SM UU The Nights ft. Guts Heracross

heracross.gif
aerodactyl-mega.gif
bronzong.giftentacruel.gif
sylveon.gif
hydreigon.gif

Introduction
Hello everyone, this is my first ever RMT which is based around a team which I am really proud of and have tons of fun laddering as well as playing in tours with. It's a balance squad based around guts Heracross which imo is one of the best wallbreaker in the tier atm due to being immune to status and sky high attack stats after getting burnt.
Also a tribute to Avicii ,one of the best EDM guys who ever was and will be.

Teambuilding Process

hera.png
So as i mentioned earlier, I wanted to use Hera as a wallbreaker so i started off with the standard wallbreaker set with flame orb and guts.

hera.pngaero.png
Heracross has a massive weakness to flying types in general due to its typing so I added Mega Aerodactyl which resists flying moves and can come in on Mega Pidgeot, Togekiss etc and force them out with STAB Stone edge. I chose to run 4 attacks Mega Aero with pursuit to trap a few mons as Heracross appreciates psychic types gone while also denting or straigh up OHKOing Gliscor with Ice fang.

hera.pngaero.pngzong.png
Next up I noticed that my team was pretty weak to Bullet Punch Scizor, psychic & fairy mons and lacked a pivot as well.In came Bronzong with it's amazing typing and defensive Stats coupled with levitate which lets it set up hazards and cripple walls while easily walling many mons like Hippowdown, celebi, Latias, Togekiss etc and pivoting in and out consistently.

hera.pngaero.pngzong.pngtenta.png
Heracross and Mega Aero don't appreciate hazards up on their side of the field so defensive Tentacruel was added as a utility spinner with toxic spikes to whittle down common switchins to the team in general and help Hera and Mega Aero sweep. It stops many boosting attackers right in their tracks with haze and completes my defensive core with bronzong which checks many threats but mainly Mega Altaria, Primarina and Infernape.

hera.pngaero.pngzong.pngtenta.pngsylv.png
Heracross and Mega Aero get whittled down a lot due to hazards, flame orb on Hera and lack of roost on Mega Aero. The defensive core of the team also relies on passive recovery and can be chipped easily. Enter Sylveon, one of the best cleric in the tier atm. It keeps the team healthy with wish+heal bell and provides me with a solid dark/fighting/dragon resist while having enough offensive power to hurt many things.

hera.pngaero.pngzong.pngtenta.pngsylv.pnghydrei.png
Scarf Hydreigon fits here perfectly as a revenge killer and a psychic+ground immunity which is appreciated a lot. It can take the advantage of Hera removing steels for it to drop a draco while Hera appreciates it's ability to remove psychic types. Hydreigon can use u-turn on predicted switch ins to bring in Heracross to put a dent in the opposing team.

In Depth Analysis

heracross.gif aero.pngzong.pngtenta.pngsylv.pnghydrei.png
Heracross @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Facade

Heracross's ability and its attack are the reason why it's one of the tiers best wallbreaker as it can just steamroll teams which aren't prepared for it. It has a decent speed tier and can 2HKO or OHKO stuff which makes it incredibly difficult to switch in into. The moveset is pretty much explanatory with CC being your main attack. Knock Off hits psychic and ghost mons super effectively which can wall this set. Guts boosted Facade shreds mons which resist CC like Togekiss, Crobat, Latias, Mantine etc. Swords Dance lets you boost your attack stat to insane levels and sweeps/breaks down teams on its own sometimes. Max attack and Max speed with Jolly nature helps to hit as hard as possible while outspeeding base 80s mons.

It can switch in on a pedicted spore from Breloom and force it out which is very helpful considering how frightening it is after the tier changes. Don't switch in Heracross on attacks directly as hazards+burn means that it's longevity is limited. Try to double out on predicted switches or pivot it in through Bronzong or Hydreigon. Facade+knock Off should be used at early stages of the game where the opponent has fighting resists in the back so that Heracross doesn't drop any stats. SD up against passive mons like alomomomola etc and fire off a move and watch a mon die.

