the next game after D/P

My first thread, tried making it about a cool topic that i think is pretty needs mention.

What do you thing the next pokemon game will need?
(no a new game hasnt been announced yet)

Part one: What do you thing the next game will need
Personally, I cant wait for a new gen of poke or a new release. A new game or a new gen may give us some things the D/P metagame is missing like

-BetterRapid Spinners
Ninendo made a mistake with Stealth Rocks. Its a cool move, dont get me wrong, but we where given no new rapid spinners to handle SR and Toxic Spikes

-Move Tutors
Everyone is always looking for Emerald Move tutor poke, and you know you are two. A new poke game will no doubt need some cool move tutors.

-More physical Fire, Electric, and Water Moves
The special physical split is great no doubt, but these types only got 3-5 physical moves each

-More Special Ground, Rock, Fighting, Normal moves
The special physical split is great no doubt, but these types only got 1-4 special moves each

Part two: Release dates
This only really applies to people in the US and Canada.
So there has been alot of talk of a Gold Silver re-release some time in the near future. But i was wondering we can expect a new game my self, regardless of weather it is a G/S re-release. So I went on line, did some research and math, and this is what i came up with.

Pokemon game release dates US

R/B-Sept 98
Y-Oct 99
G/S-Oct 00
C-Jul 01
R/S-Mar 03
F/G-Sep 04
E-Mar 05
D/P-Aprl 07

How often does Nintendo add new generation of pokemon into the game?

Every 19 months on average.

The past two waits for new poke (G/S to R/S and R/S to D/P) have been alot longer than the first one (R/B to G/S) Chances are we wont see any new poke till March 09 since march is a popular release date, but hey, thats only 15 more months till a whole new batch of pokemon.

How often does Nintendo release a game w/o new poke?

Every 11.5 months on average.

We should be seeing a release of a new game in July. A Gold Silver re-release is becoming the most anticipated pokemon release todate, that hasn't even been announced yet. However, if Nintendo follow there current release pattern we should be seeing a remake instead of another Crystal or Emerald.

What will you be looking for come the new games? how long are you willing to wait? any other comments and such? discuss

I agree with your points on what would be good in in the next D/P installment. I think a pokemon that spun as soon as it came into battle would be kind of cool, as its ability.

A new installment of D/P (what are they going to call it?) is inevitable and would be cool, but I would prefer a G/S remake. It was my favortie game in the series overall, and many others agree with me. There's a thread on it in the Mt.Silver section, but anyway... the only issue I had with G/S is that the Elite 4 and Kanto gym leaders were underleveled. At least they could increase in difficulty on rematch.

I always thought a remake of Gold/Silver would be before 4th Gen pokemon came out. I guess they're gonna come up with that. It isn't hard to guess how popular it would be, as Gold/Silver is already a long game. If it follows in the fashion of FR/LG, it might get a few more areas to explore, and of course, the possibility of a legit Celebi/Lugia/Ho-Oh available outside of Japan at last.

I agree with your points on what would be good in in the next D/P installment. I think a pokemon that spun as soon as it came into battle would be kind of cool, as its ability.
Yes, hurricane pokemon anyone?

there is no proof yet, and i never said there will be one.

but we should know by march. if it hasnt been announced by then, id say o well

there is no proof yet, and i never said there will be one.

but we should know by march. if it hasnt been announced by then, id say o well
You're completely right with this statement. I mean, let's look at Mario for an example: Nintendo doesn't like milking franchises for all they're worth!

I chuckled a bit when I read that post. If you're seriously going to tell me that Nintendo doesn't like to milk their franchises to make money, then you can save your breath...er...finger skills.

Milking a franchise for all its worth aside, there's no other reason for a remake of G/S. FR/LG were made partially because it was a way to introduce the Kanto Pokemon to the 3rd gen (since R/B/Y were incompatible with the ADV games).

Well, the fact that there is a possible catch location of "Johto" in Diamond and Pearl sort of hints that there may be one? Or they were just leaving their options open in case they decided to. But either way it sure looks like they were considering it.

Well, the fact that there is a possible catch location of "Johto" in Diamond and Pearl sort of hints that there may be one? Or they were just leaving their options open in case they decided to. But either way it sure looks like they were considering it.
What?

i'm pretty confident when i say eventually we will get another game. i agree with the milking concept above, and i couldn't be happier about it.

if my friend ambition is correct then pokemon (random gemstone) should be announced to us relatively soon. i think it's inevitable that we will see an updated version of d/p possibly with a way to access those "semi-legit" legends. i'd also gladly welcome a mega-sort of game that g/s was, featuring an entirely new map to unlock at the end of the first map, possibly back into johto? there are certainly enough g/s references in d/p to give us an idea of whats up next.

while i think ambitions new poke ideas are awesome i'm gonna be straight foward and say that we will not see them for at least a year. there is no way they'd introduce new pokes right off the heels of an new generation.

can anyone tell us about how diamond pearl was announced or if there was any evidence that was discovered prior to th announcement that we could be on the look out for a second time around?

wait yeah what are you talking about ryou?

I will echo the comment on rapid spinning
consider the effect SR/SPikes/TS have on shoddy at least, Im rather disappointed that there is only one move that deals with em, and only 16 final stage pokemon that learn it

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
My first thread, tried making it about a cool topic that i think is pretty needs mention.

