the tragic school bus

breh

強いだね
"An error occurred during validation."

Validation errors are indeed bullshit, I guess.

More seriously, what is this video? I can't seem to access it.

EDIT: Assuming it's blara's link, the verbal abuse that that lady received is stunning. I don't know how kids could be assholes to that extent. At the very least, she has 600,000$ or so (iirc?) dollars headed her way, which is (hopefully) enough to give her the ability to retire.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I don't care about the subject and thus have no valuable input, but I feel that I have to post in every thread. I can't just not post anything.

I've noticed this becoming the new first lately.

kids are so creative. how many insults had 'fat' in them? i will admit "What's your breast size? Triple sag?" was fucking hilarious though. if she is the bus monitor why didn't she have that under control?

I'm telling you, it's those rap artists that are making turning our childern into monsters.
don't put that shit on me. i do me and if your daddyless kid happens to be watchin it aint my fault

Intercity bus? Those kids were pretty unoriginal. Hell, my bus had a bunch more, like "bus driver's a sperm donor!" and "titties". Now, we just didn't say them. We screamed them as loud as we could.

Willing to bet money parents will blame the bus driver and aimlessly defend their kids to the world's end. All the while other people blame violence in video games when it's just all around horrible parenting to blame. So glad I don't have children yet, and so thankful that I won't for a while.

I still have no idea what video you guys are referring to. The OP video isn't validated, blarajan's video page cannot be displayed

Willing to bet money parents will blame the bus driver and aimlessly defend their kids to the world's end. All the while other people blame violence in video games when it's just all around horrible parenting to blame. So glad I don't have children yet, and so thankful that I won't for a while.
I don't know about the other ones, tough
[youtube]j0-IFrk_KSo[/youtube]

Also:
[youtube]DeVF8W_ezNQ[/youtube]

And who the fuck keeps changing the thread title? Cookie?

i'm fairly upset that the internet is giving her over 600k as compensation for the incident. she deserves to be able to retire but it's frustrating that spurred by a tearjerking video thousands of people are shoving onto her untold sums that in all likelihood are unnecessary. it seems some of the money could go to more 'deserving' people, especially because, although that one traumatic incident was obviously terrible, it wasn't her whole life. not saying that it's not a good thing everyone raised money for her to vacation and retire, just saying that maybe they went overboard (that some of the money should be given elsewhere)

Her name is Klein but it should be Groß am I right?

Being serious, obviously those kids were little douchebags, but why did she just sit there and take it? She says she didn't even write them up because she doesn't like confrontation but obviously she was already in quite a conflict so I don't see the problem at that point. The bottom line is that either she shouldn't have been there or she had the power to make them stop but decided to take the pacificst route. And all the kids on that bus who weren't assholes were pussies for not saying anything

Her name is Klein but it should be Groß am I right?

Being serious, obviously those kids were little douchebags, but why did she just sit there and take it? She says she didn't even write them up because she doesn't like confrontation but obviously she was already in quite a conflict so I don't see the problem at that point. The bottom line is that either she shouldn't have been there or she had the power to make them stop but decided to take the pacificst route. And all the kids on that bus who weren't assholes were pussies for not saying anything
Zebras stop and watch the lions maul the pack buddy that got caught. You expect someone to take action but people often don't do anything in the heat of the moment.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
This is not an inner city bus, this is in Greece, a pretty well-off suburb of Rochester, NY. As you can imagine, this is pretty big news in this area.

1. That woman was grossly underprepared and undertrained to deal with that situation. Had she been properly trained, that escalation never would have happened.
2. Those kids are little fucksticks. I don't care that they're only 12 and 13, at that age I knew the difference between right and wrong.
3. The tough guys on the internet who are threatening the lives of these kids and their families are complete retards who are ironically and unwittingly propagating the problem.
4. I don't give a shit that Karen Klein has gotten a million dollars in donations, I don't. If people are stupid enough to give her money, that's on them, not her. I say she should take the money, pay the income taxes, then take an amazing vacation. When she gets back, she should donate the rest to some anti-bullying organization or another charity of her choice.

In short, it's all the parents' fault.

it wasn't shocking to me since this was like an everyday bus ride for the bus monitor on my middle school bus. was it wrong? yes. is it that uncommon? no.

the only difference is this case was that it was caught on video and posted online. then the media has to act like they care even though it's obvious stuff like this happens all the time.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The bottom line is that either she shouldn't have been there or she had the power to make them stop but decided to take the pacificst route.
Have you ever actually tried to stop a group of 12-13 year old boys from being douchebags? Especially being a 68 year old woman, the boys don't care. What is she going to do? Write them up? To them that's a free day off school, they're BEGGING to get suspended. How do you threaten a group of kids that know you can't physically do anything to them? You can't, you just have to ignore them until you can get away from the situation. It all comes down to bad parenting and not teaching their kids to respect authority.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
When I was in school there were worse punishments than suspension, and they always came on top of whatever your parents did to you. You've got in-house, which was full day detention mixed with cleaning duties. Then there was Saturday school, which doesn't require explaining. And for the students who still refused to care, they would just put you in an "alternative school" which basically means that you better be satisfied with community college if anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)