Some Notable Calcs:
252 Atk Guts Heracross Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 160+ Def Togekiss: 180-212 (48.1 - 56.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Guts Heracross Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 229-270 (58.1 - 68.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Guts Heracross Facade (140 BP) vs. 248 HP / 156 Def Tentacruel: 256-302 (70.5 - 83.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
252 Atk Guts Heracross Facade (140 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Crobat: 267-315 (71.5 - 84.4%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery
252 Atk Guts Heracross Close Combat vs. 40 HP / 252+ Def Alomomola: 237-280 (49.2 - 58.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Guts Heracross Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Filter Aggron-Mega: 202-240 (58.8 - 69.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Guts Heracross Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mantine: 200-236 (53.4 - 63.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

hera.png
aerodactyl-mega.gif
zong.pngtenta.pngsylv.pnghydrei.png

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ice Fang
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Mega Aero makes up the second part of the offensive core with Heracross. Its the standard 4 attacks set with Ice fang>Wing attack to dent or destroy Gliscor depending on its set. Stone edge hits flying mons super effectively which come on Heracross to wall it while also doing a chunk to Scizor if it switches in. Quake hits steel mons like Coballion, Metagross, Empoleon, Magneton and electric mons like Mega Manectric ( which the team is a bit weak to), Raikou which the team may stuggle to kill effectively. Pursuit is used to trap mons like Mega Bee, Celebi, Starmie, Latias, Mega Pidgeot, Mantine, Mega Sceptile, Crobat which can straight up KO the mon or weaken it to the point where they die to hazards or become useless. Ice Fang hits Gliscor, Latias, Dragons, Serperior, Mega Sceptile super effectively.
Use Mega Aero effectively as its 2x weakness to rocks and no roost means that it can be chipped by u-turn and hazards pretty oftenly. Bring it in on predicted doubles just like Heracross or on hazard clearing mons to trap them or KO them.
Max attack and max speed with jolly nature helps Mega Aerodactyl to outspeed the entire unboosted metagame and slower choice scarf users like chandelure.

hera.pngaero.png bronzong.gif tenta.pngsylv.pnghydrei.png

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Gyro Ball
- Psywave

Bronzong is the team's rock setter while providing many important resistances to Scizor, Grounds, Lati, Togekiss, DD Mega Altaria and pivoting in and out after Heracross. Toxic cripples mons like Alomomomola, Hippowdon, Swampert, Gastrodon, Quagsire etc which may switchin to take an attack. Gyro Ball deters mons from setting up on it while also doing a chunk to fast mons. The only drawback is that it has got only 8 pp which can be stalled out pretty easily. Last move is psywave which stops Bronzongs from being a complete set-up bait for Suicune and other such mons.
Max hp with max spdef and a sassy nature help Bronzong to maximise its defenses while switching in easily to Mega Pidgeot and Latias more easily. 0 speed ivs are to make gyro ball hit as hard as possible.
Bronzong is a very important part of the team as it is resists and checks plethora of mons in the tier. Use it to set up rocks on its checks while crippling them with toxic. Heracross appreciates SR as it allows it to get more KOs as shown above. Watch out for pursuit trappers like Alolan Muk, Scizor, Mega Aero and double out on predicted switch ins to either Heracross/Mega Aero/Hydreigon.

hera.pngaero.pngzong.png
tentacruel.gif
sylv.pnghydrei.png

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 8 SpA / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Haze
- Toxic Spikes

Tentacruel is the team's utility spinner which removes hazards while setting up its own. Rapid spin spins away hazards. Scald is the standard move which every mon hates due to 30% burn chance which chips away and whittles down its switch ins. Haze is used to stop set up sweepers from setting up on it thus helping with set up mons like suicune a lot better. Toxic spikes are very useful to the team due to the sheer number of switch outs this team can force thus whittling down threats more easily.