What do you thing the next pokemon game will need?
(no a new game hasnt been announced yet)

Part one: What do you thing the next game will need
Personally, I cant wait for a new gen of poke or a new release. A new game or a new gen may give us some things the D/P metagame is missing like

-BetterRapid Spinners
Ninendo made a mistake with Stealth Rocks. Its a cool move, dont get me wrong, but we where given no new rapid spinners to handle SR and Toxic Spikes
try useing claydol it resists SR, we dont have new rapid spiners but we can use the old ones to great efect.

-Move Tutors
Everyone is always looking for Emerald Move tutor poke, and you know you are two. A new poke game will no doubt need some cool move tutors.
the new game should have the same move tutors as emerald to avoid the nonsence of iligal movesets.

-More physical Fire, Electric, and Water Moves
The special physical split is great no doubt, but these types only got 3-5 physical moves each
what about waterfall and flare blitz it dosent matter how many moves there are its about how strong they are, i admit thay thunder fang/ punch isent great but its not that bad.

The special physical split is great no doubt, but these types only got 1-4 special moves each
and earth power, anchent power/power gem, aura sphere/ that move that lucario learns, tri attck? what about them?

Part two: Release dates
This only really applies to people in the US and Canada.
So there has been alot of talk of a Gold Silver re-release some time in the near future. But i was wondering we can expect a new game my self, regardless of weather it is a G/S re-release. So I went on line, did some research and math, and this is what i came up with.

Pokemon game release dates US

R/B-Sept 98
Y-Oct 99
G/S-Oct 00
C-Jul 01
R/S-Mar 03
F/G-Sep 04
E-Mar 05
D/P-Aprl 07

How often does Nintendo add new generation of pokemon into the game?

Every 19 months on average.

The past two waits for new poke (G/S to R/S and R/S to D/P) have been alot longer than the first one (R/B to G/S) Chances are we wont see any new poke till March 09 since march is a popular release date, but hey, thats only 15 more months till a whole new batch of pokemon.

How often does Nintendo release a game w/o new poke?

Every 11.5 months on average.

We should be seeing a release of a new game in July. A Gold Silver re-release is becoming the most anticipated pokemon release todate, that hasn't even been announced yet. However, if Nintendo follow there current release pattern we should be seeing a remake instead of another Crystal or Emerald.

nice reserch.

What will you be looking for come the new games? how long are you willing to wait? any other comments and such? discuss
ill wait as long as it takes, its not like i have a choice.

and earth power, anchent power/power gem, aura sphere/ that move that lucario learns, tri attck? what about them?
You said 1 Ground, 2 Rock, 1 Fighting, 1 Normal. What are you trying to say? He said 1-4 of each of those types, and yes, you showed 1-4, but your tones makes it seem like he forgot about those moves.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
if you want a powerful move of a certan type e.g. ground then you only need two moves one phy. and one sp. we already have earth power and earthquake so why ask for more?
ok i sed it wrong in my previous post but we dont need more moves like that (exept phy. electric)

Hopefully they make a G/S remake with better iv'd dogs I mean come on look at how rare Raikou is(GTS, trading boards, etc.), and some of those are even hacked so the number goes down even more. (I'm not accusing anyone on Smogon I'm just stating it the way it is). Also better access to Lugia and Ho-Oh would be nice but if you ask me the best part is the 16 badges it totally rocks! :D but most likely they might release a D/P upgrade(like E,C, and Y). But I doubt nintendo will give access to the semi-legit pokes.

wait yeah what are you talking about ryou?
He's talking about the fact that it is possible to get hacked pokemon from Johto on D/P, it was put into the coding. So far it hasn't been used, but maybe Nintendo put it there because they plan on releasing a G/C remake, and if not, it just means while making D/P they were keeping their options open on whether or not to do it. So its very possible that we will be seeing a G/C remake soon, not definite but I'd say its likely

Probably a device or 2 extra move slot for keeping moves that u don't want to delete and you are able to switch it in before the battle. This would probably help u not having to breed more than 1 poke of the same specie if u want different moveset since moves like egg move = gone after u delete them unless u clone. An example would be u r running a Meganium with counter and leech seed and one day u want to try using light screen over counter. You will either have to replace counter with light screen which will result in counter = gone forever or breed / clone then teach it light screen so that you wouldn't lose counter. If eggmove r relearnable then I don't think this would be necessary but on the other hand it can be handy for a quick switch.

Probably a device or 2 extra move slot for keeping moves that u don't want to delete and you are able to switch it in before the battle. This would probably help u not having to breed more than 1 poke of the same specie if u want different moveset since moves like egg move = gone after u delete them unless u clone. An example would be u r running a Meganium with counter and leech seed and one day u want to try using light screen over counter. You will either have to replace counter with light screen which will result in counter = gone forever or breed / clone then teach it light screen so that you wouldn't lose counter. If eggmove r relearnable then I don't think this would be necessary but on the other hand it can be handy for a quick switch.
How about GTS cloning it before you delete the move?

Yeah that falls into the category of cloning but being able to switching in moves at anytime just makes the game more flexible especially for people who can't clone either with ar or gts.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
A fifth moveslot would help so many things out. On the other hand, though, it could make things like Gengar and Infernape uncounterable.

A good addition for the next-generation would be more (non-uber) pokemon with drought / drizzle. Also the return of the IV guy from Emerald would be a god-send.

I'd also like to see an in-game mode similar to Shoddy / Competitor so you can test out teams over the 'net without having to train them. That would actually be better than Shoddy since you would have a cast-iron guarantee that the mechanics are correct.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)