the tragic school bus

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
those children make me sick. how on earth does any parent raise a child and allow them to think that what they were doing isn't wrong?

I bet money that if we still had corporal punishment, we would never hear things like this. The problem was the fucktards knew they could get away with it because in this day, parents act like they're gonna kill themselves if another or their child has been physically punished. This works, because when I was little, I was annoying, but whenever I did something bad, I got a spanking. I did NOT turn out like those kids.

Plus, why weren't other students helping the old lady? I mean, does she ride the problem bus?

This is not an inner city bus, this is in Greece, a pretty well-off suburb of Rochester, NY. As you can imagine, this is pretty big news in this area.

1. That woman was grossly underprepared and undertrained to deal with that situation. Had she been properly trained, that escalation never would have happened.
2. Those kids are little fucksticks. I don't care that they're only 12 and 13, at that age I knew the difference between right and wrong.
3. The tough guys on the internet who are threatening the lives of these kids and their families are complete retards who are ironically and unwittingly propagating the problem.
4. I don't give a shit that Karen Klein has gotten a million dollars in donations, I don't. If people are stupid enough to give her money, that's on them, not her. I say she should take the money, pay the income taxes, then take an amazing vacation. When she gets back, she should donate the rest to some anti-bullying organization or another charity of her choice.

In short, it's all the parents' fault.
This pretty much everything.

This is the type of things that make MY generation look like spoiled brats. Seriosuly I think they are old enough to know the difference between bad and wrong. Whatever happened to Respect your Elders? That's one thing.. the other is that most people in U.S.A. don't spank their children because of child abuse or some thing like that.. Heck if they would have done that here in Honduras, one of three things would happen to them: 1. Their parents psank the shit out of them. 2. The other kids at the bus would have beaten the shit out of them. 3. Both. Seriosuly the other kids at the bus are a bunch of cowards.. If they are not saying anything atleast try to stop them.. I for one am completely disgusted by my generation..

God, the year 8's at my school are a lot like this, It is so unneeded and borderline abusive. The woman could do nothing to defend her self, I know from experience a group of up themselves (BAN ME PLEASE) in your face have a ridiculously overblown sense of authority.I find it hard to believe the parents of these children didn't teach them basic manners, it is these people that give everyone in my age group a bad name.

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok so while I think that it is sad and a terrible thing to do to an old lady, and is unacceptable on a lot of levels, I totally do not agree with the fact that she has been donated hundreds of THOUSANDS of dollars just because she got bullied on the school bus.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...benefactor-Max-Siderov-man-donation-site.html

Why, just because she got bullied on the school bus, should she ever get given that amount of money, because she endured 10 minutes of abuse from some 10 year old children? There are starving children in Africa who get get overlooked, as well as victims of rape and war crimes that will never recover the stress that they have endured, who will never see a fraction of aid that she is getting. The thing that annoys me is that people need to get their priorities in perspective with things like this. Of course what happened to this old lady is unacceptable, but why the fuck should she gets that amount of money for something that she knew COULD HAPPEN when taking on this role of a bus monitor, its not like all children are angelic delights who just smile and sit silently in a classroom, a bus or wherever else. It really annoys me how people can just throw away money like that when things of bigger cause and needs are left unattended.

I'd kind of like to know if this is just my opinion to be honest and that maybe I am being a bit apathetic, but to basically pay for someone retirement for a 10 minute video is pretty absurd to me.

EDIT: Obviously this isn't a knock on the old lady in the slightest, just to clarify, more on the people who just throw money about recklessly like this. For example should EVERY bully victim receive this amount of aid?

Apparently everyone who donated is rich as fuck, not my problem where they choose to donate their money. Although they probably should've donated to something more worthwhile than this, it's kind of like pissing your money away :/

Ok so while I think that it is sad and a terrible thing to do to an old lady, and is unacceptable on a lot of levels, I totally do not agree with the fact that she has been donated hundreds of THOUSANDS of dollars just because she got bullied on the school bus.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...benefactor-Max-Siderov-man-donation-site.html

Why, just because she got bullied on the school bus, should she ever get given that amount of money, because she endured 10 minutes of abuse from some 10 year old children? There are starving children in Africa who get get overlooked, as well as victims of rape and war crimes that will never recover the stress that they have endured, who will never see a fraction of aid that she is getting. The thing that annoys me is that people need to get their priorities in perspective with things like this. Of course what happened to this old lady is unacceptable, but why the fuck should she gets that amount of money for something that she knew COULD HAPPEN when taking on this role of a bus monitor, its not like all children are angelic delights who just smile and sit silently in a classroom, a bus or wherever else. It really annoys me how people can just throw away money like that when things of bigger cause and needs are left unattended.