96 speed evs with timid nature help to outspeed everything till Chandelure. while the rest of the evs are dumped into hp and defense. Black Sludge helps vs mons who could use trick and find themselves crippled. liquid ooze helps vs sub seed Serperior and any mons using giga drain or drain punch.

Tentacruel is the second part of the defensive core which provides key resistances to specially based Mega Altaria, Scarf Infernape, Coballion, Primarina, Suicune etc. It should come in on a predicted toxic or pivot in on an attack. If the hazards are up then it should remove those or set up a layer of t spikes if there are no grounded poison mons or just fire off a scald. Keep it around for Coballion or specs Primarina which can remove a mon from the team depending on its set.

hera.pngaero.pngzong.pngtenta.png sylveon.gif hydrei.png

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Sylveon is the cleric and the glue of the team as it can come on strong dark/dragon/fighting mons and keep the team healthy. Hyper voice is a powerful unboosted attack which goes through a sub thus helping vs annoying Serperior. Wish+ heal bell keep the team healthy by passing on hp or curing them of their status. Protect is to scout moves on choice locked mons like infernape, Scizor, Hydreigon etc.
Max hp and Max defense with a bold nature helps it to tank many physical as well as special moves.
Sylveon should be brought in on mons like Hydreigon, Latias etc and then used to fire off a move or wish pass according to the teams need. This mon can take on Mega Manectric to an extent but be careful about not getting it's health get too low otherwise fighting mons will have a field day vs the team.

hera.pngaero.pngzong.pngtenta.pngsylv.png
hydreigon.gif

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Fire Blast

Scarf Hydreigon functions as the revenge killer of the team while also can be used to gain momentum through u-turn. It provides a blanket check to fire/water/grass/electric/psychic/ground moves while also nuking the hell out of mons by dropping a draco. Dark pulse is a consistent attack which should be used only when there are no fairy/fighting types on the opposing team. U-turn is used to gain momentum and bring in Heracross/Mega Aero on the switch in. Fire blast is used to roast steels, mainly Scizor, grass mons and bugs.
Max spatk and max speed with timid nature allows it to outspeed most of the metagame.
Bring in Hydreigon on a predicted move it resists while proceed to drop a draco if there are no fairy types or use u-turn on the incoming mon to pivot into its check/counter. After the fighting and fairy mons of the opponent are gone, spam dark pulse to get consistent damage.

Threat list
1) Volt-turn :- Mega Manectric is pretty much free to volt switch on any mon it likes as I don't have a ground mon. This can be threatening as Manectric could bring out any dangerous wallbreaker like banded Scizor which puts my team under pressure as I have to predict what move will it go for. Stealth Rocks and a layer of tspikes can surely help vs this but it's nevertheless threatening.

2) Kommo-o :- If this mon gets up a dragon dance and my Tentacruel is weakened, it pretty much gets a KO so have to play around it a bit.

3) Swampert :- Roar is very annoying to the team as that ,combined with the fact that Mega Aero can't touch it, means I find it a bit difficult to deal with it due to the lack of grass moves on the team.

4) Crawdaunt :- This mon can rip my defensive core to shreds while severely damaging Heracross and Mega Aero. The only play I have vs this is predict, double and play very offensively or mons will start dropping to this beast.

5) Magneton :- It is another mon who can truly threaten the team as it traps Bronzong and KOs Tentacruel, Sylveon, Mega Aero depending on the set. I have to play around with it and sack someone to revenge kill it depending on its set.

6) Scizor :- Banded version puts massive work against the team as it cripples my defensive core with knock offs and offensive core with bullet punch. Again have to play around with Bronzong and Tenta while keeping hazards up for chipping it and firing off an attack on predicted switch in to whittle it down as much as possible.

These are all the threats I have found up until now and there may be more.

