidence to warrant it.
Round 6

BlueIvy vs Kingler12345
itsjustdrew vs (edi0n vs iamnathan)
(dom vs Renny) vs FlamingVictini
(StepC vs Amane Misa) vs DenisTheMenace
SilvioGuacamole vs Finchinator
robjr vs SoulWind
Manipulative vs Jaina
ima vs Lycans
Pearl vs Hydreigon Specs
Freeroamer vs The Hallows
ayevon vs aim
(HT vs Jaajgko) vs maroon
BKC vs elodin
byronthewellwell vs (Mncmt vs Teddeh)
MONNA LUSA vs (FUMA HI-FI vs Euphonos)
HarrisIsAwesome vs Plas

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS

Deadline is 19 August 11:59 pm EDT (GMT-4)

Extension deadline is 15 August 11:59 pm EDT (GMT-4)

Please note that all the tier shifts that have occurred WILL be used for this round. All games should be played in the Gen 7 UU format.

Mega Diancie and Mega Venusaur are BANNED from UU as of this round being posted, so do not bring it.
Do drop a like as thanks again for my volunteer work
:blobwizard:

Last edited:

justdrew

All dogs go to heaven
is an official Team Rateris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
Eyan, edi0n, and iamnathan I am going on a camping trip on Monday that will end on Friday. I have already notified Eyan of this. I will have no internet and no wifi which means I can't contact anyone. Requesting an extension. The winner of your series can just leave a message on my wall with your time zone and when you can play.

No first blood :/

Last edited:

Euphonos

inanod ng mga luha; damdamin ay lumaya.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
ACTIVITY UPDATE:

My opponent missed the schedule we agreed on. Perhaps he should give me another suitable schedule as early as possible...

-

EDIT:

Match rescheduled to August 14, Tuesday, 9:00 AM GMT -4. Hope he doesn't screw up this time.

Last edited:
Predictions for top 32 n_n

BlueIvy vs Kingler12345 I dont know much about these 2 players but kingler has experience and has been doing great
itsjustdrew vs (edi0n/iamnathan) I think whoever wins between those 2 drew will win
(dom vs renny) vs FlamingVictini
Amane Misa
vs Denis Misa has much much more experience than Denis and will always bring something crazy that works out for her
SilvioGuacamole vs Finchinator I think these matches are gonna be very tight but silvio will pull through
robjr vs soulwind Rob has gotten straight up amazing opponents pretty much but this game could go to either player hoping rob wins
Manipulative vs Jaina
ima vs Lycans
Pearl
vs Hydreigon Specs someone avenge me
Freeroamer vs The Hallows
ayevon vs aim Joey has been going wild in this uu open this could go both ways easily
(HT vs Jaajgko) vs maroon
BKC vs elodin
bryonthewellwell vs (Mcnment vs Teddeh)
MONNA LUSA vs (FUMA HI-FI vs Euphonos)
Harrisawesome vs plas

If I picked against you please dont feel any hate I just picked whoever I think personally would win anyway gl to all these players

Last edited:
First time I'm doing predictions for this UU Open, but I've seen people doing them and wanted to try my hand at them!

BlueIvy vs Kingler12345 I don't know BlueIvy whereas Kingler12345 is a veteran player that's been around competing for a long time, so I think he'll win
itsjustdrew vs (edi0n/iamnathan) I honestly know hardly anything about these guys, but judging from his run thus far, I'm giving the edge to itsjustdrew
(dom vs renny) vs FlamingVictini Outside of being a friend of mine, Renny is also an avid UU player and a solid one at that, so I believe he's gonna beat dom for r5 and has the potential of causing an upset vs FV. Rooting for him here
SilvioGuacamole vs Finchinator OOF... Now this matchup is some heat! Silvio has been showing his knowledge of the tier and playing ability throughout this Open and other tours (beating Rob in UULT) and he is, in my eyes, a serious threat to be reckoned with in UU. On the other hand, we have Finchinator who doesn't even need an introduction tbh, he's a great player that can pick basically any tier and perform well in it. I think this is gonna be a very close and exciting series but ultimately Silvio will come out on top. Rooting for you man :]
Robjr vs Soulwind Another insanely good matchup right here between 2 very accomplished and solid players, but in my opinion Rob is the favorite, since it's UU we're talking about and he's been impressive thus far, taking names left and right. Rooting for you man :)
Manipulative vs Jaina I honestly have no clue how good both of them are at UU but they're known players and have made it to r6 so that must mean something. Picking Jaina/Charm/Za to win
ima vs Lycans After last round's win vs Luigi, ima has definitely gained my unconditional support, so rooting for him here