I'd kind of like to know if this is just my opinion to be honest and that maybe I am being a bit apathetic, but to basically pay for someone retirement for a 10 minute video is pretty absurd to me.

EDIT: Obviously this isn't a knock on the old lady in the slightest, just to clarify, more on the people who just throw money about recklessly like this. For example should EVERY bully victim receive this amount of aid?
I agree with this completely. It's exactly why I said something like this isn't as uncommon as people might think. The video is the only thing that separates this from similar instances. The fact that she's the top donated "cause" on indiegogo is an absolute joke when there are more important compaigns that this money should be going too. The campaign called for a vacation, not for her family to be set for life.

throw money at campaign which will have no discernible effect on the problem to achieve sense of satisfaction

see: kony

honestly if you're seriously complaining about this woman getting money for doing nothing then maybe you should take a look at everything else wrong with your country and see that there are much worse things to waste your money on

if you actually care, donate to an anti-bullying charity where the money will be put to use instead of being used to feed jasper and all his cat friends

I don't understand why you included the whole country part since it makes it look like you see the u.s as 1 big whole where everyone thinks the same ways and does the same things.

Regardless the problem isn't necessarily that she's getting money but more-so that this is not uncommon, and regardless giving this woman a shit ton of money is not going to solve the problem to begin with. Since when does money count as compensation for being bullied? I'm more shocked that indiegogo would even support such a stupid cause (not that I ever held them in esteem).

dm's post is great. there comes a time when (most) people realize that being mean for no reason is not quality entertainment. when this happens varies from person to person, but is obviously strongly influenced by parenting (or a lack thereof, in this case).

that she did nothing in this situation was very strong of her, and she has my respect. thanks to modern communication technology, public support has rallied behind her, which is exactly what convinces governments to get involved. hopefully, something can be done to reduce the occurrence of this sort of thing.

I bet money that if we still had corporal punishment, we would never hear things like this. The problem was the fucktards knew they could get away with it because in this day, parents act like they're gonna kill themselves if another or their child has been physically punished. This works, because when I was little, I was annoying, but whenever I did something bad, I got a spanking. I did NOT turn out like those kids.
violence only breeds more violence, and violence against children is especially disturbing. the only parents use it are the ones who can't be assed to actually teach children why what they are doing is not okay.

Plus, why weren't other students helping the old lady? I mean, does she ride the problem bus?
most people, even adults, are too timid to involve themselves in bad situations, even if they don't like what's going on. this effect is well documented. it would have been quite extraordinary for another student to help.

if you don't like people donating to her... don't donate? i submit that it's not your place to disagree with other people sending her their own money. what you think is a more deserving cause might be considered less deserving to others.

that said, in her position, i'm fairly sure i would not keep that money. i agree with you that it is a huge sum for the incident. i would probably pass it along to some anti-bullying organization.

those children make me sick. how on earth does any parent raise a child and allow them to think that what they were doing isn't wrong?
I don't understand why people are blaming the parents for this so reflexively. Not every bad thing that happens due to a child is due to bad parenting by default. Middle school children are notorious for being substantially more prone to social insecurities and fears that could cause them to act out negatively in order to gain respect from their peers. Obviously these children thought it would give them social standing to attack this old woman. Why else would they tape it and put it on youtube? On another note, these kids think they own the internet for some reason. I don't think they understand that things they put up there can be seen by everyone in the world. I can tell this old woman probably wasn't very popular with the other children based on her demeanor and the words she chose during her interviews. She seemed strict and condescending, but she also seemed very reactive and angry. Plus she's overweight. Perfect bait for hecklers looking for ways to look tough.

I think it's a maturity thing, the kids are beginning adolescence and are seeking validation from their peers by acting "cool" and "tough" and not really considering the consequences. I can see myself and people I know taking part in similar situations back when I was 12-13. If these kids had been 16-17 I can't really see a situation like this occuring. Also I think it's partially the monitors fault for not being in control, if she had done her job properly I doubt that situation would have occured.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)