Heracross @ Flame Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Facade

Jolly Nature
- Ice Fang
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Fire Blast

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Gyro Ball
- Psywave

Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Haze
- Toxic Spikes

I will probs forget someone to give a s/o so gonna give it roomwise =p
grateful to everyone in the UU room and the AG room for being chill people
Lotus League guys you'll be missed ;-;

Conclusion
This squad is my favorite one yet in usum generation after I took a break of a year and half from mons. This team is the one that made me come back into the UU tier. I am pretty sure that there are a few changes and tweaks which can always be made to this team which y'all can find! Thanks and have a good day!

vivalospride

can’t rest in peace cause they diggin me
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
View attachment 113043View attachment 113044View attachment 113046View attachment 113047View attachment 113049View attachment 113048
Introduction
Hello everyone, this is my first ever RMT which is based around a team which I am really proud of and have tons of fun laddering as well as playing in tours with. It's a balance squad based around guts Heracross which imo is one of the best wallbreaker in the tier atm due to being immune to status and sky high attack stats after getting burnt.
Also a tribute to Avicii ,one of the best EDM guys who ever was and will be.

Teambuilding Process

View attachment 113057
So as i mentioned earlier, I wanted to use Hera as a wallbreaker so i started off with the standard wallbreaker set with flame orb and guts.

View attachment 113057View attachment 113056
Heracross has a massive weakness to flying types in general due to its typing so I added Mega Aerodactyl which resists flying moves and can come in on Mega Pidgeot, Togekiss etc and force them out with STAB Stone edge. I chose to run 4 attacks Mega Aero with pursuit to trap a few mons as Heracross appreciates psychic types gone while also denting or straigh up OHKOing Gliscor with Ice fang.

View attachment 113057View attachment 113056View attachment 113058
Next up I noticed that my team was pretty weak to Bullet Punch Scizor, psychic & fairy mons and lacked a pivot as well.In came Bronzong with it's amazing typing and defensive Stats coupled with levitate which lets it set up hazards and cripple walls while easily walling many mons like Hippowdown, celebi, Latias, Togekiss etc and pivoting in and out consistently.

View attachment 113057View attachment 113056View attachment 113058View attachment 113061
Heracross and Mega Aero don't appreciate hazards up on their side of the field so defensive Tentacruel was added as a utility spinner with toxic spikes to whittle down common switchins to the team in general and help Hera and Mega Aero sweep. It stops many boosting attackers right in their tracks with haze and completes my defensive core with bronzong which checks many threats but mainly Mega Altaria, Primarina and Infernape.

View attachment 113057View attachment 113056View attachment 113058View attachment 113061View attachment 113060
Heracross and Mega Aero get whittled down a lot due to hazards, flame orb on Hera and lack of roost on Mega Aero. The defensive core of the team also relies on passive recovery and can be chipped easily. Enter Sylveon, one of the best cleric in the tier atm. It keeps the team healthy with wish+heal bell and provides me with a solid dark/fighting/dragon resist while having enough offensive power to hurt many things.

View attachment 113057View attachment 113056View attachment 113058View attachment 113061View attachment 113060View attachment 113059
Scarf Hydreigon fits here perfectly as a revenge killer and a psychic+ground immunity which is appreciated a lot. It can take the advantage of Hera removing steels for it to drop a draco while Hera appreciates it's ability to remove psychic types. Hydreigon can use u-turn on predicted switch ins to bring in Heracross to put a dent in the opposing team.

In Depth Analysis

View attachment 113043 View attachment 113056View attachment 113058View attachment 113061View attachment 113060View attachment 113059
Heracross @ Flame Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Facade

Heracross's ability and its attack are the reason why it's one of the tiers best wallbreaker as it can just steamroll teams which aren't prepared for it. It has a decent speed tier and can 2HKO or OHKO stuff which makes it incredibly difficult to switch in into. The moveset is pretty much explanatory with CC being your main attack. Knock Off hits psychic and ghost mons super effectively which can wall this set. Guts boosted Facade shreds mons which resist CC like Togekiss, Crobat, Latias, Mantine etc. Swords Dance lets you boost your attack stat to insane levels and sweeps/breaks down teams on its own sometimes. Max attack and Max speed with Jolly nature helps to hit as hard as possible while outspeeding base 80s mons.