Pearl vs Hydreigon Specs I don't know Hydreigon Specs and Pearl is a UU beast, so ye
Freeroamer vs The Hallows Interesting matchup right here, i don't know these guys very well, but I believe Freeroamer has a lot of UU experience so I'm giving the edge to him
ayevon vs aim Man... How am I supposed to predict this lol This is way to tough for me so I'm abstaining from predicting this one. It's gonna be an amazing series tho, that's for damn sure. Kind of ironic how both are on the same Snake team and are facing off against each other here
(HT vs Jaajgko) vs maroon I think HT will win both r5 and 6 because he's the all around better player. I'd watch out for maroon tho, he can make wild ass plays and easily throw you off (speaking from experience)
BKC vs elodin BKC is the better player imo
bryonthewellwell vs (Mcnment vs Teddeh) I think Teddeh will pull through as he seems to be the one with more experience
MONNA LUSA vs (FUMA HI-FI vs Euphonos) MONNA beat Ultraballzz last round, so I gotta respect that and pick him
Harrisawesome vs plas Harris is the more experienced UU player in this one, but plas is an all around good lower tier player, so I can see him causing and upset

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
robjr (60) vs (40) SoulWind - Highlight of the round. Soulwind is having a ridiculously good year thus far, but Rob is peaking and also plays a nasty UU at the moment. Leaning his way, but could go either way depending on the teams we see.
Manipulative (45) vs (55) Jaina - Za Meowdo has been doing well in a number of different settings ever since his big OST run whereas Manipulative has been pretty quiet overall. Normally I would go with the tier main when neither stands out a ton as a player relative to the other, but I think Za Meowdo will have enough of an upper hand managing the game to come out on top no matter his relative lack of experience when compared to his opponent.
ima (30) vs (70) Lycans - Cool to see two Snake/WCOP level players going at it, but Lycans seems like the consensus pick here just given his better playing level and understanding of the metagame.
ayevon (40) vs (60) aim - From what I have seen, aim enjoys UU a ton right now and is poised to make a deep run into open. Ayevon has been playing the metagame more and more as of late, but I think he is the lesser player of the two and doesn't have an advantage on the metagame knowledge front either, so gotta side with aim here.
BKC (65) vs (35) elodin - Honestly rooting for whatever provokes the most funny reactions from each side, but expecting Kevin to be a bit more aggressive and to-the-point to take the set.
HarrisIsAwesome (55) vs (45) Plas - Both are solid, but the former is tearing it up in slam as a whole right now whereas the latter is more known for NU and LC, so I hesitate to pick him over the hotter hand rn.

playing Wednesday or Thursday afternoon, gl silvio!

Last edited:
Damn y’all hopping on the predicts bandwagon n_n Anyway I’m back for round 2 or round 6 or whatever

BlueIvy vs Kingler12345: both had impressive wins last round but backing Kingler here because of his far superior tour experience.
itsjustdrew vs (edi0n vs iamnathan): I’m not familiar with anyone in this matchup apart from Drew, who seems to be doing well this Open and tours in general recently. He’ll likely take it
(dom vs Renny) vs FlamingVictini: potential Renny vs FV is a really hype matchup, a talented, dedicated tier main vs one of the most skilled players on the site but I think Renny is likely to upset FV here, who hasn’t been overwhelmingly impressive recently
Amane Misa vs DenisTheMenace: two friends and a series I’m really looking forward to, it’ll be interesting to see Denis’s most stern test so far in Open. Going with Misa because of her familiarity with UU and the fact we know Denis can’t go to 3 games without going to sleep zzzzz
robjr vs Soulwind: obvious highlight matchup but rob’s been claiming lives for weeks and has had probably the toughest run out of anyone still in the tour. Hope to catch it live
Manipulative vs Jaina: this is a really interesting one, Manipulative could really do with a deep run in Open but Za Charmaina is a very strong player and is on a clear upwards trajectory. Manip will probably be hella motivated in his own tier so backing him.
ima vs Lycans: relatively straightforward, Lycans has also come through a couple of really tough matches this tour while I haven’t seen any of ima’s UU.
Pearl vs Hydreigon Specs: I predicted against HS last round and he won, so let’s see if he can avenge Bebo
Freeroamer vs The Hallows: all British matchup here, Roamer has a lot more uu experience so he’ll likely take it.
ayevon vs aim: Joey’s been doing very nicely this tour and I think he’ll likely come through here. Colin is definitely capable of an upset here though, especially if he takes the prep seriously.
(HT s Jaajgko) vs maroon: better player and UUer than both. Maroon’s been putting up some upsets tho and Jaajgko is no pushover
BKC vs elodin: better player
byronthewellwell vs Teddeh: very solid player and has beaten some decent players so far
MONNA LUSA vs (FUMA HI-FI vs Euphonos): not a huge fan of the mono cap names so Euph wins. In all seriousness tho he’s hella motivated, experienced and a skilled UUer in general. Plus, fire winposts.
HarrisIsAwesome vs Plas: both are really nice players but I think Harris has the slight edge here due to his superior familiarity with the tier and motivation to potentially make playoffs. Harris also picked up a nice win vs rob in DokkPL so he goes in confident. Both are friends so hoping to catch this one too.

Some super fire series this round, looking forward to good games vs Finch ^^

Edit: accidentally tagged BlueIvy, sry man

contacted tuesday, opponent didnt reply back until saturday and is unavailable during any of the times I am. He has proposed an extension but I cannot see when we would be able to play unless the extension is at least a week long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)