It can switch in on a pedicted spore from Breloom and force it out which is very helpful considering how frightening it is after the tier changes. Don't switch in Heracross on attacks directly as hazards+burn means that it's longevity is limited. Try to double out on predicted switches or pivot it in through Bronzong or Hydreigon. Facade+knock Off should be used at early stages of the game where the opponent has fighting resists in the back so that Heracross doesn't drop any stats. SD up against passive mons like alomomomola etc and fire off a move and watch a mon die.

Some Notable Calcs:
252 Atk Guts Heracross Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 160+ Def Togekiss: 180-212 (48.1 - 56.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Guts Heracross Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 229-270 (58.1 - 68.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Guts Heracross Facade (140 BP) vs. 248 HP / 156 Def Tentacruel: 256-302 (70.5 - 83.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
252 Atk Guts Heracross Facade (140 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Crobat: 267-315 (71.5 - 84.4%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery
252 Atk Guts Heracross Close Combat vs. 40 HP / 252+ Def Alomomola: 237-280 (49.2 - 58.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Guts Heracross Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Filter Aggron-Mega: 202-240 (58.8 - 69.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Guts Heracross Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mantine: 200-236 (53.4 - 63.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

View attachment 113057View attachment 113044View attachment 113058View attachment 113061View attachment 113060View attachment 113059

Jolly Nature
- Ice Fang
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Mega Aero makes up the second part of the offensive core with Heracross. Its the standard 4 attacks set with Ice fang>Wing attack to dent or destroy Gliscor depending on its set. Stone edge hits flying mons super effectively which come on Heracross to wall it while also doing a chunk to Scizor if it switches in. Quake hits steel mons like Coballion, Metagross, Empoleon, Magneton and electric mons like Mega Manectric ( which the team is a bit weak to), Raikou which the team may stuggle to kill effectively. Pursuit is used to trap mons like Mega Bee, Celebi, Starmie, Latias, Mega Pidgeot, Mantine, Mega Sceptile, Crobat which can straight up KO the mon or weaken it to the point where they die to hazards or become useless. Ice Fang hits Gliscor, Latias, Dragons, Serperior, Mega Sceptile super effectively.
Use Mega Aero effectively as its 2x weakness to rocks and no roost means that it can be chipped by u-turn and hazards pretty oftenly. Bring it in on predicted doubles just like Heracross or on hazard clearing mons to trap them or KO them.
Max attack and max speed with jolly nature helps Mega Aerodactyl to outspeed the entire unboosted metagame and slower choice scarf users like chandelure.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Gyro Ball
- Psywave

Bronzong is the team's rock setter while providing many important resistances to Scizor, Grounds, Lati, Togekiss, DD Mega Altaria and pivoting in and out after Heracross. Toxic cripples mons like Alomomomola, Hippowdon, Swampert, Gastrodon, Quagsire etc which may switchin to take an attack. Gyro Ball deters mons from setting up on it while also doing a chunk to fast mons. The only drawback is that it has got only 8 pp which can be stalled out pretty easily. Last move is psywave which stops Bronzongs from being a complete set-up bait for Suicune and other such mons.
Max hp with max spdef and a sassy nature help Bronzong to maximise its defenses while switching in easily to Mega Pidgeot and Latias more easily. 0 speed ivs are to make gyro ball hit as hard as possible.
Bronzong is a very important part of the team as it is resists and checks plethora of mons in the tier. Use it to set up rocks on its checks while crippling them with toxic. Heracross appreciates SR as it allows it to get more KOs as shown above. Watch out for pursuit trappers like Alolan Muk, Scizor, Mega Aero and double out on predicted switch ins to either Heracross/Mega Aero/Hydreigon.

View attachment 113057View attachment 113056View attachment 113058View attachment 113047View attachment 113060View attachment 113059

Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Haze
- Toxic Spikes

Tentacruel is the team's utility spinner which removes hazards while setting up its own. Rapid spin spins away hazards. Scald is the standard move which every mon hates due to 30% burn chance which chips away and whittles down its switch ins. Haze is used to stop set up sweepers from setting up on it thus helping with set up mons like suicune a lot better. Toxic spikes are very useful to the team due to the sheer number of switch outs this team can force thus whittling down threats more easily.

96 speed evs with timid nature help to outspeed everything till Chandelure. while the rest of the evs are dumped into hp and defense. Black Sludge helps vs mons who could use trick and find themselves crippled. liquid ooze helps vs sub seed Serperior and any mons using giga drain or drain punch.

Tentacruel is the second part of the defensive core which provides key resistances to specially based Mega Altaria, Scarf Infernape, Coballion, Primarina, Suicune etc. It should come in on a predicted toxic or pivot in on an attack. If the hazards are up then it should remove those or set up a layer of t spikes if there are no grounded poison mons or just fire off a scald. Keep it around for Coballion or specs Primarina which can remove a mon from the team depending on its set.

View attachment 113057View attachment 113056View attachment 113058View attachment 113061View attachment 113049View attachment 113059

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Sylveon is the cleric and the glue of the team as it can come on strong dark/dragon/fighting mons and keep the team healthy. Hyper voice is a powerful unboosted attack which goes through a sub thus helping vs annoying Serperior. Wish+ heal bell keep the team healthy by passing on hp or curing them of their status. Protect is to scout moves on choice locked mons like infernape, Scizor, Hydreigon etc.
Max hp and Max defense with a bold nature helps it to tank many physical as well as special moves.
Sylveon should be brought in on mons like Hydreigon, Latias etc and then used to fire off a move or wish pass according to the teams need. This mon can take on Mega Manectric to an extent but be careful about not getting it's health get too low otherwise fighting mons will have a field day vs the team.

View attachment 113057View attachment 113056View attachment 113058View attachment 113061View attachment 113060View attachment 113048

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Fire Blast

Scarf Hydreigon functions as the revenge killer of the team while also can be used to gain momentum through u-turn. It provides a blanket check to fire/water/grass/electric/psychic/ground moves while also nuking the hell out of mons by dropping a draco. Dark pulse is a consistent attack which should be used only when there are no fairy/fighting types on the opposing team. U-turn is used to gain momentum and bring in Heracross/Mega Aero on the switch in. Fire blast is used to roast steels, mainly Scizor, grass mons and bugs.
Max spatk and max speed with timid nature allows it to outspeed most of the metagame.
Bring in Hydreigon on a predicted move it resists while proceed to drop a draco if there are no fairy types or use u-turn on the incoming mon to pivot into its check/counter. After the fighting and fairy mons of the opponent are gone, spam dark pulse to get consistent damage.

Threat list
1) Volt-turn :- Mega Manectric is pretty much free to volt switch on any mon it likes as I don't have a ground mon. This can be threatening as Manectric could bring out any dangerous wallbreaker like banded Scizor which puts my team under pressure as I have to predict what move will it go for. Stealth Rocks and a layer of tspikes can surely help vs this but it's nevertheless threatening.

2) Kommo-o :- If this mon gets up a dragon dance and my Tentacruel is weakened, it pretty much gets a KO so have to play around it a bit.

3) Swampert :- Roar is very annoying to the team as that ,combined with the fact that Mega Aero can't touch it, means I find it a bit difficult to deal with it due to the lack of grass moves on the team.

4) Crawdaunt :- This mon can rip my defensive core to shreds while severely damaging Heracross and Mega Aero. The only play I have vs this is predict, double and play very offensively or mons will start dropping to this beast.

5) Magneton :- It is another mon who can truly threaten the team as it traps Bronzong and KOs Tentacruel, Sylveon, Mega Aero depending on the set. I have to play around with it and sack someone to revenge kill it depending on its set.

6) Scizor :- Banded version puts massive work against the team as it cripples my defensive core with knock offs and offensive core with bullet punch. Again have to play around with Bronzong and Tenta while keeping hazards up for chipping it and firing off an attack on predicted switch in to whittle it down as much as possible.

These are all the threats I have found up until now and there may be more.

Heracross @ Flame Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Facade

Jolly Nature
- Ice Fang
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Fire Blast

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Gyro Ball
- Psywave

Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Haze
- Toxic Spikes

I will probs forget someone to give a s/o so gonna give it roomwise =p
grateful to everyone in the UU room and the AG room for being chill people
Lotus League guys you'll be missed ;-;

Conclusion
This squad is my favorite one yet in usum generation after I took a break of a year and half from mons. This team is the one that made me come back into the UU tier. I am pretty sure that there are a few changes and tweaks which can always be made to this team which y'all can find! Thanks and have a good day!
Hi, fun team you have here.

I've come up with some solutions to patch up a few of the teams' weaknesses, so here we go:

- Sylveon -> Togekiss: Sylveon is dope to have here as a cleric and Hydreigon check. But any pokemon with the fairy typing can deal with Hydreigon just fine (assuming it's not Poison Z). Defog Toge is a much better option for removal because it compresses the roles of Sylveon and Tentacruel pretty well (removal/support that can deal with Hydreigon and Breloom). Also helps your Breloom matchup a ton since you weren't running Sludge Wave on Tentacruel. On top of this T-Wave support is really dope to have with Heracross due to it's mediocre speed tier. I went with a pretty normal Togekiss set with Safety Goggles > Leftovers to semi-safely switch into Breloom, and the spread speed creeps Jolly Breloom.
Togekiss @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Air Slash
- Thunder Wave
- Defog
- Roost

- Bronzong -> Swampert: I understand Bronzong is like your primary Lati answer and everything, but not having an elec immunity is soooo annoying. Like Mmane walks all over this team w/ the only thing pressuring it enough to where it doesn't just click volt switch for free is Drei. Swampert + Maero is a tried and true core that I think would work well here, you need an elec immunity, and this also offers a staka switch in and physical wall in general. I went with standard Swampert but the last slot is a little flexible, I think either Toxic or Mirror Coat could be cool. Mirror Coat because the Hp Fire Lati matchup is pretty bad, and also the Prima matchup is pretty terrifying. Toxic to help pressure bulky waters (the team has no grass type).
Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Toxic / Mirror Coat

- Tentacruel -> Scizor: Now with Bronzong being gone, and having Toge for removal, we don't really need Tentacruel no more. The closest you're gonna get to checking both Lati and Scizor in one slot is Fightinium Z Scizor tbh, Scizor is here to offer another wincon and much needed Steel type with Bronzong being gone. With the other 5 mons, we still have no Z move, so max speed Fightinium Z only made sense to improve the Scizor matchup and to give Scizor a nuke on a team w/o a Z move. I went Knock Off > Bug Bite here to catch things like Chandelure and other Ghost types that want to switch into the superpower they're expecting.
Scizor @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Superpower

- Fire Fang > EQ on Maero: This isn't too big of a deal, but with Swampert now, i'm not sure how necessary EQ is here, and Fire Fang is pretty neat since 9/10 a Scizor is gonna be clicking U-Turn on Maero to chip Swampert (assuming the Scizor has U-Turn). But yeah, it's just a little something to improve the Scizor m/u, nothing major. It kinda forces the Scizor to click BP every time.
Jolly Nature
- Ice Fang
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Fire Fang

I've used this team for a lil bit on the ladder and I definitely like the team more with these changes, and if you have any questions you know you can just hmu on PS. You know where to find me.

I've used this team for a lil bit on the ladder and I definitely like the team more with these changes, and if you have any questions you know you can just hmu on PS. You know where to find me.
First of all thanks a lot for the rate!
I'll try out the aforementioned changes and let you know if i have any questions! cheers :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)